• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
You can't just order the items?
You can. After scanning the cards, the corresponding items show up in the promotions tab. They can be gifted and shared with other players, but it won't show up in the catalogue if you haven't scanned the cards yourself.

Also, like in New Leaf, the villagers can't be invited to join someone else's island when they move out.

Btw, here's a compilation of all the new stuff from the datamine. Includes Sanrio, new Bunny Day, prom, other minor holidays, and the NSO app stuff.

https://animalcrossingworld.com/202...te-for-animal-crossing-new-horizons-datamine/

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
Oh, you can search online for custom designs straight from the Nook phone app now instead of going to Able's. That's nice.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
You can. After scanning the cards, the corresponding items show up in the promotions tab. They can be gifted and shared with other players, but it won't show up in the catalogue if you haven't scanned the cards yourself.

Also, like in New Leaf, the villagers can't be invited to join someone else's island when they move out.

Btw, here's a compilation of all the new stuff from the datamine. Includes Sanrio, new Bunny Day, prom, other minor holidays, and the NSO app stuff.

https://animalcrossingworld.com/202...te-for-animal-crossing-new-horizons-datamine/
Ah, that's good to know! I scanned them all before to get the posters, but I didn't see any new items in the promotions tab, so I'd probably have to scan them all again. I'm wondering if it's possible to do them all in one day.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Potentially a new bug with the update: I walked up to talk to Marshall while he was sitting in a chair outside, and his text balloon popped up with no text. It sat like that for a while and then crashed.

wiiucollector

Aug 5, 2018
Germany
Well... I got it.

I knew exactly where I wanted everything from the new update, so a mad dash to put it all in place to save the dream code with the lighting I love best (or close enough).

DA-7458-6918-1448

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
The update's out and still no news of the cards via Nintendo UK? Whack

On another note, after a year of casual/intense searching I have...
EwwaaznVcAY-W3v

Now the only amiibo cardless character I don't have on my island is the red elephant, got all the rest via islands or campsites
EDIT: I can't believe I forgot I don't have Dom F

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
The update's out and still no news of the cards via Nintendo UK? Whack

On another note, after a year of casual/intense searching I have...
EwwaaznVcAY-W3v

Now the only amiibo cardless character I don't have on my island is the red elephant, got all the rest via islands or campsites
Congratulations on your 7/8. I enjoy Megan's color scheme a ton. For my tastes, Cyd is the greatest out of all 8 of them. Then again, I skew towards liking the Cranky type the best.

ETA: I don't know what's up with Nintendo of UK, is it possible that Covid and Brexit are messing things up for you all? Or do they feel like the fact that you guys got the first run of them years ago while North Americans were left to import is enough? (Because it isn't.)

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
Congratulations on your 7/8. I enjoy Megan's color scheme a ton. For my tastes, Cyd is the greatest out of all 8 of them. Then again, I skew towards liking the Cranky type the best.

ETA: I don't know what's up with Nintendo of UK, is it possible that Covid and Brexit are messing things up for you all? Or do they feel like the fact that you guys got the first run of them years ago while North Americans were left to import is enough? (Because it isn't.)

Yeah I've wanted Cyd since the very start, I've just been pretty unlucky and have never seen him
I got very lucky with Megan today, I haven't been nook mile island searching for a very long time and got her on my 3rd ticket!
So far I have had in order since the game began: Audie, Judy, Sherb on islands, Reneigh, Raymond in the campsite, now Megan on an island
EDIT: I can't believe I forgot I don't have Dom F

As for the cards people have asked all month and it's supposed to be up on Nintendo UK's official store in the "latter part of March"

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
I swear, if I see a "Pompompurin rug has quite the dedicated fanart" thread this week I'm going to need to lay down for about a week.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just going to order the ones I want, I don't need to own all of them (especially the dresses and stuff I'd never actually wear)
it'll be gaudy, but i want to make rooms for all of them in the house. Well these sets arent THAT big, so maybe double up on rooms.

Shame there's no mannequins though, I'd like to set up the outfits.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
I feel like people are really going to get some mileage out of that frog porch item

The frog stuff is probably the most useful, as far as "I want to use them without making my island look like a Hello Kitty advertisement" standpoint

Chai is gonna replace Phoebe. I don't think I need a sisterly neighbor anymore, I have all the reactions and any lingering recipes I'm still missing could be found in bottles

If I get bored of Chai, I have Phoebe's amiibo, so I could always just bring her back. But Chai will probably occupy the land until the Zelda neighbors come back and then it's EPONA TIME

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
all they said was that it would be later this month. So who knows when it happens

Bunny Day stuff should show up in april

MrPickles

Oct 25, 2017
Re-posting for the new page.

