• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
Can I freely play the game between multiple devices if I link the same MyNintendo Account to each one? I.E., if I play on my iPad at home would it then transfer my latest save when I play on my Android phone?

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Can I freely play the game between multiple devices if I link the same MyNintendo Account to each one? I.E., if I play on my iPad at home would it then transfer my latest save when I play on my Android phone?
Yes. Only the leaf tickets won't go from one account to the other so keep them in your mailbox and open them on the device you want to use them on.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Does this game have random weather effects?

It feels like an Animal Crossing clicker game with some social elements. Not bad, but not Animal Crossing.

I hope it doesn't become a problem for me like Crazy Taxi Gazillionaire.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
This is probably a stupid question but are tents permanently yours? Like, if I upgrade my natural tent to level 3 but replace it with a cute tent to level up some other animals, will I retain the level 3 natural tent to place down again later?

GeoGonzo

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Madrid, Spain

empty feat

Oct 29, 2017
Yorkshire, UK
This might've been covered already, but I'm getting bells in the mail from friends. How do I return the favor?
I think it's linked to helping people at the Quarry. So once 5+ people accept your request, and you go smash some rocks, they get a reward based on your returns.

edit.
The recycled dialog and just lack of AC charm/ puns are a real missed opportunity here. But hey, here I am still playing anyway.

GeoGonzo

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Madrid, Spain
This might've been covered already, but I'm getting bells in the mail from friends. How do I return the favor?
I'm not 100% sure about this but I think it works like this:
- To get into the Quarry a player asks for help from as many friends they want to.
- If these players answer they are tagged as helpers by the game but still earn nothing until...
- Once the original player enters the Quarry every single friend tagged as a helper receives 100 bells in the mail. The player doesn't actually lose money.

If so, the most beneficial way of playing would be to ask every friend for help first thing in the morning but only visit the quarry late at night, to give people time to help so they can earn the money.

juxjuxjux

Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area, CA
I think it's linked to helping people at the Quarry. So once 5+ people accept your request, and you go smash some rocks, they get a reward based on your returns.

edit.
The recycled dialog and just lack of AC charm/ puns are a real missed opportunity here. But hey, here I am still playing anyway.

I'm not 100% sure about this but I think it works like this:
- To get into the Quarry a player asks for help from as many friends they want to.
- If these players answer they are tagged as helpers by the game but still earn nothing until...
- Once the original player enters the Quarry every single friend tagged as a helper receives 100 bells in the mail. The player doesn't actually lose money.

If so, the most beneficial way of playing would be to ask every friend for help first thing in the morning but only visit the quarry late at night, to give people time to help so they can earn the money.

Perfect! This makes sense, thanks for the heads up!

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately, the quarry seems to reset every 6 hours, so it won't necessarily be for anything you want at that point. Which is annoying.

Rozart

Oct 28, 2017
I'm really surprised that they didn't include a checklist for all the bugs/fishes that you've caught.

Also, is anyone selling 3 fruit beetles? I'm on the lookout for some.
EDIT: Found some!

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
Do you have to be a certain level to get Beppe's special designs for campers?

Talk to Giovanni, he has all the options.

Unfortunately, the quarry seems to reset every 6 hours, so it won't necessarily be for anything you want at that point. Which is annoying.

Only the item given resets every 6 3 hours, you can hold out until you see a reward you want. However, at midnight you will lose all accumulated shovels and each helper will be sent 10 Bells instead of 100. Just use your shovels before the daily reset and you will be fine.

Last edited:

DarkWish

Oct 27, 2017
Virginia
A couple of questions:
1) How do I rotate out villagers from my campsite? I see the option to call other villagers. Will calling them swap with an existing one?
2) is it better to have villagers at your campsite or not? Aside from having them as a constant, is there any other kind of bonus you get for this?
3) I did the quarry twice and got some rubies, gold nuggets, silver nuggets, etc. How do I see them after the fact? I heard they can be used for crafting or you can sell them but I can't find them in the menu anywhere now that I have some.

Honestly, I'm enjoying this more than I thought I would. I love Animal Crossing but mobile games don't usually get me hooked. But this definitely has. It has the charm of the usual Animal Crossing games. Plus it's fun that a bunch of my family and friends are playing it too. We'll see how long that lasts.

