• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
Today is the fishing tournament, the first duplicate one for those who have had the game since release

I feel like... I don't really care about it. I have all the rewards except the gold trophy, and all the Nook Miles stamps

I got all the items and trophies on the first tourney last year and never wanted to to it again, same with the bugs
Everything is the same each time right?

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
Correct. If you got all the items and trophies, there won't be anything new for you.

Would've been cool if they could change up or add some new prizes for new year.
When you're like me and couldn't get Sanrio cards, there's absolutely nothing going on this patch after you buy the new Easter ornaments from Nook's.

Ibuki

Feb 6, 2021
Sadly I'm looking into buying the Sanrio cards from a scalper, but I have no idea if they would ever be restocked. I really want Chai in my village!

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
Sadly I'm looking into buying the Sanrio cards from a scalper, but I have no idea if they would ever be restocked. I really want Chai in my village!

Don't buy from a scalper. There are many ways to make your own, or you can buy cheaper versions of knock-offs on Etsy. There's no reason to pay the ridiculous prices that scalpers are asking.
Here, even if you feel weird making your own, Nintendo doesn't. Here is a product sold by GameStop that makes amiibos. It's been around for a long time:

kodax_shc

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Bumping this again. Bob just sent me a genuine Detailed Painting in the mail so I am just missing three statues now. Let me know if anybody can help!

--

So after nearly a year of collecting art I am itching to complete my collection. If anybody would like to trade art I have my duplicates listed below. If you would prefer to sell your art or you don't need any of mine I am willing to pay handsomely, 500,000 bells each. Feel free to DM or quote me here. Thanks.

For Trade:
Common Painting (3)
Famous Painting (2)
Glowing Painting (1)
Moody Painting (3)
Scary Painting (2)
Sinking Painting (2)
Glowing Painting (1)
Warrior Statue (2)
Amazing Painting (1)
Dynamic Painting (1)
Mystic Statue (1)
Familiar Statue (1)
Jolly Painting (1)
Worthy Painting (1)
Ancient Statue (2)
Motherly Statue (1)
Solemn Painting (1)

Need:
Great Statue
Rock-head Statue
Wild Painting Left

Edit: Updated as of April 11. Thanks to everybody who has been able to help thus far.

Ibuki

Feb 6, 2021
Don't buy from a scalper. There are many ways to make your own, or you can buy cheaper versions of knock-offs on Etsy. There's no reason to pay the ridiculous prices that scalpers are asking.
Here, even if you feel weird making your own, Nintendo doesn't. Here is a product sold by GameStop that makes amiibos. It's been around for a long time:

I was gonna pay $15 for a pack of them, it didn't seem too bad as long as it comes with all 6 and it's not random chance. I did order some of the other amiibo cards on Etsy yesterday but that was just for regular villagers that I really wanted, not any special/new ones.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
So after nearly a year of collecting art I am itching to complete my collection. If anybody would like to trade art I have my duplicates listed below. If you would prefer to sell your art or you don't need any of mine I am willing to pay handsomely, 500,000 bells each. Feel free to DM or quote me here. Thanks.

For Trade:
Common Painting (3)
Famous Painting (2)
Glowing Painting (1)
Moody Painting (3)
Scary Painting (2)
Sinking Painting (2)
Glowing Painting (1)
Warrior Statue (2)
Amazing Painting (1)
Dynamic Painting (1)
Mystic Statue (1)
Familiar Statue (1)
Jolly Painting (1)
Worthy Painting (1)
Ancient Statue (2)
Motherly Statue (1)
Solemn Painting (1)

Need:
Great Statue
Rock-head Statue
Wild Painting Left

Edit: Updated as of April 11. Thanks to everybody who has been able to help thus far.
Would you be willing to sell individual pieces for NMTs or something? From your duplicate list, I still need the Solemn Painting, Jolly painting, Amazing painting, Familiar Statue and Warrior Statue.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
I don't have either, is there a way to send money/items via mail without nintendo online?
EDIT: just checked and you can't, oh well
Not sure if you have any platinum coins but Nintendo frequently does promotions where you can use platinum coins on My Nintendo towards a 7 day trial of Nintendo Online.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
It's sad seeing how many of the sanrio cards are getting scalped on uk ebay
I hope nobody buys them at these prices and encourages more but they likely will

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
It's sad seeing how many of the sanrio cards are getting scalped on uk ebay
I hope nobody buys them at these prices and encourages more but they likely will
Scalpers fucking suck. I'm glad I didn't have to go through the madness this time. Getting a PS5 pre-order and a COVID vaccine appointment was enough panic for one year.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
Scalpers fucking suck. I'm glad I didn't have to go through the madness this time. Getting a PS5 pre-order and a COVID vaccine appointment was enough panic for one year.

