• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Went up to the first part of episode 5.

I was all "WTF?!" when Chicken Boo emerged from his hunter disguise. Not Chicken Boo himself, but rather the disturbing way he emerged. And was nice seeing almost the rest of the Animaniacs cast.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
Computer animation will never replace traditional animation but other than that the writing in this is perfect Episode 5 was spectacular.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
I love how when the warners ask the hunter if he got EVERYONE in the original cast, he looked over at the candle display lol. Not sure why the mime was shown captured he appeared a few episodes prior in the reboot.

KNZFive

Oct 28, 2017
I was able to check out these episodes, and watching Dot painting the brown fence white and singing about appropriating a foreign property made me cackle like a banshee. A perfect stab at the atrocity that was the American version of Old boy with Josh Brolin.
Holy shit I didn't even catch the "white washing" reference with her painting that fence. So good.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
This is the greatest reboot ever. It's like it never went off the air.

What did everyone think of

Starbox and Cindy
?

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's very mixed, imo. The first episode did nothing for me. The episodes after that are better, and every once in a while there's a joke that gets a hearty laugh for me.

"No squatters until after the games are over ...that's when the urban decay sets in" lmao

Punchline

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Starbox and Cindy
?
all of the new segments they introduced were unfortunately very miss for me so far. things that go bump in the night was an obvious space filler but starbox and cindy and the incredible gnome were both pretty flat concepts. i like the idea of starbox andcindy but like it didnt feel particularly standout, just borderline experimental (with having a young girl do this completely off-the-wall audio while an alien tries to escape her to get to a button) which isnt really enough to sell me on it being recurring if thats the plan. i do want to see them do new segment concepts but so far, like the original animaniacs theyre all pretty miss.

Rust

Jan 24, 2018
"And to our right is the studio where they filmed Batman!"

"Ooooh!"

"....vs Superman."

"Aaaw.'"

Chef's kiss.

Deleted member 34169

User requested account closure
Nov 23, 2017
Crazy to me that all the reviews are seemingly negative—"same old jokes" "not zany enough"

I saw one say that only the premieres was good.

it makes me feel like I'm taking crazy pills.
Glad I'm not the only one. I read a couple this morning that were borderline negative. Then I saw the reactions here were pretty positive. I watched the first episode and loved it. Now I just saw a pretty scathing review that called it mean and said that the original was "simplistic". It's like they found people who had zero understanding of the original to write these reviews.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I only watched the first two episodes, but Dot sounds really different, and her pitch in the opening is quite different, as well.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018

Starbox and Cindy
?

I thought Starbox was fine, but ADORED the screaming mouth gnome. Like I want him in every episode.

captmcblack

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, this is pretty great, I gotta say.

I hope this opens the door for similar cartoon revivals of this quality!

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017

Starbox and Cindy
?
I felt all of the Warner and Pinky and the Brain stuff was very strong, but the new segments were huge misses. I feel like a stronger use of the concept they were going for with Starbox and Cindy would have been to just animate whatever crazy incoherent shit the little girl said instead of just having it be white noise completely unrelated to the action on screen.

Typhon

Oct 25, 2017
Up to episode 6 and dear god that was too far on the gross out humor.

The Trump gag was funny and Chicken Boo animation was disturbingly hilarious but that pigeon was a bridge too far for me

Tuck

Oct 25, 2017
Episodes 1 and 2 were great. Laughed really hard at a few spots.

It's sad to hear the original staff got left out, and it really sucks that so many of the original characters don't return but what's here so far has been great. Hope it keeps up.

Punchline

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Episodes 1 and 2 were great. Laughed really hard at a few spots.

It's sad to hear the original staff got left out, and it really sucks that so many of the original characters don't return but what's here so far has been great. Hope it keeps up.
yeah i was kind of surprised to see so little of the original staff on board. a lot of the new guys are great though and i know a lot of them from their prior works

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Starbox and Cindy seemed like a blend of Buttons and Mindy and Elmyra, with the negative qualities of Cindy and Elmyra strained out.

The Gnome was the Obama anger translator.

Bossking

Nov 20, 2017
There's too much politics in this show.

As in I am 10 episodes in and I'm so tired of seeing the United States Senate chamber and the Faux News studio as a setting in this show.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
Crazy to me that all the reviews are seemingly negative—"same old jokes" "not zany enough"

I saw one say that only the premieres was good.

it makes me feel like I'm taking crazy pills.
I'm guessing the "not zany enough" is due to the animation being computer based? It's not a fluid, bouncy and lively as the oldschool way.

Punchline

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing the "not zany enough" is due to the animation being computer based? It's not a fluid, bouncy and lively as the oldschool way.
honestly the animation was crazy good for tv animation? might be a unpopular opinion but i think it looks better than the original in terms of how it was animated for someone who has no nostalgia for the original

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I haven't finished it but It's a Zit has to be the best musical number. There's no way they topped that, right?

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
honestly the animation was crazy good for tv animation? might be a unpopular opinion but i think it looks better than the original in terms of how it was animated for someone who has no nostalgia for the original
It's just subtle things with framing their movements that effect the complete presentation, like when they pop their heads back into view in the intro. Notice in the original, the frames to capture the motions are more exaggerated compared to the modern version.

8-FC1-AEE4-37-FB-42-F8-AEA9-DF34114-EAD8-D.png

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
It's just subtle things with framing their movements that effect the complete presentation, like when they pop their heads back into view in the intro. Notice in the original, the frames to capture the motions are more exaggerated compared to the modern version.

8-FC1-AEE4-37-FB-42-F8-AEA9-DF34114-EAD8-D.png

If you literally go through the frames on the new one you'll find this.

pXkonpT.png

julian

Oct 27, 2017
Didnt realize this was already online. I already lost it during the opening credits with "we did meta first".

Joe2187

Oct 25, 2017
Quick Question: Is the bunny rancher supposed to be based on someone? Because he looks like Stephen King, and last time I've checked, I can't recall him writing a horror story about killer rabbits.

The entire segment was about the head of the NRA Wayne LaPierre.

The "Bun Violence" should have been a dead giveaway.

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
The entire segment was about the head of the NRA Wayne LaPierre.

The "Bun Violence" should have been a dead giveaway.
I gotta say it totally flew over my head. But I've stayed far far away from NRA stuff so I don't feel too bad about it. I just finished episode 6 and I'm already planning a rewatch.
They ripped on Tucker Carlson.

Sugar
Honey
Ice
Tea!
I just saw that but before I had to go to work. LOVED that bit!

Lotto

Oct 28, 2017
Earth
so far so good, just watched 3 episodes. feels like i should just watch an episode every saturday morning instead of trying to binge this, good thing tomorrow's saturday!