• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tanuki-Go

One Winged Slayer
Jul 21, 2018
US
Wow that was a great first episode. Might have to do a free trial on Hulu to watch the others. lol

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
First episode was great. They more overtly expressed political opinions than I would have expected.

Highlight was Pinky's surprisingly racy lines.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
So far watched the first episode and loved it! Didn't even know the episodes were already live; I assumed the episodes wouldn't be up until midnight pacific time. Will definitely start binge watching tomorrow.

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
Wow, just finished Episode 4. Got to the anime parody. I'm just amazed how well the show is animated and the writing feels as fresh as ever.

Okay, just finished the first part of Ep 5. That was GOOD.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The redone theme song is really good.

First episode was fun. They really leaned on the fourth wall while joking about reboots/remakes/etc.

Rocky Road

Jun 1, 2018
Mixed on the first episode having the Pinky and the Brain segment going so hard on meme humor. Other than that though I'm enjoying this so far and I'm glad they're being so blunt about some things. The rehashing song is unironically catchy and amazing, all the billboards and namedrops got me.

Last edited:

Porco Rosso

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
That first episode made me breathe a huge sigh of relief. They nailed this. First reboot in a while that actually has pulled it off.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I'm on episode 6 and I might do a rewatch right after. I want to watch these enough I can quote it better.

The lines about "My hubris said we should do it" and "I'll do whatever you want to make this conversation over" are my favorites so far but there's a TON of fantastic one liners here.

The latter is basically what dealing with customers in retail is like.

makonero

Oct 27, 2017
Crazy to me that all the reviews are seemingly negative—"same old jokes" "not zany enough"

I saw one say that only the premieres was good.

it makes me feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

Nelo Ice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Finished 5 episodes and plz always let the Warners run for fun around the Warner movie lot.

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
For Starbox and Cindy did they just record a little girl's incoherent ramblings and make animation to go with it?

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
Wow, just watched the first episode and....ITS GOOD!
It's actually good omg, thank goodness. I sure hope its consistent throughout the season because i had the dumbest smile on my face the entire time lol

Tanuki-Go

One Winged Slayer
Jul 21, 2018
US
Yo I did a double take when

Brain said he would put that one woman through hell. I dunno why but maybe growing up when cartoons had to dance around the word made it a bit shocking to hear him say it. lol

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
Watched a couple of episodes and it's okay to goodish? A few chuckles here and there.
I found Pinky and the Brain's banter not at the level of the old ones. The best parts used to be in the dialogue in that series.
You can hear that Brain's voice isn't quite what it used to be, which is a little sad, but completely understandable given that it's been so long.

Joe2187

Oct 25, 2017
Eps. 8 Damn Brain is super ruthless, it was kind of horrifying seeing him torture Julia like that.

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017

They didn't have to go so hard. Turns out this sequence was done by Studio Yotta, same studio that did the Sonic Mania opening.

Kangi

Profile Styler
Oct 25, 2017
Up to episode 3 and my adjustment period is basically over. Just feel like I'm watching old episodes I hadn't seen before.

I mean, there are plenty of differences to nitpick, but the whole vibe of it is spot-on. The lack of other segments like Slappy are the only thing keeping it from just feeling like a new season

Mezentine

Oct 25, 2017
The first episode felt a little strained to me, but I genuinely laughed at least three or four times in the second one, I think they're onto something

Kangi

Profile Styler
Oct 25, 2017
Good Warner Hunting.

Good Warner Hunting.

Good Warner Hunting.

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
I was able to check out these episodes, and watching Dot painting the brown fence white and singing about appropriating a foreign property made me cackle like a banshee. A perfect stab at the atrocity that was the American version of Old boy with Josh Brolin.

Mocha

Dec 9, 2017
Didn't even know they were making a remake. I loved the first episode, im going to take my time on this show lol