• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 2, 2019
Okay, what the FUCK is with the snowboy bullshit? I cannot make an acceptable one to save my life. Everything else in this game is easy as shit. There's no reason this should be so fucking infuriating.
Just roll the body ball until it reaches your eyes (feel free to adjust the camera in order to check), then roll the head ball until your ears' height and you're done.

Book One

Oct 25, 2017
Bottom one can hit Max size I think, then yeah second one is about even with the bottom of your ears

Rolento

Oct 25, 2017
I have a harder time knowing when the bottom one is at the right size. What's the best way to know?

Apr 11, 2018
Sweden
Hello!
My girlfriend is searching for the following items:

Wedding Pipe Organs
Market Place Decorations

She'd be able to trade perhaps or give you bells, I don't know how this works, she just asked if I could post on "my forum" :)

IrishNinja

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Vice City
okay, so i have the main AC account, and my roommate is going elsewhere but wanted to still have access to the island...if they transfer their account to their new switch lite & take the cart, would it work for them, or not without my account on said system?

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Hello!
My girlfriend is searching for the following items:

Wedding Pipe Organs
Market Place Decorations

She'd be able to trade perhaps or give you bells, I don't know how this works, she just asked if I could post on "my forum" :)
If she doesn't want to wait until June, or "time travel" to fake being in June, I have one pipe organ I don't need. And could get any number of market place decorations, those are orderable by anyone who connects their "pocket camp" app to their nintendo account that they use on switch too.

Apr 11, 2018
Sweden
If she doesn't want to wait until June, or "time travel" to fake being in June, I have one pipe organ I don't need. And could get any number of market place decorations, those are orderable by anyone who connects their "pocket camp" app to their nintendo account that they use on switch too.
I had no clue about the Pocket Camp thing! Googled and we can fix that ourselves, thank you!

Regarding the Pipe Organ, is it possible to time travel and get multiple, or could you only get one?

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
I had no clue about the Pocket Camp thing! Googled and we can fix that ourselves, thank you!

Regarding the Pipe Organ, is it possible to time travel and get multiple, or could you only get one?

You can get multiple. You get heart crystals during the event that you can trade for any of the wedding items.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
okay, so i have the main AC account, and my roommate is going elsewhere but wanted to still have access to the island...if they transfer their account to their new switch lite & take the cart, would it work for them, or not without my account on said system?
Based on the below guide from Nintendo I believe they will only be able to transfer their person if you are the island rep:

Apr 11, 2018
Sweden
She hasn't used time travel yet, she's unsure. She asked if she could buy your Pipe Organ and how much bells you'd want? She had saved for a while and had reached 130K or something like that and asked if that was enough for you?

You can get multiple. You get heart crystals during the event that you can trade for any of the wedding items.
Thank yoooou!!!

TheBryanJZX90

Nov 29, 2017
So we finally got our amiibo cards in the mail, does anyone have experience using them? We will be able to invite a villager to the campsite using the card, and then we have a chance to convince them to move to our village, but they will randomly choose who they would replace? But if they pick someone we like, we could just say no and then call them back to the campsite another day and hope they pick someone different?

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
So we finally got our amiibo cards in the mail, does anyone have experience using them? We will be able to invite a villager to the campsite using the card, and then we have a chance to convince them to move to our village, but they will randomly choose who they would replace? But if they pick someone we like, we could just say no and then call them back to the campsite another day and hope they pick someone different?
You have to invite a villager via amiibo cards three times (does not have to be three days in a row) and complete their DIY requests. Once you complete the third request they will ask to move in and you get to pick who moves out since you used the cards.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
She hasn't used time travel yet, she's unsure. She asked if she could buy your Pipe Organ and how much bells you'd want? She had saved for a while and had reached 130K or something like that and asked if that was enough for you?

Thank yoooou!!!
Tell her i'll trade for 30 fish bait.

I don't REALLY need bells as I still have 5 million in the bank after building 7 of 8 possible houses, but i DO need to catch some rare annoying fish, lol.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I don't REALLY need bells as I still have 5 million in the bank after building 7 of 8 possible houses, but i DO need to catch some rare annoying fish, lol.
I have like 19,000,000. It just keeps adding up, especially after you've gotten everything on your island exactly where you like. But boy does relocation eat up bells. When I went through and completely changed the layout of my island, it took like two weeks since you can only move one building per day.

Gigglepoo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it's annoying how finicky snowboy building can be, but at least we have a couple of months to get the DIYs. It would be agonizing if we didn't have any margin of error to experiment.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
It's December 15th where I am.

Now we're back to farming balloons for the 2 different DIY pools. Again.

Also
Isabelle spent all night dressing up these trees in lights, and here I am shaking them all out lol

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Just roll the body ball until it reaches your eyes (feel free to adjust the camera in order to check), then roll the head ball until your ears' height and you're done.

A good trick I got online is to make the two balls to the maximum size. Then, put down ten tiles from your customization app. Put one ball at the of the path and then roll the other down the ten tiles. By the time you reached the end, you have the perfect size for the head.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Okay, what the FUCK is with the snowboy bullshit? I cannot make an acceptable one to save my life. Everything else in this game is easy as shit. There's no reason this should be so fucking infuriating.

