• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm so happy about this. My favorite parts haven't even happened yet. People need to get ready for a completely wild ride.

In bad anime news, anyone actually still watching this show?

I know that even Deen outsorced that season, but they had one fucking job and that was to make this fight look great. Uff.

Oct 25, 2017
Tampa
Mobile Suit Gundam Build Divers Episode 13:

Well, this series has managed to stay more interesting then Dot Hack so kudos to it for that at least.

/XX/

Oct 25, 2017
Spain
Lolicon Yuri Seijin Naoko-san OVAs 2010 & 2012: Where has this been all my life?
It has been ignored or obscured by time given its mediocre reception. People failed Mr. Takeuchi while the Anime Bunko (アニメ文庫) label as a whole died miserably. Not even his exceptional 'solo' work mustered enough enthusiasm to reach a frt (or "Fractale") in sales, and companion pieces like Minori Scramble! had an even worse fate, so ufotable's Mr. Kondō & Co. alongside Aniplex Inc., pulled the plug early on one of the most interesting pseudo-'omnibus' projects of OVAs showcasing talent freedom to date. A total disgrace, really!

We'll always have that ED though... because it perfectly symbolises an ethereal, dreamy and well-meaning concept dumped in a dilapidated Gunkanjima-like island of eroding ignorance and disrespect.

Last edited:

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Here is a preview for the finale of current arc of My Hero Academia. Bones has a LOT to live up to for this portion and the preview has me incredibly hyped.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Here is a preview for the finale of current arc of My Hero Academia. Bones has a LOT to live up to for this portion and the preview has me incredibly hyped.

I have to say Bones has been very hit or miss with the anime lately.
Granted the Overhall arc is easily one of the weakest arcs of the manga, but its still not encouraging.

RRW

Oct 26, 2017
Gundam Build Divers 13

1577360334463.gif

Casker

Oct 25, 2017
Mobile Suit Gundam Build Divers Episode 13:

Well, this series has managed to stay more interesting then Dot Hack so kudos to it for that at least.
I've been skimming through the episodes cause its been kinda boring but the last 2 episodes have made the 2nd season alot more intriguing. Could turn out to be overall interesting rather than the turd that it was.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Gundam BDRR-13

I was afraid they were going to walk the developments in the last episode back a bit but nope they doubled down on it. This has been great.

Also Mini May is good content.

awilliams213

Oct 27, 2017
CT
I stopped watching Little Witch Academia around episode 19 a couple years ago. This morning I had sometime and finished the series up, my goodness episode 25 was fantastic. KLK and Gurren Lagann has some of my favorite end sequence power-ups and LWA didn't disappoint. Sorry to Trigger it took me so long to get to it.

Lord Arcadio

Oct 27, 2017

Title translates to "I Shaved. Then I Brought a High School Girl Home."

Clearly nothing can go wrong with a title like that. Let's check the synopsis...

Office worker Yoshida has been crushing on his coworker, Airi Gotou, for five years. Despite finally scoring a date with her, his confession is promptly rejected. Drunk and disappointed, he stumbles home, only to find a high school girl sitting on the side of the road. The girl, needing a place to stay the night, attempts to seduce Yoshida. Despite rejecting her advances, he nevertheless invites her into his apartment.

The next morning, the girl, introducing herself as Sayu Ogiwara, reveals that she has run away from Hokkaido all the way to Tokyo. During her six-month spree, she continually traded sexual favors for a roof over her head. Yoshida, however, remains unswayed by her seduction. Instead, he has her do a different kind of work—one that entails washing dishes and doing laundry. And so, a touching relationship between a heartbroken adult and a runaway high school girl begins.

...yep.

I'm seeing people claim that the story is actually wholesome and the title doesn't reflect the actual content lol. Can't wait until this is the controversial anime of the season.

InceptionLoop

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017

Title translates to "I Shaved. Then I Brought a High School Girl Home."

Clearly nothing can go wrong with a title like that. Let's check the synopsis...

...yep.

I'm seeing people claim that the story is actually wholesome and the title doesn't reflect the actual content lol. Can't wait until this is the controversial anime of the season.

Wholesome but then pulls an Usagi Drop.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
It's really bad anyway, you shouldn't watch it.
just to make sure I'm thinking of the right show it was https://myanimelist.net/anime/37972/Hoshiai_no_Sora?q=Hoshiai right?

like I get this place and MAL rarely line up but it's still the 6th best rated show for the season on MAL.
granted it's behind food wars season 4 which well if it's the part I'm thinking of from the manga is absolutely horrendous so yeah ratings are pretty meaningless but still :P

KCS

Oct 27, 2017
What a complete disaster. essentially wasting the entire teams time, and fucking them over at the last minute.

moogs

Oct 25, 2017
It has been ignored or obscured by time given its mediocre reception. People failed Mr. Takeuchi while the Anime Bunko (アニメ文庫) label as a whole died miserably. Not even his exceptional 'solo' work mustered enough enthusiasm to reach a frt (or "Fractale") in sales, and companion pieces like Minori Scramble! had an even worse fate, so ufotable's Mr. Kondō & Co. alongside Aniplex Inc., pulled the plug early on one of the most interesting pseudo-'omnibus' projects of OVAs showcasing talent freedom to date. A total disgrace, really!

