• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 19996

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
these updates are nice, but are they ever going to add actual gameplay improvements? Stackable crafting? better item management? Better conversation system that doesn't require so many confirmations just to visit an island? An actual point to Isabelle? Announce the weather or daily visitors or let me have the option to get rid of her.

Bobdapeach

Jun 15, 2019
Call me cynical but it's been 3 months since release to get back a feature from New Leaf, and potentially pirate furniture? It's not that exciting. Kind of going to need a little more to get back into this game.
I agree. It's nice and all but like you said, it's a returning feature. I know it's something that'll keep me entertained for a few days before I get bored again. My fingers are crossed for something more substantial soon 😬

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What is more substantial than a whole new gameplay feature (regardless of whether it was in a previous game or not)? What the fuck are you people expecting?

AppleKid

Feb 21, 2018
Eh, I'll dive back in for the August hanabi update. This will be a nice addition to whatever that ends up being

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
As expected, swimming, diving and sea food !
Was hoping for some cool fireworks events for July but looks like it'll come in August ^^
It's cool to clearly know when the next one will be. We all guessed that this one would be in late June/early July, but it's nice to know exactly when to look forward to the next.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
What is more substantial than a whole new gameplay feature (regardless of whether it was in a previous game or not)? What the fuck are you people expecting?
Holidays please. If this video is anything to go by there won't be any holidays or special events for another 6 weeks and New Horizons has already had a meager set of holiday events. Doesn't seem like a big ask considering the last update introduced 4 holiday/seasonal events.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
No fireworks until August... Weird. Especially since the update is right before 4th of July...

Vivian-Pogo

Jan 9, 2018
Drip feed me that 3DS content. Would've also been a good time to add Kapp'n Island and Tortimer minigames which was how the wetsuit was unlocked originally.

Also the fireworks show takes place on Sundays in August in New Leaf, so they should hopefully be in the next update.

(The lack of gyroids continues to make me sad)

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Holidays please. If this video is anything to go by there won't be any holidays or special events for another 6 weeks and New Horizons has already had a meager set of holiday events. Doesn't seem like a big ask considering the last update introduced 4 holiday/seasonal events.

What noteworthy global holiday exists in July?
Also we're gonna have bug off this Saturday, and then again in July, as well as the summer fishing tourney in July as well.

Deleted member 41183

Banned
Mar 18, 2018
July: Swimming, sea creatures, Pascal/mermaid furniture, Gulliver2.0/pirate furniture(??)
August: Fireworks
Late September/early Oct: Halloween event, Thanksgiving event, + maybe vegetables & cooking?
Late Nov/early December: Present Day event
Late January/early Feb: Carnivale

That'd be my guess for what timeframe we're looking at for future updates.

My guess is that Luna/dreams will come in August, with cooking/vegetables in Sept/Oct, and Gyroids/Cafe in Nov/Dec, because it seems like they're adding 1 "big" feature per patch (art, sea creatures) in addition to whatever events are needed.

Also, wondering if the August update will bring back stuff like the sparklers.

Efejota

Mar 13, 2018
No fireworks until August... Weird. Especially since the update is right before 4th of July...
Well, it'd be weird to have a celebration about North America when the game doesn't even have "christmas" to keep them general for everyone.
That said, if they end up happening in August that's probably because of Hanabi.

I liked having different items during the holidays depending on the country, though. I wonder if New Year's 12 grapes will be back. Can't wait for Isabelle telling me to be careful not to choke with them.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Was Museum Appreciation & Wedding Season necesarily noteworthy? I'm suyre they could either make something up or expand on some small thing if they really wanted.

I mean, the museum day, just like Mayday, was some small thing. I'm sure Wedding Season was meant to be the 'big' summer event, much like Easter was the 'big' spring event and, I assume, Halloween and Christmas are gonna be the 'big' fall and winter events.

I liked having different items during the holidays depending on the country, though.

I think having it more global/international is better. Apparently there was whole lines of region-exclusive items in NL that the other regions never ever could get, and that's pretty awful.

Deleted member 41183

Banned
Mar 18, 2018
Was Museum Appreciation & Wedding Season necesarily noteworthy? I'm suyre they could either make something up or expand on some small thing if they really wanted.

You gotta remember this update was probably largely handled during the work-from-home period in Japan. August's one too, since a month is not a huge amount of time between updates. I imagine localization/testing is also affected by the situation. Plans may have been changed/reduced to avoid delays.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Well, it'd be weird to have a celebration about North America when the game doesn't even have "christmas" to keep them general for everyone.
That said, if they end up happening in August that's probably because of Hanabi.

I liked having different items during the holidays depending on the country, though. I wonder if New Year's 12 grapes will be back. Can't wait for Isabelle telling me to be careful not to choke with them.
Toy day is happening. So, yes, they will.

