• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MoogleWizard

Oct 27, 2017
Sanrio cards being re-printed and distributed in the US for the first time. Seems to me like there is a good chance that they will add the villagers in the March update. Otherwise it's kind of misleading to imply that these are used for New Horizon when all they do is unlock a poster currently.
What happens when you use these cards now? Do the characters have a model and you can invite them to Harv's island like Rover? If not, I wouldn't get my hopes up. We should have learned by now not to expect too much. 😬

kodax_shc

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
What happens when you use these cards now? Do the characters have a model and you can invite them to Harv's island like Rover? If not, I wouldn't get my hopes up. We should have learned by now not to expect too much. 😬

If you use the card at Harv's island you unlock a sanrio poster. That's it.

You are probably right but I'm trying to be optimistic.

~

I am also hoping that the Felyne villager from the Monster Hunter amiibo might also make a return in the march update given that MH Rise also launches in late march alongside the smash amiibo and sanrio amiibo cards.

Last edited:

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Looks like a new reaction, too. A dance one, finally.

This is exactly what I expected from this update, nothing big and largely focusing on the event.
Wanted Resetti event for Groundhogs Day. Wanted more for valentines day.

Game keeps me. wanting, which means I be waiting. All my friends have dropped off, which is standard for AC games, but I'd love for them to come back especially with real life hangouts not being possible for almost a full year.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
I feel like the March update is going to add more villagers, but since they were just announcing the Jan update today, they didn't want to get ahead of themselves.

I would be very surprised if the Sanrio villagers aren't added in the March update.

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Tiki bar items are cool. Sanrio cards going to get bot'd into non-existence?
That's my concern as well. The November reprint runs of the series cards have been practically non-existent. Only things I can think of that favor Nintendo going hard in production here are 1)Target wanting to get the most out of this promotion and 2)it's all the same cards in each pack, so of course that's going to be the one that meets demand or there's a surplus of.

Last edited:

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Oh, also, since bean festival is shafted as well (no oni masks), does anyone have Japanese region New Leaf? I've wanted the oni masks for 7 years...

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Sounds like a bad and twisted idea to release the Sanrio cards again but not make the Sanrio villagers available in-game as well to be honest. I wanna believe!

Nov 25, 2019
Update has the content expected. I'm really loving the new items, so far we've seen:

*Confetti cannon
*Drums
*Stalls
*Floor lights
*Parasol standing on ground
*Banners
*Those weird flags
*The floor thing
*Balloons

All of them come on a green and red variant.

There's also other items and tools:

*Chocolate box (Valentine's)
*Heart bouquet (Valentine's)
*Megaphone (Super Bowl) [comes in at least 4 variations)
*Football rug (Super Bowl)
*3 items related to the Koren year that I can't identify :(
*Mr. Resetti figurine (Groundhog Day)
*Throwing beans (Setsubun)
*OH THE MARACAS HOW COULD I FORGET ABOUT THE MARACAS

Last edited:

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
I get the biggest birthday party of them all

the entire island will be full of confetti and dancing

They even got world famous dancer Pave to show up for the celebration

r_n

Oct 25, 2017

Lots of interesting little details here.
Looks like a new Stall, balloons/lights, placeable floor (rug?),a few other new items (confetti blaster, the Festivale umbrellas, banners, front lights, drums and hanging lights plus some new outfits.

Guessing this is the new Pave set which is another outdoor-focused set which bugs me.

It also bugs me because the Pave series was one of my favorite series in the game and I like how weirdly understated it was and now I get none of it.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Guessing this is the new Pave set which is another outdoor-focused set which bugs me.

It also bugs me because the Pave series was one of my favorite series in the game and I like how weirdly understated it was and now I get none of it.
There's always next year....

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Nintendo is going to drip this all the way to the end still better then nothing.

Yes and it's a shame.

It's amazing how stubborn Nintendo is. Like, I feel like the post launch content for this game was decided way ahead of time and no matter how much the game sold they were going to stick to their guns and just release the updates the same way regardless.

