• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

moogs

Oct 25, 2017
Elfen Lied 7: Nana is alright, just right. Alright? OK.

2vXNlv4.jpg

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
Beastars 01

Orange you beautiful bastards you've done it again.

hyouko

Oct 27, 2017
Beastars ep1 was unsurprisingly great. I particularly loved the visual effect of the blackout scene at the beginning, which they rendered with just the dark blue outlines of the character and background. Also, it seems like they're really leaning in on showing off their facial animations with all those split-screen scenes between two characters. I'll have to go back to check and see if that was a stylistic thing pulled from the original or a new thing that they're doing.

(manga spoilers) Perhaps the visuals in the blackout scene represent carnivore-o-vision. The manga reveals later on that most carnivores can see in the dark, while most herbivores can't.

Heh

Dec 12, 2017
You can easily watch E1+2 and 11+12 to get the whole story lol

You're right lol. I ended up finishing it. Lackluster journey with a predictable simple ending

Astra Episode 12 END EngDub

Mostly good except for the epilogue, they could have kept that garbage, what a way to ruin a show. Should have gone no pairings at least, Ulgur and Kanata was heavily hinted especially when he got all emotional reminiscing about being saved and wrapped in his arms.

Didnt think the skip to the future was necessary, could have ended it with the immediate aftermath of revealing the truth to the world.

Loved the anime otherwise, wish we explored longer than just making this a 12 episode/ short volume series.

I don't know about Ulgar and Kanata. I wouldn't mind Charce being yandere for Kanata though. And yeah, as much as I enjoy epilogues presented in the future this was pretty cliche and boring.

I disagree with this. Kanata was pushed most with Aries, while Ulgar was pushed most with Luca if anyone.
I was totally expecting this in the epilogue... but nope, boooo
The epilogue tells us they are close, but leaves their relationship ambiguous.

Like a lot of shounen the romance in this seemed shallow. I didn't care for any of the relationships. Might've been because I just stopped caring for the show.

Ouran Host Club - END
giphy.gif

Definitely a classic romcom that focuses it's time on the characters and comedy first and foremost ad everything else second. There is little to no "romance" in the show, but it is completely fine since the comedy was pretty good and the characters all added something to the show. Overall, this was just a fun show to watch from start to finish with slapstick comedy and good character interactions. The future manga chapters must have gotten pretty crazy if they continued past where the anime ended.

It's been awhile since I've watched this, but I remember really liking it. I have a bias for fun shows (hard to explain what I mean.) Does the anime not cover the whole manga? i felt it ended in a good place. I don't quite remember though.

If you haven't already try watching Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun if you want something similar.

Astra Lost in Space

I did kind of find it suspicious, because of the difference in their space suits, like the designs were way different. Well I'll see how this plays out.

Oh okay, so not parallel universes.

END

This was a rollercoaster of disappointment. The constant shifts in tone wasn't well done imo. I just wanted to watch a space survival series, but I got... this...

Now to try the other survival anime. Pretty sure it's a lighthearted one.

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
i think the no gun life credits may be the first time that i've seen an unreal engine logo in anime credits

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
Hmm there isnt much for me in this season. Only Oresuki (which is surprisingly good and funny)and MHA. Well more time to for my big backlog.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
Takagi-san S2 ep.10-END
Oh my, this was a treat. I mean, those last few episodes were beautiful on so many levels that I was almost yelling at my phone a couple times both happily and frustratingly. Either way, the close out melted my heart and then some.... just beautiful.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
Stars Align 01
"You'd literally have to pay me to join the soft tennis club"
"Done"

Will always be in for a well made racquet sport series, and this first episode was mostly just hitting the basic, but enjoyable, beats you'd expect it to. Then the last scene came in and caught me off guard. The stages the protagonist goes through throughout the encounter, then going on as if nothing happened after, is heartbreaking.

Less effecting is the other protagonist's mother treating her son like he is a sociopath when he seems to just be a normal kid who really wants to win at soft tennis. What was up with that...
So, Beastars OP is going to be stop motion:

That's neat. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

Last edited:

sinonobu

Oct 25, 2017
Gundam Build Divers Re:rise Episode 1~2

It was great just like I anticipated! Feels like a worthy sequel to an already great entry, unlike how Try was to original BF. Will definitely keep a close eye on this one and I can't wait to see how the story will unfold! (and how some of the og cast will cross paths with them!)

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Hoshiai no Sora 01
EGjhp-ZWoAYEgSO

I've had my eye on this for what seems like a year, where the description of "Angsty boys where one of them is being paid money to play tennis with the other" always sounded more like the plot for a BL than an actual anime. The show is mostly without angst until after the credits roll, and then... it gets dark in a way I wasn't expecting it to. When he is bandaged up after his father beats him up, it calls back to a flashback earlier in the episode where he had a bandage in the same place as a child, which basically says that Maki has been physically abused his entire life, which wasn't where I was expecting this to go!

Narag

Oct 25, 2017
Blade of the Immortal (2019) 1-2

Well, this was everything I hoped it'd be and more. Love the flashes of class on display that elevates this into something incredibly interesting to watch. I see what people said about pacing too. I don't think it's bad but the show certainly doesn't give events time to breathe, jumping right into conflicts which kinda sorta works so far. What's weird is the dialogue speed as Magatsu, in particular, seemed to be delivering lines with an unexpected density. Maybe that's the secret? Just hurry up through dialogue to cut run time down. I figure it's actually just pushing through the stuff that's been adapted multiple times already and it'll settle down later.

moogs

Oct 25, 2017
Elfen Lied 8: Yo, what the—moogs.exe has stopped working

Episodes 9–10: Huh? I'm completely zoned out now... Oh... an elephant. Ooh! A giraffe!

Episode 10.5: A borderline decent episode, but it's too late. ( ´_ゝ`)

kIZbdaA.png

—————
Body count: 44

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Azur Lane: 2 AKA the lesser of the 2 shows I'm watching in this Isekai Infested Season.

Enterprise said the thing! Prinz Eugen said the thing! Ayanami said the thing! And my favorite boat gets literally 2 seconds of screen time in the background! Maybe another episode, South Dakota.

So this must be post Midway if Enterprise already has Grim Reaper.

Explains why she's going so damaged to save Hornet, she doesn't want to lose her other sister too. I wonder if we'll see a flashback of Yorktown sinking. (And yes I realize I'm probably the only person on Era watching this.)

Last edited:

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Elfen Lied 8: Yo, what the—moogs.exe has stopped working

Episodes 9–10: Huh? I'm completely zoned out now... Oh... an elephant. Ooh! A giraffe!​
Episode 10.5: A borderline decent episode, but it's too late. ( ´_ゝ`)

kIZbdaA.png

—————
Body count: 44
I mean

We warned you.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
lustrous anime of 2017 same year we got second seasons 3gatsu, owarimono, rakugo, and eccentric family? Just no. it was surprisingly good for a cg anime but thats it. I'd give it maybe action of the year for sure though. Its only real competitor in those departments were BBB&B and snk.

MikeHattsu

Oct 25, 2017

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Looks....fucking great. Read the first chapter yesterday and they really did it. The CG also looks good imo.

why is pedobait number 2

"But it has great world building, mysteries, soundtrack and it's just amazing to experience the unknown with those kids!"

I really don't know. It also has a big defense force on here which disgusts me, but people handwave it with "Nya the cut most of the bad content! It's only in the manga!". Uhm...

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
Ore wo Suki nano wa Omae dake ka yo 01

Dropped it initially after like, the first scene and came back only after gauging and being puzzled by the reaction here. I guess I'm sufficiently intrigued by that curveball to see where it goes for a few eps at least.

No Guns Life 01

I'll take any hard boiled, noir steak I can get but this one here is very much a rare one, verging on raw even.

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017
Cute Boys Are Bad at Tennis 01

Everything was fine until the last three minutes and that weird foreshadowing scene with glasses-kun's mom.

Book Isekai 02

I'm hoping we get a lot about her bringing things she's learned from her other life to this world. Shampoo scene was cute.

Houkago Saikoro Club 02

Okay this actually sounds like it would be a fun game to play.

Last edited:

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Ore wo Suki nano wa Omae dake ka yo 01
When Dakkumauji of all people sends me a message on Twitter saying that he thinks I would like something, I will take the 30 minutes of my life to check it out- and was glad that I did! Just a collection of shitty people who are going to be shitty to each other for 13 episodes- like Gamers, except there are no videogames

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I liked LoL until the Winter Arc. Was NOT a fan of that kind of character development. And seeing what happens later ensures that I habe zero interest in a S2.

Status
Not open for further replies.