• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nintendoman58

Oct 25, 2017
Well, had I known this involved a mix of magical girls and mechs I likely wouldn't have checked it out, to begin with.

Z7HeRxU.png

Sometimes I wonder why you even watch anime.

Oct 25, 2017
Assassins Pride Episode 2

Step down from the first episode but I guess it's because I was expecting this to be some cute male mentor/instructor and tons of female mages type anime. Oh well.

Action was somewhat compelling. Didnt understand why the bully girl wasn't disqualified, but it seems she will become a best friend or something.

I wish Melida Angle stayed manaless, would have been compelling to see how the anime would do that.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Assassins Pride Episode 2

Step down from the first episode but I guess it's because I was expecting this to be some cute male mentor/instructor and tons of female mages type anime. Oh well.

Action was somewhat compelling. Didnt understand why the bully girl wasn't disqualified, but it seems she will become a best friend or something.

I wish Melida Angle stayed manaless, would have been compelling to see how the anime would do that.
I would advise you to read the manga. I did after the first episode and have been reading the story till the end of the second episode and there are SO many interactions cut out and dialogue and thoughts cut out in the anime. Like, the characters have so much moe depth to them

Oct 25, 2017
Granblue Fantasy Season 2 Episode 3

No wonder we got three rings for this episode. Nothing happened.

Oh well, we already got my dragon husbando last week (Vortex Dragon), so I can only hope we get my skeleton husbando this season. Bring on Lich. please!

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Interesting note but the MHA episode shown at Anime Expo earlier this year went further then this MHA ep. I guess that's due to the OP/ED cutting into the broadcast time.

Oct 25, 2017
Food Wars! The Fourth Plate Episode 2
EHQNUovWwAAicW5

The animators really wanna pair some folks up, so many good moments.

The emcee girl reaction was the best. Hated the results as it was kind of senseless after all of this praise the entire episode.

Pitou

Oct 25, 2017
huh, wasn't expecting Given to be in my top 5 of the year but that was a really great show.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Dr. Stone 16

Glad to finally see some background story of the world. The six astronauts strongly resemble the villagers in Ishigami village and 3000+ years is quite the time skip factoring in generations of inbreeding. Honestly haven't read the manga yet but I'm guessing

Reentering the Earth's atmosphere caused time dilation, making the them not as distant of ancestors as we think
Time dilation only occurs at a noticable level at speeds approaching light speed, which reentry isn't even going to come close to. Even if it did, the distance is so short at those speeds that it'd most likely be something along the lines of 1 second for the astronaut and 2 on earth

I mean just stop and think: We have already have astronauts reentering the earth from the ISS and it's not like they've really experienced anything noteworthy in this regard

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Attack on Titan Season 1 (Rewatch) 7-13

Oh man I remember Eren being a Titan was kinda controversial back then. Seems kinda silly when I think of how damn near everybody's a Titan by the end of Season 2 lol. Personally I was never too bothered by it.

What does bother me though is the pacing, and woo boy, even binge can't save how I just watched the trio talk in smoke for almost 15 minutes. Is now really the time for us to listen to Armin angst yet again over how useless he is? Also how it was resolved makes me think, "uh why didn't yall try this from the start?" With the question being obvious bait. Ehh.

Also the stills start to become noticeable here. I remember one of these episodes had like 2 minutes of just stills and I'm like "yikes, so this is where the budget ran out"

Oct 25, 2017
Welcome to Demon School Iruma Episode 3

The cafeteria half was awesome. Laughs all the way through. Clara is a bit annoying, but at least is different compared to the personalities of Iruma and Azz.

Oct 25, 2017
My Hero Academia S4 - 2

My boy is back and I smiled when he made that face, and yet he failed at it. XD

New ED is fire and it's gonna to be harsher later on.

Oct 25, 2017
Beastars 02

EHQ0rhHUUAELEa0

I forgot the thing at the end was supposed to be a shock since its been part of the manga for so long

Anyway this shows incredible

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu PV is out.

Animation is better than expected. The studio seems to be a new one or at least one I never heard of and google research comes up empty.

Source material is pretty good in my opinion (at least the world building is), though the MC is going to be pretty divisive, especially on here.

Nope not getting tokyoghoul'd and boogiepopped again.

Kaguya S2 announced.

suio0X9.jpg

Grandblue Fantasy S2 02

I feel like this is the first time this has a decent story beat going for it.

And is Rosetta the Tuxedo Mask of the series ? Rose theme, shows up, doesn't do anything, goes away again. At least this time she had the decency to show early in the season.

Tunichtgut

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Umm, what happened to Nanatsu no Taizai? Just watched the first Ep of Season 3: no blood, the animation looked awkward/cheap, the pacing was weird... did they change the studio/reduced the budget for Season 3?

Oct 25, 2017
Beastars 2

The way they choreographed those characters just blew my mind away, even I can't believe at myself how much I used to hate CGI on animation since Berserk 2016 and I was like, "WTF I like CGI now"? Also, oh boy, was I not prepared for that last part.

If Berserk was animated with Orange, it would have won the fans back for sure.

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
Ore wo Suki nano wa Omae dake ka yo 03

This show had a modicum of potential to it.

Like, not much but a visible 1 square meter of wildly growing flowers in the midst of yellowed out grass of bad harem comedy.

