• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Narag

Oct 25, 2017
u6m4Onn.png
Our dear Printer Paper 8 X 11 is still missing in action so I'm filling in again. He was kind enough to provide the above image which was much better than my attempt. Life seems to be returning to a false sense of normalcy so we may as well enjoy the return of too much anime as there's like 40sh shows shows next season. Godspeed to the brave soul that's gonna watch them all. I'll just highlight the dozen or so that's caught my eye.

New Shows

3goVnHu.jpg

Jujutsu Kaisen
PV

Haven't a clue what it's about but the PV makes me think shounenshit via MAPPA so I'm in for that.

JHNDLSE.png

Noblesse
PV

He locates a loyal servant of his, Frankenstein, who is currently the principal of a South Korean High School.

Say no more.

i7KMle7.jpg

Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear
PV1 PV2

Fifteen-year-old Yuna prefers staying home and obsessively playing her favorite VRMMO game to doing anything else, including going to school. When a strange new update gives her a one-of-a-kind bear outfit that comes with overpowered abilities, Yuna is torn: the outfit is unbearably cute, but too embarrassing to wear in-game. But then she suddenly finds herself transported into the world of the game, facing down monsters and magic for real, and the bear suit becomes the best weapon she has!

Sounds like isekai done right at last. It's also the Haifuri director and I think that was reasonably well liked.

RC60FDT.jpg

Dragon Quest: Adventure of Dai
PV

It's DQ anime! It's the second adaptation of The Adventures of Dai manga from way back when but this time in glorious CG. We might get lucky and end up with the fabled good CG that's been rearing its lovely head lately.

ig8Y9Hf.jpg

Higurashi: When They Cry
PV1 PV2

An inexplicable new adaptation of the old VN, if you know what it's about, maybe check things out. If you don't, just go in blind for max fun.

2tQMS0V.jpg

The Day I Became a God

Youta Narukami is a student focused only on his college entrance exams. During his last summer break of high school, he is approached by a girl named Hina who says she is the god of omniscience. She tells him that in thirty days, the world will end. At first Youta doesn't believe her, but after she demonstrates supernatural predictive abilities, he becomes convinced her power is genuine. Hina, meanwhile, decides for some reason to stay at his house, and they begin a tumultuous vacation facing the end of the world together.
PV

Well this sounds kinda intere--
H28mTFm.png

Lb8yNJP.png

rLbzI6T.png

Yashahime: Princess Half-Demon
PV

Inu-yasha has a sequel?! Let's all dust off our Sesshoumaru avatars and forum sigs so we can settle in for something that can't possibly disappoint!

mwoFHkD.png

Haikyuu!! TO THE TOP 2
PV
It really is the season of sequels, isn't it? Looking forward to hopping into this franchise sooner or later since there seems to be less ahead for it than there is behind it at this point.

IFBP4MZ.png

Moriarty the Patriot
PV

The story's protagonist is James Moriarty, the famous antagonist from Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes series. He is an orphan who assumes the name William James Moriarty when he and his younger brother are adopted into the Moriarty family. As a young man, he seeks to remove the ills caused by England's strict class system.

Sounds rad tbh. Hope he ends up so embittered by class struggle that it is his impetus for becoming the napoleon of crime.

t9ScyuQ.jpg

Strike Witches: Dai-501 Tougou Sentou Koukuudan ROAD to BERLIN

Always down for historical or military anime and this appears to be both!

teJ1gFt.png

Golden Kamuy S3
PV

Excited for this to be back even if I'm way behind. Hoping it's less ugly nowadays too but that PV sure isn't very promising. Wish they'd promote the show with some Ogata ASMR vids.

And a bunch of other sequels:
Danmachi S3
Love Live! Nijigasaki Gakuen School Idol Doukoukai
Osomatsu-san 3
Mahouka S2
Gochiusa S3

There's also Attack on Titan in December but that's closer to Winter season than Fall and even then it feels like it's running on its own schedule. I'm presuming it's so it can end close to when the manga does.

