• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
My other half has started playing and she has no friends on it to help her out with the Quarry, other than me, so she's feeling a little bummed out. She's not a big gamer other than an occasional bit of 3DS.

Show her some love please Era <3.

ID - 49970550315

Last edited:

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
mdHPVj8.jpg
Yay all invited now with 1 crafting slot; coulda probably shaved a day or 2 off

Nice! I've only got around five animals invited so far. At some point do you have to kick animals out of your campsite to get new ones to come? Presumably there isn't enough room for 40 animals to be milling around at one time. Or at some point does it become random which ones are there at any given time?

Yukinari

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Danger Zone
Nice! I've only got around five animals invited so far. At some point do you have to kick animals out of your campsite to get new ones to come? Presumably there isn't enough room for 40 animals to be milling around at one time. Or at some point does it become random which ones are there at any given time?

You can choose any 8 in your camp. Once they officially join you can have them come and go whenever you want.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
What was the point of the soft launch if the game is still full of errors and kick to title screen.
Anyway I'm already level 21, it's pretty fun but those errors are just awful.

Scythe

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Not sure why it crashes and receives errors the most during this time of the day. Attempted to go to the quarry and it exited the app.

Antony

Oct 25, 2017
PlayStation Home
After two full days I only have four stretch goals left. Oops.

I've hit the point where a lot of my camp are maxed so I'm wasting experience. Time to start ignoring everybody.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
After two full days I only have four stretch goals left. Oops.

I've hit the point where a lot of my camp are maxed so I'm wasting experience. Time to start ignoring everybody.
Wow. Animal Crossing is about going at a chill pace remember lol

About to choose my first special structure. Does this have a long term impact on the game? So if I choose the glamping tent, which has a normal attribute, will I have to start focusing only on normal campers because they're the only ones that get the max level boost?

Xequalsy

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Servers seem a little better today. Yesterday I couldn't play at all during this time.

Still enjoying the game. It helps that I don't do the grindy stuff too much.

Terranort

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, the servers seem more stable today. They did say that they were working on them. It is good to see that they are trying to improve them.

I just got to level 16, and some of my campers to 7 friendship and they gave me their shirts. Lewd xd

I am still enjoying this game quite a bit, although it is making me play a "real" animal crossing game, I should finally try and get new leaf.

CorKas64

Oct 30, 2017
Oklahoma
Looking for a few adds, at level 12 and climbing, Market Purchases, Kudos and Quarrys for all! If we can get through the server errors that is.

ID: 3695 1667 384 (Chickfila)

HeySeuss

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I'm only at level 7 but I only play short bursts. Knock the requests out for each animal, tick off some of the timed and stretch goals and come back to it later.

Feel free to add me as I haven't been able to do the quarry yet.

Oct 27, 2017
Rotherham, England
My ID is 6460 6481 996 (CheeseClod).

I'm only level 8 and I haven't been to the quarry yet either.

It might be an idea if we could get all of our IDs on the main post so we don't have to go searching through the thread.

billysea

Banned
Nov 18, 2017
The loading in this game is terrible.... as a matter of fact, ALL Nintendo's mobile games load super long. Miitomo, Super Mario Run, Pokemon Go etc all load forever, a lot of pop up messages, and drain a lot of battery.

RedBlue

Oct 27, 2017
Queens, NY
Any idea about lucky items and Feng Shui in Pocket Camp? I'm trying to follow the feng shui guide for past AC games, but I'm not sure if I'm supposed to do that with the camp or just in the creep van.

Also, feels like K.K. Is my slave now. Dude's been playing nonstop for more than 24 hours now.

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2017
The loading in this game is terrible.... as a matter of fact, ALL Nintendo's mobile games load super long. Miitomo, Super Mario Run, Pokemon Go etc all load forever, a lot of pop up messages, and drain a lot of battery.

iPhone 8+ here and there's virtually no loading for me.

I love how relaxing this game is. Animal Crossing should be a mobile exclusive title. It's must more fun to jump in and jump out.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
iPhone 8+ here and there's virtually no loading for me.

I love how relaxing this game is. Animal Crossing should be a mobile exclusive title. It's must more fun to jump in and jump out.

Why on earth should that be the case? I don't even own a Switch but an Animal Crossing on that platform would be perfect. This game is addicting and fun but it's certainly not a full-fledged Animal Crossing game. Nintendo made a console/handheld hybrid. They'd be insane not to put a new Animal Crossing on that kind of system.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
I've got to be honest, the whole thing seems kind of vapid and limited and makes me just desperately want Animal Crossing on Switch.

unrealist

Oct 27, 2017
I am not sure why .. I have this game on iPhone X and the much bigger Note 8. It looks way better on the iPhone X's smaller screen..

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
My only complaint so far is that everyone appears to have the same progression. The villagers are always the same at the same levels for everyone. Instead of having varied villagers for all of your friends like the actual handheld games.

But I love that there's no time commitment really. It's a breath of fresh air. It still really makes me want Animal Crossing Switch though.
It's weird seeing the characters in such high quality, the highest quality they've been.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Does this ever open up into anything more meaningful? I've spent a few hours playing but only because it looks like Animal Crossing. It certainly doesn't play like Animal Crossing.

lionpants

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
All the transitions, animations, and load times are making it pretty tedious to go through the motions every time I pick this game up. :(

Sun

Oct 27, 2017
Steadily going up in level; I'm having more fun with this than I expected. If only the loading wasn't taking up 30% of my playtime...

Feel free to add me! 9236 3534 006

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
Is there any maximum amount I can carry, I can I just keep picking up every piece of crap I run into?

Is the quarry a necessity? Is the activities there too good to miss out on?

faircure

Oct 27, 2017
Is there any maximum amount I can carry, I can I just keep picking up every piece of crap I run into?

Is the quarry a necessity? Is the activities there too good to miss out on?

It starts at 100 items max and goes up as you level. You get the option of selling stuff to make room if you pick up an item and don't have space too.

Also, I've never been to the quarry but I'm at level 17 and haven't felt any need to. I think it just helps with material and bell gathering.

Minsc

Oct 28, 2017
Is there really no acknowledgment of holidays in this version of AC?

Shouldn't there be a turkey running around to talk to or something? Will there be no fireworks on new years eve and no other holiday stuff? Just doesn't feel the same without that.

and also the previously mentioned fish puns, what an oversight. And I miss my museum.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Level 24 and have found myself stagnating. Things cost a LOT to craft now, so I just have to sort of play it out slowly.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
Looking to make some friends! :3

I think I'm most frustrated by what I'm wearing. My shirt and pants don't match. ;-;

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Is there any reason not to spend 150 tickets on one of those fancy RV designs? Like, what else could I be using those tickets on?

I already have K.K. and 3 crafting slots

Ouisch

Oct 27, 2017
Just started this up today. Doesn't really "feel" like animal crossing, but I'll probably end up spending a lot of time on it anyway. Got K.K. Slider already. How likely is it I'll be able to get Tom Nook before the time limit expires? Not really sure how liberal this game is with leaf tickets, and I'm not planning on spending any $$$ on it.

Also, go ahead and add me, would be cool to find out what the quarry is all about.

ID = 4548 5986 155