In this episode, all that ... or rather, what little of that square/ promise was there was ... nuked. To oblivion. Twice or thrice. It's actually pretty damn impressive how much they fucked it all up in the span of only 20 minutes.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Umm, what happened to Nanatsu no Taizai? Just watched the first Ep of Season 3: no blood, the animation looked awkward/cheap, the pacing was weird... did they change the studio/reduced the budget for Season 3?

Studio Deen is doing this season

edit: nvm not even Deen
Nanatsu no Taizai S3's Studio Deen will have a big part of the production externalize to MarvyJack, known for producing the Junji Ito Collection for Deen also

Last edited:

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Bestars Episode 2:

Wow, I am impressed, this series managed to get worse over the course of the second episode as the social contract here makes even less sense now that I know that the carnivores are eating mostly meatless meals and yes this is a huge problem becasue it means I just can't buy into the central conflict like at all. I may give this thing one more episode before I drop it like a sack of tofu.
All I can say is don't worry about any of that dude. You will see very quickly that the society they live in is not at all an idealic wonderland. In fact quite the oposite.

Beastars 2

The way they choreographed those characters just blew my mind away, even I can't believe at myself how much I used to hate CGI on animation since Berserk 2016 and I was like, "WTF I like CGI now"? Also, oh boy, was I not prepared for that last part.

If Berserk was animated with Orange, it would have won the fans back for sure.
I probably said before but I think the CGI works so well in Beastars because they are non human characters. Less uncanny valley. That and the skill of the animators is clearly very high.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Ore wo Suki nano wa Omae dake ka yo 03

This show had a modicum of potential to it.

Like, not much but a visible 1 square meter of wildly growing flowers in the midst of yellowed out grass of bad harem comedy.

In this episode, all that ... or rather, what little of that square/ promise was there was ... nuked. To oblivion. Twice or thrice. It's actually pretty damn impressive how much they fucked it all up in the span of only 20 minutes.

Lmao agreed, it's something how I went from "this is great" to "annnnnd I'm out"

Oct 25, 2017
Stand My Heroes Piece of Truth Episode 1 EngDub

Was this an otome game or something, the femChar, Izumi, surrounded by a division of incredible hot main characters makes me think so or something. I mean if it wasn't then I can't understand how theyre so beautiful and handsome and fit into all the character archetypes we're used too.

Though on one hand, I like this already. The femchar (though shes immune to narcotics) is so assertive, feisty, reckless and devoted to her cause. Like she already stood up to the character who was the most offensive and against her in just the first episode. And then just running after the perpetrator and kicking her heels off and all, wow, this has to be a new for the genre.

Oct 25, 2017
Radiant Season 2 Episode 1 EngDub

Glad this is back with us, I missed Seth so much. Liked s1 so much I preordered it, which I never thought I'd do when I heard of the manga so long ago, it looked so run of the mill, but the anime made it shine.

Looking forward to both the protagonist story and the antagonist story.

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
Blade of the Immortal (2019) 3

Unexpectedly dense episode but in a good way. Really enjoying this even if it feels a bit rushed.

If you're not familiar with the manga, I gotta tell you the whole thing is probably gonna feel rushed. So far it feels like they're going through about 5 chapters or a whole Tankōbon per episode.

Oct 25, 2017
If you're not familiar with the manga, I gotta tell you the whole thing is probably gonna feel rushed. So far it feels like they're going through about 5 chapters or a whole Tankōbon per episode.

I am long past fed up with these anime adaptations that decide to adapt an entire huge manga into a short time span. Why even bother when you're just going to end up with a rushed mess that struggles simply to reach coherence? So worthless.

Oct 25, 2017
Cautious Here Episode 1 EngDub

Too muscly to be all that attractive IMO...but one of the other guys in the OP is very attractive and compelling. Cant wait.

Fun concept and show, have the LNs as well.

Love the voice cast.

Narag

Oct 25, 2017
I took a peek at the manga and was surprised at how quickly is going through the material but at the same time, I'm down for a sort of artistic distillation of it.

Oct 25, 2017
Azur Lane Episode 1 EngDub

All these funiAccents.

But Team Eagle Union, I did chuckle when they said the name Cleveland from Eagle Union.

Akagi and Kaga are really good friends, wow at their scene.

Overall an interesting battle show, the ships being weapons some of the girls like Enterprise wield is different than what I expected coming into the series and kind of cool.

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
Stars Align 1-2

A singular ray of sunshine in those dark times that is the current season. It's not like it's a masterpiece but you can see it tries at very least. Honestly the central premise rather weirds me out atm but maybe it will be a bit expanded upon and I feel like the general character interactions are very much above average. That and the chara designs are lovely. ( I assumed this was the same guy as Cencoroll, Tri and Tsuritama but I'm just now finding out the latter was bit of a joint effort and of the two people involved, Atsuya Uki is not the one present here ?)

---------------

To anyone watching it, did Bokuben's anime ever reach senpai or Sensei's imouto ?

Oct 25, 2017
Million Arthur OVA Episode 24 EngDub

lol it was like someone was like lets make a million arthur doujin come to life with the Invisible arthur just being all pervy the whole episode. If only she had done the same to Tekken as they do to Kakka. Missed opportunity for my fav arthur :(

Status
Not open for further replies.