• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ghostmind

Oct 25, 2017
It's a bit belated, but I've quit this game.

Thanks to everyone who shared flower creatures, gave kudos, helped out at the mine, and was just generally cool.

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
50 tickets per rare cookie is some ridiculous nonsense. I might actually be willing to buy several if they were like 5 or 10 per, but 50 is insane given how much money buying the leaf tickets actually costs. I wish the mobile market had coalesced around getting more people to spend smaller amounts of money instead of everybody chasing goddamn whales all the time.

The rest of the update is cool, though. Seeing how many of a collectible you have as you catch animals or before you pick up fruit or shells, the shorter animation time for people removing things from pockets, the check mark on the craft menu when a favourited item can be crafted, moving steel, wood, and cotton to the top of the material inventory so you can sell them more easily, adding requests where you can choose what to hand over, getting sparkle stones from returning lost items, etc. Lots of nice improvements.

I'm out, random drop loot crates are my breaking point. Maybe if they were around forever, but two months to collect everything with 2% drop rates and 5,000 bells a go (if they're even available in the shop...) tips this too far into bullshit.

What? The special ones are only for two months (and they're BS), but I don't think there's a time limit on the commons. And the commons are only 500, not 5000, and they appear to restock regularly.

Lusamine

Oct 25, 2017
50 tickets per rare cookie is some ridiculous nonsense. I might actually be willing to buy several if they were like 5 or 10 per, but 50 is insane given how much money buying the leaf tickets actually costs. I wish the mobile market had coalesced around getting more people to spend smaller amounts of money instead of everybody chasing goddamn whales all the time.

The rest of the update is cool, though. Seeing how many of a collectible you have as you catch animals or before you pick up fruit or shells, the shorter animation time for people removing things from pockets, the check mark on the craft menu when a favourited item can be crafted, moving steel, wood, and cotton to the top of the material inventory so you can sell them more easily, adding requests where you can choose what to hand over, getting sparkle stones from returning lost items, etc. Lots of nice improvements.

What? The special ones are only for two months (and they're BS), but I don't think there's a time limit on the commons. And the commons are only 500, not 5000, and they appear to restock regularly.
I kinda miss the 100+ materials from the lost item though...

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
I kinda miss the 100+ materials from the lost item though...
That was insane, lol

Edit: Oh, neat.

1) Expanding your inventory by 5 now costs 20 tickets instead of 50.
2) There is a Scrapbook where you can see what Memories can be unlocked, and there are three in there that appear to use only common furniture.

Last edited:

toythatkills

Oct 26, 2017
London, UK

My point still stands though, collecting those items is going to be essentially impossible without paying a lot of money and hoping for the best. It doesn't matter that some items are there forever when some aren't, because that still means that some aren't.

GeoGonzo

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Madrid, Spain
This bug is pretty amazing:

Sprinkles buys herself something, but totally isnt something she would buy herself
d0RNmVAydaxa1nbo3rkPQU7PnxF6qMiLjhzH4w3rvzQ.jpg

source: reddit

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Memories should be permanently unlocked when you meet the Requirements. Not that I am likely to rewatch..

Mr Delabee

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Opened a cookie that I got rewarded from an animal, landed the king tut mask, which I am now rocking and will forever. RNG god blessed me this time, wiped away all of my past Destiny sins.

Still enjoying this, something I can chat to my wife about as she's as addicted as she's ever been with animal crossing.

Must say I did see someone on reddit said they had spent money on the cookies and had got duplicate items and all I can say to that is.
STOP FUNDING SHIT PRACTICES!
Nothing will ever change if your spending actual earned money on random drop items that can duplicate.

Lusamine

Oct 25, 2017
Opened a cookie that I got rewarded from an animal, landed the king tut mask, which I am now rocking and will forever. RNG god blessed me this time, wiped away all of my past Destiny sins.

Still enjoying this, something I can chat to my wife about as she's as addicted as she's ever been with animal crossing.