Ghostbound

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
1) How do I rotate out villagers from my campsite? I see the option to call other villagers. Will calling them swap with an existing one?

Click the cat symbol on the right side of the screen. Inviting someone new won't automatically switch them with another villager. If you don't have enough room they'll still join and you'll have to manually swap them in.

3) I did the quarry twice and got some rubies, gold nuggets, silver nuggets, etc. How do I see them after the fact? I heard they can be used for crafting or you can sell them but I can't find them in the menu anywhere now that I have some.

They're converted into money.

Andamo

Oct 27, 2017
Somehow the animal I have the highest friendship level with isn't even one staying at my camp. Do I first have to invite them to my camp in order to get the big rewards for leveling up friendship with them (unique shirt, furniture, and picture)?

Deleted member 19218

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not a fan of the cluttered UI.

I got counters for the level, bells and leaf tickets horizontally along the top with an add just underneath on the left side. Then vertically along the right I got several different menus and then another set of menus along the bottom horizontally.

Maybe such an option exists but I wish there was a UI quick toggle button so I can quickly turn it on and off by tapping the upper right corner for example. Otherwise, the UI really makes it feel like a mobile game which it is but at least when I play Mario Run it's not cluttered.

HighFive

Oct 25, 2017
Ok. Going to write a mini two day impression-review about it.

It got the look. It got the caracters. You can catch fish, insect, fruits, and depending if your willing to spend tickets or got some friends help, go smash rocks to get crafting loots. You just need to repeate the process to level your friendship level with each caracter by giving them things you catch. You can build your camp as you wish. But the 4 areas you can go to catch things , well, there is nothing much else to do there. You just wait like those mobile game for time to repeate the same things, go next level in order to unlock new items. After two days, i feel iv seen enough. There is nothing more in it to do. It just doesnt have the magic, entertainment New Leaf is giving me. It is what it is, a mobile game, and it doesnt stand out. I honestly expect more out of it. It doesnt satisfy my craving of a new Animal Crossing game. Was all excited to try it, and now , after two days, i know going back at it it will be a repeate of the things i did. New Leaf is just more entertaining, way more.

Oct 25, 2017
China
I'm looking to add some friends.

6zOIu0r.jpgS

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
I'm at that weird 'I hate this boring game and I want to play it all the time' stage. I haven't played Animal Crossing since the Gamecube, and I remember that game was a lot more engaging than this one. I used to write letters to people, and I had a museum. But watching little bars fill up and go DING DING and spit out rewards is addictive. I should delete this game right now.

Tomorrow. I'll delete it tomorrow.

MattD

Nov 4, 2017
I'm no longer really enjoying this. I think I'll go from playing nonstop to only checking it every three hours or something. At least until there's an update that adds some more stuff to do.

juxjuxjux

Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area, CA
I'm no longer really enjoying this. I think I'll go from playing nonstop to only checking it every three hours or something. At least until there's an update that adds some more stuff to do.
Curious to see if seasonal changes affect this game like they do in AC proper. That would be an easy hook to lure me back into the game (even though I'm still enjoying myself currently) as time goes on.

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I think after the first couple of hours, the game is really only meant to be played for like 10-15 minutes every three hours (when the timer resets)

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
I think after the first couple of hours, the game is really only meant to be played for like 10-15 minutes every three hours (when the timer resets)

That's how I've been playing it from the start, and even then I don't see myself on a schedule around the game. It's just a poop in for 10 minutes here and there.

Owari

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So is there any reason not to sell the furniture after you've added villagers to the camp?

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
So is there any reason not to sell the furniture after you've added villagers to the camp?
Money is easier to come by than time and materials. There's little incentive to sell furniture you already invested time and materials into unless somehow you are totally broke and need money asap for something else. Keeping the furniture around gives you more options for decorating your camper and camp site. Why sell?

Owari

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Money is easier to come by than time and materials. There's little incentive to sell furniture you already invested time and materials into unless somehow you are totally broke and need money asap for something else. Keeping the furniture around gives you more options for decorating your camper and camp site. Why sell?
Dunno. I had accidentally made two of an item and sold one and it got me some pretty decent bells. I really want to pay this camper off (150k left..)

mogster7777

Oct 27, 2017
So what's the consensus on this game? The last one I played was the 3ds one (or was it ds) I enjoyed it but it got a bit repetitive. Felt like like stardew valley was a natural evolvement of this type of game.