• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

predict the metascore

Votes: 56 4.1%
  • 95-99

Votes: 106 7.7%
  • 90-94

Votes: 583 42.2%
  • 85-89

Votes: 497 36.0%
  • 80-84

Votes: 113 8.2%
  • 75-79

Votes: 10 0.7%
  • under 75

Votes: 16 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
tom.jpg

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Reviews are already good enough for me. I don't need a specific number, just an acknowledgement that it's up to standards.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Nintendo Insider - 10/10
Long-standing Animal Crossing fans will know that I have only scratched the surface at what to expect in the weeks and months ahead. Bunny Day isn't that far away now, and I can't wait to see what happens when Jingle turns up for Toy Day later in the year. But, as I slowly repay my home loan to Tom Nook and work towards expanding and customising my humble abode, what's important is that I remain just as excited to return to my island each day.

Above all else, Animal Crossing: New Horizons is an unbeatable feel-good experience and an essential purchase for anyone that owns a Nintendo Switch. As heartwarming as it is wholesome, Nintendo has delivered meaningful changes that help to structure your peaceful island existence. Every day has the potential to offer something new, and, thanks to that, it will be a game that many will enjoy investing countless hours (and Bells) in. Oh, and heroically leaping across rivers with the Vault Pole will never get old.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Really interested to read from everyone who gives it 8 or lower why they decided this way.
This kind of game is so specific with his own genre, that it really needs some bad things or bad balancings or bugged features to justify a lower rating. It's always tricky with ratings and games like these.

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
hands up everyone else that predicted 92......... (gotta get it in there before the score changes)

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
Eurogamer review is magical. It's not like I need anyone to sell me on this game, but I can't wait to get lost in it this weekend.

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
CGMagazine (10/10):
I love every second I'm playing Animal Crossing: New Horizons. I love its looks, I love its feel, and I'm genuinely excited for each new day and how my island will grow with it. It's perfect for newcomers and fans, young and old alike. It was well worth the wait and well-deserving of the hype. Do not miss this one.

VGC (5/5):
New Horizons does more than enough to build on previous Animal Crossings and easily joins the list of software every Nintendo Switch owner should pick up. At a time when the world outside can often be quite scary, New Horizons is the comforting escape everyone needs.

God is a Geek (10/10):
I won't apologise for sentimentality in a world that is ever increasingly moving towards anonymity and the cold. If you are looking forward to Animal Crossing: New Horizons as a long term fan, know that this is everything you could have hoped for, which is to say it's more Animal Crossing with quality of life improvements on what might be the best console Nintendo's ever put out. It'll sell millions, earn new fans, and top play counts for years to come. Knowing my family will be playing this together for a long, long time, makes me feel like everything is going to be alright, and goodness, what more could you ask for?

Nintendo Life (10/10):
Animal Crossing: New Horizons takes Animal Crossing and not only drags it back onto home consoles, but improves upon every single facet imaginable. There's more to do, more to see, more to change, more to mould, and more to love; fans and first-time players are going to find themselves losing hours at a time gathering materials, creating new furniture, and making their island undeniably theirs. Every moment is unashamedly blissful, with excellently-written characters that truly feel alive and an island paradise that gives infinitely back more than you put in. Back when Animal Crossing: New Leaf hit the shelves all those years ago and created a whole new generation of fans, many people were wondering how Nintendo could possibly top it, but here we have our answer. This is a masterpiece that has been well worth waiting for.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
guys

I actually considered cancelling my pre-order last night and picking the game up in a couple months

what I fool I almost was

Fabeltjes

Banned
Mar 7, 2020
I was going to wait for my physical version to get here eventually, maybe but these reviews just convinced me I don't want to wait that long.

ANDS

Banned
Jun 25, 2019
Really interested to read from everyone who gives it 8 or lower why they decided this way.
This kind of game is so specific with his own genre, that it really needs some bad things or bad balancings or bugged features to justify a lower rating. It's always tricky with ratings and games like these.

I've seen this sentiment multiple times; the game doesn't look like that much of a outlier where a reasonable open minded reviewer can't give it a "lowly 8" based on gameplay alone. The Longing just got insane reviews for being a game much like this (perhaps even more so).