It's just another small update that's "nice" for people who still play the game. Stuff like this is not going to bring back people who stopped playing months ago.

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Whats funny is that I love Pave and his weirdness and I always thought the plain jane blue/white stuff for his furniture set was really weird. It should be super flamboyant and i think that really comes across with this new set.

What if these are all balloon DIYs

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
I've got Diva in boxes today, if anyone is looking for a new Sisterly villager. She's got a cool Egyptian/Zodiac house theme (and aside from her starting furniture, I gave her a Taurus bathtub and Capricorn ornament).

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
Whats funny is that I love Pave and his weirdness and I always thought the plain jane blue/white stuff for his furniture set was really weird. It should be super flamboyant and i think that really comes across with this new set.

What if these are all balloon DIYs
at the very least i'm willing to compromise have the old set but recolored to the more festive greens and yellows we see on display, then customize it into other colors

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like the March update is going to add more villagers, but since they were just announcing the Jan update today, they didn't want to get ahead of themselves.

I would be very surprised if the Sanrio villagers aren't added in the March update.
I hope you're right, but with the way these updates have been going, I'm not so optimistic.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
My optimistic take on "more villagers" theories is "adding all the amiibo villagers"

The hello kitty reprints feel obvious but let's not forget we're getting Mario items in March too, and while it is not by any means a guarantee, it would make sense to add the other nintendo items and if they do that then they may as well bring back the remaining Nintendo amiibo villagers: Medli, Epona, W. Link, Ganon, Inkwell, Cece & Viche. Maybe Feyline & the monster hunter set? The zelda villagers in particular would be fitting for the anniversary this year too.

Little weird they didn't add any mario-themed villagers, in retrospect. Like sure there's Louie but....more overt. If you can make squirrels based on inkling sisters I'm sure you can make some goofy mustachioed villagers or even a frog villager based on toad or whatever.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
I hope you're right, but with the way these updates have been going, I'm not so optimistic.
The images they used teasing the March update were Mario power-ups, which makes me feel that all the Nintendo amiibo characters will be added then, so I imagine that makes it an ideal time for the Sanrio villagers too.

It'll be the one year anniversary soon which seems like the perfect opportunity for more villagers to be added.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
The images they used teasing the March update were Mario power-ups, which makes me feel that all the Nintendo amiibo characters will be added then, so I imagine that makes it an ideal time for the Sanrio villagers too.
I would love that. The reason I'm hesitant to believe is because its been almost a year now and they haven't added a single villager yet.

Oct 28, 2017
I would love that. The reason I'm hesitant to believe is because its been almost a year now and they haven't added a single villager yet.
I hate using New Leaf as a point of reference for New Horizons but they added something like 80 Villagers via amiibo support three years after New Leaf came out. Animal Crossing games are always slow burns, not about instant gratification.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
I hate using New Leaf as a point of reference for New Horizons but they added something like 80 Villagers via amiibo support three years after New Leaf came out. Animal Crossing games are always slow burns, not about instant gratification.
I kind of get what you mean but it is a little laughable to go for "slow burn" as a descriptor on Welcome Amiibo which was an instant gratification of like 300 items, 80 villagers (that, with their amiibo, was itself able to be instant gratification) and assorted misc content added all at once and almost all of it more-or-less accessible once the update was out.

it wasn't a slow build to that point as it was a dump truck because they made a bunch of new stuff for HHD & I assume as they were making nnew (old) villagers they were just like hey wait why dont we just bring this to NL too

Oct 28, 2017
I kind of get what you mean but it is a little laughable to go for "slow burn" as a descriptor on Welcome Amiibo which was an instant gratification of like 300 items, 80 villagers (that, with their amiibo, was itself able to be instant gratification) and assorted misc content added all at once and almost all of it more-or-less accessible once the update was out.

it wasn't a slow build to that point as it was a dump truck because they made a bunch of new stuff for HHD & I assume as they were making nnew (old) villagers they were just like hey wait why dont we just bring this to NL too
Unless you TT, you can only scan one amiibo a day (if you're lucky enough to have them) and the Meow Coupons progression itself was frustratingly slow, if I remember correctly (it was very similar to the current Nook Miles system). I actually quit playing New Leaf the day FFXIV ARR came out, so my memory may not be the best on this. I do remember having to scan the same chip several days in a row just to be able to get all of a single camper's furniture due to the five item ordering limits or what have you.