Yall only play Wild World or what lol.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
What noteworthy global holiday exists in July?
Also we're gonna have bug off this Saturday, and then again in July, as well as the summer fishing tourney in July as well.
They're more than capable of coming up with stuff. They already skipped over a bunch of holidays from previous titles which could have been used. Just having a Tortimer photography event or something along those lines would have been fine. Just anything really to flesh it out. I miss some of the goofy little things like Yay Day

Efejota

Mar 13, 2018
I mean, the museum day, just like Mayday, was some small thing. I'm sure Wedding Season was meant to be the 'big' summer event, much like Easter was the 'big' spring event and, I assume, Halloween and Christmas are gonna be the 'big' fall and winter events.

I think having it more global/international is better. Apparently there was whole lines of region-exclusive items in NL that the other regions never ever could get, and that's pretty awful.
IDK, nowadays it's much easier to trade for items. It felt exciting to know that there were some rare items out there. It did make me want to find some people from Japan to trade, even if I never got around it because the 3ds was clunky for that.
HNI_0094.JPG
doceuvas.png

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
They're more than capable of coming up with stuff. They already skipped over a bunch of holidays from previous titles which could have been used. Just having a Tortimer photography event or something along those lines would have been fine. Just anything really to flesh it out. I miss some of the goofy little things like Yay Day

And if they had a tortimer photography event, you'd still have people bitching about this update not being substantial enough because it's not a huge event that gives you 500 new items and 30 minigames.

scamander

Oct 27, 2017
90% lol. It's been in every game except the one I with 0 holidays.

Maybe in the NA version. It's never been part of the European or Japanese versions. And since they don't do regional differing events anymore (as I told you), it makes sense to not celebrate a day in game that is only of historical relevance to the US.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
I wonder if they'll specifically make sure that no critters were missed in the time when swimming didn't exist

it'd be annoying to have a critter be missing from the museum just because this feature too a few months to get, requiring me to wait until next year to finish my aquarium (since iirc you can finish it in December in the western hemisphere)

Efejota

Mar 13, 2018
90% lol. It's been in every game except the one I with 0 holidays.
Toy day is happening. So, yes, they will.

Yall only play Wild World or what lol.
At least in the spanish versions from WW and onwards it was always in August, but yeah, I checked and it was the 4th of July in the GC game.

With Toy Day I meant to say that even when they celebrate christmas they try to keep it as a random celebration in that world not related to our real world.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
And if they had a tortimer photography event, you'd still have people bitching about this update not being substantial enough because it's not a huge event that gives you 500 new items and 30 minigames.
You can't please anyone. Getting something would have been better than nothing and I just would have liked to have seen something, because the game needs it pretty badly.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
I wouldn't mind some of Wild World's random non-descript holidays returning. They'd help fill in months where there aren't really any convenient global holidays to use

Nov 25, 2019
Oh dear no more things to do.

Diving to collect some creatures seem fun, and more things are always better. Sorry if it has already been said, but are the deep sea creatures like the bug/fish? I mean, do they change each month/season?

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
You can't please anyone. Getting something would have been better than nothing and I just would have liked to have seen something, because the game needs it pretty badly.

I mean as said, over these 6 weeks till August we'll have 2 Bug Offs and one fishing tourney, plus of course the remnant of the wedding season. Plus it's probable we'll get some seasonal store items as well, like the father's day mug or something. I think this new gameplay feature that introduces a whole new set of critters (we don't even know how many), plus the massive amount of new bugs that will start spawning in July (it's like 20!) should be plenty enough to keep one occupied unless you speedrun through all the content. And if you do that, complaining about content drought seems disingenuous.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Gyroids is probably August
I wonder.
Gyroids is 100% going to be tied with Brewster and the Café. Wonder if it'll be there. Seems like it'll focus on some hana-bi festivals, maybe it's just an update about events ?
Feels weird that it's split in 2 parts, covid situation probably forced them to split it this way. I wouldn't expect any new substencial gameplay elements in the part 2, just new events.

jumper

Oct 27, 2017
Beyond the mermaid furniture/DIYs, (and potentially a pirate set), does anyone think they'll also add other random items/furniture/DIYs? I hope so.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
They commented that covid actually impacted their dev process for Animal Crossing update. Seems like it's the reason why the summer update is split in 2 parts. What would you prefer ? Wait for August to have swimming + the summer events, or just have the swimming now, and the events later ?
I mean it's ok to want more, we all want more, but so many times on Nintendo threads it seem like people forget that a huge pandemic fucked the whole 2020 schedule for Nintendo.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty cool, but I was expecting a bit more. I wonder how many deep sea creatures there'll even be to collect.