• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Wonder when we'll hear about the next big update to the game

We're about to hit the lesser holiday season of Leaf Day, Wedding Season and Museum Day, so they might want to update those to add more items or something

Oct 28, 2017
Wonder when we'll hear about the next big update to the game

We're about to hit the lesser holiday season of Leaf Day, Wedding Season and Museum Day, so they might want to update those to add more items or something
I hope against hope that they'll overhaul Wedding Season completely, it is the worst event in the game. The rewards look great, but the hoops you have to jump through to get them is ridiculous. And I personally really enjoy the interior decorating system in this game, so I can only imagine what it is like for someone who doesn't.

Nov 25, 2019
So I just now realized the Heart doorplate comes in a lot more colors than I thought. Can anyone help me finish the set? I still need these:

heart-doorplate-vv-light-blue.6a4c42d.png
heart-doorplate-vv-monotone.652c900.png
heart-doorplate-vv-orange.cf61481.png
heart-doorplate-vv-pink.a1a0c3a.png
heart-doorplate-vv-purple.7e26bbc.png
I have the light blue and can order the monotone one tomorrow if you're still looking for them :)

I hope against hope that they'll overhaul Wedding Season completely, it is the worst event in the game. The rewards look great, but the hoops you have to jump through to get them is ridiculous. And I personally really enjoy the interior decorating system in this game, so I can only imagine what it is like for someone who doesn't.
I liked the event because you could either do some serious decorating with great photos or you could cheese it and just spam the flower decorations and benches and still get the same result haha

I would like to see other couples there, like 15 days of Reese/Cyrus with the standard wedding set and other characters with their own furniture. But sadly, I don't think that will happen.

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
I have the light blue and can order the monotone one tomorrow if you're still looking for them :)

I liked the event because you could either do some serious decorating with great photos or you could cheese it and just spam the flower decorations and benches and still get the same result haha

I would like to see other couples there, like 15 days of Reese/Cyrus with the standard wedding set and other characters with their own furniture. But sadly, I don't think that will happen.
Who knows, maybe they'll add Kapp'n and Leilani for this year.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Kapp'n should host minigames

I wish there was something more my girlfriend and I could do besides "I added this bench since last time" and buying a couple recolors at Nook's

We both love this game, but playing together there isn't really much to do. We just end up playing Mario Kart

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Is it crazy that I am thinking of starting a new island because I don't like my layout, and also because I now want my island named Innsmouth?

NotSelf

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah it was a pain trying to my final blossom DIY's. I decided to just get the remaining ones from other players I traded 60nmt for just the cherry blossom petals diy.

Chrissy getting ready for the big day tomorrow.

Ex-1KoJUcAEc5jA

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
Luckily I got my blossom diys last year because I didn't see a single one this year
I wasn't no-life farming them but as I was landscaping I popped plenty of balloons in case other people needed them
Got zilch

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
Luckily I got my blossom diys last year because I didn't see a single one this year
I wasn't no-life farming them but as I was landscaping I popped plenty of balloons in case other people needed them
Got zilch
It's not worth it to farm for repeats. Basically, if you don't have all the seasonal recipes in a set, then you have a 15% chance of getting an unlearned recipe. But once you get them all, you only have a 5% chance of getting a repeat.

JoRu

Oct 25, 2017

Some items(?) from Build-A-Bear coming tomorrow!

EDIT: Oh, I'm now realizing it's not items in Animal Crossing, but rather Animal Crossing-themed real Build-A-Bear items.

