• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GeoGonzo

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Madrid, Spain
Today I noticed a handful of shamrock items on sale. Nook Shopping is selling "soda" on the seasonal tab and Ables had a hat, a suit, shoes and sunglasses.
shamrock-soda.8fe0187.png
shamrock-hat.1f3873c.png
shamrock-suit.74470e3.png
shamrock-shoes.fd50a4d.png
shamrock-sunglasses.e1f89d6.png

There's apparently also a wand, rug and doorplate but not sure how those are obtained yet.

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
Today I noticed a handful of shamrock items on sale. Nook Shopping is selling "soda" on the seasonal tab and Ables had a hat, a suit, shoes and sunglasses.
shamrock-hat.1f3873c.png

There's apparently also a wand, rug and doorplate but not sure how those are obtained yet.
I noticed these today as well. Goes well with the green pipe.

I also caught my first spider crab today. Now to get that damn firefly squid.

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
I dislike the recent trend of the seasonal Nook Shopping items being on a daily rotation. There's only three items and they're only available for a week, why not just put them all out for the entire week? Today I had the rug. When the soda shows up, I'm gonna buy five, lol.

The wand was in the first balloon I popped this morning. Dunno if it was luck or they gave it priority, but hopefully it was the latter.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
The wand was in the first balloon I popped this morning. Dunno if it was luck or they gave it priority, but hopefully it was the latter.

Luck. I popped ballons for 5 hours straight and then traded for the stupid DIY.
I HATE balloon farming. If I could turn off the music, I could at least find them easier.

kodax_shc

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Luck. I popped ballons for 5 hours straight and then traded for the stupid DIY.
I HATE balloon farming. If I could turn off the music, I could at least find them easier.

Randomly decided to pop a balloon today, I have ignored them for months now, when I saw the shamrock wand diy appear I got scared. "Oh no, please don't tell me this is a thing again." Thankfully it was just the one. Whew.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
Had Celeste in my town tonight and got the Pices recipe and had the realization that it had been a while since I last saw her.

I have the Aries, Taurus, Cancer, Leo, Virgo, Libra, Scorpio, Sagittarius, Capricorn and now Pisces recipes. Did I miss anything so far? The Aquarius one maybe?

Andamo

Oct 27, 2017
I've seen in several places that you get the recipe for the Golden Shovel after helping Gulliver 30 times.

I have 43 rusted parts between Gulliver and his pirate counterpart, so I've helped him at least that many times, and I've never received the recipe. Is this information accurate?

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
I've seen in several places that you get the recipe for the Golden Shovel after helping Gulliver 30 times.

I have 43 rusted parts between Gulliver and his pirate counterpart, so I've helped him at least that many times, and I've never received the recipe. Is this information accurate?
It must be Gulliver, specifically.

Andamo

Oct 27, 2017
Thank you! It seems like I see the pirate more often, so that's probably why I haven't gotten it yet.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
I always see islands where you get one good shot at one good angle and the if they ever moved the camera or tried to play the game it'd just look like a mess of stuff

I vastly prefer islands that look more natural and "lived in" rather than a ton of designer stuff with some filters slapped over it

Arilian

Oct 29, 2020
It's funny how that pun only works in English. But it seems to be an intentional design choice, so they must have had her English name in mind very early
It's not hard to find a photo of a Shih Tzu with the same look as her, so it could be the other way: english translators were searching for a pun when someone saw the ressemblance between her head and a bag of bells. Her name is a possible pun in a lot of languages :

animalcrossing.fandom.com

Isabelle

“Good morning, Mayor!” ― Isabelle, when being talked to by the player when the game is first turned on in the morning in New Leaf. Isabelle (しずえ Shizue?) is a dog who debuts in New Leaf. She assists the player in their new role as the town mayor as their secretary and assistant. She is also the...

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
It's not hard to find a photo of a Shih Tzu with the same look as her, so it could be the other way: english translators were searching for a pun when someone saw the ressemblance between her head and a bag of bells. Her name is a possible pun in a lot of languages :

animalcrossing.fandom.com

Isabelle

“Good morning, Mayor!” ― Isabelle, when being talked to by the player when the game is first turned on in the morning in New Leaf. Isabelle (しずえ Shizue?) is a dog who debuts in New Leaf. She assists the player in their new role as the town mayor as their secretary and assistant. She is also the...
She jingles like a bell too dawg. It ain't a coincidence lol

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
how come we can get the shamrock shake, but not the fruit smoothie, tea, soup, etc that the villagers can also drink?

It's all the same animation

Last edited:

kodax_shc

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
So after nearly a year of collecting art I am itching to complete my collection. If anybody would like to trade art I have my duplicates listed below. If you would prefer to sell your art or you don't need any of mine I am willing to pay handsomely, 500,000 bells each. Feel free to DM or quote me here. Thanks.

