• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Piggychan

Oct 25, 2017
I stopped spending leaf tickets a long time ago. So it's embarrassing how many I've accumulated...

Does anyone know how many villagers there are now? I can't seem to find an updated number. After a rush of maps, I'm at 176. The last couple ship refreshes had nothing new, and so I wasn't sure if there were more.

I have 178 and still a few more to catch

EDIT

4hM0HOM.png

Last edited:

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
I stopped spending leaf tickets a long time ago. So it's embarrassing how many I've accumulated...

Does anyone know how many villagers there are now? I can't seem to find an updated number. After a rush of maps, I'm at 176. The last couple ship refreshes had nothing new, and so I wasn't sure if there were more.
They added 6 new villager maps (over 2 islands) on the 25th. I didn't even notice until one of the islands popped up on a refresh. The notice for it is on the second page of Notices, but I don't remember ever seeing it.

So, yeah, should be 184 total now.

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
I have 178 and still a few more to catch
They added 6 new villager maps (over 2 islands) on the 25th. I didn't even notice until one of the islands popped up on a refresh. The notice for it is on the second page of Notices, but I don't remember ever seeing it.

So, yeah, should be 184 total now.
Thanks for the info. I refreshed a few times, and got a new island with 3 more! I probably should complete a few to remove them from the rotation, but with 10+ million bells at my disposal 10k is chump change:)

Piggychan

Oct 25, 2017
Oh I don't recall ever using wiki for pocket camp. Ah well now it's done I can just concentrate on the gardening event and when that's done slow down and hopefully not feel burnt out when the main game hits the switch

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I have 180, so looks like I'm missing the maps from one island. (Actually 166 because I haven't done 14 maps yet... 😅)

TheGrue

Oct 25, 2017
Glad I happened to see this thread. I was at 180 villagers and it made me realize I only had 3 more to get so kept refreshing the islands until I got the last one I needed.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
I wish this ferris wheel was an amenity and not just regular furniture considering how big it is.

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
Yay! I completed all the shells. I didn't think I would since those blue ones never seemed to appear... but then just now I got like 3 of them at once.

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
Check your emails for the subject "Nintendo fans, we value your feedback." It's a survey about Pocket Camp and asks some interesting questions about the subscription plans and possible new features. Unfortunately the survey can only be taken once per link, so it can't be shared.

I've been dying for saved layouts for ages. A bit of a shame that they're looking to include it only as part of the subscription plan, though. I think maybe the most best thing to do would be to give everyone 1 extra layout for free, then have more layouts behind the paywall. If they include layouts as part of the $3 plan and improve other aspects (fulfilling requests gives friendship points, more creatures/fish/gyroids), then I might consider subscribing.

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
Check your emails for the subject "Nintendo fans, we value your feedback." It's a survey about Pocket Camp and asks some interesting questions about the subscription plans and possible new features. Unfortunately the survey can only be taken once per link, so it can't be shared.

I've been dying for saved layouts for ages. A bit of a shame that they're looking to include it only as part of the subscription plan, though. I think maybe the most best thing to do would be to give everyone 1 extra layout for free, then have more layouts behind the paywall. If they include layouts as part of the $3 plan and improve other aspects (fulfilling requests gives friendship points, more creatures/fish/gyroids), then I might consider subscribing.

Interesting. I found that email... but my survey was about Ring fit Adventure:)

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone expecting some kind of link to Horizons?
I think they said there'd be no direct connectivity. They mentioned collaboration items, but I don't think there'll be a way to transfer furniture between the games.

There was mention of in-app purchases for NH, however. I'd totally pay $30 for an expansion pass that had all of the Pocket Camp furniture. There's a lot of unique items and animations that I really hope make it into the main game.

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
on that note, is anyone actually planning to keep playing this after New Horizons comes out?

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI

You should be able to have an additional set of villagers on the second floor. Sucks that you can't.

On another note, I've maxed out my HH Rank for now at Master Rank 20. So here's my question: if I get new medals, will the game remember them the next time they expand the max rank level?

Or am I essentially just wasting them if I get them now?

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
You should be able to have an additional set of villagers on the second floor. Sucks that you can't.

On another note, I've maxed out my HH Rank for now at Master Rank 20. So here's my question: if I get new medals, will the game remember them the next time they expand the max rank level?

Or am I essentially just wasting them if I get them now?
The game keeps track of total medals in the upper right corner of the HH screen, so if they ever do add new levels then the medals should count.

GeoGonzo

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Madrid, Spain
Oh those absolute dicks, I gave up on this game precisely when they explicitly confirmed no crossing over between the two games, a few months ago.

Just kidding, though! I'm actually glad for those who are still playing.

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
Nice! I knew there was a reason I played Pocket Camp almost every day the past two years:)

Once New Horizons launches I'm not sure I have time for two Animal Crossings in my life... but at the same time, I don't carry my Switch with me everywhere I go.

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
Today's direct confirmed cross over items between Pocket Camp and New Horizons.
I saw the fortune cookie stand in NH and almost had a heart attack. But I think it's just going to be special furniture. For better or worse, I doubt they're gonna have the fortune cookie stuff available in NH.

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I was just thinking it'd be neat if there were ACNH DLC that functioned kind of like how Gulliver does in Pocket Camp.

Basically, the DLC would give you access to several "mystery Islands", and to get to each island you need to build the right DIY items that would be the cargo he wants to ship there. But then instead of just sending Gulliver off, you go with him, and you get to explore the island, and presumably find cool exclusive stuff there, and meet brand new animals created for the DLC. Then convince them to move to your own island.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Minor QOL change that finally happened: when looking at items to trade for in the garden, it shows you if you already have the item or not. Now just add a "ask all friends for help at once" option for the quarry and we good.

On another note, there should honestly never be a time where there aren't any reissue items that you can craft. But here we are.