Last edited:

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
From the email that came out regarding the release:
How does the virtual waiting room work?
You will be randomly assigned a place in line in the virtual waiting room. When your turn is approaching, you'll be given access to purchase the Animal Crossing™: New Horizons collection.
How is line placement determined in the virtual waiting room?
Guests who join the pre-waiting room before 10:00 a.m. Central Standard Time will be randomly assigned a spot in line once the Animal Crossing™: New Horizons collection goes on sale. Guests who join after 10:00 a.m. Central Standard Time will file in at the end of the existing line.
Do I need to wait by my computer while I'm in the waiting room?
You can sign up for email notifications to be notified when your turn is approaching, or you can also do other things on your computer and you'll be automatically notified (make sure your sound is on) when it's your turn. When it's your turn, you'll have a limited amount of time to enter the Build-A-Bear website to purchase the Animal Crossing™: New Horizons collection.
What happens when I reach the front of the waiting room?
You'll gain access to our shopping site and have a limited amount of time to purchase the Animal Crossing™: New Horizons collection and complete your transaction.
Will the Animal Crossing™: New Horizons collection be available to purchase at the Workshop?
The Animal Crossing™: New Horizons collection will be arriving in the Workshop this summer. Be sure to sign up for email notifications for updates on online restocks and in-store arrivals.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
AAAAAAHHHHHHDIDJXEHSSUDHDD

The game doesn't seem to want to give me anymore new Cherry-blossom DIYs. 😠

There are only a few left I still need. I really want the DIYs for the Cherry-blossom-trees wall, and the Cherry-blossom pochette. I have extra DIYs for the Blossom-viewing lantern and the Outdoor Picnic set to trade. Lemme know if you can help.

Last edited:

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
No wonder they didn't specify in advance. Now they get to make people wait in line like it's a hot club and feel pressure to buy the doll they didn't even want, just to not lose their place. Clever but horrible marketing. XD

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Finally tracked down all of the Cherry-blossom recipes. I have an extra Outdoor Picnic set DIY if anyone is in need.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
EyWYzRPU8AENiq7

Wow I feel so lucky, I only have Dom left to find
Have they raised the appearance rates of the non-amiibo villagers?
Last year I had to spend days looking for 1, but this year I found both Megan and Cyd within 5 tickets of the last villager moving out

deliquate

Teyvat Traveler
Feb 25, 2021
Does anyone have a Blossom Lantern to sell/trade? Can it be catalogued? I mean the one that showed up in the seasonal tab recently. I wasn't logging in regularly enough to grab it & now I've got just the right place to put one

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Finally got my hands on the Sanrio Amiibos cards, so happy!

tqbJR6R.jpg

e81MouM.jpg

I took one pack for me, and one pack for my niece, gonna send hers by mail right away!

Also, this means Vesta will have to go then. Not sure who I'll recruit first, Chai or Étoile, hmm. Maybe I'll recruit all of them to get all their photos and then just settle for Étoile at the end.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Also, this means Vesta will have to go then. Not sure who I'll recruit first, Chai or Étoile, hmm. Maybe I'll recruit all of them to get all their photos and then just settle for Étoile at the end.
I had Étoile move in first, then Chai. I haven't moved in any of the others yet. I'm pretty happy with the villagers I have.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Has something happened with Leif since the last patch? He seems to be selling shrubs that are out of season as of late. He visited today and had HOLLY. Wut?

Edit: Nvm. Apparently nothing is in season during cherry-blossom season.

Last edited:

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Is anyone in need of the Dynamic or Perfect paintings? Redd is selling both and already donated both to my museum.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
Is anyone in need of the Dynamic or Perfect paintings? Redd is selling both and already donated both to my museum.

I don't have either, is there a way to send money/items via mail without nintendo online?
EDIT: just checked and you can't, oh well

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2020
California
Today I got the golden shovel DIY and afterwards checked and found I had all of the Gulliver & Gullivarrr items so that's another couple visitors I can ignore now haha. I only really look forward to Redd coming these days as the art section is really the only thing I need to finish.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Today is the fishing tournament, the first duplicate one for those who have had the game since release

I feel like... I don't really care about it. I have all the rewards except the gold trophy, and all the Nook Miles stamps

Barely Able

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Today is the fishing tournament, the first duplicate one for those who have had the game since release

I feel like... I don't really care about it. I have all the rewards except the gold trophy, and all the Nook Miles stamps
Not sure if it resets for the new year, but the points for the trophy are cumulative. Should be able to get it more quickly that way of you've fished in a tourney before.

Elshoelace

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have extra Cherry Blossom lantern or branches recipes? I have an extra cherry blossom leaf pile I can trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.