• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Factory 1.21

Oct 29, 2017
Colorado, USA
Need to grab the images off my Switch later, but had anyone else had one of their villagers give a multi-prompt rant about how they realized they were in a game (and making fun of stuff that's hand-waived by the game at the same time) but then at the end was "nah, that couldn't be true"?
Deli ("lazy" monkey I'm never going to set free) has a speech about how the island's economy works. He's pretty suspicious about it.

MoogleWizard

Oct 27, 2017
First new roster of villagers of 2021!

I think Dom and Kiki are most popular on here but I'm going to give them all a shot.

EqvlxZ-XAAEpxr2
Ken is great. He has the best house and photo in the game. He's my favorite smug villager now, sorry Raymond. It's a shame their dialogue is so samey, I won't be able to tolerate both at the same time for very long because of this.

MrPickles

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, I need to get rid of some recipes.

I have the following if anyone wants them:

Acoustic Guitar
Apple Wall
Bamboo drum
Beekeeper's Hive
Bonfire
Cherry hat
Cutting board
Festive Rug
Festive Top Set
Golden Seat
Iron armor
Ironwood dresser
Jungle flooring
Log dining table
Log extra-long sofa
Log pack
Lucky gold cat x2
Mermaid dresser
Natural Garden Table
Orange wall
Peach dress
Peach rug
Peach surprise box
Rustic-stone wall
Wild-wood wall
Windflower fan
Woodland wall

If you want any, send me a message/dodo code with what you want and I'll drop them off.

If anyone has these, I need the following recipes and would love to take them off your hands:
Aroma Pot
Bamboo Flooring
Chic Mum Crown
Chic Rose Crown
Cool Hyacinth Crown
Cool Hyacinth Wreath
Cool Pansy Crown
Cool Windflower Crown
Cool Windflower Wreath
Cosmos Wreath
Dark Cosmos Crown
Dark Lily Crown
Fancy Mum Wreath
Flower Stand
Gold Rose Crown
Gold Rose Wreath
Gold-screen Wall
Lily Wreath
Magazine Rack
Mum Wreath
Plain Wooden Shop Sign
Purple Hyacinth Crown
Purple Pansy Crown
Purple Windflower Crown
Rose Crown
Shell Arch
Steel Flooring
Summer-shell rug

Bumping for the Sunday afternoon/evening crowd. Added a few recipes to the list I have available too.

Oct 28, 2017
4 years until I can finish off this room then, lol. It seems the zodiac animals may not have been all inserted yet.

Has anyone tried time traveling to other years and found differently?
Most of the newly added events are time locked. You have to connect to the internet and have Nintendo's clock verify that we've actually experienced that time/date in real life to experience it in the game, so I don't think TTing can help with this. I know hackers got their hands on the items early, but I'm not sure how (possibly spoofing the date checks?). I also don't know if Nintendo added the other 11 Zodiac Animal models to the game yet.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Shooting stars tonight! Hopefully Celeste pops up because I need the new Capricorn recipe. Already got one fragment from some random meteors last night.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Finally got the illuminated tree recipe! Now just three more festive recipes to go. Then I will start focusing on making perfect snowmen.

someday

Oct 25, 2017
Turnips are selling for 635 on my island today. Let me know if you want to sell. It just turned noon so price will be here for many hours.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
My friends were running around with their light sticks from New Year's Eve, and it was really cute!!

Mar 3, 2018
Hey y'all, sorry if this has been asked a million times and don't wanna shit the thread up, but to summarize; I played this in April and the constant menu navigations and small things like only being able to make one thing at a time etc really frustrated me so I stopped. I remembered asking a few months ago whether there's been much QOL changes in that regard and people said it's coming soon. Well, it's winter here and my cities in lockdown again for foreseeable future. Curious if there have been changes when it comes to thing i mentioned and beyond that. Wanna give it a try again if there has been improvements. Appreciate any input. Cheers!

