• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EJS

The Fallen
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
Do you guys have an active community / Discord? I just re-started my island, looking to get into this to unwind at night.

dgco86

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, yes, a couple, and no. I chucked any extra white lilies since they can be bought with seeds. I'm about to go to bed but I'll message you tomorrow or Saturday if you're interested to setup a delivery.

Thanks for the offer. Turns out my niece had a few stacks of those flowers so I should have enough for now.

Last edited:

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
I'm pretty disappointed neighbors don't react to receiving money envelopes, even though they all acknowledge the lunar new year :(

I handed Dobie one and he just said "I don't know what to do with this, but thanks"

although he did give me his photo afterwards, so it wasn't too bad

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty disappointed neighbors don't react to receiving money envelopes, even though they all acknowledge the lunar new year :(

I handed Dobie one and he just said "I don't know what to do with this, but thanks"

although he did give me his photo afterwards, so it wasn't too bad
Yeah that was lame. I thought Puck would like the pouch of money...

New Donker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Long shot, but I have an open spot and would love Roald to move in. I can give nook miles or bells for him. He was my absolutely favorite villager in the original...

if this isn't allowed I'll definitely delete my post!

MrPickles

Oct 25, 2017
I've got plenty of blue roses. I need to get a hold of some more green mums myself, though. I only have like four. 😭

If you want some green mums, send me a dodo and I can bring some by. I'll try to keep an eye on here too.

Thanks for the offer. Turns out my niece had a few stacks of those flowers so I should have enough for now.

Cool!

If anyone else needs any flowers, let me know! Have wayyyyyyy too many.

NotSelf

Oct 26, 2017
Long shot, but I have an open spot and would love Roald to move in. I can give nook miles or bells for him. He was my absolutely favorite villager in the original...

if this isn't allowed I'll definitely delete my post!

Nookazon is probably going to be the best place to acquire any villager you want from other players.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Is KK's birthday concert before or after your birthday?

mine is Monday, wasn't sure if I had to wait an entire week because I'll forget, or if I can just do it tomorrow

lazybones18

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have a listing of the Festivale items that can be bought from Nook's Cranny? It feels like I'm missing one item

EJS

The Fallen
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
I restarted my island and feel so behind now lol. I forgot all the rudimentary stuff you need to do before you actually can get going.

Oct 28, 2017
I restarted my island and feel so behind now lol. I forgot all the rudimentary stuff you need to do before you actually can get going.
I honestly don't know how people have the courage to restart, I've flattened and rebuilt my island a few times over but wiping the system's data is just wild to me. Then again, I've been heavily invested into DIY recipe collection, which is the one thing you can't get back super easily unless you're good friends with a "Treasure Island" owner. (Treasure Island = good samaritan hackers, basically.)

EJS

The Fallen
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
I honestly don't know how people have the courage to restart, I've flattened and rebuilt my island a few times over but wiping the system's data is just wild to me. Then again, I've been heavily invested into DIY recipe collection, which is the one thing you can't get back super easily unless you're good friends with a "Treasure Island" owner. (Treasure Island = good samaritan hackers, basically.)
I kind of regret it but I also find it somewhat relaxing. I think I was putting too much time into it to start so I was defeating its purpose, if that makes sense? It wasn't the 'unwind game' for me and I got burnt out. Playing 40 minutes a day might keep it fresh again. I haven't played since the summer, for reference.

MoogleWizard

Oct 27, 2017
I can't believe Isabelle finally left resident services, if only to walk to the airport and send me a letter. Also...
EuMUxgdVEAIeWl2

You don't have hands, silly!

Nov 25, 2019
There's also an extra line of dialogue related to Valentine's if you give your islanders a gift. I don't know if its any gift, but the chocolate heart and heart-shaped bouquet work.

MrPickles

Oct 25, 2017
There's also an extra line of dialogue related to Valentine's if you give your islanders a gift. I don't know if its any gift, but the chocolate heart and heart-shaped bouquet work.

Do you happen to know if they will display the bouquet or chocolate? I don't like villagers displaying random things but I wouldn't mind seeing this dialogue. The dialogue doesn't seem to work if it's a non-valentine gift.

Is tomorrow when the snow finally goes away for us Northern hemisphere islanders?

Meteonook says snowy season ends 2/25.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
It is so annoying how you cant give villagers items if they're sitting down (barring instacnes where you have to deliver an item).

And sometimes they sit for a long time.

Oct 27, 2017
Why is it that whenever I'm engaged in a landscaping project one of my villagers arrives and starts wandering about getting in the way. Go away Phil! Stop sitting down with your drink right where I'm trying to lay a path!

Nov 25, 2019
Do you happen to know if they will display the bouquet or chocolate? I don't like villagers displaying random things but I wouldn't mind seeing this dialogue. The dialogue doesn't seem to work if it's a non-valentine gift.
Unfortunately, I don't know. I have seen conflicting reports, so I'll discover tomorrow if they have two bouquets/chocolates on their homes. If you're worried they may display them, I took pictures of the dialogue if you want to see it :)

holeung

Oct 28, 2017
It is so annoying how you cant give villagers items if they're sitting down (barring instacnes where you have to deliver an item).

And sometimes they sit for a long time.
Just run towards them, they will stand up in a sec :D
(only work for those sitting on the floor not chairs)

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
Why is it that whenever I'm engaged in a landscaping project one of my villagers arrives and starts wandering about getting in the way. Go away Phil! Stop sitting down with your drink right where I'm trying to lay a path!
I think the game just causes animals to gravitate around you if you're in an area for awhile. When I'm just running around all over, animals are rarely ever hanging out my western beach, but whenever I camped over there to hunt balloons, one or two (or three) animals would manage to find their way over there before long.

MrPickles

Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately, I don't know. I have seen conflicting reports, so I'll discover tomorrow if they have two bouquets/chocolates on their homes. If you're worried they may display them, I took pictures of the dialogue if you want to see it :)

I ended up giving some of my villagers gifts. Pretty cute, and cool that they wrote in dialogue for it. I don't have a smug on my island right now though, so not sure what they would have said.

I think the game just causes animals to gravitate around you if you're in an area for awhile. When I'm just running around all over, animals are rarely ever hanging out my western beach, but whenever I camped over there to hunt balloons, one or two (or three) animals would manage to find their way over there before long.

Yeah I think so too. There always seems to be one near me when terraforming, and sometimes when I'm at the back of my island stargazing or something one of them wanders back.

Also, Kabuki follows me around quite a bit and sings. It's just so darn adorable.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
This event is EN FUEGO. I love how all villagers walk up to sprinkle confetti on me. And that it doesn't require a lot of work to get all the items.

Dizzy Ukulele

Oct 28, 2017
Pudge was the only neighbour not to give me a valentines gift yesterday and now he's sat in his house on Fesitvale.

This is so in character.

wiiucollector

Aug 5, 2018
Germany
513 turnips.

CKTC8

Shop is up top - you'll have to use the map.

I don't mind anyone sticking around to fish, hunt, explore, etc, but please don't shake a money tree.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
Very cute event (the final item is very nice) but...you know, I had thought that the customization would just use the respective colored feathers. So if you wanted the purple stage, you'd use purple feathers. Like the pumpkins!
Instead they ALL require 2 rainbow feathers....how annoying.
Oh well I'm not really going for An All Customizations catalog.

Made sure to keep one of each feather, too. They dont show up in the catalog but they can be used like hats

Status
Not open for further replies.