Resources

Fall2020 Shows
Fall 2020, Who Has What Shows
ResetEra Anime of the Year 2019 Results
ResetEra Anime of the Year 2019 Results Full Spreadsheet Doc
ResetEra Anime of the Year 2019 Voting Thread
ResetEra Anime of the Year 2018 Results
ResetEra Anime of the Year 2018 Results Full Spreadsheet Doc
ResetEra Anime of the Year 2018 Voting Thread
ResetEra Anime of the Year 2017 Results

Discussion Ground Rules
- Please do not discuss piracy.
- Please keep it work-safe.
- Please do not be stupid.
-DONT POST ANITUBER VIDEOS (In Particular the big name ones Gigg, Mother's Basement, Digi etc..(Those three in particular endorsed the scams of Flying Colors and/or Otakucoin), Baka-Bishie's post found here explains the rational of why this rule was put into place and links resources to more details on what occurred during one of these scams. Smaller Youtube channel videos can be posted, but please only post them if you think it if you think it will cause actual discussion or gives non-low hanging fruit knowledge.​

Last edited:

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
you all should post more. I don't post that much, I shouldn't be in the top 5 of the anime threads :P

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
*waiting for Nana* Also will be watching Yashahime and Jujutsu (hope the anime will be better than the manga...) and continuing with Digimon. Oh, and Dai no Bouken.

Edit: Forgot about the nob-less vampires (I can't not read it as that >_>)

Layla

Oct 25, 2017
in the weird position of having already read & enjoyed the LNs that 2 new series are based on. this has never happened before!
the adaption of Wandering Witch (Majo no Tabitabi) might turn out ok. the books are like a whimsical nonpreachy Kino no Tabi and the PVs seem to capture that feeling somewhat.
a lot less less hopeful about the Adachi to Shimamura adaption though. going by the PVs I expect them to skip the internal dialog that makes up a huge part of the books & make it all fluffy moeblob all the time instead. bah.
in short: dammit why can't anime be like it is in my head!

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Thanks, Narag!

Gonna watch Higurashi. Never seen it before, don't really know anything about it except Yandare and horror.

I'll also watch Talentless Nana because Curler keeps going on about it ☺

Frankenstein as a high school teacher got a laugh out of me.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I'm nervous
Have you read these?
Nope, not at all :P
Just watched the trailers, thus why I added the clause of keeping an eye on them to see how they are received. As far as I know the only one that should risk any chance of ecchiness is Taisou Zamurai but the trailer was clean (as far as i currently recall). It's mostly from the team that did Zombieland Saga :P

Mostly pointing out that I think this season looks fairly strong in terms of new series to be on the lookout for. January has a lot of sequels people are looking forward to, but this season may have a number of series people will in the end want more of.

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
Haikyuu but no Danmachi?
Also Tonikaku Kawaii could be good and Love Live too.

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017
Tonikaku Kawaii should be great. Manga is fun, the main couple have really good chemistry and the dialogue is fun. It is pretty drama free, too.

zswordsman

Nov 5, 2017
Rezero Final

I've been pissed at anime before but this is a different kind of pissed.

I'm angry at Roswall for the cunt he is but I'm more angry at the lack of fucking answers and there being a break in between cours.

Definitely one of those "I don't need sleep, I need answers" moments. I really don't want to read the LN though.

Feelings aside, this first half of the season was fantastic and this last episode was just as good, 26 minutes flew by like nothing. Definitely want more witch time and the fact that the mid break left me so pissed just shows how good this anime grabs you.

jman2050

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Tonikaku Kawaii manga is cute and has a fanciful tone, so I'm looking forward to that anime.

Jun Maeda's thing sounds interesting in concept but, well, that's how they all start, don't they...

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna be watching Jujutsu Kaisen because it's a cool Jump manga and the director is fantastic at action scenes. Plus the series reminds me of early Bleach. Noblesse cause why not vampires lol.

Gonna get my fill of action anime this season for sure. Plus October is when the Demon Slayer movie comes out in Japan and it's gonna be glorious to see
Rengoku and Akaza fight animated by Ufotable.
That shit is gonna be fire.

Also forgot to mention I can't wait until next season since we are getting Norimiya animated.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
don't see anything in the OP i'm super into, but i know there's that one yuri anime and i hope the sleeping princess anime is a good chuckle thingy. Otherwise i guess i'm just watching infinite Conan (and Pokemon Sun/Moon now)

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
don't see anything in the OP i'm super into, but i know there's that one yuri anime and i hope the sleeping princess anime is a good chuckle thingy. Otherwise i guess i'm just watching infinite Conan (and Pokemon Sun/Moon now)
What about Love Live, Fruit Tart and D4DJ?

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I'm trying to get into Symphogear, and while I love musicals and really enjoy action scenes set to songs conceptually, the execution just isn't there for me (both in terms of the music and literally everything else) >.< Does it pick up, or should I just stop at the four episodes I've already watched?

Will check out Moriarty and the witch show that sounds like a Kino clone this season. And then probably hate-watch an episode of Higurashi too (the staff has me thinking it'll be a trainwreck (the director of Island lol)).

