• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
I can fully understand GS is not for everyone.

Higurashi holds a special place in my heart. Didn't thought the first season was worth the hype. The second season however when they started to unravel the mystery was the first and only time my mother watched anime with me. Unfortunately she passed away soon after completing Higurashi, luckily the third season and the specials all sucked.

The only good one was the one with Dear You at the end that came out not that long ago.
I watched the series out of order at first and only half-way through season 2 did i back-track the correct way, the names just looked too similiar i think. It was the first series in highschool that didn't air on local TV that i recognized other children talking about so i was able to hit up a conversation with more serious anime watchers.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
To Aru Majutsu no Index III Episode 2

People always seem to have a problem following the overall plot of each arc but the gist of the situation this time can easily be summarized as- "God's Right Seat, an organization within the Catholic Church, is using an artifact known as the Document of Constantine, aka. Document of C, to change public perception against Academy City hostile."

Like most if not all of Index's material are based on real world history.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donation_of_Constantine

The Donation of Constantine (Latin: Donatio Constantini) is a forged Roman imperial decree by which the 4th-century emperor Constantine the Great supposedly transferred authority over Rome and the western part of the Roman Empire to the Pope. Composed probably in the 8th century, it was used, especially in the 13th century, in support of claims of political authority by the papacy.

As for the episode, I actually like it better now that they're getting into the thick of things, even the hi-jinks have been toned down. Although it's been awhile since I've seen this particular story but it does seem like it's progressing quite fast. Also we're finally seeing the global trotting aspect of the series since they first visited Chioggia in Italy last season. One of my favorite parts of Index is how global the conflict gets.

Looking forwards to the "Fires of Science" next week.

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
I watched the series out of order at first and only half-way through season 2 did i back-track the correct way, the names just looked too similiar i think. It was the first series in highschool that didn't air on local TV that i recognized other children talking about so i was able to hit up a conversation with more serious anime watchers.

You can skip season 1 but it will lesen the impact when everything is resolved.

Looking at the anime that aired the same season as Higurashi S2: Baccano, Sayonara sensei, Darker than Black, Seto no hanayome, Claymore and Lucky Star. Summer 2007 was nuts.

Last edited:

Crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
I will say I feel from a production/direction standpoint, the first two episodes of Jojo Part V haven't impressed me as much as the first two episodes of Part IV. Also not a huge fan of the art-style shift. I guess its more manga faithful but that isn't a huge concern to me.

Once again the JoJo pick is way better than the obvious choice everyone wanted

What was the obvious choice everybody wanted?

kickz

Nov 3, 2017
Porco Rosso

GnFqE7g.jpg

Well this just shot up to top 3 of Ghibli films for me, nice little film.

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind 02

Drugs are bad mkay

Bunny Girl Senpai 02

Still pretty good

Karakuri Circus 01

Lmao what this is amazing

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
Index S3 - 02

It's more Index.

GioGio - 02

It's more GioGio.
OP is nice, ED is incredibly weak. I don't mind the song, but the visuals are just disappointing.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
i've really got to rewatch whispers of the heart and see if it holds up

CrimsonN0

Oct 25, 2017
Index S3
Haven't really kept up on the news of the anime.
Are they going to try to go through the entire normal(not NT) series this season?
I kinda remember S2 being rushed in some arcs and that was only 7? books, while there's like 9 left.

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
Index S3
Are they going to try to go through the entire normal(not NT) series this season?
I kinda remember S2 being rushed in some arcs and that was only 7? books, while there's like 9 left.

It's been.speculated that after Railgun season 3 and Accelerator season 1 there will be a Index season 4. No real confirmations unfortunately.

Oct 25, 2017
Zombieland Saga 1
wtf did I just watch.

Re: Cutie Honey

this could have a perfect fun little three episode OVA, but it's held back by it's dull second episode. Itou Naoyuki is just completely outclassed by Imaishi and Anno. Still the first episode is fantastic and the third is really great.

it was gayer than I expected.

The OP will be stuck in my head for a while.

I hate how good Re: was compared to the new series we got recently, I couldn't stand it at all and they broke the tradition of having the same opening as well.

ezodagrom

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Index S3
This isn't confirmed, but it seems like the rest of OT is gonna be done in this season, which will apparently be 26 episodes.

