• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
We never learn S2 9
So we also get our share of shit parenting here.
Furuhashi has always been best girl even if her chances of winning are virtually zero.
B-but, she's like the mainest girl in there and the obvious frontrunner. Unless you're talking about manga and something actually happened in there in last year or so.

Ghost in the Shell: Innocence

I had a vague recollection of enjoying this, certainly more than the first iteration but this time ... ouch. I feel like you can with barely an exaggeration say that half of the dialogue lines characters say are actually them quoting other people. Particularly in the ending stretches. This makes the, already stilted and dry dialogue, unbearable at times and, though i really try to not use this word, pretentious. I don't really think the criminal mystery here is much to talk about. The investigation is a dull progression from one locale to another, with a sprinkle of Major's infodumping the viewer at the end. And a thematic message shoved into your face by a screaming kid. The mansion scene, a highpoint I still remember to this day is still a fun fever dream sequence, though obviously it's impact is lessened by it being a rewatch and more exposure to similar scene but in general, I guess I've to come to terms that I don't actually like Oshii stuff very much.

PsionBolt

Oct 27, 2017
Star Twinkle Precure 42

baKdhn5l.png

She's not okay.

Middling episode. They're not quite pulling off what they're going for re: smiles; Tenjou's stuff about them being a facade is good, but Elena and company never manage to articulate their counterpoints properly. It always come back to EGAO WO... MAMORU! spam, and that's just not emotionally weighty at all. It's the same problem as when the girls yell about protecting Puff; you haven't put the time in to show why the girls feel so strongly about this, so it comes off as unearned and generally "bleh". Still, at least there's next episode to take another shot at this thing, and with Tenjou's homeworld (where as we suspected, people have real tengu noses) involved, the opportunity is there for them to tie back into Elena's childhood trauma like they need to to make this work.

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Principality of Catalonia
B-but, she's like the mainest girl in there and the obvious frontrunner. Unless you're talking about manga and something actually happened in there in last year or so.
I'm not seeing it. Of all the candidates, she is in the group of those who get flustered by the situations a romcom puts them in but not in the group of those whose heart beats faster just by thinking of the MC.
Things could change in the future, I have no manga knowledge about the series.

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
Star Twinkle Precure 42

Elena has a bunch of themes going on with her, but not all of them have been built up well. The stuff about her smile not being genuine isn't landing because there hasn't been any hint that she's some sort of stepford smiler. What is interesting is that she's afraid to leave her family to carve out her own path, but that she also wants to make sure her experiences as a Precure don't ultimately go to waste. That's a clever way of tying together a bunch of episodes that otherwise did little to flow together to build her character. Oh, and another fakeout for her power-up. They're really backloading her episodes. I suppose she deserves it after the rubbish treatment she got in the first half.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Vinland Saga 20
Things seem to be headed towards Thorfinn being the one to take the King's head, tho there may be some complications there with Lief showing up at the end in York. The confrontation with Canute and the king was a great scene, especially with how Askeladd reacted to discussion about his mother.

I might need to start on the manga once the anime ends just because I've become a fan of the story itself.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Pokemon 2019 3

the face Go makes when Ash does something cool
O2qOUjj.png

This is all pretty cute. I like the kind of funny detail that Ash is apparently incredibly physically fit and Go can't keep up with him. It's a simple thing that you normally wouldn't ever think of but makes perfect sense. Also I guess Team Rocket this season is just going to have a rotating stock of Pokemon that get dropped from the sky? I'm assuming it's going to continue like this but it's a bit of shame cause their partner Pokemon were always fun. Next episode goes to Galar so now I'm wondering if we are already going to get cameos from the game or not.

Nisaba

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Are any of you keeping up with FGO Babylonia?

It's honestly my anime of the year, so satisfying to watch every week.

Oct 25, 2017
Tampa
Vinland Saga Episode 20:

It feels like we are finally within the distance of the actual title of this anime with the reintroduction of Leif at the end there.

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Clannad S2 1-6

So everyone wants a piece of Okazaki. Not a fan of this harem angle, it is just Soo cliched. I found it hilarious that he's actually pretty ripped too. It is not a compelling arc when we clearly know who he likes.

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Just a reminder folks, right stuff anime is having a cyber week sale. I just picked up both limited editions of Chihaya for $50.....I burst out laughing at that $350 MSRP.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Just a reminder folks, right stuff anime is having a cyber week sale. I just picked up both limited editions of Chihaya for $50.....I burst out laughing at that $350 MSRP.
and just an extra reminder that Sentai has their own store and almost always prices things cheaper

though this is one of the rare times that it's cheaper on right stuff (well season 1 is, season 2 is slightly cheaper on the sentai store)

in general it's common for the rightstuf prices to be 20-30% more though :P

and the even better part. the sentai store ships using rightstuf :P

Chihayafuru is definitely worth watching. It's a sports anime that is very unique. The fact that they get so many episodes just helps flesh out the characters so much. Crunchyroll has it all for streaming.

I also got Ping Pong, Terror in Resonance.

I had to hold my hand against buying all three seasons of Junjo Romantica :D.
now now if you want to get DTL to watch something you do it like
Chihayafuru.full.1019886.jpg

:P

it doesn't really matter if it's canon or not it will be for DTL soon enough ^^;

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
and just an extra reminder that Sentai has their own store and almost always prices things cheaper

though this is one of the rare times that it's cheaper on right stuff (well season 1 is, season 2 is slightly cheaper on the sentai store)

in general it's common for the rightstuf prices to be 20-30% more though :P

and the even better part. the sentai store ships using rightstuf :P

now now if you want to get DTL to watch something you do it like
Chihayafuru.full.1019886.jpg

:P

it doesn't really matter if it's canon or not it will be for DTL soon enough ^^;

:D my heart could not deal with that ship. But alas Chihaya×Karuta will always leave the door open.

flipswitch

Oct 25, 2017
What's the general opinion on The Disastrous Life of Saiki K.?

Watched about 15 episodes. Quite like it.

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm watching Dr. Stone. It's nicer I was expecting. I love this thing about science because it remind me to Army of the Darkness, when Ash won the battle because he had a science book on his car lol

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
I still listen to that song every now and then.
This became the first song I bought on iTunes since 2018, it was so good. When I eventually make my trip to Japan, doing a pilgrimage to all the locations in Asakusa shown in the credits at 2:00 AM is the top item on my list

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
Tsukigakirei 1- 12

That ending may have been cheesy as fuck but it still had me screaming 'Look out the fucking window!' at my TV, overall was some good wholesome anime.

Edit oh and
Fuck Akanes friend, like holy shit can you not take a fucking hint

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
I find it funny everyone is constantly surprised at the fanservice in Fire Force. Its by the Soul Eater guy remember.
Not that I am defending it mind. I think Soul Eater and Fire Force are both pretty crappy.

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
^Tamaki was actually relevant and won a duel for once though not in a very dignified way. Progress !

but not in the group of those whose heart beats faster just by thinking of the MC.
The winner always falls the last !(Or is shown to have fallen but actually was secretly in love all along) It's elemen...

ogata's always seemed like the obvious frontrunner to me
... tary ?

Well then ...

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
Watched A Silent Voice on a fucking whim last night and now I'm having a sort of existential crisis at work.

Happy Monday everybody.

Heh

Dec 12, 2017
What's the general opinion on The Disastrous Life of Saiki K.?

Watched about 15 episodes. Quite like it.

I loved it. Super silly anime.

Watched A Silent Voice on a fucking whim last night and now I'm having a sort of existential crisis at work.

Happy Monday everybody.

Great movie. A happy Monday to you too.

Time to rewatch Grave of the Fireflies to liven you up.

You're a meanie.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
Time to rewatch Grave of the Fireflies to liven you up.
giphy.gif

Real talk though, I loved it. I went in expecting fair-to-midland and got absolutely blown away. It's jumped into my top 5 animated movies in a fucking heartbeat. I don't even know why the film spoke to me so profoundly...but it did and I'm still a bit of a wreck as a result.

Now I'm contemplating a Kyoani binge, I've seen most of the REALLY famous stuff, (Haruhi, K-On, Nichijou, Lucky Star, Chunibyo) but I've missed out on quite a lot apparently. Any recommendations Animera?

Master Milk

Oct 25, 2017
The winner always falls the last !(Or is shown to have fallen but actually was secretly in love all along) It's elemen...

... tary ?

Well then ...

i don't expect ogata to win, just because the ones i like never do

now i'm curious what a list of romcom winners would look like, would there actually be a trend or not

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
Aikatsu on Parade 9: Did I Just Hand the Keys to (Idol) World Domination Over to a Pirate? Lucky!

Why do they always get in a bad situation when landing in the Stars universe? Of course Ichigo would just jump in them because. Raki and security. Name a better duo. At least Saya finally revealed herself, even if she didn't say much. Ichigo is a trained American military veteran, so she could've handled herself, but probably not the other 3 as well, so she has to play dumb. Oh no, Elza is already moving in and snatching whoever she wants. Grabbing Mikuru to lure in Mizuki all while remaining above everyone. She hasn't lost her touch. Mizuki should've had more gravitas though. It's Mizuki. She deserves all the respect. At least WM properly beat Ichigo + Raki. Ichigo is good, but even she can't carry a complete newbie against that unit. Meanwhile the Idol Instrumentality Project is officially a go. Like, it's already happened. Not sure who is scarier between Elza and Saya. Stars continues to reign supreme, and the stakes(?) are even higher now. Now keep up this momentum please.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
i don't expect ogata to win, just because the ones i like never do

now i'm curious what a list of romcom winners would look like, would there actually be a trend or not
First girl wins almost every time unless the first one introduced is the next door neighbor/childhood friend.

Swimmer is doomed, more or less.

Status
Not open for further replies.