Conrad Link

Oct 29, 2017
New Zealand
If Nintendo adds Ganon back in they can do whatever they want after that! I'd be so happy. <3

Also great to see more reprints of the amiibo cards, as someone who collects them hardcore I'm happy to (hopefully) be able to get that series this time. Hopefully we see more of the caravan ones.

Also, happy birthday Aurora! <3

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
My optimistic take on "more villagers" theories is "adding all the amiibo villagers"

The hello kitty reprints feel obvious but let's not forget we're getting Mario items in March too, and while it is not by any means a guarantee, it would make sense to add the other nintendo items and if they do that then they may as well bring back the remaining Nintendo amiibo villagers: Medli, Epona, W. Link, Ganon, Inkwell, Cece & Viche. Maybe Feyline & the monster hunter set? The zelda villagers in particular would be fitting for the anniversary this year too.

Little weird they didn't add any mario-themed villagers, in retrospect. Like sure there's Louie but....more overt. If you can make squirrels based on inkling sisters I'm sure you can make some goofy mustachioed villagers or even a frog villager based on toad or whatever.

I wonder if maybe they'd put the new villagers/items out in waves to promote things? Mario out in March, Zelda out after a Zelda Direct, etc. They could even have a higher rate of campsite visits during a promotional period.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Wonder if the Nintendo neighbors would just be added as "normal" neighbors (so like... you could start a fresh file and get Inkwell as your first neighbor) or if they'd continue to be Amiibo exclusive

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone had a case of a villager taking down a door decoration? I gave Audie a Seashell wreath for her door, which she put up. But now a few days later, I noticed it's not there anymore.

HighFive

Oct 25, 2017
Well, this future update look meh. Crossing fingers March updste will bring version 2.0 and lots of new stuff. It will now be a year it got released.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
Is that glitch from early December where neighbors wouldn't replace their wreath with a gifted one if they had a previous one still around?

The wreaths are still bugged. It took me 4 tries to get a new villager to put one up. It happens with door plaques too.
My mom has been trying to get Poncho to change out his snowflake wreath for a week and he refuses.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Yes and it's a shame.

It's amazing how stubborn Nintendo is. Like, I feel like the post launch content for this game was decided way ahead of time and no matter how much the game sold they were going to stick to their guns and just release the updates the same way regardless.

It's just another small update that's "nice" for people who still play the game. Stuff like this is not going to bring back people who stopped playing months ago.

Why would they care? It isn't like they get more money from people who keep playing like a MMO.

MrPickles

Oct 25, 2017
Sucks that the Festival event is on a work day (for me). First event that has been that way for me.

Trailer was pretty bland, though it sounds like some furniture stuff is being added that wasn't in the trailer which is cool.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Sucks that the Festival event is on a work day (for me). First event that has been that way for me.

Trailer was pretty bland, though it sounds like some furniture stuff is being added that wasn't in the trailer which is cool.
It's fine. But it's not the kind of update I've been hoping for. I need something big, like a new shop. I'm dying for them to patch in GracieGrace. And new villagers, of course.

MoogleWizard

Oct 27, 2017
I stopped watching island tours months ago because I got tired of seeing the same "Cottagecore" island for the 100th time, but this popped up in my recommendations today and I'm glad I clicked. It's an all-penguin Ikea island, such a cool idea.

Kamala

Sep 22, 2019
Trailers are nice and all, but I can't wait until the datamine, to see just Nintendo didn't want us to see...
Getting so close to the update, too! It'll be interesting to see if any other possible future update stuff is inserted into the code... or taken out...
Jan 27, 2021 at 8:00 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.