We'll always have that ED though... because it perfectly symbolises an ethereal, dreamy and well-meaning concept dumped in a dilapidated Gunkanjima-like island of eroding ignorance and disrespect.
That's sad 'cause it's so well-animated, from start to finish. That much attention to the jaw and mouth movements was impressive. The crowds too. I wasn't too surprised to see most of the big credits were to one person though, but I was surprised to learn that Takeuchi hadn't done anything else with that much reign, as far as I can tell. That SAO II OP had memorable animation... Maybe that Hero show? I do remember the bouts of animation spasms in Kannagi.

Maybe it was the content because... yeah, it wasn't too shy about its perverted inclination that didn't quite match the title. It's a comedy, but still, I want to think that element would make it hard for anyone to promote. Thanks for the informative response, it's a neat little piece and I would have liked to see more from that animator.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone just spill what happens on this weeks Stars Align so I can decide if I want to watch

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm watching the second season of Saiki, and (since almost the end of the first season thanks to the rich guy) it is giving me some Seto no Hanayome vibes.

But this is too much guys.

The-Last-Amazoness-my-bride-is-a-mermaid-seto-no-hanayome-38348579-1584-1881.jpg

173aa03af513bbee5d3f3274492990465c737213c8ce930248b968791a4a6f37.jpg

Wikipedia say Saiki director also worked in Cromartie High School, I have hear good things about it but never watched. Now I'm very curious.

Valdfellgar

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
Can someone just spill what happens on this weeks Stars Align so I can decide if I want to watch

The boys push the brothers to the brink, really show they have what it takes, but aren't able to quite eek out a win. Still, they're happy they made top players recognize their worth and play seriously. Just as everything is on the up and up Touma's mom tells him over the phone that she's always loathed him. Maki returns home to find a glass broken, his mother's friend troubled, and evidence that his mother is still paying out to his horrible father. Maki then buys a knife at the convenience store. Mitsue gets more hate for her art-style/focus change, but ignores it and keeps drawing. Snapping back to Maki he's outside his dad's apartment, pulls out the knife he bought, and announces to himself that he's going to bring an end to things. The show ends right there.

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
phew Dodged a bullet there.

How is that Amazon crime thing show ? Anybody still watching ?

Babylon? It was excellent. Waiting to see the next episode. I think some people may not like how obtuse and maybe pretentious it is, after having sat down with it for a while I think it earns it. My stealth second place for AOTS.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
The boys push the brothers to the brink, really show they have what it takes, but aren't able to quite eek out a win. Still, they're happy they made top players recognize their worth and play seriously. Just as everything is on the up and up Touma's mom tells him over the phone that she's always loathed him. Maki returns home to find a glass broken, his mother's friend troubled, and evidence that his mother is still paying out to his horrible father. Maki then buys a knife at the convenience store. Mitsue gets more hate for her art-style/focus change, but ignores it and keeps drawing. Snapping back to Maki he's outside his dad's apartment, pulls out the knife he bought, and announces to himself that he's going to bring an end to things. The show ends right there.
....THATS THE FINAL EPISODE THEY DECIDED TO GO WITH?
I stand by my point from a few weeks ago, fuck this show.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017

and this isn't getting a second season?

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
Y38AjiM.gif

Wut. How the fuck do you end show there.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Amazing 🤣

Valdfellgar

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
The director is asking fans to support the show so that it will get one.

I really hope it does, personally. For as bad an ending as that is, I think it makes a very compelling cliffhanger/mid-series shift for a show that, I think, has been about creating a slice of life story that is less fluff and rainbows and something more honest about dealing with life's difficulties or even abuses. But if this is the ending it sorta becomes impossible to recommend. I can't imagine people wanting to watch a show with themes like these that doesn't have a true ending.

Stall_19

Oct 27, 2017
Putting this on my backlog instead of watching it week to week has paid off. Not wasting my time with that.

citrusred

Oct 28, 2017
Chihayafuru is such a gift. Haruda forfeiting the second match is such a stunner of a move. I hope Inokuma wins her challenger match too.

Sep 7, 2018
Watching Food Wars episode 24 and I'm not sure how this curry guy got to go twice in this competition and Soma still hasn't even presented his dish yet. I'm talking about the student that worked with Curry professor.

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Stars Align END

Well fuck. Knowing this may not get a second season just felt like a gut punch with that ending. The pain in the entire production team could be felt in those scenes. What a tragedy to see shows like this not get their fair chance and have trash Isekai getting made faster and faster. I weep for the industry when original stuff gets this treatment.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
hahahahahahaha

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Chihaya 12

Lets goooooo Harada!!!!! I wonder what the written wants to teach us here. Clearly it will take Chihaya another year to get to be Queen. God I know I should not get my hopes up but boy do I hope Harada wins!

Status
Not open for further replies.