• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

peyrin

Oct 27, 2017
California
Just finished the first half of Carole and Tuesday. I mainly watch 80s/90s stuff these days so it was refreshing to see something fresh and fun like C&T. I just wish I didn't have to wait forever for the latter half to come out.

Now I need to find something else to watch.

if you want more fresh and fun like C&T, try little witch academia, both have similar vibes of being carefree episodic adventures with a bit of relevant social commentary

Taruranto

Oct 26, 2017
Hoshiai no Sora 01 -

This was fucked. God damn it Akane. I was actually liking the episode until the end. Now this is on the level of an Okada Anime Original. This is so stupid. I was liking it so much until that drama kicked in. Ugh.
Isn't a bit too early for that? We don't know how the drama will handled. I thought they actually did a pretty good job with the kid's body language and expressions, he looked absolutely horrified.

Valdfellgar

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
Isn't a bit too early for that? We don't know how the drama will handled. I thought they actually did a pretty good job with the kid's body language and expressions, he looked absolutely horrified.

Yeah that scene, for me, took Stars Align from pretty good to really making me interested in seeing how they'll handle the topic as the show evolves. It didn't feel hammed up or contrived or 'Okada-ish.' The mom thing though as fertygo said was what maybe felt the most iffy about the episode.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Bookworm Isekai 2
Much much better. The shampoo stuff was very cute and I liked all three new characters. And yay for learning how to spell your name! I see the translation team decided on a different spelling for Main.

Null and Peta 2
Still cute and funny.

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
Beastars 01
I guess I'll go watch this furry can't be bad as that wrestling one....

Wait this is actually good. Social issues and stereotypes

Now I want more after that cliffhanger

Lord Arcadio

Oct 27, 2017
My Hero Academia S4 E1

It's up on Hulu.

Filler ep that serves as a recap. It's alright. Don't like new OP. ED is better.

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
Kemono Michi 02
Wait he said his going to capture and tame the beast and open a pet shop for money....

So he's a slave trader.
Finally an unreliable protagonist who twist the show's story to fit his vision. Calls it a "pet shop"

Last edited:

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Kemono Michi 02
Wait he said his going to capture and tame the beast and open a pet shop for money....

So he's a slave trader.
Finally an unreliable protagonist who twist the show's story to fit his vision. Calls it a "pet shop"

But they are still animals. any pet shop is now a slave trade? lol

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The way he cares for them. He puts them above the pedestal. Considering how he beats up all the people who call him names

Of course he beats people up when they say he is a killer even though he tames them. He puts them above the pedestal because he loves animals like many other people do to. Let him supplex assholes all day. I don't see a problem.

People in this world kill those animals because they are "dangerous". He shows them they aren't dangerous, tames them, raises them and sells them to people he can trust and show everyone that they are not dangerous if you handle them with care.

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
Of course he beats people up when they say he is a killer even though he tames them. He puts them above the pedestal because he loves animals like many other people do to. Let him supplex assholes all day. I don't see a problem.

People in this world kill those animals because they are "dangerous". He shows them they aren't dangerous, tames them, raises them and sells them to people he can trust and show everyone that they are not dangerous if you handle them with care.
So the wolf he belly rub. An animal. Who is smart like a human
Let say hypothetically. Tamed him put him in a pet shop and sold him to human to be a pet?

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So the wolf he belly rub. An animal. Who is smart like a human
Let say hypothetically. Tamed him put him in a pet shop and sold him to human to be a pet?

It's like we watched two different shows. I can tell you that he doesn't put halfs into cages. Only real animals and just because he still doesn't have his shop yet.

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Wait so to there's a distinction now between animals and "real" animals I thought you said

So put collar on that Mr wolf because your a property of this human

You know you added that wolf part to your post after I quoted you right?which is why it doesn't appear in my quote? never said anything about that. Eh..let's just stop it's useless. Also yes there is an obvious distinction which is why they are called demon beasts.

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
You know you added that wolf part to your post after I quoted you right?which is why it doesn't appear in my quote? never said anything about that. Eh..let's just stop it's useless. Also yes there is an obvious distinction which is why they are called demon beasts.
I was also just making that post as a joke.
In my fan fic
If there's an anime in Shigure's perspective Genzo is actually wrangling these animals

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
if you want more fresh and fun like C&T, try little witch academia, both have similar vibes of being carefree episodic adventures with a bit of relevant social commentary
it's a shame that there is no legal way to watch the Little Witch OVAs (in english) anymore. (technically you can import the Japanese releases if you really wanted to watch them :P)

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
My Hero Academia S4 1

This was a real cute recap episode. It's so nice to have everyone back. OP was okay, ED was good. Can't wait for next week for the arc to actually start.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
That whole sequence felt fairly over the top and we still have a totally separate family drama to deal with. On top of that, I absolutely hate how they just dropped that sort of drama in the last three minutes.

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
So I've never really known. Is this thread just for currently airing anime or all anime but focused on the currently airing stuff?

it's both really, i'd say 90% of the postings are just about current season anime while the other 10% are announcements or people talking about series they're returning to or watching for the first time along side this current season

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
So I've never really known. Is this thread just for currently airing anime or all anime but focused on the currently airing stuff?

Its the general anime thread but a new thread every season makes sense as currently airing series will be the stuff most people are watching and talking about

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Inazuma Eleven Ares Episode 26 EngDub END

Season 2 or more when?

The heath moore & regina plot ended up being cute and the more compelling of relationships on the show since it was so naturally evolving and she was like the only one to make Heath think and reconsider some of his motives (Was sad that Dusk didn't get him to think that way and Elliott was just being too Ellitott about it).

