• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 179

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pet Girl of Sakurasou

I liked this one a lot. A lot of fan service but I feel like it died down as the series went on and we got more into the characters. The storylines for the different characters were good, except Mashiro's seemed a little 'quick, we gotta do something with her!' I also thought the ending was a little too open ended for the love triangle, but after reading the book's ending I can't blame them for not going any further lol. I found my self caring about the character's enough by the end that the graduation speech actually made me choke up a little bit, a very nice show with some good drama. However, my next show is currently outclassing it...

White Album 2 - Thru Episode 11

Holy moley, now THIS is the kind of drama I like to see! The end of episode 11 is what made me realize that shit like that gets me into a full yelling 'OH NO, NO WAY, HE DID IT, OH SHIT' at the TV lol. The best part is, nobody is the good guy. Every character is flawed, and those issues are all coming to a head at once. The drama could've been easily fixed in so many ways but alas, here we are lol. Pumped to finish this tonight.

Pitou

Oct 25, 2017
EGmzBRpXYAAHcpg

this looks cool as hell

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Beastars 01

Hmm this was quite good.
It seems like Zootopia but with some actual bite to it.

Oct 25, 2017
Land of the Lustrous was easily AOTY 2017 and sleepwalks to at least top 3 of this decade

If we were to vote on it I'd expect Pimg Pong to win but barring Mob Psycho Land Lust would be runner up

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
Dice game club episode 2

Introducing a guy into my CGDCT show? Oh no, you don't!

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka, Osaka
2 years ago, October 2017, I got into anime in the old place's thread.

I'm not sure what to watch this season (besides High Score Girl 2).

I've felt this way about pretty much each season this year. I'm in an anime rut. As a result I was actually starting to watch some of the live action dramas on Crunchyroll. That said, those have mostly all been delisted without a warning or statement, so I'm going to try to get back into anime.

I like slice of life stuff if its good enough, and I like sappy dramas too. Comedy is cool.

Currently I'm watching Kids on the Slope with my wife, and liking it, and still watching some Gintama from time to time, but I don't know which new stuff to watch and imagining trying each of the shows out myself seems daunting now.

Any suggestions based on that from this year's Spring, Summer or these new Fall shows?

Qurupeke

Oct 25, 2017
2 years ago, October 2017, I got into anime in the old place's thread.

I'm not sure what to watch this season (besides High Score Girl 2).

I've felt this way about pretty much each season this year. I'm in an anime rut. As a result I was actually starting to watch some of the live action dramas on Crunchyroll. That said, those have mostly all been delisted without a warning or statement, so I'm going to try to get back into anime.

I like slice of life stuff if its good enough, and I like sappy dramas too. Comedy is cool.

Currently I'm watching Kids on the Slope with my wife, and liking it, and still watching some Gintama from time to time, but I don't know which new stuff to watch and imagining trying each of the shows out myself seems daunting now.

Any suggestions based on that from this year's Spring, Summer or these new Fall shows?
I hope you watched Kaguya-sama earlier this year. If not, you should, it's the year's standout and seems to be something you'd like. From the seasons you mention, maybe check Sarazanmai, especially if you're familiar with any of his other works, like Penguindrum. And I'd suggest keeping an eye on Beastars this season, though you won't be able to watch it legally for a while, because of Netflix.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Beastars 1

Fuuuuuuuuuuck this was so good. I could not ask for a better adaptation at this point. It seems incredibly inspired already and the source material is fantastic so I can't wait for some future parts.

Furisu

Poutine on the Ritz
Dec 5, 2018
Kabukichou: Sherlock 1
This was fun and has a lot of potential. Sherlock using rakugo to solve the case was an interesting choice. Could do without the jokes at the expense of gay/trans people, though.

InceptionLoop

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
Beastars 01

Fantastic episode. Visually arresting with great shot compositions, cool choices (like in the blackout at the beginning) and good direction.

Hoshiai no Sora 01

It's fine. Can see that the staff put a lot of effort into it so I'm hopeful.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Hoshiai no Sora 01 -

This was fucked. God damn it Akane. I was actually liking the episode until the end. Now this is on the level of an Okada Anime Original. This is so stupid. I was liking it so much until that drama kicked in. Ugh.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
lustrous anime of 2017 same year we got second seasons 3gatsu, owarimono, rakugo, and eccentric family? Just no. it was surprisingly good for a cg anime but thats it. I'd give it maybe action of the year for sure though. Its only real competitor in those departments were BBB&B and snk.

Nah Land of the Lustrous was well deserved, nearly missed out on watching an outstanding show

why is pedobait number 2

My friends prefer to call it Made in Pedo :3

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka, Osaka
I hope you watched Kaguya-sama earlier this year. If not, you should, it's the year's standout and seems to be something you'd like. From the seasons you mention, maybe check Sarazanmai, especially if you're familiar with any of his other works, like Penguindrum. And I'd suggest keeping an eye on Beastars this season, though you won't be able to watch it legally for a while, because of Netflix.
Thanks so much! I'll get around to those!

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
Just finished the first half of Carole and Tuesday. I mainly watch 80s/90s stuff these days so it was refreshing to see something fresh and fun like C&T. I just wish I didn't have to wait forever for the latter half to come out.

Now I need to find something else to watch.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
Just finished the first half of Carole and Tuesday. I mainly watch 80s/90s stuff these days so it was refreshing to see something fresh and fun like C&T. I just wish I didn't have to wait forever for the latter half to come out.

Now I need to find something else to watch.
Watch Demon Slayer, or if you're not looking for action anime watch Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai and don't judge it based on the title despite the title being really bad!

Or just watch 80s and 90s anime idk. Watch something soul crushing like Now and Then, Here and There.

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
Hoshiai no Sora 01 -

This was fucked. God damn it Akane. I was actually liking the episode until the end. Now this is on the level of an Okada Anime Original. This is so stupid. I was liking it so much until that drama kicked in. Ugh.
I feel the cliffhanger felt apt tho, whatever up with megane's mom is the one that felt Okadaish

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Oresuki 1 aka this season's incel anime
This was garbage until the very end. Will watch the next episode to see if I still hate everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.