• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
NoA is processing the bags for the giveaway winners based off the email I received from them.

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
I'm ready for some new Animal Crossing as I've played pocket camp enough I think...
ETeKbx_XkAAMjAr

Still TBD if I'll keep playing ACPC...

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
idk what i'll do. it's gonna be really weird not to check into ACPC at least once a day, usually three or more times, but i'm not sure i can handle more than one Animal Crossing in my life at a time

i'll try to stay up to date on if they do any cool new events in ACPC

lupinko

Oct 26, 2017
I just started playing this yesterday to get a better understanding for Animal Crossing. I'm kinda getting hyped for New Horizons, I do own New Leaf via Club Nintendo, but I never played it. I might play it now after playing this app for a couple of hours.

Anyway I'd be happy to add anyone to my friends list. My FC is 3119 5217 698 and IGN is Momo.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
I just started playing this yesterday to get a better understanding for Animal Crossing. I'm kinda getting hyped for New Horizons, I do own New Leaf via Club Nintendo, but I never played it. I might play it now after playing this app for a couple of hours.

Anyway I'd be happy to add anyone to my friends list. My FC is 3119 5217 698 and IGN is Momo.
I will let you know that Pocket Camp is very much a streamlined version of the main games wrapped up in a F2P mobile box.

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't given up on ACPC just yet... I did finish the current event already thanks to a couple of good quarry runs. And I finally got Happy Homeroom Master Rank!

Though I may now slack off for awhile and focus on ACNH. I'm sure once this lockdown is over and I don't have my switch around, ACPC will still have its place.

Piggychan

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't given up on ACPC just yet... I did finish the current event already thanks to a couple of good quarry runs. And I finally got Happy Homeroom Master Rank!

Though I may now slack off for awhile and focus on ACNH. I'm sure once this lockdown is over and I don't have my switch around, ACPC will still have its place.

don't forget the new villagers

gVOWHnn.png

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
i haven't logged on in several days

am i out?

i might be out

meanwhile, i can't put down New Horizons...

I think long term the thing about Pocket Camp that will stick with me the most is how it introduced me to and familiarized me with so many characters from the series whom I hadn't encountered before.

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
So they're finally adding saved layouts, but it looks like they're going to be paywalled to the more expensive subscription plan. They should've given everyone at least one extra layout for free. I do wonder if you can subscribe once, save the 5 layouts, but still be able to use those layouts when the subscription ends.

I think long term the thing about Pocket Camp that will stick with me the most is how it introduced me to and familiarized me with so many characters from the series whom I hadn't encountered before.
One thing I like is that I can choose to have any villager in my camp at any time. It's disappointing that NH still limits you to only 10.

I'll still play PC casually, as they furniture and unique animations are still adorable. Still hoping they port some over to NH.

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
I really wish the saved layouts were just one-time purchases like the extra crafting slots. It sounds like once you've saved something in a slot you'll be able to use it even after your sub ends, though, so it might be worth it to subscribe once just to store layouts.

I'm kinda surprised how much of my friends list has stopped playing altogether. I used to have around 36 fairly active friends, but now that's down to 18, and even those sometimes go more than a day without playing.

m4st4

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Posted in OT but perhaps this is a better place? I have peaches, oranges and coconuts on my island right now, need anything else. Wanna visit? Never played co-op or AC before NH. I guess all you need is a dodo code right? Feel free to pm, thanks!

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
Well, I better start on those so I can collect them by the time the next batch drops... Though I wonder how long they'll keep this up.

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
Dang... I was thinking one of my favorite NH villagers, Jacob, still isn't in Pocket Camp. But that's still quite a difference.

The spooky gyroids are cool.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
There are plans for a large update in November that for iPhone users will not be compatible will devices running iOS older than 11.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Kind of annoying that you need to react to photos instead of just giving a quick kudos for that mission each week.
While I do like the feature, I think it or some other feature in the friends list needs to move as it is very crowded with it, the gifting feature, and the quarry help requests.

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
Part of me is glad that pointless kudos button is gone, but I should try gifting some of those gifts... On the plus side, Jacob is one of the new campers! He's become my favorite villager in NH. Now the long slog to try and get him.

Also, I'd been meaning to post this from last week:)

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
So has anyone here bothered to do the cross-pollination stuff to get all the flower trade items?

It's basically the only thing I haven't put effort into because it just seems to time-consuming and unfun.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
So has anyone here bothered to do the cross-pollination stuff to get all the flower trade items?