Otherwise Heath and Elliott were actually more compelling of characters than Sonny, I mean he was fine but he just didn't have enough personality to stand out among the others.

WOuld have changed this episode to be less FIRE LEMONADE Audriano focused and let Basil and others have a more meaningful spotlight.

Oh well, the final major rally when everyone doing their hi ougis was the best.

I need more Inazuma Eleven Ares in my life, Switch/PS4 game when

Oct 25, 2017
Tampa
My Hero Academia Season 4, Episode 1:

Basically a recap episode though with a glint towards the future, I could certainly say this episode is skippable.

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
My Hero Academia - S4 E1

A filler episode that doesnt feel like filler. I cant wait for this arc. As usual OP and EP are great.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
SAO Alicization S2 1

This was an episode of SAO that exists and sets up stuff for the future. That is all there is to say about it.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Fire Force 3-4

Finally started to watch this again. This show would be better if it was way less horny.

Valdfellgar

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
Is there any link between the original Guyver anime series and the 2005 one or are they just two seperate stories?

There's actually three Guyver anime, a stand-alone OVA/Pseudo-Movie, the late 80s OVA Series, and the 2005 one. They're all separate continuities that are adapting the manga to varying degrees of faithfulness. The Pseudo-Movie isn't faithful, at all, besides the first few chapters. The 80s OVA hits a lot of the important beats, but condences stuff, and the 2005 is pretty darn faithful, but just stops shortly after beginning a new arc.

<---- Loves Guyver.

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
Granblue Fantasy 2
nk7cdE6.jpg

FXXSsB3.jpg

nTQPp6M.jpg

E1Jn8Zb.jpg

Liked quite a bit of the background work this ep. Managed to evoke that bit of fantasy wonder in me.

Even if I didn't watch the OP, it would be pretty obvious were in for some intense 'oneesama!" drama so this was kind of a tense episode since I was waiting throughout for the crew the get backstabbed, only for nothing to transpire.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
No Guns Life 1
Liked the noir vibe from the start, but actual plot felt kind of flat. Hope this focuses more on Revolver's past and how that ties to the big corpo bad of the show.

Overly Cautious 2
Face game still on point, but I dug this a bit less than the first. The dirty-minded goddess might be able to carry the show, but our hero needs to be less of an absolute dick, even if it's in the sake of him being cautious and for laughs. Like why did he even shake down that peasant in the end outside of the idea he's supposed to get a big reward for killing the bad guy? I give this another week.

Bookworm 2
This is basically my slice of life show now, which is odd because it's an isekai. I guess they can't be mutually exclusive, but this being about our Main (a bit on the nose) and her love of books, stakes seem pretty low outside of her frailty and ability to faint at the drop of a hat.

Fire Force 12
How convenient the bad guys can just impersonate people for their own benefit. I am liking the ramp up in this arc, but the break really killed the momentum.

Dr. Stone 15
Ginro, if you weren't aware, is actually a bad guy. Wrap up on the medicine arc with a hint at Senku's role in the village coming next.

Beastars 1
Definitely not what I expected by a long shot and I loved every minute of it. Some shows would love to do this much character work in an entire season and we got it in the first episode. This is going to be a real gem.

MHA S4 1
I haven't even watched it yet, but seeing as it's filler...I'm a bit bummed about the real season not starting till next week. I guess a recap is fine to catch people back up to speed, but these are almost always skip episodes for me. Edit: Better than I expected, but this all pales in comparison to what is to come this season.

Last edited:

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Sooo... Germany's former President of the Federal Office for the Protection of the Constitution coined the term "Otaku Terrorism" in light of the terrorist attack in Halle and is pretty much throwing any online fandom into one bucket with people who get radicalized online as he decided to use otaku for what was the description of incels.

Last edited:

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
The original definition of Otaku basically fits the incel mold so I can see why they'd go with something like that.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
The original definition of Otaku basically fits the incel mold so I can see why they'd go with something like that.

Its pretty obvious he just heard otaku in connection with fandoms and decided to just throw it around as a term when he was describing young people getting radicalized online who are racist and hate women.

Now a bunch of other people who saw the interview and have just as little idea as he has will now connect this term with radicalized young people.

Oct 26, 2017
i thought otakus were just anime versions of trekkies or whatever star wars fans are called?

There are two meanings for the word.
The original, Japanese meaning, which isn't exactly flattering (very obsessive fans of something, whose lifes turn around that something, considered not well adjusted to society), and the 'international' meaning, where people started using the word with a different meaning, just to refer to 'fans of manga/anime'.

Master Milk

Oct 25, 2017
"Otaku" as a term came into popular awareness because of the 1989 case of the Otaku Murderer who targeted young girls for abduction, rape, and murder.
looking up this guy, and the word otaku, there's certainly been periods of extreme negativity towards the word

i don't get the impression that people saw or see otaku the same way as they see incels

phatmac

Dec 18, 2017
FGO: Babylonia
The second episode was much better with exposition done through dialogue. Merlin is a great character so he'll be a joy to listen to when he's explaining things. I'm a fan of both the OP and ED through repeated listening though I wish they made the OP sound a bit more appropriate to Babylon or at least a modern style song with Middle Eastern influence. Hope the second OP goes with the tone in the next arc of the story. The animation and background art are quite impressive. It's evident that a lot of animation studios helped with this production. It comes as no surprise as FGO is meant to as a media giant in Japan. The fou kick was obviously the best part. Can't wait for more Merlin.

Status
Not open for further replies.