• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I dunno why but I love Francine, but Chrissy bugs me

It's just a gut reaction, I can't explain it

Oct 28, 2017
They honestly need to space these events out a little more. They're overwhelming.
Agreed. I love playing the game, but the time investment gets daunting when they never stop adding content.

I dunno why but I love Francine, but Chrissy bugs me

It's just a gut reaction, I can't explain it
I adore all of the Rabbits but Francine is way better than Chrissy. (Though Snake is the best.) Any chance it is the same reason as mine? She was one of my random villagers in a previous game and I got used to seeing her all the time.

Lusamine

Oct 25, 2017
Crafting events like last a day or 2 though.

I enjoy that Chrissy and Francine are sisters and Bubblegum KK is one of the best.

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I adore all of the Rabbits but Francine is way better than Chrissy. (Though Snake is the best.) Any chance it is the same reason as mine? She was one of my random villagers in a previous game and I got used to seeing her all the time.
lol nah it's not that. never had either before in my villages. It might be their eyes. Chrissy's eyes kinda freak me out.

Ellix

Oct 26, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Next Splatfest: Chrissy vs. Francine?

I'm surprised that three of the new campers were categorized as Cool. It's the one essence I've not needed for quite a long time. Maybe they're not going to budge the Lv.20 limit until they introduce campers for all the different categories? (Elegant, Harmonious, Historical, Modern, etc.)

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Not a huge fan of crafting events because I feel the need to do requests for maxed out animals which I usually skip. Still way better than flower events..

Edit: I know - I'll do four request rounds but if there are any lv20 animals I'll skip those and do two requests for a lower level instead

Last edited:

jts

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm not a huge AC veteran as I just played a fair bit of New Leaf, but Eugene is my first very familiar face (I did know some of the others but not as well).

Need Snake tho. Nintendo pls.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
I thought I'd found a bug but I was just being dumb.

img_0214e0u3z.png

I couldn't make that rug because I needed the basic rug first, but I have the basic rug in my inventory. Turns out the basic rug was in my van! I go in there so rarely I forgot what stuff I have. It'd be nice if this was shown in the UI like it is when rearranging your campsite and van.

Last edited:

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I bought the Crystal Craft pack because ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

honestly I think my google survey credit is going to expire anyway, not like i spend it on anything else

jts

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
To be clear, the trial challenges relating to dressing up animals, require buying and using NEW clothes as per the text, right? Because I see no other reason why I didn't pass the challenge for the pink glasses after putting them on Francine.

edit: of course it is, and of course those are craftable clothes, I had completely forgotten about them and was just going to the marketplace to try and find dupes.

Last edited:

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I'd totally forgotten about crafting clothes. Beatnik shirt on the way

I need to start crafting clothes etc instead of selling materials when I hit 999

toythatkills

Oct 26, 2017
London, UK
Since requesting help I've helped 7 people get to the quarry today, but only two people have helped me. People are ruuuuuude!

If you're asking for help, I mean, surely it's only polite to lend a hand at the same time?

jts

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Since requesting help I've helped 7 people get to the quarry today, but only two people have helped me. People are ruuuuuude!

If you're asking for help, I mean, surely it's only polite to lend a hand at the same time?
For me those are completely asynchronous actions, especially as they made requesting help a breeze but helping still a pain in the ass :D

Mo0

Oct 25, 2017
My friends list is withering with lapsed players - I'm not a super active player but I'm suffering getting my free quarry lately.

Im at 34275963884 if anyone would want to add.

I'd be putting this in the discord but the OP's discord link is dead.

Nuke

Oct 25, 2017
Mirassol, SP, Brazil
I bought the Crystal Craft pack because ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

honestly I think my google survey credit is going to expire anyway, not like i spend it on anything else

Same here. After all the quality of life and frequent content they have been adding, I felt that they deserve some money. So I bought the Crystal pack and other Leaf ticket pack, even if I don't need them.

If they keep up improving the game, I'll buy every pack from now on.

Now I would like to return to where I was at the friend list when I enter someone profile to check the items they're selling or to help with the quarry. Bothers me a little that I return to the top of the list every time.

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
I feel that the addition of the lost items and the balloons does a lot to make the game feel more like Animal Crossing. Both were fun little random events to stumble upon in the main games, and are so here as well.

Mo0

Oct 25, 2017
I feel that the addition of the lost items and the balloons does a lot to make the game feel more like Animal Crossing. Both were fun little random events to stumble upon in the main games, and are so here as well.
Not only that, but they're daily events that sort of narrow the difference between people who play once a day and people who play all day. It's helped make the progression feel a bit smoother.

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
God since they added that feature to ask 10 friends for quarry help at a time, I am getting way more requests to fulfill each day

need a way to respond to multiple requests together now, lol

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's way too early to be teasing spring, don't get my hopes up Animal Crossing team :(

toythatkills

Oct 26, 2017
London, UK
God since they added that feature to ask 10 friends for quarry help at a time, I am getting way more requests to fulfill each day

need a way to respond to multiple requests together now, lol

Don't forget that there's an event on. I don't bother with the quarry when there's no event, or when it's flowers, because there's no point. I'm not bothered about essences and stuff because I'll get them eventually. So more people would be asking for help anyways.

Still gonna maintain that people have no right to ask for help if they're not helping other people though, even if it takes a bit longer!

Oct 28, 2017
Sad to report that my crashing and forced hard reset issues are getting worse and worse with each update. I can't really afford to upgrade my device right now, so I may end up quitting because I can't fish, get fruit, or do requests in Lost Lure Creek at all.

If anyone has a tip to help lower the frequency of crashes on older iOS devices it would be greatly appreciated. I already tried a few things, like a fresh install of the game, turning on Power Saving and turning off the music, but they haven't helped at all.

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
Sad to report that my crashing and forced hard reset issues are getting worse and worse with each update. I can't really afford to upgrade my device right now, so I may end up quitting because I can't fish, get fruit, or do requests in Lost Lure Creek at all.

If anyone has a tip to help lower the frequency of crashes on older iOS devices it would be greatly appreciated. I already tried a few things, like a fresh install of the game, turning on Power Saving and turning off the music, but they haven't helped at all.
Have you tried force closing recent apps before playing? (Double clicking home and swiping them away.) In the past when I had issues with apps crashing, if I forced closed several recent apps that could still be in memory that sometimes helped.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Completed my bounce-house amenity, and started on my level 5 rock stage. After that I only need to lvl 5 the pool to max out everything (other than the bounce-house).

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
Completed my bounce-house amenity, and started on my level 5 rock stage. After that I only need to lvl 5 the pool to max out everything (other than the bounce-house).
I just have to wait two more days for my level 5 castle of bounce to finish and I'm all done with amenities. I might quit the game after that. When I saw a new event on the horizon I died a little inside. That can't be good! :D

Oct 28, 2017
Have you tried force closing recent apps before playing? (Double clicking home and swiping them away.) In the past when I had issues with apps crashing, if I forced closed several recent apps that could still be in memory that sometimes helped.
I'm a compulsive app closer. Drives my spouse crazy because I'll close apps if I have their iPhone in my hands for more than 5 seconds.

I just cleared my campgrounds of every item except for the amenity that I'm currently working on upgrading (Bouncy Cake). And stopped sending data. Let's see if either of those helps at all.