• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
It's a real shame that if I arrange my island as I like it, with interesting things dotted about the framerate shits the bed if I get too much stuff in one area. I really like my museum area, I have fences and fossils and models and so on and it looks great but bloody hell it's painful to traverse thanks to the framerate. Switch Lite, dunno if regular switch is better.

NotSelf

Oct 26, 2017
It's a real shame that if I arrange my island as I like it, with interesting things dotted about the framerate shits the bed if I get too much stuff in one area. I really like my museum area, I have fences and fossils and models and so on and it looks great but bloody hell it's painful to traverse thanks to the framerate. Switch Lite, dunno if regular switch is better.

Honestly I feel like there should have been a limit how many items you can put out keep everyone on the same level with a steady framerate but who knows maybe a more powerful switch will solve this framerate issue my hope is to see the game running at 60 FPS but I'm sure that's not going to happen.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
Honestly I feel like there should have been a limit how many items you can put out keep everyone on the same level with a steady framerate but who knows maybe a more powerful switch will solve this framerate issue my hope is to see the game running at 60 FPS but I'm sure that's not going to happen.

Idk if you've ever played Dragon Quest Builders 2
Visiting elaborate islands is a next level Switch melter, a sight to behold in an otherwise fantastic game

Aarglefarg

Oct 27, 2017
I have a bad frame rate in areas from how many flowers there are. It's a big effort to get it under control.

deliquate

Teyvat Traveler
Feb 25, 2021
Idk if you've ever played Dragon Quest Builders 2
Visiting elaborate islands is a next level Switch melter, a sight to behold in an otherwise fantastic game

I loved DQB2 & I had to stop playing because in addition to reaching the 100 room limit, wandering around was agonizingly slow. Great game though. Really fun.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
So how often do you guys play these days? I tend to still play almost every day, but it's more out of a feeling of obligation than anything else. I haven't played since Friday, so my grip is loosening.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
So how often do you guys play these days? I tend to still play almost every day, but it's more out of a feeling of obligation than anything else. I haven't played since Friday, so my grip is loosening.

I still play occasionally but not every day, and even when I do log on it's not really for much beside some dailies and whatnot.

I feel like they have done a really poor job keeping players invested.

deliquate

Teyvat Traveler
Feb 25, 2021

I quit for a few months but recently I've been on a real improve-my-island kick, so I've been playing again. It's only fun when you have big projects.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still working on my art section so I don't wanna miss Redd. But yeah, I just don't have the motivation to keep playing every single day like I used to. Especially with a bunch of awesome new games coming out very soon.

Nov 25, 2019
I still play daily, plenty of "late-game" stuff to do. I'm trying to get a complete museum and to finish all Nook Miles stamps, and they require a lot of work (and luck!).

Aside from that, I want to have the catalog as completed as possible, so everyday I shake trees to get my 2 furniture drops hoping for color variations and browse Ables' fitting room for clothing. I trade or get gifted some coor variants from time to time, but there are way too many left. Oh and I'm also trying to get all the customization options, so each day I craft 5 items or so and paint them on all colors available to keep advancing.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
I play every day to get my 4 fossils, my bottled recipe, my daily Nook Miles, check the daily visitor and the shops. And I check in with my neighbors occasionally, although I've read pretty much all their possible dialog by this point

Kamala

Sep 22, 2019
I check in for the shops and the visitor, aside from that my island is mostly done(for now...)

Hoping the next update is scrumptious. I'd like a big 2.0 update, maybe a terraforming one. (more patterns, more bridge/incline designs, etc...)

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I check in for the shops and the visitor, aside from that my island is mostly done(for now...)

Hoping the next update is scrumptious. I'd like a big 2.0 update, maybe a terraforming one. (more patterns, more bridge/incline designs, etc...)
Yeah, I hope they're working on something big to keep people interested. Not that they have any reason to be concerned with how consistently the game sells.

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
I haven't been playing every day lately, but I still boot up most days to give my daily pumpkin gifts (aiming for photos) and to check the daily visitor. I'm still buying Sanrio stuff from promotions, as well as furniture/clothing for animal gifts (right now clothes for Chai and furniture for Tybalt). I'm still getting my diy bottle and checking the crafter (still have 26 DIYs left to get from them). I look in Nook's and sometimes Able's.

BTW I'll have Drago in boxes tomorrow, in the slim chance anyone here will want him.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I'm still playing daily as well, I've only missed 1 day since release (I was super sick with fever for 24 hours back in October).

I only play around 10-20 minutes a day though, just clean up sticks, craft an axe to break (don't have the golden axe DIY yet), give a gift to Fang since I don't have his pic yet, and check the visitor.

