• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Semajer

Oct 27, 2017
I have the black snack machine.

What time are you around? I'm free from pretty much an hour from now for 12 hours.

If anyone is missing toys, I have all of them, in every color, on my cataloging island. It's much easier for me to get people to my island if people join our Discord server.
We don't bite - mostly.

Do you have the set of stockings with them? That's the only Christmas item I don't have the colour variations catalogued for. I'd also love to have a look around a cataloguing island. There are so few normal items I have all the colours for too.

Oct 27, 2017
Yes. It's called eBay. You can buy complete sets for $5-$7.
After the mush DIY debacle, I stopped grinding balloons. It's such an awful system that causes so much stress and unhappiness.
Throwing bells (or Nook Mile Tickets) at the problem might work if you want to give Nookazon a shot. Just do a search for the DIYs you want and see if you can make a deal with people.
Hackers.
i already supplied one person wirh the entire festive diy collection from a hacker friend. But if that isn't how y'all want to play, that's fine, that's why I say in advance whether things are acquired naturally.

Also when it comes to the discord, don't listen to shiba, who leads the biting. XD

Thanks all! Wife has about half a million nook miles so might try Nookazon. Or just hit up eBay. The kids are getting a Switch Lite each and a copy of the game each for Christmas too, so I expect I'll end up buying amibo cards for them and DIY sets if they're not expensive on eBay as they won't have the screen time allowance to get recipes from balloons naturally.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
So I know now why I never had the Turkey event happening, it turns out even if you have the patch you still need an active internet connection while you boot the game. I almost missed out on Toy Day too today like this. Honestly it would be nice if the game would tell you this because I keep my Switch mostly in Airplane Mode unless I actually play something online which is rare. Might sound weird but after seeing a study on TV I did notice I actually seem to sleep better at night with most of the WiFi in my house turned off. For most other devices that's not a problem as they are off by default (I never use Rest or Standby Mode on anything) or can be set to turn off WiFi on and off automatically like my phone, unlike the Switch.

Oct 30, 2017
grrrrr Jingle gives away 1 diy. The gift boxes. They require cardboard boxes and red wrapping paper. I dont have those DIYs!!!!!! this just sucks

GeoGonzo

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Madrid, Spain
Neither the cardboard box nor the red wrapping paper can be crafted, they must be bought. You can mail order cardboard boxes if you have them catalogued but no such luck for the wrapping paper, we'll just have to wait till the Nooks sell it (either on our island or on a different one).

Chucker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
It's been a minute since I checked in here but I got a new switch from my office as a gift/bonus. I've transferred just about everything else off of my old one which is becoming my daughters exclusively for them to use, but I don't want to abandon the work on AC I did. I'm the island rep so I don't think I have many options here. Ideally I'd just take my character, bells and my progress over to a new island and let them stay, but I don't think that is an option as a rep.
Might just make a new save on the new hardware, do some trips to the old island for my money and equipment and some time traveling for shops.

MoogleWizard

Oct 27, 2017
Happy Toy Day, everyone!

Rosie, Apollo and Sherb gave me exchange gifts right away. They are also the three villagers that have been with me the longest. I wonder if that's the trigger or if it's random? I wish we could keep the magic bag.

Cute little event, and a stark contrast to real life where the holidays are pretty much canceled (or should be) because of Covid. It also makes we wish for snow and cold, all we got here this year is soggy rainy weather and spring-like temperatures. Hurray for climate change!

NotSelf

Oct 26, 2017
Managed to craft the presents had some spare boxes and got the red wrapping paper on nookazon for 99,000.

Happy toy day!

EqAwHCpVEAIQXUW

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone with a spare festive tree DIY (normal one not the big one)? Can trade an Illuminated tree DIY

holeung

Oct 28, 2017
Remember to take dozens of photos with the present bag before handing it back.
That bag is so cute.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
Toy Day was cute as always but out of curiosity did anyone not get a bunch of gifts from their villagers. For me only 3 gave a gift in return.
Haven't done the other gift exchange, though. Maybe the other 7 villagers give gifts for that and the other 3 dont?

Also very silly to give you a recipe that requires 2 things you have to buy. I'm not sure the last time I've even seen red wrapping paper.

GeoGonzo

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Madrid, Spain
Toy Day was cute as always but out of curiosity did anyone not get a bunch of gifts from their villagers. For me only 3 gave a gift in return.
Haven't done the other gift exchange, though. Maybe the other 7 villagers give gifts for that and the other 3 dont?
For the free presents I only got 3 gifts back, but for the second round all 10 villagers seem to give back a toy in exchange for a regular gift.

Anyway, I'm trying to catalogue them all. Let me know if you have any of the following (or would like to catalogue any of the not listed):

Dinosaur toy: Gray, Green, Red
Dollhouse: Red, Orange, Pink
Kid's tent: White, Pink, Black, Floral, Colorful
Mini circuit: Red & white, Black & silver
Pop-up book: All done
Puppy plushie: Red, Spotted, Black, Tricolored, Gray & white
RC helicopter: Blue, Yellow, Green
Tin robot: Silver, Green, Pink, Black
Set of stockings: Colorful, Cute, Cool, Chic, Elegant, Natural

Nov 25, 2019
Happy Toy Day, everyone!

My Nook's Cranny has red-wrapping paper in stock, so let me know if you want to come to buy (or for me to gift you some on your island, it's Toy Day after all!)

HighFive

Oct 25, 2017
Got big festive tree and illuminated reeindeer, would accept apples and pears for trade! Would prefer to go to your island, dont want to see my villager talking about you 😜. PM me if interested, will check every 10 minutes if someone interested!

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Would prefer to go to your island, dont want to see my villager talking about you 😜
Oh boy. As someone who trades a lot via Nookazon and their official Discord server, I am now completely numb to this. Every single day they talk about someone new, lol. I don't find it to be a huge deal, it's just to be expected if you're the type to have a lot of online interactions.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Very annoying that they don't have everyone's Nook store have red wrapping paper today so you can craft the gift pile.

It's small things like this that really irk me about this game. lol

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
Very annoying that they don't have everyone's Nook store have red wrapping paper today so you can craft the gift pile.

It's small things like this that really irk me about this game. lol
when i went into nooks after getting the recipe and saw they had a cardboard box i thought oh, how thoughtful, much likes ables always putting out the full santa outfit, they must've put the box & paper in nooks

but no, it was just coincidence and i cant remember the last time i've seen red paper

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
when i went into nooks after getting the recipe and saw they had a cardboard box i thought oh, how thoughtful, much likes ables always putting out the full santa outfit, they must've put the box & paper in nooks

but no, it was just coincidence and i cant remember the last time i've seen red paper

I think I found a workaround for the red wrapping paper.

If you try to exchange gifts with a villager with nothing and back out, they comment if you need wrapping paper. I just did this and someone gave me 3 red wrapping paper, so try that.

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
Don't forget to go back around and do a gift exchange with everyone once you've finished your Jingle quest. It's not some big thing, but if you haven't already cataloged all the toy variants, you could get some new ones.

Also dang, the set of stockings never showed up in stock at Nook's. You'd think it'd be a guaranteed item at least once during the month. I mean I got the Toy Day stockings now, but still.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
Don't forget to go back around and do a gift exchange with everyone once you've finished your Jingle quest. It's not some big thing, but if you haven't already cataloged all the toy variants, you could get some new ones.

Also dang, the set of stockings never showed up in stock at Nook's. You'd think it'd be a guaranteed item at least once during the month. I mean I got the Toy Day stockings now, but still.
Oh this reminds me, the round space heater also showed up in the seasonal spot but only for a day (I grabbed it, thankfully).

Outside of the toys and the candle were there any other "seaonsal" items that show up there that I got RNG screwed on?

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
Oh this reminds me, the round space heater also showed up in the seasonal spot but only for a day (I grabbed it, thankfully).

Outside of the toys and the candle were there any other "seaonsal" items that show up there that I got RNG screwed on?
Not that I'm aware of. There is however a missable item, so EVERYONE MAKE SURE TO HANG UP YOUR TOY DAY STOCKINGS TODAY, LIKE JINGLE ADVISED YOU TO.

Deleted member 43657

User requested account closure
Banned
May 19, 2018
I don't know if this has been answered here but is it possible that Redd could have a duplicate of a genuine piece of art?

Like, let's say he had the "flowery painting" for sale, and it's the genuine version. You buy it, donate it, and when Reed visits again is it ever possible that he could have another genuine "flowery painting"?

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if this has been answered here but is it possible that Redd could have a duplicate of a genuine piece of art?

Like, let's say he had the "flowery painting" for sale, and it's the genuine version. You buy it, donate it, and when Reed visits again is it ever possible that he could have another genuine "flowery painting"?
Yeah, nothing gets taken out of rotation

Deleted member 43657

User requested account closure
Banned
May 19, 2018
Yeah, nothing gets taken out of rotation
Ugh, that's such a bummer. Makes it harder to maintain which items you've donated and which ones you haven't. I guess I'll take inventory on my own somehow.

I wish they had taken that out of the game. I remember it happened in New Leaf. I tried donating a second genuine art piece and Blathers rejected it and had dialogue suggesting that something suspicious was happening. I sincerely hope they make some changes to how Redd operates in New Horizons in a future update.

HighFive

Oct 25, 2017
Oh boy. As someone who trades a lot via Nookazon and their official Discord server, I am now completely numb to this. Every single day they talk about someone new, lol. I don't find it to be a huge deal, it's just to be expected if you're the type to have a lot of online interactions.

First game iv played, did some trading, open island to turnip, etc. Just found it annoying after when a villager talk about someone after. My new island is a fresh ( unvolontary but still ) new island, didnt do trade, going online yet. I think its a safer bet if i got on an island, my villager wont talk about someone random.

mnk

Nov 11, 2017

If you're not sure if you've bought an art piece before, you can just open up the catalog in the Nook phone and do a search. Just note that there are separate catalog entries for fake and real.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Ugh, that's such a bummer. Makes it harder to maintain which items you've donated and which ones you haven't. I guess I'll take inventory on my own somehow.

I wish they had taken that out of the game. I remember it happened in New Leaf. I tried donating a second genuine art piece and Blathers rejected it and had dialogue suggesting that something suspicious was happening. I sincerely hope they make some changes to how Redd operates in New Horizons in a future update.
Redd is slightly more likely to carry items you don't already have. But it may be a good idea to do some trades with your extra real art.

Anyway the flowery painting in particular is always real, so even if he had a day of "4 fake items", if RNG pulls an always-real item, there just isn't a fake to put in that slot. Those pieces are therefore much easier to get.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
If you're not sure if you've bought an art piece before, you can just open up the catalog in the Nook phone and do a search. Just note that there are separate catalog entries for fake and real.
Side note it bugs me that that there are fake entries for them but nothing marking them as such. I just assumed any fake or real got entered the same until I took a museum inventory and relized what was up.

ALSO, bugs me that they're just lumped in with the furniture instead of in their own category. Thankfully most are ____ Painting and ____ Statue but its still a little annoying

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Trying to get the final four festive DIYs I need and shooting down another squat toilet sure is mood killer.

Status
Not open for further replies.