Must say I did see someone on reddit said they had spent money on the cookies and had got duplicate items and all I can say to that is.
STOP FUNDING SHIT PRACTICES!
Nothing will ever change if your spending actual earned money on random drop items that can duplicate.
Tell that to Japan.

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
My point still stands though, collecting those items is going to be essentially impossible without paying a lot of money and hoping for the best. It doesn't matter that some items are there forever when some aren't, because that still means that some aren't.

Ah, okay, I understand what happened here. I didn't realize the rare ones can show up for purchase with bells. My first day had two rounds of commons.

Don't they only restock once per day? one 500 bell cookie a day isn't very regular?

That's like the definition of regular, lol

It isn't the most frequent, perhaps. My first day I had two commons, which then were restocked three hours later with two more commons. But today I had one rare and one common, and it won't restock until tomorrow. I'm not sure if that first day was some weird glitch or if they will always restock faster if there are no rares.

Lusamine

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, okay, I understand what happened here. I didn't realize the rare ones can show up for purchase with bells. My first day had two rounds of commons.

That's like the definition of regular, lol

It isn't the most frequent, perhaps. My first day I had two commons, which then were restocked three hours later with two more commons. But today I had one rare and one common, and it won't restock until tomorrow. I'm not sure if that first day was some weird glitch or if they will always restock faster if there are no rares.
Cookies reset midnight Japan so the first "day" you could get 2 rounds because of when the update dropped.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I have all the amenities levelled up now, so I should welcome a new type. But that means new essence which is such a grind at the start.. not sure I can keep going much longer

GeoGonzo

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Madrid, Spain
Ohhh six new animals, and we went back to both earning new essences for inviting villagers and requiring essences to craft some of the items needed.

Also, I just noticed the "favorite all items" in the newcomer's profile. Neat!

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I actually got a notification when the quarry was unlocked. Maybe the update brings meaningful notifications? Previously they'd been seemingly random and not timely at all

GeoGonzo

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Madrid, Spain
I actually got a notification when the quarry was unlocked. Maybe the update brings meaningful notifications? Previously they'd been seemingly random and not timely at all
They absolutely did. Check the settings menu and scroll down, you can enable notifications for all sort of useful things now, instead of simply letting you know a day late whenever a new event starts.

Oct 25, 2017
The first pastry cookie I got for free was the pastry kitchen and my first clothing cookie was the King Tut mask. I think I'll be ok not spending real life money on anything during the lootbox event. I am happy enough with the stuff I got, plus there's like 2 months still

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Strange. I was trying to craft a round table, which required a basic table as an ingredient. Although my crafting menu shows me as having one in my inventory, it refuses to let me craft. Had to make another one.

Include

Oct 25, 2017
So lootbox came to AC... I'm definitely disappointed and won't be buying any.

Either I get lucky and get the item I want from a free drop or I don't... One thing for sure is if all the events will have lootbox then I will stop playing, which is a shame because I have been enjoying this game since its release.

Ellix

Oct 26, 2017
Ontario, Canada
I'm really glad about the QoL improvement for the amenity completion ceremony - it'll automatically pull the campers that aren't maxed level yet, even if they're just visiting the camp area and not invited into your campsite yet. No more annoying camper shuffling just to get those friendship points.

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I got a Napoleonfish from one of the animal request events o.o

it seems to have the same value as a Tuna

DbZilRIXcAcuccI.jpg:small

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Are there perfect coconuts, or just the 5 main fruit?
BTW I realized the answer to this question because all of the perfect fruits are listed on the recreation spot details on the map. And there's no perfect coconut.

edit: woah I didn't know that the special cookies would be available to randomly purchase for coins as well. I thought it was leaf tickets exclusive.

Last edited:

GeoGonzo

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Madrid, Spain
Its different for every player, though. I saw a picture of someone who got two premium cookies on sale for bells, at the same time.
-edit-
Oh hey, they added a new memory, again showing how Sporty animals are universally insufferable.

Last edited: