• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Shang

Oct 27, 2017

Along with showing off the winners of the poll, this video also shows parts of the update rolling out soon.

The AR feature is really cool, but it sucks that they're cutting off some of the playerbase just for it. I have a few people on my friends list that haven't logged on since the update, and one of them is the one I've traded the most gifts with ;_;

Expanding the camp area you can decorate is a very welcome change, though. I got tired of the amenities years ago, so it's nice to use that space for other things.

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
I hate how they deliver new new campers. I just refreshed Gulliver 20x and I still didn't get an island with the new campers! I'm going to go broke... I should probably complete a few of these to remove them from the pool of options.

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I got back in because of the My Nintendo physical rewards. At first i was only doing the requests so I could bag the points. Now I'm pretty much back to the old routine lol. 🤷‍♂️

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
I'm for some reason still playing nearly daily. Level 213! It works kind of like a fidget toy for me, and has been great while working from home sitting on meetings :)

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Does anyone here want to be trading partners for the Sanrio gifts? I'd really like to get all the fans if possible.

Last edited:

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
I really want the Aggretsuko tee but I wish it was in this month's gyroid event versus as a ticket item.

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
oh my god. you don't have to actually place requested furniture anymore in order to fulfill the request. PRAISE TOM NOOK

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
oh my god. you don't have to actually place requested furniture anymore in order to fulfill the request. PRAISE TOM NOOK

Another really minor quality of life update was making it so that when get materials that you're maxed out on (at 999) and the game turns it into bells, players no longer get an individual pop-up notification each time it happens. That was an annoyance when completing tasks every three hours.

On another note: are the Sanrio fans not something that shows up in the catalog? I was looking to see which ones I still needed but I can't find them.

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
Uhh... did anyone see the spawn rate for the King Goliath Frog? That's gotta be a mistake, right? King Koi is 0.0878%, but the frog is 0.0088%.

On another note: are the Sanrio fans not something that shows up in the catalog? I was looking to see which ones I still needed but I can't find them.
Correct, they don't show up in the catalog. You'll have to go to the accessories tab when you're putting on clothes to see which fans you have out of the 16 total.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
I broke down and bought the pink leggings outfit. I normally do not touch the premium items, minus a few hair styles, but it is such a cute look.

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
the worst feeling is when someone sends you a guaranteed fortune cookie gift and you don't have one to return the favour

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
258, but most of my villagers are in the 20-25 level range. I have a few at 50, which were previous helpers for the Happy Helper Plan.

Well, after getting all of the new villagers over the past week or so, I am 386 with the majority of animals in the level 38-45 range, and I have an HH Rank of Legend 61, so I have all of the gold items except for the gold-armor suit you get at Legend 80.

They're totally going to boost max villager level to 55 in a month, aren't they?

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Unexpectedly, there is a new My Nintendo reward for ACPC.

operasnapshot_2021-07dqkkx.png

doesn't cost anything

b00

Oct 28, 2017
So I was wondering if anyone had any extra communicator parts that they wouldn't mind selling to me? I stupidly listed all of mine in my market box while organizing inventory and someone bought them. I'm a weirdo hoarder with ocd and like to keep at least one of each item (especially shell items as they're not listed in the catalog and the communicator parts fall in this category). If there's anything you would like to trade for please let me know! Friend code is 1463 2408 002. Any help is much appreciated!

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
So I was wondering if anyone had any extra communicator parts that they wouldn't mind selling to me? I stupidly listed all of mine in my market box while organizing inventory and someone bought them. I'm a weirdo hoarder with ocd and like to keep at least one of each item (especially shell items as they're not listed in the catalog and the communicator parts fall in this category). If there's anything you would like to trade for please let me know! Friend code is 1463 2408 002. Any help is much appreciated!
Sure. I only have three myself though, so is just one all right?

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
this is one huge update
I wonder if they just repacked everything? The total storage used by the game is still around 1.41 GB.

Heh, I'm the same way and keep 3 of everything. I wouldn't mind selling you a spare communicator if you want another one. I've sent you a friend request, just let me know around when I should put the communicator up for sale.

Has anyone managed to catch the Giant River Prawn, Nomura's Jellyfish, King Goliath Frog, or King Dab? I'd love to buy them just to record them in my catalog. I'd put them right back on sale for you to get back. If anyone needs any of the other rare fish I'd be willing to sell/lend them as well. I also have all of the normal flower variations if anyone wants to breed with them.

b00

Oct 28, 2017
Sure. I only have three myself though, so is just one all right?

Heh, I'm the same way and keep 3 of everything. I wouldn't mind selling you a spare communicator if you want another one. I've sent you a friend request, just let me know around when I should put the communicator up for sale.

Thank you both so much! I'll pm you

Has anyone managed to catch the Giant River Prawn, Nomura's Jellyfish, King Goliath Frog, or King Dab? I'd love to buy them just to record them in my catalog. I'd put them right back on sale for you to get back. If anyone needs any of the other rare fish I'd be willing to sell/lend them as well. I also have all of the normal flower variations if anyone wants to breed with them.

