• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
He directed Pokemon Twilight Wings didn't he? I haven't seen all episodes but it from what I've heard it was received pretty well.
Oh ? Missed out on his involvement in that. Recently done too so hopefully there'll be more from him than hitherto.

------
Does anyone know anything about Magatsu Wahrheit: ZUERST ? Played the game, etc ? PV is cryptic and hard to gauge but it doesn't look like your run of the mill isekai at least.

Deleted member 28564

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
This season's Haikyuu start is a bit stronger than the previous one. Maybe the studio has become more comfortable, now? Regardless, good episode. I want it all yesterday!

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Lol I wrote up my thoughts on Summer 2020 shows on Reddit. Then this dude just calls me out because MAL said I liked Sword Art Online, which isn't true but whatever. Dude goes on saying how can I be an anime fan and like trash like Sword Art Online. I should be ashamed of myself and my opinions on the 20 shows I watched over summer are invalid because of such. People are weird.
Could be the same guy. His example of trash was SAO as well 😂

Oct 26, 2017
Hypnosis mic: rap battle division
Plot: After war, women have taken over ruling politics in the Chuo ward and have banned and destroyed weapons. This has caused men to fight through rap battles using Hypnosis Mics, which can be used to affect people's sympathetic nerves and influence their thought process. However, the legendary rap group, The Dirty Dawg, has split up into four groups, each representing a division of Tokyo, Japan and engaging in territorial battles using words and the Hypnosis Mics.

This is unironcally the best new anime I've seen in a while. The premise is absurd as fuck but the first episode oozes with style when the characters literally rap battle people to deliver a beat down. The mics the characters use and the character designs are really unique. Might be the sleeper hit of the season.

Opening

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Hypnosis mic: rap battle division

This is unironcally the best new anime I've seen in a while. The premise is absurd as fuck but the first episode oozes with style when the characters literally rap battle people to deliver a beat down. The mics the characters use and the character designs are really unique. Might be the sleeper hit of the season.

Opening

my immediate thought is that this is a brilliant way to make this idol anime stand out

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Hypnosis Mic

"Oh, it's the idol thing where everyone has weird eyes and I guess it has rap instead of traditional idol music" were my thoughts going in.
The first thing that hits is a giant TV-MA screen with a warning that the show contains mature language and lyrics, and should not be watched by anyone who might be offended
And then... the show starts... and I'm just slack jawed for 20 minutes. What the fuck did I just watch. I don't think it's bad, it's just.... what on earth was that

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
Assault Lily 01
there's definitely some assault on my eardrums going on, this was louder than the explosions in slime or fire force and worst was constantly loud and not just here and there

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
Burn the Witch 01

Nice art. Cool characters. Pervy themes. Nonesense story/world.

Yup. It's Tite Kubo's anime.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Jujutsu ep 1

Same as the manga, and the art style makes it stand out more than the manga art. This is a good thing.

scarlet

Oct 25, 2017
Burn the Witch

I need more episodes! The theme is better than bleach!

I need more dragons!

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
DQ Dai ep 1

What a fun show! Nice and vibrant to watch on a Friday night (at least, for this time zone :p) The only thing that bugged me was the obvious CG use of the monsters. Felt like Team Rocket coming in :p I'm guessing the story is similar to those DQ Joker games? That is, befriending and fighting with monsters? Also now that I think about it, there's barely been any fantasy series that aren't isekai. At least, this is the first I can recall since... Somali, I think? I'm sure there's been a couple others, but feel rare.

At some point I want to check out the original series too (a dedicated fan had VHS rips, upgraded some to DVD, and then went straight to some blu ray rips and subbed the whole show and movies). I know it's not complete, but I enjoy adaptations and comparing them.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Tampa
Dragon Quest: Sword of Dai Episode 1:

Boy, all of the anime just kind of rushed in at once. Never saw the
original series but this was good; probably a cut above your average kids anime fare.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Dog and Cat ep 1

Forgot this also aired! Another short just over a min long. Dog os happy-go-lucky and cat is a jerk >_> Always nice for a quick little short in between shows.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Lol I wrote up my thoughts on Summer 2020 shows on Reddit. Then this dude just calls me out because MAL said I liked Sword Art Online, which isn't true but whatever. Dude goes on saying how can I be an anime fan and like trash like Sword Art Online. I should be ashamed of myself and my opinions on the 20 shows I watched over summer are invalid because of such. People are weird.

what a dipshit lmao

dasu

Aug 2, 2018
Appare-Ranman (FIN): The show was good at keeping up stakes until the end, although the climax didn't really end up being about the race, which I found a bit odd. I think in general the antagonist should have been incorporated into the story way sooner, as he really only becomes a threat in the last four episodes, which made him feel more like a random obstacle than something tying the story conflict together. I really liked the characters besides that, and the production values were great as well.

Last edited:

NaDannMaGoGo

Oct 25, 2017
Haikyuu T³ S2 - 01

Didn't tell my thoughts about that first season yet. Which was a noticeable step down to the previous productions, no question, but did pick up steam again for me when the tournament started and more of the great cast of characters got to interact with one another.

Well, this first episode kinda continues like that and, what can you say, when you tasted greatness for a long time then it being merely good is rather disappointing. For a first episode I seemed to notice panning over stills shots rather frequently. And the different character design might remain my biggest problem, with Asahi in particular just looking so damn derpy. Otherwise, it seemed fine with quite a few nice action shots, too, but nothing that would've downright swept me up.

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if they will adapt the the One-Shot for Burn the Witch.

I could see it being adapted into a OVA. I mean if they are continuing the series I imagine adapting the prequel story would be beneficial.

Deleted member 76539

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 31, 2020
Jujutsu Kaisen Episode 1:

I presume this is going to get more
interesting then just discount Junji Ito monsters.
Not...Really? Unless by more interesting you mean even more by the numbers mediocre shounen than it already starts out as. Settle in for all the middle of the road shounen tropes.

Impressions: First episode was fine. Park's strong visuals elevates it a bit over the manga but the start is by far the strongest part and even then it's not all that great. Who knows, maybe having a strong production will at least make the later arcs semi-entertaining instead of mind-numbingly dull.

Last edited:

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
Shingo Yamashita directed the Jujutsu Kaisen OP, pretty cool as expected.

Jujutsu Kaisen Episode 1:

I presume this is going to get more
interesting then just discount Junji Ito monsters.
Ehh, a bit? It truly wears its battle shounen inspiration on its sleeve. It does some interesting things though.

JJK ep 1:
But goddamn did the OP look amazing. One of the best in recent memory. But the actual anime visuals weren't really up to my liking.

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
Burn the Witch 1-3

Yea I need more Kubo in my life and this show basically gave me what I needed. Can't wait to get some more Kubo shit lol.

JJK 1

Seems like they are going all out for this since it's getting 24 episodes. That's nice considering it's one of Jump's bigger properties right now. OP is a banger and so far they have done the manga justice. Can't wait for more because I need some battle shonen in my life.

Ganyc

Oct 26, 2017
probably my watch list this season:
Dragon Quest
Higurashi remake
The day i became a god
Tonikaku kawaii
Majo no Tabitabi
Gundam Build Divers Series: Battlogue
maybe Burn the witch

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
Looks like piracy died today. Imagine paying two beers a month for streaming. Yikes, what horrible days ahead for pirates.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Sailor Moon R 49
Moonlight Knight, huh? Interesting. Wonder if it's the same suppressed memories deal like with Tuxedo Mask. Jupiter was cool in this one. I was hoping she was going to get a power up but that would be out of order. Usagi is so sweet. Poor baby girl so scared about her friends dying all over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.