• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

milkyway

One Winged Slayer
May 17, 2018
Glad to be getting diving back! Gulliver 2.0, well... I hope in the next update they change the character rotation. Getting Sahara, Kicks, and Leif guaranteed every week is disappointing and completely unnecessary. Leif should get added to Nook's Cranny, Kicks added to Able Sisters, and Label a special guest at Able Sisters. Now you can have Redd, Gulliver, Saharah, Flick, and C.J. appear every week. Is this hopeful? Hopefully not.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
Glad to be getting diving back! Gulliver 2.0, well... I hope in the next update they change the character rotation. Getting Sahara, Kicks, and Leif guaranteed every week is disappointing and completely unnecessary. Leif should get added to Nook's Cranny, Kicks added to Able Sisters, and Label a special guest at Able Sisters. Now you can have Redd, Gulliver, Saharah, Flick, and C.J. appear every week. Is this hopeful? Hopefully not.
Honestly if you just threw Leif into Nooks and let Redd come on Sundays after Daisy Mae leaves it'd be fine.
Mostly because it was fine before! There was 6 characters so there'd be 1 that you would miss out on and they'd get priority next week

It’s out!
OP
OP
totofogo

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
And, it's out!! I forgot I had made this thread, ha.

Was a pretty quick download too.

EDIT: Wetsuits are available tonight at nooks! Plus, new seasonal items at the terminal (I think just the bamboo grass?)

Last edited:

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I haven't played AC in like two weeks but might check in. Can someone @ me when we have a solid list of what it adds? I hope we have some fun QoL surprises.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Is that updating save data screen new? Don't remember it for past updates. Kind of freaked me out for a second.

KeyBladerXIII

Dec 5, 2017
Holy shit, i bust out laughing at this quote:

I got a sea anemone! The enemy of my anemone is my afrenome!

Thats the best thing ive ever seen

tophu

Oct 27, 2017
Pascal just randomly showed up for me!

oh yeah, it was after getting a scallop.

Sober

Oct 25, 2017
Saharah will circle back and ask if you want to buy more instead of a purchase ending the conversation, do I guess that's a QoL update.

Eros

Oct 27, 2017
Worst part of the game is only being able to buy one top or whatever body part clothing at a time.
wuh-oh!

CrispSplendidDairycow-small.gif

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't really play New Leaf but it does seem really boring, kind of a bizarre mechanic all around.
there's also a lot more ocean to swim in this time around, I guess to accommodate 8 players.
They probably should have upped spawn rates since there's never going to be any NPCs out here.

Oct 29, 2017
Couple things. The movement speed of swimming is really slow. This is my first animal crossing game so I don't know how it compares to other games. It's not really the most enjoyable mechanic, although as usual the sound effects in this game are very relaxing.

Second thing. Once pascal shows up, how do you get him to show up again? Just wait another day? When he shows up the next day, do I want to make sure that I have my scallops on me so that I can trade with him?

Oct 29, 2017
what do you mean? The game is made to have lots of small update for years to come

Again, first animal crossing game... but I feel like things are just getting kind of repetitive. There is a lot of opportunity in this game to do stuff around multiplayer, or have more unique locations to visit, or have little mini puzzles. But everything is kind of centered around doing repetitive tasks and RNG. Anyway, I'm not complaining too much. I still find the game charming... but if I wasn't working from home still I'm not sure that I'd still be playing.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Couple things. The movement speed of swimming is really slow. This is my first animal crossing game so I don't know how it compares to other games. It's not really the most enjoyable mechanic, although as usual the sound effects in this game are very relaxing.
It is better than it was in New Leaf, which is the game that introduced the diving mechanic.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Again, first animal crossing game... but I feel like things are just getting kind of repetitive. There is a lot of opportunity in this game to do stuff around multiplayer, or have more unique locations to visit, or have little mini puzzles. But everything is kind of centered around doing repetitive tasks and RNG. Anyway, I'm not complaining too much. I still find the game charming... but if I wasn't working from home still I'm not sure that I'd still be playing.
it's not mean to be played for long period of time, maybe 20 minutes per day, but if you think it came a chores, just take a few times off, wait for events and just play them.

Im someone who is structured, i need goals in my life. The game was perfect when the quarantine started for a month, but i havent touched it for 2 months now