Steroyd

Oct 27, 2017
Index III - 02

Everytime I watch Index I'm reminded with how much I hate the church segments of the show, and with Railgun and Accelerator being announced that gives less reason to put the science-y parts in Index, but I've watched 2 seasons already. T_T

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
Came across this post from the author of Radiant on the series' facebook page. I hid the small spoilers it contained:

J'en profite au passage, pour préciser quelques points: la question qui revient souvent est « est-ce que l'adaptation sera fidèle à 100% »? En fait ça dépend des épisodes...
Les premiers épisodes (cinq à peu près) sont une réécriture du tome 1 : Dans les grandes lignes, l'histoire est la même, mais il y a des différences dans pas mal de scènes, l'ordre d'apparition des persos et autres. Ensuite, il y a quelques épisodes originaux qui exploitent l'ellipse entre le tome 1 et le tome 2 (l'entrainement de Seth avec Yaga sur l'Artémis, le trio Mélie/Doc/Seth qui prend ses marques...), puis la deuxième moitié de la saison suit fidèlement tout l'arc scénaristique Rumble Town!
Je tenais à partager ça parce que je sais combien on peut tous se braquer sur les différences entre manga et animé... Ce serait dommage de tenir une liste de tout ce qui n'est pas dans l'un ou dans l'autre ^^

J'espère que ça va vous plaire !!

Quick and dirty translation:
I'll use the occasion to clear up a few things: the question I'm asked the most often is 'Will the [anime] adaptation be 100% faithful?'. To be honest, it depends on the episode...
The first episodes (roughly the first five) are a rewritten version of the first volume: broadly speaking, the story is the same, but there are differences in quite a few scenes, the order in which characters appear, among other things. After that, there are a couple of anime original episodes that capitalise on the ellipsis between volume 1 and 2 (Seth's training with Yaga on Artemis, the Melie/Doc/Seth trio getting its bearings...), and then the second half of the season faithfully follows the Rumble Town arc!
I wanted to share this because I know how much we can all become defensive about differences between manga and anime... It would be a shame to keep a list of everything that's not in one or the other ^^

I hope you'll enjoy it!!

I'm still not sure how I feel about the changes after having read the first 8 volumes. I thought the first volume was really solid so I don't see why those changes are necessary, and I can't say I'm too happy about the prospects of a couple of filler episodes, but I'll still give it a chance.

The second half should be really good though, Rumble Town was a great arc in the manga.

I wonder how they will adapt the fact that one of the main antagonists in that arc is just straight up real-world racist on top of being fantasyland racist.

I'll probably write my thoughts about the series in the manga thread, but I'm absolutely loving it so far.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Index S3
It's been.speculated that after Railgun season 3 and Accelerator season 1 there will be a Index season 4. No real confirmations unfortunately.
This isn't confirmed, but it seems like the rest of OT is gonna be done in this season, which will apparently be 26 episodes.

It's highly unlikely they would be able to clear all of OT in 26 episodes in my opinion mainly because it's just too much content left, 9 volumes is nothing to sneeze at. Ideally 6 or 7 volumes would be doable with minimal butchery.

Also if Shokugeki no Souma was anything to go by, JC Staff is not above just ending a season in the middle of an arc.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
Iroduku: The World In Colors 02
I always find it amusing that in these kinds of stories enrolling in school is a top priority.

Ace Attorney Season 2: 02

Hooray, the mask demasque theme was in for a bit. I might be going crazy but I though last episode had the localized names but then this week it was the original names.

Preview had coffee face Phoenix so that's exciting.

Radiant 02
Big improvement over the first episode. There was at least some depth added to the whole sorcerer discrimination angle. I kind of enjoy scrub/gullible Seth so I hope whatever is going on at the end of the episode isn't a huge/permanent power up.

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
Radiant 02

Eh, this really doesn't do anything for me. I should probably drop it at this point, but I also wanted to at least see how the character interactions between Seth and his future companions are. But they are still nowhere to be seen... Gah.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Ace Attorney Season 2: 02
Hooray, the mask demasque theme was in for a bit. I might be going crazy but I though last episode had the localized names but then this week it was the original names.

Preview had coffee face Phoenix so that's exciting.
If you are watching in CR you can choose

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Almost finished with Overlord S3.

Its a damn shame Ains is becoming a full fledged villian. He's much more interesting as an unexpected antihero.

Oh well. Time to start rooting for people to kick his ass.

Oct 25, 2017
DAKAICHI -I'm being harassed by the sexiest man of the year- Episode 2 – Is He Sick of me Already?
DpZU3wxUYAIaVVV.jpg:small
DpZU56OVsAUQ30p.jpg:small

Best use of honey in anime, hopefully we get more moments like these as it was hot and funny.