A good trick I got online is to make the two balls to the maximum size. Then, put down ten tiles from your customization app. Put one ball at the of the path and then roll the other down the ten tiles. By the time you reached the end, you have the perfect size for the head.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017

That's exactly what the method the previous user linked, and the thing I still managed to fuck up.

Nintendo should just fix it because it's way too finicky compared to everything else in the game.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I've had perfect snowboys every day so far.
My method is one I saw online, to make smaller snowboys.

- Roll first ball (once it lets you roll) for 17 seconds.
- Roll second one for 12 seconds up to the first (positioning this so it connects is a little annoying).

I haven't even been exact with my counting, I don't have enough room to roll continuously so I have to keep going back and forth, but I haven't failed yet. Yet.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
That's exactly what the method the previous user linked, and the thing I still managed to fuck up.

Nintendo should just fix it because it's way too finicky compared to everything else in the game.

Not sure what to tell you. I used this trick three times and it worked, even when I had to move my balls a little because I was apparently too close to the beach.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
It's sorta sad once you start completing your museum.

I only have two things left to collect (besides Redd's stuff) which are two deep sea creatures that won't pop up until March.

I'm slowly running out of things to do. lol

someday

Oct 25, 2017
I've tried all of this. Nothing helps.
I've been eyeballing it and that works for me. I make the first one as big as it looks like it's going to get then set it off to the side. Then I roll the second till it is about the size of a basketball and start rolling towards the first snowball. As long as it's proportionally smaller, it will be perfect.

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
It's interesting to note that they don't have to be giant. It's just that most of the tips and guides kinda go in that direction. Like what was just said, it's the proportions that matter. Even this li'l guy is considered perfect.

Eo_6cWqVQAA36Dg

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I've been eyeballing it and that works for me. I make the first one as big as it looks like it's going to get then set it off to the side. Then I roll the second till it is about the size of a basketball and start rolling towards the first snowball. As long as it's proportionally smaller, it will be perfect.
The thing that gets on my nerves is that everything in this game up to now has been easy as dick. Now you need to be a mathematician to make a fucking snowman.

someday

Oct 25, 2017
The thing that gets on my nerves is that everything in this game up to now has been easy as dick. Now you need to be a mathematician to make a fucking snowman.
It's worse too since they're the only way to get large snowflakes as far as I can tell. Missing a day means losing out on 3 large snowflakes if you don't TT.

Kangi

Profile Styler
Oct 25, 2017
The mathematical perfection the game wants you to cough up all of a sudden does bite, as does the relentless swarm of dung beetles sabotaging your in-progress handiwork. That getting the recipes themselves is repeatedly the hardest part of seasonal DIYs feels wrong and gets too stressful

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
The mathematical perfection the game wants you to cough up all of a sudden does bite, as does the relentless swarm of dung beetles sabotaging your in-progress handiwork. That getting the recipes themselves is repeatedly the hardest part of seasonal DIYs feels wrong and gets too stressful
Do the ice recipes only come from the snowboys? I've been getting a lot of DIYs from balloons, but it's mostly walls and floors.

Kangi

Profile Styler
Oct 25, 2017
Do the ice recipes only come from the snowboys? I've been getting a lot of DIYs from balloons, but it's mostly walls and floors.
To my knowledge the frozen series of items only come from perfect snowboys, yes. But if they came from balloons that'd hardly be a comfort for my endless supply of clay

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
I'm sure it's been posted but the way I get perfect snowmen is roll the first snowball for about 17 seconds then the second snowball for about 12 seconds. Been working every time so far.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It's worse too since they're the only way to get large snowflakes as far as I can tell. Missing a day means losing out on 3 large snowflakes if you don't TT.

If missing a day really matters to you, if you make a mistake, immediately hit the home button and close the game while the snowboy is telling you they weren't perfect and it won't have a chance to save and you can try again.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I finally made a perfect snowboy.

Just in time for ornament madness lmao. I already got the recipe for the illuminated tree from a balloon. That sucker is big. I replaced the fountain in the town square for the time being.

Apr 11, 2018
Sweden
Tell her i'll trade for 30 fish bait.

I have like 19,000,000. It just keeps adding up, especially after you've gotten everything on your island exactly where you like. But boy does relocation eat up bells. When I went through and completely changed the layout of my island, it took like two weeks since you can only move one building per day.
Holy crap! She wonders how it's possible to get so many bells? Do you have any tips?

I'll check if she has fish bait weemadarthur, thank you

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
The decision to have so many seasonal things locked to popping balloons is easily one of the worst things about this game.

Also, something like this should have been added on the first day of December to give us time to get stuff and have more time to decorate our island, not two weeks into the month.

Lady Catherine de Bourgh

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
I think I will approach the seasonal decorating as a multi year goal to keep the stress levels down. Maybe I can't start decorating as early as I would like or I don't get everything this year, but there is always next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.