I have all I can sell you except for the king goliath frog which has a spawn rate of 0.00878%(!)

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
I have all I can sell you except for the king goliath frog which has a spawn rate of 0.00878%(!)
Thanks again for the sea creatures! Still missing that elusive King Goliath Frog. I'm certain they put that spawn rate in wrong, lol.

And did anyone else get freaked out by the new ground insects? I was like, "What the hell is that?!"

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
The auto-designer feature is a neat idea but is completely ruined by changing the camp terrain back to default.

It should keep whatever terrain you already have set.

davitxi

Jan 17, 2019
I'm coming back to the game after a long break... and I'm a bit lost. Last time I played, max level for villagers was 25. Most of my old villagers are between 20 and 25, but I'm still missing a lot of the newer villagers. Most of them are related to Gulliver from what I can see. My level is 145.

What should I focus on? Should I be crafting duplicated furniture for Gulliver? And should I spend snacks for the new villagers to boost their levels?

Thanks!

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I'm coming back to the game after a long break... and I'm a bit lost. Last time I played, max level for villagers was 25. Most of my old villagers are between 20 and 25, but I'm still missing a lot of the newer villagers. Most of them are related to Gulliver from what I can see. My level is 145.

What should I focus on? Should I be crafting duplicated furniture for Gulliver? And should I spend snacks for the new villagers to boost their levels?

Thanks!
Well, since they "fixed" the Gulliver system, you don't need to craft things to ship anymore. Just sending crafting materials should do the trick. Pretty much the only way they add new villagers now is via Gulliver so just refresh the islands until you get a Villager island and spend your crafting materials on it. (I assume if you're level 145 then you should have 999 of everything, and it replenishes quickly when you use them).

I don't think it's necessary to level up villagers beyond level 20; you don't really get anything for it.

Last edited:

davitxi

Jan 17, 2019
Well, since they "fixed" the Gulliver system, you don't need to craft things to ship anymore. Just sending crafting materials should do the trick. Pretty much the only way they add new villagers now is via Gulliver so just refresh the islands until you get a Villager island and spend your crafting materials on it. (I assume if you're level 145 then you should have 999 of everything, and it replenishes quickly when you use them).

I don't think it's necessary to level up villagers beyond level 20; you don't really get anything for it.

Thanks! It's great to know that I can use my crafting materials for that

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
They really need to add the ability to insta-clear multiple of Blathers' maps at once. (Only with bells, not with Leaf Tickets, to prevent players from accidentally going through them.)

I keep having to insta-clear my Bells maps, one by one, because they keep hitting 999.

famicorpse

Unshakable Resolve
Banned
Mar 15, 2019
Can't wait to get the villagers in Pocket Camp...lord knows I won't be able to get those Amiibo cards for ACNH T___T

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
I started playing this again recently. I played a lot at launch and then fell off hard because the game started to feel really limited and boring, but the camp helper subscription and overall amount of new content/QoL features since I last played made me like it again. The crafting wait times in particular being basically eliminated with the sub really improves the experience, pretty much the only things I can't craft instantly are the highest tier amenities.

My player ID is 1045 9442 617, add me if you want.

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
Kind of a subdued anniversary. The lowest amount of free LT ever, no anniversary pack, no anniversary furniture/clothes, and worst of all, no cake! They also stopped doing fortune cookie videos months ago, which makes me wonder if the game isn't doing too well financially.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Kind of a subdued anniversary. The lowest amount of free LT ever, no anniversary pack, no anniversary furniture/clothes, and worst of all, no cake! They also stopped doing fortune cookie videos months ago, which makes me wonder if the game isn't doing too well financially.

So I wasn't alone in feeling that the anniversary event didn't feel as big as previous years, eh?

They keep adding new villagers the usual monthly events, so I'm not sure what to think.

I will say that I'm kind of surprised they haven't started selling packs of treats for real money though.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I find it funny that the game has been out for over four years and there has literally never been a bug tournament despite there being a section for bug event items.

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
Whoa, they're giving away furniture warehouse storage for free. I actually had to buy a month of the storage plan a few months ago because I was frequently hitting the limit. Curious what they'll replace it with to make the plan worth it. Although, I really wish they'd let us buy permanent saved set slots.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
5.0 update is up now. No idea what's in this.

Fancy new title screen though.

Edit: This is a big one.

- You can now invite 16 guests to the campsite, an upgrade from 8.
- Home screen widget added.
- New HH classes.
- Friendship level increased to 62.
- Customizable planner/calendar added.
- New 'Merry Memories Plan' added for 99 cents a month with additional seasonal event rewards, customizations for the planner, leaf tickets, etc.
- The additional seasonal rewards seems to basically be a battle pass.

Last edited: