• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheShampion

Oct 27, 2017
Should I stick with Black Clover? On episode 10 or so and it's fine but nothing amazing. It's very generic so far
It does get better, but the amount of episodes you have to watch to get to that point, you are risking falling into the sunk cost fallacy.

I just picked a random episode from the series. I watched it and had fun, but the show wasn't for me, so I dropped it.

Mileage may vary, but if you have anything else in your backlog, I would prioritize that, IMO.

Oct 25, 2017
Should I stick with Black Clover? On episode 10 or so and it's fine but nothing amazing. It's very generic so far
BLack Clover reaching over 100 epsband 3 years worth of anime content is a testament to its originality and creativity that puts it in the upper echelon of contemporary anime as well as anime that spanned the previous decade and then some. I enjoy it very much and have had many an awesome and emotional time with it. BLack Clover is an uphill joyride that you should stick with. You would do yourself a disservice by passing up on it.

Last edited:

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
BLack Clover reaching over 100 years and 3 years worth of anime content is a testament to its originality and creativity that puts it in the upper echelon of contemporary anime as well as anime that spanned the previous decade and then some. I enjoy it very much and have had many an awesome and emotional time with it. BLack Clover is an uphill joyride that you should stick with. You would do yourself a disservice by passing up on it.
58e80e3a2fceb720a486fcebbaa97820.jpg

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If you're really interested in seeing how it goes, I recommend just reading the manga. The anime take a mediocre series and somehow makes it worse though bad animation, with the occasional well animated fight.

NaDannMaGoGo

Oct 25, 2017
Chihayafuru S3 - 01-03

Surprise! It's great!

Strong pacing right out of the gate, too. If we were in the middle of S2's pacing crash these matches might've taken place over 3 episodes...

The OP has already grown on me a lot, too. That's always a boon. Probably won't reach S1's for me but has likely surpassed S2's already.

gdt

Oct 26, 2017
Any recommendations? I have Netfliz, VRV, Hulu, and HBO.

I like dope shonen stuff, drama, etc. Anything great really.

Probably nothing romance or slice of life though

I've seen or tried a lot of the majors, I think.

One Piece
DB Z S
Naruto
My Hero
Demon Slayer

Etc etc

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017

One Piece
DB Z S
Naruto
My Hero
Demon Slayer

Etc etc
Gintama if you want a really funny shonen comedy that references a lot of other shonen but also has very strong drama moments. It starts off slow to introduce you to a lot of the characters but its worth sticking to.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018

It's an ongoing series so the quality is VERY hit and miss, and although The recent episodes have been pretty solid I would also recommend reading the manga as the anime is close to completely catching up with the manga and as a result will most likely have to resort to filler.

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
It's a low effort adaptation of already mediocre to bad manga that ruins one of the few things the source material has going for it, brisk pace. Like Naruto, there are a few select very well animated episodes (like 2 or ~3) but I dare say that's hardly enough of a reason to keep going.

One Piece
DB Z S
Naruto
My Hero
Demon Slayer

Etc etc
This VRV thing includes Crunchyroll ? Fate/Zero, Haikyuu & Mononoke should be edible and fairly accessible. The latter is a bit off kilter though. Maybe Kyousougiga too.

If Netflix than maybe B: the Beginning ? For full disclosure this wasn't very well received around this parts but it's well produced&somewhat darker supernatural action romp that I think have a chance to go well with casual crowd.

Also FMA if you didn't check it out yet.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018

One Piece
DB Z S
Naruto
My Hero
Demon Slayer

Etc etc

Mob Psycho 100 on Crunchyroll (totally unbiased opinion)

One Punch Man
FMA: Brotherhood
both of which are Netflix

All of the Studio Ghibli films when they make their way to HBO (except for tales of the Earthsea as that sucks)

Last edited:

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
Are the last, last two episodes/ovas of School Rumble watchable for an anime only or are they some kind of skip to manga ending hijinks ?

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
You know what? Even as Oresuki falls into the thing it was parodying at almost a record clip with the two previously uninterested girls falling for him after the mc's redemption arc it will still get me every single time with the magical bench gag. Show is worth it for that one thing and it will never get old.

Firima

Oct 27, 2017
So I had a pretty intense health scare a couple of weeks ago (turned out to be nothing) and I passed the time in between medical tests by watching Love Live. I liked it a good bit though I still think that the iM@S TV series was more enjoyable overall minus a few poor episodes.