Oct 28, 2017
Hey y'all, sorry if this has been asked a million times and don't wanna shit the thread up, but to summarize; I played this in April and the constant menu navigations and small things like only being able to make one thing at a time etc really frustrated me so I stopped. I remembered asking a few months ago whether there's been much QOL changes in that regard and people said it's coming soon. Well, it's winter here and my cities in lockdown again for foreseeable future. Curious if there have been changes when it comes to thing i mentioned and beyond that. Wanna give it a try again if there has been improvements. Appreciate any input. Cheers!
No, there have been zero QoL improvements in these areas of the game. I don't know who told you those updates are coming soon, but there has been zero news from the Animal Crossing team so far with regards towards menu or crafting improvements. In addition to that, there is almost no way to get the most highly desired DIY recipes other than spending hours and hours grinding out balloon popping. If this game wasn't working for you back in April, you'd be highly dissatisfied with a return at the moment.

That all being said, Animal Crossing: New Horizons is exactly my jam and I love it, I just respect the fact that this style of game is not for everyone.

Mar 3, 2018
No, there have been zero QoL improvements in these areas of the game. I don't know who told you those updates are coming soon, but there has been zero news from the Animal Crossing team so far with regards towards menu or crafting improvements. In addition to that, there is almost no way to get the most highly desired DIY recipes other than spending hours and hours grinding out balloon popping. If this game wasn't working for you back in April, you'd be highly dissatisfied with a return at the moment.

That all being said, Animal Crossing: New Horizons is exactly my jam and I love it, I just respect the fact that this style of game is not for everyone.

ahh ok. Appreciate the response and honesty. I had had that QoL was coming from a few people in some other threes but I guess they were just assuming as well.

I do enjoy what the game is at its core, but the things I mentioned really tire me out. Although I did spend hours and hours playing back then everyday since I had nothing else to do, and maybe now that im in school and only playing 20-30mins everyday to do some light chores won't burn me out. Hmm. I guess I'll think about it.

Igor

Oct 31, 2017
I am looking for Halloween recipes, if anyon'es got any to swap?
Also up for swapping other recipes. I've got:

Peach Dress
Barrel
Bamboo Stool
Pitfall Seed
Tulip Surprise Box
Birdbath
Beekeper's Hive
Scarecrow
Shell Fountain
Golden Arowana Model

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
Most of the newly added events are time locked. You have to connect to the internet and have Nintendo's clock verify that we've actually experienced that time/date in real life to experience it in the game, so I don't think TTing can help with this. I know hackers got their hands on the items early, but I'm not sure how (possibly spoofing the date checks?). I also don't know if Nintendo added the other 11 Zodiac Animal models to the game yet.
They aren't. The only zodiac animal in the game right now is the ox.

hackers probably wouldn't even need to spoof date checks, they could just...hack in the items.

MrPickles

Oct 25, 2017
Hello everyone, wondering if anyone have the following DIY: https://villagerdb.com/user/rollingantony/list/diy-needed

I think those are the only DIY I still need, so I'd be grateful to trade them for anything here: https://villagerdb.com/user/rollingantony/list/diy-for-trade (or tell me if you need/want something else and I'll see if I have it)

Thanks!

I've got an extra Golden Casket, Cardboard Sofa, & Cherry Dress - trade for Cool Windflower Crown, Rose Crown?

Edit: Found two more

Edit 2: Also have leaf mask and chic windflower wreath if you want them.

Last edited:

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Huh. Have they been sprinkling in some new clothing items or are there some items that are just seasonal? I found Dreamy pants in my Able Sisters today. They have rainbows and unicorns on them lol.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Both.

But the dreamy pants aren't new. Not sure they're seasonal either; I got them in summer probably? Are you north or south hemi?

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah, new to you, wasn't questioning that lol.