I also liked how we used the misunderstanding thing to so soon and so different than expected, didnt think itd go the sickness route was thinking Chunta was trying to hold himself back due to their scene the night before.

Favorite moment was after their showers and Chunta's line lol.
DpZQe_UUUAAaN3n.jpg:small
DpZQhmwUcAAn7of.jpg:small

NaDannMaGoGo

Oct 25, 2017
Saiki S2 - 01 - 08

Ofu-!

Ironically, I love Teruhashi! She's probably the best 'perfect bishoujo' parody character I've seen. The permanent shine around her is stupidly great and her godly luck goes nicely with/against Saiki's power. Best moment yet was when the Gyaru transfer student noticed her aura which, of course, had the form of huge angel wings.

While her shtick has a fair bunch of repetition, too, it's a beacon of variety in comparison to the others. On that note, could they do a tad more with Mera? When she was introduced in S1 I thought she might be a fun character but since then she's been basically nothing but a glutton.

Overall, I'm quite enjoying Saiki S2. Dunno, but there's really quite s.th. about this swift pacing and, as usual, I also appreciate the decent continuity.

Oct 25, 2017
FutureCard Buddyfight ACE Episode 14 EngDub
DpZk9AGX4AAB12m.jpg:small

Best expression ever, was so waiting for it to happen. Yuuga at how he is just unable to regain and understand Ranma after the entire show and now seeing the results of it was so sad, Im :( But Ranma, he's finally able to show off his skills to the only person he was ever trying to please and even won.

Mechanics wise Im glad that we finally have a way to defend against impacts in the final phase and it was Ranma to do it. thank you.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
Sword Art Online Alicization 02

Everything is really solid. Beautiful, great direction and pacing. The pacing isn't for everyone though. It's perhaps going to be a bit slow for some but this is right up my alley.

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017
Goblin Slayer 2

Cow Girl doesn't have to say anything for you to know that she's thinking "He's used more words with this girl in five minutes than he has with me in five years". Bit disappointing that they moved Goblin Slayer's grimdark little speech about goblin slaying to a voice over instead of to Guild Girl, cause then you don't get Guild Girl's follow-up

Oct 25, 2017
The World God Only Knows All Seasons and OVA's

LFB_Pump_Ladder.jpg

this was a very charming take on visual novel tropes, funny and pretty (god bless Akio Watanabe).

however i was very sad to hear that the studio closed in 2015 and the season 4 that was teased at the end of the final episode will never come to be, for a show that got 3 seasons i was hopeful that it would get more. maybe a miracle in the future?

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017
The World God Only Knows All Seasons and OVA's

LFB_Pump_Ladder.jpg

this was a very charming take on visual novel tropes, funny and pretty (god bless Akio Watanabe).

however i was very sad to hear that the studio closed in 2015 and the season 4 that was teased at the end of the final episode will never come to be, for a show that got 3 seasons i was hopeful that it would get more. maybe a miracle in the future?
I recommend picking up the manga. The anime skipped a lot of good arcs between seasons 2 and 3, and the ending is nice.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
I know but anime onlys should have realised this since at least season 2. It becomes unambigious even there.
You could make the argument that he was uplifting the lizard tribes and will improve their way of life like Carne. He also resurrected them in the end. Its very problematic but its one excuse you could try to use.

But once you start murdering innocent kids and dividing their body parts up (gotta use every part of the buffalo) among your monsters, it kind of makes people who previously supported you look at things a little...differently. And you no longer see shades of gray. You just finally have to come to terms with what he's doing.

Oct 25, 2017
Sword Art Online Alicilization Episode 2

Too short and left so many questions than answers, Kawahara why. Also why you make Eugeo and Kirito forget one another, I wanted more episodes when they were 11 especially after Alice was taken away. But I guess now that they are 17 or so I guess theres potential for them to leave the village.

Otherwise awesome episode, loved Kirito displaying epic sword skills but awful axe skills lol.
DpZzZyiU8AEmCQO.jpg:small

Principate

Oct 31, 2017
You could make the argument that he was uplifting the lizard tribes and will improve their way of life like Carne. He also resurrected them in the end. Its very problematic but its one excuse you could try to use.

But once you start murdering innocent kids and dividing their body parts up (gotta use every part of the buffalo) among your monsters, it kind of makes people who previously supported you look at things a little...differently. And you no longer see shades of gray. You just finally have to come to terms with what he's doing.
But he wasn't doing any of that. His goal was explicit genocide and had to be convinced otherwise. I find it strange how someone would even think that was his initial goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.