Yeah, it's no fun fighting against bots... Scalping feels worse than it's ever been
I don't think I'm ever gonna get the real cards

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
I had some arrivals today:
EyzwZiZXMAEJa32

EyzwZiaXMAEfEdC

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it's no fun fighting against bots... Scalping feels worse than it's ever been
I don't think I'm ever gonna get the real cards
I already had them so I didn't bother going through the fuss of trying to get a pack from Target. But I didn't think it'd be quite as bad as it was. Packs on ebay for $300 is a new level of ridiculousness.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York

It's Animal Forest's anniversary. I think that's every single NPC that's been in the series thus far

They went old school with Gracy and Lloid up in the top right... on second look it seems like every character is in their first appearance design!

look at all those NPCs that aren't in NH

Last edited:

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
I was hoping for something more on a big anniversary like this
it deserves a celebration like Zelda, Mario, Pokemon, it's up there at this point

kodax_shc

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
I ordered the Limited Edition OST for New Horizons. One thing that strikes me as bad news is that if they are releasing the OST it likely means that the game is feature complete at this point. No more new events, no new facilities otherwise new music would need to be added to the game. I suppose they could recycle some of the event music. I think in terms of free updates at this point we should just expect item packs and maybe some additional villagers.

I think its very possible we get some kind of major paid DLC expansion though.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
I ordered the Limited Edition OST for New Horizons. One thing that strikes me as bad news is that if they are releasing the OST it likely means that the game is feature complete at this point. No more new events, no new facilities otherwise new music would need to be added to the game. I suppose they could recycle some of the event music. I think in terms of free updates at this point we should just expect item packs and maybe some additional villagers.

I think its very possible we get some kind of major paid DLC expansion though.
they already hit all the major holidays, so no surprise there

If they get around to adding the Roost, it could just as easily re-use the music it's always had, which wouldn't really need to be on the OST. That's the only building I think they'd consider adding (as an extension to the museum)

I know they'd never use it, but I think the Smash Bros version of the Roost would work really well in New Horizons

kodax_shc

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
they already hit all the major holidays, so no surprise there

If they get around to adding the Roost, it could just as easily re-use the music it's always had, which wouldn't really need to be on the OST. That's the only building I think they'd consider adding (as an extension to the museum)

I know they'd never use it, but I think the Smash Bros version of the Roost would work really well in New Horizons

I think the roost and the mini game / multiplayer area are the two things most desperately missing from the game. Those features alone would likely add a few tracks and jingles.

Nov 25, 2019
I finally got the DAL plane model! I love it!

174357043_4015991198468640_566652201645391034_n.jpg

One of those long-term goals finally achieved. I don't think you can get duplicates of the DAL items, so I think I'll stop with my daily visit to Harvey.

Geekostrof

One Winged Slayer
Apr 18, 2019
Hey gang!
Does anyone have the cypress bathtub in dark wood? I have the one in light wood if you would like to trade, otherwise I could pay you for one :)

Coriander

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
I'm trying to give away (emphasis: give away!) a few spare flower and seasonal DIYs. I have available:

Cute Lily Crown
Snowflake Wreath
Fancy Lily Wreath x 2
Chic Rose Crown
Windflower Crown
Cool Pansy Wreath

Drop me a DM and let me know when you can stop by and take one or several!

Last edited:

deliquate

Teyvat Traveler
Feb 25, 2021
I've got Redd on my island selling a real Scenic Painting (that's the Breughel with the hunters in the snow). If you need it, I can send a DODO (& would love to have the favor returned sometime).

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone have the Sunflower dress in orange? I just looked it up to see if I had all the colors and I'm missing that one.

Also the Icy dress. I've been looking for it for ages but it never popped up on my shop.

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
Installed some warp pipes on my island finally. But I really wish they weren't random. At the very least they should cycle around between them in a predictable matter. Sometimes I end up getting stuck in a loop back and forth when all I want is to go to my third pipe. Ideally they'd let you choose the pipe to go to or at the very least let you buy different colors and have different "subway routes" as it were. But I'd settle for it just being in a predictable order based on the order you place them in.

Also I wish the Goal Pole could change the flag to the other characters based on whose clothes you're wearing when you use it. I want a Luigi flag! (Also, does it remember its state? Or does it always reset to Bowser?)

NotSelf

Oct 26, 2017
^ Yeah two is the best way to go if you want the pipes to be actual useful. I have one in my house and one near DAL I'm always trading with other players so I find it very useful.

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
^ Yeah two is the best way to go if you want the pipes to be actual useful. I have one in my house and one near DAL I'm always trading with other players so I find it very useful.
I have 3. I bought 5 but I knew it was gonna be a pain. One next to my house, one in my commercial district between the shop and town hall and one next to the museum. The three places I'm always running between. It's great most of the time but when it gets stuck in a loop between two locations it's really annoying. Cycling between them would make the most sense. Random destinations doesn't really feel right.

Nov 25, 2019
Hey gang!
Does anyone have the cypress bathtub in dark wood? I have the one in light wood if you would like to trade, otherwise I could pay you for one :)
I can order it tomorrow if you still need it :)

I've got Redd on my island selling a real Scenic Painting (that's the Breughel with the hunters in the snow). If you need it, I can send a DODO (& would love to have the favor returned sometime).
I still need that artwork, is it still available? I have some real dupes I can trade with you :D

Status
Not open for further replies.