For Trade:
Common Painting (2)
Famous Painting (1)
Glowing Painting (1)
Moody Painting (4)
Scary Painting (2)
Sinking Painting (2)

Need:
Basic Painting
Calm Painting
Detailed Painting
Great Statue
Informative Statue
Mysterious Painting
Robust Statue
Rock-head Statue
Wild Painting Left
Wild Painting Right
Worthy Painting

Edit: Updated as of March 15. Thanks to everybody who has been able to help thus far.

Last edited:

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
So after nearly a year of collecting art I am itching to complete my collection. If anybody would like to trade art I have my duplicates listed below. If you would prefer to sell your art or you don't need any of mine I am willing to pay handsomely, 500,000 bells each. Feel free to DM or quote me here. Thanks.

For Trade:
Common Painting (2)
Famous Painting (1)
Glowing Painting (1)
Moody Painting (4)
Moving Painting (1)
Proper Painting (1)
Scary Painting (2)
Scenic Painting (1)
Sinking Painting (2)

Need:
Basic Painting
Beautiful Statue
Calm Painting
Detailed Painting
Dynamic Painting
Great Statue
Informative Statue
Mysterious Painting
Robust Statue
Rock-head Statue
Solemn Painting
Wild Painting Left
Wild Painting Right
Wistful Painting
Worthy Painting
I actually have a genuine beautiful statue for you. I'm in need of a Moving painting.

Nov 25, 2019
Say, does anyone have a black Safe? Thinking of giving one to Dobie
I got a black safe today, are you still looking for it? :D

This week was good, Redd had a genuine painting, Zucker sent us a genuine Rock-head Statue (which I swear was a fake and only noticed it was real thanks to the catalog app), Celeste visited and the Shamrock wand DIY was on like the fifth balloon I popped.

magimix

Dec 9, 2018
Heavy meteor shower happening on Skyhold this evening. Swing by if you want to get your wishes on.

Edit: Closed now.

Last edited:

BigTime_2018

Dec 31, 2018
Been playing this game for almost a year (since launch day), and I haven't even fully furnished my house yet. I'm not confident I will at this point. This always happens with me and Animal Crossing games lol

wiiucollector

Aug 5, 2018
Germany
I have almost zero interest in decorating my house. I only made an effort to get the gold medal. Some people do impress me with theirs, but I much prefer wandering around my 5 frames per second island.

I've had a second wave with this game, renovating areas in anticipation of the Sanrio items that cannot come quickly enough for me. I keep hoping they'll leak already (and yes I know they are probably tied to an actual update). I've pretty much prepared things for where I want everything to go - possibly the most hyped I've been, a year and 2000 hours later.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I've had a second wave with this game, renovating areas in anticipation of the Sanrio items that cannot come quickly enough for me. I keep hoping they'll leak already (and yes I know they are probably tied to an actual update).
The update for the Sanrio items is coming on the 18th, even though the rerelease of the cards isn't until the 26th. Though of course some people already have the originals. Or made their own bootlegs.

Deleted member 51957

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 14, 2019
My wife and I have suddenly gotten way back into this game. I'm wondering how we play the stalk market online nowadays? I know at launch there were discord channels and all sorts of ways to queue up, but I'm not sure if those exist anymore since the community may not be as active as it was a year ago. We just put all our bells into Turnips today with the hope to no longer be poor.

GeoGonzo

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Madrid, Spain
My wife and I have suddenly gotten way back into this game. I'm wondering how we play the stalk market online nowadays? I know at launch there were discord channels and all sorts of ways to queue up, but I'm not sure if those exist anymore since the community may not be as active as it was a year ago. We just put all our bells into Turnips today with the hope to no longer be poor.
I haven't bought turnips in quite a while but I believe Turnip Exchange used to be a decent place to find islands selling at good prices (between wednesday and friday, mostly?)

MrPickles

Oct 25, 2017

For Trade:
Common Painting (2)
Famous Painting (1)
Glowing Painting (1)
Moody Painting (4)
Proper Painting (1)
Scary Painting (2)
Scenic Painting (1)
Sinking Painting (2)

Need:
Basic Painting
Calm Painting
Detailed Painting
Dynamic Painting
Great Statue
Informative Statue
Mysterious Painting
Robust Statue
Rock-head Statue
Solemn Painting
Wild Painting Left
Wild Painting Right
Wistful Painting
Worthy Painting

If you still need a Wistful I have an extra. Could drop it off tomorrow.

MrPickles

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone need materials? Specifically star fragments (regular), wood (all), branches, clay, pumpkins? Also have 21 Sahara tickets I don't need.

Need to clean out the house storage as I've reached the cap lol

Oct 29, 2017
shamrock-hat.1f3873c.png

I got the doorplate from Nook Shopping, and the wand from a balloon present. Haven't gotten a rug yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.