--

So after nearly a year of collecting art I am itching to complete my collection. If anybody would like to trade art I have my duplicates listed below. If you would prefer to sell your art or you don't need any of mine I am willing to pay handsomely, 500,000 bells each. Feel free to DM or quote me here. Thanks.

For Trade:
Common Painting (2)
Famous Painting (1)
Glowing Painting (1)
Moody Painting (4)
Scary Painting (2)
Sinking Painting (2)

Need:
Basic Painting
Calm Painting
Detailed Painting
Great Statue
Informative Statue
Mysterious Painting
Robust Statue
Rock-head Statue
Wild Painting Left
Wild Painting Right
Worthy Painting

Edit: Updated as of March 15. Thanks to everybody who has been able to help thus far.

Redd is on my island today with a real basic painting if you want to come and get it!

Mike Works

Oct 28, 2017
Alright I need some big help here.

I tried downloading the update and it gave me a corrupt error. Wouldn't let me redownload it. Tried updating system software, it was up to date.

Rebooted the system and now it says it can't read my SD card (which AC was on).

The internet says I might have to reformat my SD card.

I obviously really don't want to lose my island. I'm pretty sure it's been backing up every day, but I obviously can't check now.

So what do I do? If I downloaded AC onto the Switch instead of the SD could I try and load my save that way?

Jan 2, 2018
Massachusetts
Potentially a new bug with the update: I walked up to talk to Marshall while he was sitting in a chair outside, and his text balloon popped up with no text. It sat like that for a while and then crashed.

I tried downloading the update and it gave me a corrupt error. Wouldn't let me redownload it. Tried updating system software, it was up to date.

I obviously really don't want to lose my island. I'm pretty sure it's been backing up every day, but I obviously can't check now.

So what do I do? If I downloaded AC onto the Switch instead of the SD could I try and load my save that way?
Both of you might want to try going into the Switch settings and checking for corrupted game data:

Main Switch Menu > System Settings > Data Management > Manage Software > Animal Crossing > Check for Corrupt Data

If there's anything wrong with the game, this should fix it without affecting your island, regardless of what you were doing. I had a similar issue where my villagers were all buggin out when I tried to talk to them, and this fixed it.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017

The patch before this one caused my game to crash constantly and I ended up just moving my Animal Crossing install off my SD card onto the system and it fixed it.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Both of you might want to try going into the Switch settings and checking for corrupted game data:

Main Switch Menu > System Settings > Data Management > Manage Software > Animal Crossing > Check for Corrupt Data

If there's anything wrong with the game, this should fix it without affecting your island, regardless of what you were doing. I had a similar issue where my villagers were all buggin out when I tried to talk to them, and this fixed it.
I didn't even know that was possible on switch. It says corrupt data was found. Interesting. I wonder what caused it. Hope the re-download fixes it. Thanks a lot!

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Save games are always on the console's memory, so your save is safe, just redownload the game.

If your SD card is not in FAT32 format but NTFS or exFAT, format it in FAT32 (use a tool if Windows won't let you), I've read that the Switch could have issue with NTFS or exFAT and could someday corrupt game's data and then the SD card.

If your PC can read the SD card, you can copy its content, format it in FAT32 then copy it back on it, the Switch won't see any change, it will just work (unless data is indeed corrupted).

Jan 2, 2018
Massachusetts
I didn't even know that was possible on switch. It says corrupt data was found. Interesting. I wonder what caused it. Hope the re-download fixes it. Thanks a lot!
Nice, I'm pretty confident it'll be ok cuz that's exactly how it played out for me. Happened like a month or two ago, just started playing one day and things were buggin and crashing, so I don't think it's update specific.

meataem

Teyvat Traveler
Jun 29, 2019
Does anyone here happen to have a Pink Giant Ribbon or a Blue Cooler they'd be willing to touch trade?

EDIT: Got helped by a kind soul!

Last edited:

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Order pickup or drive up only for the Sanrio cards.

Not happy about this at all, as it's signaling that the card element is going to still not receive much support in availability despite on occasion having it be the flagship for their update. Wouldn't be so bad if Nintendo could communicate worth a cent about if Covid is affecting the manufacturing and that they'll try to continue to try and get cards out there over time.

Last edited:

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
I don't really want any of the villagers, but some of the furniture is nice and I have $40 in Target gift cards, so maybe I'll give it a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.