There's only 2 colors of Dreamy shirt. Sweater? Well whatever the shirt name.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
How far do you have to get in the game to order the snack machine/drink machine with Nook Miles? My mom/sister each unlocked their home, store, bridge, and are building villager houses. They haven't gotten the expanded catalogue yet for Miles. Somehow neither have the museum yet, if that mattered.

Oct 28, 2017
How far do you have to get in the game to order the snack machine/drink machine with Nook Miles? My mom/sister each unlocked their home, store, bridge, and are building villager houses. They haven't gotten the expanded catalogue yet for Miles. Somehow neither have the museum yet, if that mattered.
8 villagers/3 star milestone.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Okay how screwed am I? I messed with Lakka Retroarch Linux Dualboot on my Switch yesterday and it somehow set my date to 2038 and my Animal Crossing saved once before I noticed what happened. I set the date back to 2021 now but yeah...

GeoGonzo

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Madrid, Spain
Okay how screwed am I? I messed with Lakka Retroarch Linux Dualboot on my Switch yesterday and it somehow set my date to 2038 and my Animal Crossing saved once before I noticed what happened. I set the date back to 2021 now but yeah...
I have zero experience with that but from what I've read I don't think it can actually damage/impact your save in any significant way. You may see more weeds/flowers, turnips may spoil, and your villagers may say something about not seeing you in months, I think?

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
I have zero experience with that but from what I've read I don't think it can actually damage/impact your save in any significant way. You may see more weeds/flowers, turnips may spoil, and your villagers may say something about not seeing you in months, I think?

Yeah thankfully it seems not much has happened. For anyone that may run into the same, this is what I noticed so far:

- Turnips are obviously spoiled as GeoGonzo said too
- Villagers don't seem impacted
- I got 9999 bells from the Bank of Nook
- Cockroaches are all over my house
- Some 2037/2038 notes were posted on the billboard which I promptly deleted

Crisis seemingly averted thankfully, phew.

Mickagau

Dec 11, 2018
France
Small and silly question but sometimes the Kimono sleeves are up and sometimes they are down. And it bugs me lol !
I thought it had to do with the weather but doesn't seem to be the case...Anyone knows ?

Kamala

Sep 22, 2019
Small and silly question but sometimes the Kimono sleeves are up and sometimes they are down. And it bugs me lol !
I thought it had to do with the weather but doesn't seem to be the case...Anyone knows ?

I think they get rolled up when you have a purse/bag equipped? (Or maybe backpack?)

MoogleWizard

Oct 27, 2017
I'm looking to finally complete my art gallery, I still need:
  • Wistful Painting (yes, really ... I thought I had already donated it because it's so common but apparently not)
  • Scary Painting
  • Gallant Statue
  • Motherly Statue
  • Wild Painting (Right Half)
I have some duplicate real art if anyone wants to trade:

Duplicate Art by hamletmoogle | Animal Crossing Item and Villager Database - VillagerDB

View Duplicate Art, a list by hamletmoogle containing 10 items

Hello everyone, wondering if anyone have the following DIY: https://villagerdb.com/user/rollingantony/list/diy-needed

I think those are the only DIY I still need, so I'd be grateful to trade them for anything here: https://villagerdb.com/user/rollingantony/list/diy-for-trade (or tell me if you need/want something else and I'll see if I have it)

Thanks!
I can give you the Tulip Crown & Scattered Papers.

Last edited:

NotSelf

Oct 26, 2017
I'm looking to finally complete my art gallery, I still need:
  • Wistful Painting (yes, really ... I thought I had already donated it because it's so common but apparently not)
  • Scary Painting
  • Gallant Statue
  • Motherly Statue
  • Wild Painting (Right Half)
I have some duplicate real art if anyone wants to trade:

Duplicate Art by hamletmoogle | Animal Crossing Item and Villager Database - VillagerDB

View Duplicate Art, a list by hamletmoogle containing 10 items

I can give you the Tulip Crown & Scattered Papers.

I have a scary painting just DM me a code and I'll come right over.

Status
Not open for further replies.