I just started Love Live Sunshine and I want to drop this thing like a hot rock christ it's bad please advise

Deleted member 35077

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
So I had a pretty intense health scare a couple of weeks ago (turned out to be nothing) and I passed the time in between medical tests by watching Love Live. I liked it a good bit though I still think that the iM@S TV series was more enjoyable overall minus a few poor episodes.

I just started Love Live Sunshine and I want to drop this thing like a hot rock christ it's bad please advise
Sunshine is just mediocre overall, and never reaches the highs of the original; great CGi though. The only saving grace is You, but she essentially becomes a background character* in the second season.

Not really, but fuck even her center episode she needed to share it with someone else.

But You-chan!
tenor.gif

tumblr_oafxo3K0GA1u8mge2o1_500.gifv

LErxecZ.gif

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Damn I just realized Chihayafuru 3 will probably end on a big cliffhanger at the pace they're going... I really hope they do a season 4 even though the manga will be finished by then.

1 more season would be enough to complete the series. Gonna snatch up them blu-rays asap to do my part.

Firima

Oct 27, 2017
Sunshine is just mediocre overall, and never reaches the highs of the original

This seems to be the common consensus, but I'm not even ten minutes into this anime-ass anime episode and it's like they started a new character and put all starting points into anime. It's so anime that I'm honestly surprised this isn't actually just I Got Transported to a Magic Battle High School in Another World.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Damn I just realized Chihayafuru 3 will probably end on a big cliffhanger at the pace they're going... I really hope they do a season 4 even though the manga will be finished by then.

1 more season would be enough to complete the series. Gonna snatch up them blu-rays asap to do my part.
You referring to
Taichi walking out on the club and Chihaya?

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
You referring to
Taichi walking out on the club and Chihaya?
ye like a little bitch

just cause he got rejected but whatever, it leads to his character development but I always roll my eyes at Taichi shippers with his behavior. My thinking is that its a strong possibility of the season ending there because of the images in the ED.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017

I doubt it can get done in 4 seasons with the previous pacing.

Grim

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK.
Oresuki 5 - I'm sure this new reporter girl has planned all of this out, lmao. The changing "villains", in this show are pretty entertaining.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
There are too many things they'd have to cut/breeze through short of a 5th season.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
I can't think of a single josei that has reached even half that many episodes though and this season took 6 years to arrive. It would be a new record. I know the series is popular in Japan but still.

I'd rather get a movie that skipped content than get nothing at all.

Madhouse has done some pretty long adaptations like HxH and Ace of Diamond though so idk.

Last edited:

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Bookworm Isekai 5
Damn, I thought we were going to see Main go feral on her mum. Alas not meant to be. As regards to Lutz and Main I get the feeling we're not supposed to scrutinise too hard about it, lest we implode over the implications. Or, if this is a thorough adaptation of the middle ages, then Lutz will die of bubonic plague below he reaches 7.

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
I truly admire and respect DTL's commitment to capitalizing the L in BLack Clover. It is impressive.

TheShampion

Oct 27, 2017

One Piece
DB Z S
Naruto
My Hero
Demon Slayer

Etc etc
If you haven't seen Hunter x Hunter, you should start Hunter x Hunter.

MikeHattsu

Oct 25, 2017
Are the last, last two episodes/ovas of School Rumble watchable for an anime only or are they some kind of skip to manga ending hijinks ?

There isn't really a major skip between season 2 and those two episodes, IIRC.

I'm certainly curious what you think about them...

Hm? There's lots of stuff skipped. As far as I remember it even starts in the middle of a thing just to get to the ending.

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
Fruits Basket - After 13 episodes I was wondering if the story is going somewhere or if it's just building a harem of pretty androgynous boys.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Oresuki 5 - I'm sure this new reporter girl has planned all of this out, lmao. The changing "villains", in this show are pretty entertaining.
If you think there are any good people with pure intentions in this show, you haven't been paying attention XD

Cautious Hero-4

This show is completely insane in the best way possible.
My GF just HAD to walk in at the exact time that the "my bare breasts are flailing around!!" scene happened XD

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
You know what? Even as Oresuki falls into the thing it was parodying at almost a record clip with the two previously uninterested girls falling for him after the mc's redemption arc it will still get me every single time with the magical bench gag. Show is worth it for that one thing and it will never get old.
It's decent gag and well executed at that.

There isn't really a major skip between season 2 and those two episodes, IIRC.

I'm certainly curious what you think about them...
I'm not very hot on the show overall and given what I hear of this ending I don't think this will change my mind.
Hm? There's lots of stuff skipped. As far as I remember it even starts in the middle of a thing just to get to the ending.
Hmmmm, decisions, decisions ....

Status
Not open for further replies.