I'm really hoping they put in the major missing content like Brewster, gyroids, and more furniture sets in future. But I'm also kinda worried since they're finally releasing a comprehensive boxset of all the music a year later, it makes me think they're more or less done with the game.

someday

Oct 25, 2017
I've been keeping myself busy by trying to meet and get photos from every villager in the game. I give fruits to my villagers daily until I get their photo and then I cycle them out when new campsite visitors show up or when one wants to leave. There are a few that will never go (Octavian for now, I let him go once and regretted it. When I found him months later on a nook island I brought him back. He's the only one.) I'm only picky when I travel to find villagers but when they come to the campsite, I take them no matter what. It keeps the game fresh and since I've never played AC before, it's been fun getting to know villagers that I never would have chosen in the beginning. It's a longshot obviously but it keeps me playing.

Deleted member 43657

User requested account closure
Banned
May 19, 2018
Every day since it came out. 15 branches, 2 weeds, 4 fossils, talk to villagers. Check for Redd, Gulliver and Celeste. It's helped keep me sane.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
I keep my town, uh, "clean"? Every day, 15 beaches spawn near trees, and two weeds appear on the island in random locations. I used to enact the "Keep the Town Clean" ordinance (or whatever it was called) in New Leaf. In this one, you have to clean up your town on your own.

Oh, okay. I thought you were collecting them to build something. lol

Putosaure

Oct 27, 2017
France
I wish I had the incentive to play everyday like the former entries. But knowing that my villagers can't leave without my permission, and that anyway their dialog is not that interesting unless you harass them, I just go do some cleaning from time to time :D

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
Speaking of fences, I kinda wish we could craft gates for fences that can be opened and closed with a single animation. (You activate it, the character opens it, goes through and closes it on the other side) But make sure that villagers can use it as well as other players visiting the island. They'd add some more nice realism to your island. I'd put one on every villagers front yard. (I have all my houses fenced in but since there's no gate it's just open in front.)

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
When we expecting new update info?
With the globe being gone from the store that's everything from this patch done right?

Geekostrof

One Winged Slayer
Apr 18, 2019
I have some DIY I don't need if anyone wants them:
Cherry blossom bonsai x2
Cherry blossom branches
Sagittarius arrow
Libra scale
Gemini closet

Mike Works

Oct 28, 2017
Random question: if I leave an item wrapped in wrapping paper on my island and someone visits my dream island, can they pick up and open that present (but obviously not keep the item)?

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
Random question: if I leave an item wrapped in wrapping paper on my island and someone visits my dream island, can they pick up and open that present (but obviously not keep the item)?

Yes, that's how it works. Some people leave ladders or costumes for people to wear while in the dream.

Nov 25, 2019
Something weird today, Gullivarrr was supposed to be my visitor but Flick was here instead. This is the first time something like this happens since I started tracking the daily visitors... I mean, Flick is better since I still need bug models and I think I have gotten all non-color variants from Gullivarrr, but it's so strange :/

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
So what do you guys do with your Lily's of the Valley? Lilly of the Valley's? Whatever they're called, what do you guys do with them? So far I have 35. I've been planning on replacing a lot of my display flowers with all Lily's when I get enough. Surely they can't sell for much. Can you even pick the flowers off of them? Do they get damaged if you run through them? I've been afraid to experiment. lol

Also, what about gold roses? I have 4 so far. I have 2 on display and 2 more just waiting for something to do with them. They only sell for $1000. And since I have like 7 million bells I don't care about money anymore. I just want to make things look nice. I'm just happy to have all the flower types. I have more gold roses than blue ones. And they all just randomly show up even without me using my golden watering can.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Gold roses just sit there and bloom. You can knock the petals off for a day running through them, like other flowers.

Unless you love the look of them, having tons is a waste.

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
Gold roses just sit there and bloom. You can knock the petals off for a day running through them, like other flowers.

Unless you love the look of them, having tons is a waste.
Then decoration they shall be.

Same with my Lily's. I currently have a bunch of flower beds with trees in them around my Services building. Will be replacing them all with the Lily once I get enough. I hope there isn't a limit to how many will spawn. I know they show up every few days, do they ever stop showing up? Is it possible to eventually be overrun with them? lol

deliquate

Teyvat Traveler
Feb 25, 2021
Then decoration they shall be.

Same with my Lily's. I currently have a bunch of flower beds with trees in them around my Services building. Will be replacing them all with the Lily once I get enough. I hope there isn't a limit to how many will spawn. I know they show up every few days, do they ever stop showing up? Is it possible to eventually be overrun with them? lol

My island is completely overrun with lily of the valley flowers. I feel kind of guilty about throwing them away but yeah, at some point you just have to toss them like they're weeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.