It's basically the only thing I haven't put effort into because it just seems to time-consuming and unfun.
No, I have only a few of them. That, the most recent gold items that were added to the HHA thing, and the Break Tapper items make up most of the non-premium items I have yet to catalog.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
No, I have only a few of them. That, the most recent gold items that were added to the HHA thing, and the Break Tapper items make up most of the non-premium items I have yet to catalog.

Yeah, I got the the set of the new gold items from Legend rank 1 (toilet, tub, shower fixture) but not the later ones. But those are apparently way off at Legend rank 30 (gold cat, gold piggy bank) and rank 60 (giant dharma and gold tanuki). I'm Legend rank 11 so that's... a while from now.

I have everything from Brake Tapper (three shirts and the OK Motors sign) except the Giovanni statue. I need like 3,500 more caps to get it but that requires playing Brake Tapper.

The flower stuff though? Oof. I read a guide on the best way to get seeds for the uncommon pansies and tulips and it's just so time-consuming.

They should add a new way to get seeds for those. Maybe as another option to spend caps on or something.

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
So the gift system is a bust, right? They're just so rare to come by. Unless you have a real-life friend (or alt account) to coordinate with, it'll be very difficult to get 30 gifts sent/received in order to be able to send the gifts with guaranteed cookies.

Heh, I put it off for two years but I'm actually in the middle of finally doing this right now. They added the ability to cross-pollinate multiple flowers at a time a few months ago and it makes the process much less of a cumbersome slog than it was before, so I figured what the hell. There's a good guide on Gamepedia, though I'm not following the Quick Guide too strictly. I'm casually making my way through the Tulips first and the only hard part was getting the first Blue seed. I'll save you the trouble and just say that you should find a friend who has a Blue in their garden as it makes the process much faster.

Really, the key to cross-pollination is to get that first seed. For most of the colors, it's a matter of leaving one of that color in your garden, then just buying and growing seeds from Lloyd to cross-pollinate with that color. Blue Tulips are a bit trickier because it's difficult to get that first Blue, and you can't use Lloyd Orange (O/W) to directly get more Blues. Instead, you have to cross Lloyd Orange (O/W) with Blues to get Orange (O/B) and White (W/B), and then cross those O/B and W/B back with Blue to get more Blue. Basically, once I got my first Blue it was a matter of leaving one in my garden and just throwing Oranges at it. I would plant any Orange or White seeds I got as a result of the cross, then bought Orange seeds from Lloyd to fill out the rest of my garden. Rinse and repeat. I'd say that once I got a Blue, it took me 2-3 weeks of cross-pollinating to get 145 seeds needed for the color set. The more common colors take a little less time since they don't need the extra step that Blue takes.

Anyway, if anyone's interested you can add me (9583 3777 490) and I'll leave one of each Tulip color up for a few days so you can get those key starter seeds. I haven't started on Pansies yet, however.

Break Tapper, though, good lord. I would pay LT just to get those freaking medals, lol.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
So the gift system is a bust, right? They're just so rare to come by. Unless you have a real-life friend (or alt account) to coordinate with, it'll be very difficult to get 30 gifts sent/received in order to be able to send the gifts with guaranteed cookies.
I have been able to work with one person on my friend list to get up to 30, but I do think the system needs to be reworked.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I decided to finally get the last thing from the Brake Tapper game, which is a statue for like 10,000 caps. I just went from 6,000 caps to 7,600 and I want to delete my phone.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I guess it's just me now. :(

So, after three years, I just now realized there is a 'share' button at the bottom of the garden screen.

I have spent three years going into my friends list and sharing that way.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
I guess it's just me now. :(

So, after three years, I just now realized there is a 'share' button at the bottom of the garden screen.

I have spent three years going into my friends list and sharing that way.
I am honestly not sure if the share button has been there the whole time and even if it was, I do like using the friends list because you can use the history tab to try and "return" critters to those who gave some to you.

GeekyDad

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
USA
I think I'm about right at three years LTTP, but I finally downloaded it today. Stayed away because, well, the FTP thing on mobile devices...but I needed something on my phone and I love the franchise, and the gacha thing doesn't too strong with it. So, I look forward to fooling with it a bit here and there. We'll see...

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
I wish more of the second anniversary items meshed well with the first anniversary items and the current third anniversary items. I love the blue in them, but it does not go well with the lighter and pastel colors of the others. Or the ground from the first anniversary.

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
i can already feel my phone absolutely creaking under the weight of the new update (it apparently barely meets the requirements)

fortunately i'm finally getting a new phone this year -- hoping for a good black friday deal

i only hopped back into the ACPC grind to get my nintendo points for those new physical awards

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017

Along with showing off the winners of the poll, this video also shows parts of the update rolling out soon.