• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

predict the metascore

Votes: 56 4.1%
  • 95-99

Votes: 106 7.7%
  • 90-94

Votes: 583 42.2%
  • 85-89

Votes: 497 36.0%
  • 80-84

Votes: 113 8.2%
  • 75-79

Votes: 10 0.7%
  • under 75

Votes: 16 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

packy17

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think this one could break the 90 barrier, especially if there's some cool stuff in there that we haven't been told about yet.

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
I'm gonna be avoiding all reviews cos I want everything to be nice and fresh. May check out scores, but to be honest I don't really bother with reviews anyway. I find they cloud my judgement.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
How good does AC usually review? I'd say this one will get around the 90s mark
screenshot2020-03-15acjjwl.png

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
The game looks cute but also very standard for the genre when it comes down to gameplay. Grind materials to build and upgrade shit. I don't see anything that hasn't been done a million times. But it's a Nintendo game and has a lot of charm because of the inhabitants and quirky dialogue. So 80-84 or 85-89 seems like a safe bet. I'll go with the latter because there is quite some hype around this and it has been a good while before the last game came out.

unrealist

Oct 27, 2017
I think games like this are hard to review just like Sims or Minecraft. These games are in a category of their own, like an acquired taste, you either hate them or love them to bits. Moreover, how can AC be reviewed within a short span of time, the events etc have not arrived. It's kinda a long term game.

Brews

Feb 27, 2020
Italy
I'd guess around 90-ish. They usually review the AC games on the 80-ish but with everything added this time around I wouldn't be surprised to see them giving it a vote that high.

cyappu

Jun 4, 2019
People talking about "AC is a hard/impossible game to review" as if its previous 4 entries didn't all review perfectly fine, while 3 of 4 have really respectable scores in the upper 80s.

Especially now with the 5th main game in the series, the reviewers will definitely know that Animal Crossing is the kind of game that gets its charm from playing it over a long period of time and will have that in mind when evaluating and scoring the game.

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm expecting 85-90. I think people are going to LOVE the game, but they won't give it that high of a score because they will claim it's not a big enough leap for the series.

mindsale

Oct 29, 2017
I feel like one of these entries has to have diminishing critical returns - catching a coelacanth for the 6th time in a post-Stardew Valley world which has far more meaningful character development and interaction. So then the next AC entry completely overhauls the game in bold new ways. Maybe? I hope this is the title that sparks that revolution. 79.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
I have a feeling that people who say "It's just Animal Crossing" want a game that is not Animal Crossing.

Amnixia

â–² Legend â–²
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
87-89, I'm excited! Went digital for once, seems like a perfect game to switch in and out of.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
I feel like one of these entries has to have diminishing critical returns - catching a coelacanth for the 6th time in a post-Stardew Valley world which has far more meaningful character development and interaction. So then the next AC entry completely overhauls the game in bold new ways. Maybe? I hope this is the title that sparks that revolution. 79.
The day Animal Crossing turns into Stardew
Valley is the day I part ways with one of my favorite series, what a nightmare

Sir Sonic

Jan 14, 2020
The Previews, The Trailers, All things shown till now was perfect
Great addition, infinite charm and QoL changes all around the place

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
90-94 is my 🤞 but I'll be happy with it landing in the 80's.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
New Horizons is already the biggest revolution in the series

Deleted member 58401

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 7, 2019
Dear Nintendo,

I'm preloading this right now. Please unlock a 40 hour demo so I can effectively structure my days away from work until Friday. Thanks!

Oh, and 88ish.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
85-88ish easily but I see it struggling to go above that. I think people will ultimately give into the misguided temptation to compare this to Stardew Valley endlessly and that will be the critical point of comparison in the lower scoring reviews.

It looks to be the best in the series by FAR and I think it will sell spectacularly well out of the gate and throughout the rest of the year.

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think games like this are hard to review just like Sims or Minecraft. These games are in a category of their own, like an acquired taste, you either hate them or love them to bits. Moreover, how can AC be reviewed within a short span of time, the events etc have not arrived. It's kinda a long term game.
not sure you can call something that has the potential to sell 20 million copies an aquired taste.

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

SDV and Animal Crossing are completely different games.
i love SDV but it doesn't even come close to scratching the itch that AC does.

neither should become the other.

saladdays

Sep 11, 2018
Stardew is nothing like Animal Crossing. The simple fact that Stardew is a game you can finish disqualifies it from being an AC replacement

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
Reviewers have apparently been given multiple save files at various points in the game so they can experience all the systems that open up mid-game and end-game despite only having a couple weeks to play.

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
The day Animal Crossing turns into Stardew
Valley is the day I part ways with one of my favorite series, what a nightmare
Yeah. TBH I probably played more of Stardew Valley than I have of any Animal Crossing game . . . But I would never ask for Animal Crossing to be more like Stardew Valley. The games have a very different feel and focus. People who want it to be more like Stardew Valley need to accept that Animal Crossing likely isn't catering towards them.

Lua

Aug 9, 2018
Also, i'm gonna say it.

The idea that animal crossing is niche, or that a game like it doesn't deserve 90 comes from the games industry still male-focused bias that always existed. It isn't a realistic dark game, or a shooter. It's a cute game and has a fanbase that is female on its biggest part, and because of that a lot of people think it "doest count", or just try to diminish it. And that happens with any franchise that isn't aimed just towards young males, and it also happens here, no matter how progressive this site wants to pretend it is.

Obsonet

Nov 26, 2019
There really is no game like animal crossing out there. It's part of what made the wait for new horizons so long

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Also, i'm gonna say it.

The idea that animal crossing is niche, or that a game like it doesn't deserve 90 comes from the games industry still male-focused bias that always existed. It isn't a realistic dark game, or a shooter. It's a cute game and has a fanbase that is female on its biggest part, and because of that a lot of people think it "doest count", or just try to diminish it. And that happens with any franchise that isn't aimed just towards young males, and it also happens here, no matter how progressive this site wants to pretend it is.

word. i thought the exact same when i read some comments in here.

Puffy

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
User Banned (2 weeks): Trolling over a number of posts, long history of console wars
Also, i'm gonna say it.

🎶Do you want to build a strawman? 🎶