• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
Very cute event (the final item is very nice) but...you know, I had thought that the customization would just use the respective colored feathers. So if you wanted the purple stage, you'd use purple feathers. Like the pumpkins!
Instead they ALL require 2 rainbow feathers....how annoying.
Oh well I'm not really going for An All Customizations catalog.

Made sure to keep one of each feather, too. They dont show up in the catalog but they can be used like hats

Agreed, that was super odd! Also, why is this thread so dead~~~ it's FESTIVALE y'all! lol

Typically I'm disappointed in this games furniture variety, but these items far eclipse the Pavé furniture set from NL.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
Agreed, that was super odd! Also, why is this thread so dead~~~ it's FESTIVALE y'all! lol

Typically I'm disappointed in this games furniture variety, but these items far eclipse the Pavé furniture set from NL.
I like it too but honestly I really loved the CF/NL Pave Set and its a shame its now an outdoors set. I'd have loved the new aesthetic applied to the old set

GeoGonzo

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Madrid, Spain
Made sure to keep one of each feather, too. They dont show up in the catalog but they can be used like hats
Ooh thanks for pointing this out!
I've managed to collect two copies of every item in each colour, and 8 of the final item, so I'm all festivaled out.
tenor.gif

Oct 27, 2017
Newnan, GA
Very cute event (the final item is very nice) but...you know, I had thought that the customization would just use the respective colored feathers. So if you wanted the purple stage, you'd use purple feathers. Like the pumpkins!
Instead they ALL require 2 rainbow feathers....how annoying.
Oh well I'm not really going for An All Customizations catalog.
Yeah, I discovered I was better off just going through the rotation of turning in 3 of each color multiple times to get the full set of all colors. Customization would have taken more time and feathers.

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
Anyone have a link that shows all items in all colors? I think I'm good with the rainbow set for all, but wanted to double check.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I ain't gonna lie, Festivale was a lot more fun than I expected. I have an island full of cuties and they were all running up to me and dancing. I replaced the fountain in the town square with a stage for today and they were all running over and dancing on it. 😂

jnWake

Oct 25, 2017
Festivale gameplay wise was meh but the villagers dancing were really cute and Pave's dialogue is so random that I had a ton of fun.

NotSelf

Oct 26, 2017
when I started the event I told myself I just need one float and I'm done but some how I ended up with three guess I really enjoyed it.

Hope they do something different with the Mario items next month imagine Mario and Luigi showing up at the plaza it would be kinda weird but I'll be down for that.

Mike Works

Oct 28, 2017
So if I want a bunch of confetti machines is there anything specific I should be doing in this event? I'm assuming it ends at 5am?

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
The float was the only item I didn't have. But I made sure to stock up 20+ rainbow feathers in case I need to go on a customization spree at some point. Don't like how the rainbow feathers won't stack in inventory slots, though.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Happy the event runs until 5AM or I would have missed it - the float is a neat item.

I wish the villagers in AC would use the items I place in the environment - they are ignoring my beach festivale installation.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Festivale was a nice way to close out my Monday. Everyone looked so stinkin cute. I plan on leaving some Festivale items, like the stalls, out year round.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
I enjoyed Festivale well enough as well. Not sure I'll use the items, and that float is huge, but yeah, it was very joyous and lively!

Deleted member 2317

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Festivale might have been the coolest event I've taken part in, that confetti rain was just gorgeous 😂 The float, drums, little square feather lamps, and globe balloons will have a permanent place on our island.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
It almost feels like the backlash to the Bunny Day event caused the rest of the events to be much shorter. I think we need to find some sort of happy medium where you can enjoy the items that you get during the event for a slightly longer period of time before all the special characters leave.
You were able to buy all the festivale items in the lead up to festivale in nooks

MrPickles

Oct 25, 2017
I loved the festivale event! One minor quality of life thing that made it a lot better - feathers didn't disappear if you missed or ran by. Small, yes, but a game changer when you're trying to collect every item in every color and then find yourself going overboard to get more confetti machines.

Anyway, does anyone have a brown antique chair or brown antique bureau I could catalog?

Oct 27, 2017
Aaargh. Trying to get Frobert the frog to move in from my campsite. I only want to get rid of Willow, I'm happy with all my other villagers.

I've been talking to this damn frog for an hour and half, I've played the stupid card game about a billion times and we've been through every. single. villager other than willow at least 3 times.

And now he just suggests Patty over and over and over and over.....

I am actually just going to have to buy an Amino card to get rid of Willow, mission accomplished Nintendo I guess. Raaaaage.

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
What sort of updates are we all hoping for / expecting this year?

I'll start with a few...
  • The Roost
  • AC: Puzzle League
  • Flower organization improvements (my island is a mess lol)
  • A multiplayer area separate from the island (eg. meeting up to play multiplayer games or something)
  • Mario content behind held for MAR10 day :)
  • Villager house customization + quests similar to what the start of the game had
  • Nooks Cranny upgrade

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
I'm hoping we get a general timeline of support for 2021 so we can better know what to expect throughout the year.

MrPickles

Oct 25, 2017
Redd is here with:

-Real Moody Painting
-Real Proper Painting
-Fake Informative Statue
-Board Game (Territory)
-Cute Wardrobe (Yellow)

Nook's has:
-Garbage Pail (Blue)
-Typewriter (Silver)
-Candle (Gold)
-Electric Guitar (Natural wood)
-Celebratory Candles (Black)

I also have an assortment of rugs/flooring/wallpapers from Sahara on the beach that are free. Turnips are 121. Dm for dodo if you want to come.

Last edited:

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017

I'll start with a few...
  • The Roost
  • A multiplayer area separate from the island (eg. meeting up to play multiplayer games or something)
  • Villager house customization + quests similar to what the start of the game had
  • Nooks Cranny upgrade
Yes please to all this. Even gardening gloves to easily just pick up flowers without breaking my shovel and not end up picking them.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017

I'll start with a few...
  • The Roost
  • Nooks Cranny upgrade
GIVE ME GRACIEGRACE

It's far past time for new clothes / furniture. DO IT YOU COWARDS.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York

I'll start with a few...
  • The Roost
  • Nooks Cranny upgrade
Bringing back the amiibo crossover neighbors from New Leaf

I want Epona...

LightBang

Mar 16, 2018
Started a new island on new year. Having a lot of fun slowly building the island and roleplaying.

I won't change anything besides moving my own house, no landscaping, nothing. At least until I "finish" this iteration of the island. Currently finalizing the solar and windmill farm that feed the islands power, we are friends of the environment, despite the hundreds of fish and bugs taken weekly.

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago

I'll start with a few...
  • The Roost
  • Nooks Cranny upgrade

hahaha, welp

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Wish we got the Big Bro and Little Bro shirts back, too. They'd be incredibly simple additions (just t-shirt recolors) and nice little nods to the older Animal Crossing games

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Overall I am super happy with what was shown, though it would have been nice to get some Daisy and Rosalina clothing items too.

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
Since this updates hits next week, I'm still hopeful there's something big planned for next month.

The idea of taking the time to demolish a large area to build up a Mario course just sounds exhausting, lmao. I'll use the warp pipes, and will probably use a couple mushroom platforms in my normal decorating. Maybe a Thwomp.

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Given most of the other updates in the game, this one is more than I expected. It was a pleasant surprise to see that much interaction with some of the items. Bit of a bummer Peach's attire is the only feminine option, though I guess it helps balance out with the Mermaid collection.

However, I do wish there was something of an indication on where this is all going now that we're practically on the eve of the one year mark. Even if it was the usual NPC or other singular tease that they usually do.

Status
Not open for further replies.