Last edited:

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
Our dear Printer Paper 8 X 11 is still missing in action so I'm filling in again. He was kind enough to provide the above image which was much better than my attempt.
So the eternal cross of OT making has been passed to yet another set of yet not decayed arms. Thanks for the effort. And to Printer Paper, good to hear he's ok and around still.

Higurashi: When They Cry
PV1 PV2
An inexplicable new adaptation of the old VN, if you know what it's about, maybe check things out. If you don't, just go in blind for max fun.
I dunno how long I will last but in for Watanabe we trust we suffer.
Jujutsu Kaisen
PV
Haven't a clue what it's about but the PV makes me think shounenshit via MAPPA so I'm in for that.
Eeeeeeeeh. The first chapters are unimpressive in extreme. Will give it a few eps in case they Kimetsu it.
Well this sounds kinda intere--
H28mTFm.png

Lb8yNJP.png
I will watch a Maeda show one day.

Just not on this one or any of the next hundred.
Haikyuu!! TO THE TOP 2
PV
It really is the season of sequels, isn't it? Looking forward to hopping into this franchise sooner or later since there seems to be less ahead for it than there is behind it at this point.
Not having watched Haikyuu in year 2020.
qui4H1f.png

Strike Witches: Dai-501 Tougou Sentou Koukuudan ROAD to BERLIN

Always down for historical or military anime and this appears to be both!
How many seasons does this garbage have ?
Bzzzzt. Too many.
----------
Haikyuu already makes this season better than the previous one, maybe something else will fall into lap. Whatever happened to that Uehashi movie ?I swear it was supposed to be out right about now. --->Edit: Moved to 2021.

Last edited:

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
I tried watching Haikyu but what annoyed me was that not everything was subbed. For instance they showed the score which then was subbed for 5 seconds and people would talk during that time but you had no idea what they were saying, since the sub was still for the score. It drove me crazy.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
I'm trying to get into Symphogear, and while I love musicals and really enjoy action scenes set to songs conceptually, the execution just isn't there for me (both in terms of the music and literally everything else) >.< Does it pick up, or should I just stop at the four episodes I've already watched?

I watched the whole first season chasing the feeling it should be better than it is and never got there. It's one of those rare shows that sounds way cooler than it actually is even though what's happening is conceptually kind of cool and there's nothing overtly wrong about the show.

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
Oh-ho, you think THIS is a sequel season? Buddy, wait till you see Winter 2021.

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I now remember why I dropped RE Zero. It is Subaru's character.

Like I get why he is the way he is but I really dislike his character at this point. Maybe he gets better (I remember seeing people saying that). Will continue watching though.

Moving on.

Not sure what to watch this season. Yashahime: Princess Half-Demon sounds interesting but it has been a long while since I watched the first series that I barely remember anything. I want to rewatch it but the amount of episodes are way too much. I think I will watch it and hope for the best.

I heard Jujitsu is great so I will pick that up. Everything else I will wait and see what people think about them.

KillerMan91

Oct 25, 2017
Hyped for Golden Kamuy S3. Should really catch up with Haikyuu!! too. With rest it's wait and see.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I watched the whole first season chasing the feeling it should be better than it is and never got there. It's one of those rare shows that sounds way cooler than it actually is even though what's happening is conceptually kind of cool and there's nothing overtly wrong about the show.
That's a bummer :( Will give it one or two more episodes I guess, but it's leaning towards a drop.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
It picks up with the second season imo. The first season is more or less a rough draft with the subsequent seasons perfecting the execution.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
In for quite a few this time. Never saw Higurashi, so that should be a blast. Also in for Nana and Jujutsu. My single hope as far as sequels go: Danmachi S3 is better than S2.

I should also get around to catching up on Titan too.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Re: Zero S2 episode last one whatever
Subaru's harem inexplicably grows.
tenor.gif

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Well....this season is not looking too enticing, I think I'll give Moriarty a look,might finally actually watch Golden Kamui.

OP
OP
Narag

Narag

Oct 25, 2017

first season is bad for the most part but each successive season builds upon the previous and finds better footing until the concept's potential is finally fully realized in the last. I think it's worthwhile in the end but asking someone to stomach the early eps is hard

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Seriously what do all these women/girls/Otto see in him?? Suddenly all seven witches are into him?
It's the tracksuit.

It's probably because he's quite a unique individual in their world. He's not only a traveler from an alternate world, but his unique ability to die and come back over and over again probably has most of the witches intrigued. The remainder are there cause Subaru "rescued" them in one way or another.

Status
Not open for further replies.