• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I have 175 fish bait. I hope I can get a stringfish.

Is it one of the big shadows, or one of the unusually large shadows?

Nov 25, 2019
Watching how people react to anything NH related, I'm 99% sure that when/if characters like Brewster or old furniture are added to the game, they will still complain. "It should have been there from start/it was done better on New Leaf/it now looks bad/ok but what about this other thing" are going to be on every tweet/video.

Aside from the horror of DIY farming, I'm excited about the upcoming days. Between building snowpeople, shaking trees for ornaments and catching snowflakes, winter is going to be very busy. Kind of how autumn also had three different activities to do every day. These months have had lots of activities, summer only had you picking up shells.

I have 175 fish bait. I hope I can get a stringfish.

Is it one of the big shadows, or one of the unusually large shadows?
Nookipedia lists it with "X-large" shadow size. Good luck!

MoogleWizard

Oct 27, 2017
Stringfish caught.

tumblr_p059qhBBc11uhzbgfo1_400.gifv

Fish exhibit complete.

tenor.gif

Oh yeah.

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Not sure if anyone is looking for it but I have a Dynamic Painting for trade!
I'm trying to finish my museum and i'd like to trade it for anything I'm missing:
Ancient Statue, Calm Painting, Familiar Statue, Gallant Statue, Graceful Painting, Great Statue, Motherly Statue, Mysterious Painting, Robust Statue, Rock Head Statue, Scary Painting, Scenic Painting, Tremendous Statue, Valiant Statue, Wild Painting (Left or Right) and Worthy Painting

aiswyda

Aug 11, 2018
I'm looking for:
  • Warm Painting,
  • Wild Painting Right Half
  • Ancient Statue
  • Rock Head Statue
  • Valiant Statue
  • Great Statue
Willing to trade money or items! I have a lot of the catalogue filled out as well and prob could find the item you're looking for! Please LMK :)

Last edited:

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
I think it's insane that the items you can purchase from Nook Miles have not been changed since the game launched in March. I mean yeah, updates gave us some new things to buy here and there for customizing your character further, but the lack of new additions on this is baffling.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
I think it's insane that the items you can purchase from Nook Miles have not been changed since the game launched in March. I mean yeah, updates gave us some new things to buy here and there for customizing your character further, but the lack of new additions on this is baffling.
They added a Bell Rug lol

but yea, need more things for sale. I have hundreds of thousands of points

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
200,000+ Nook Miles and not a thing to spend them on. Such a huge missed opportunity. Hell I'd even be happy to spend them to level up some nonsense meter, just to give them some purpose

Nov 25, 2019
All 8 toys have passed through my shop, so I'm gonna rate 'em:

1.- Puppy Plushie
Sure, cliche favorite but it's so darn cute. Cute animations and sounds and great design.

2.- Kids' Tent
Versatile items with amazing design. It's a shame there is no interaction at all.

3.- Dinosaur Toy
Tiny chompy guys that can be used on many different ways. Having two stances is nice!

4.- RC Helicopter
I was amazed at the animation loop, wish you could have it stuck on midair.

5.- Dollhouse
It's cute and has many uses for decorating. Not bad, I just prefer the others.

6.- Pop-up Book
Another book option is great, but nothing special.

7.- Mini Circuit
I... just don't care about it haha It's cool that the little cars never stop but yeah.

8.- Tin Robot
I don't like the design :/

And speaking of toys, does anyone have all the versions so I can catalogue them?

HighFive

Oct 25, 2017
Hey wondering. Got a meteor shower yesterday night. Really press like over 20 times to get stars, cause i read somewhere the limit is 20. Wake up this morning to only find 12 stars on beach. Is this normal? More will come later?

GeoGonzo

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Madrid, Spain
Hey wondering. Got a meteor shower yesterday night. Really press like over 20 times to get stars, cause i read somewhere the limit is 20. Wake up this morning to only find 12 stars on beach. Is this normal? More will come later?
Yup, more will spawn. If I were you I'd also pick up the seashells to make some room. Also, i believe the limit is higher when you are wishing on your own island. Either 30 or 40, I think? 🤔

HighFive

Oct 25, 2017
200,000+ Nook Miles and not a thing to spend them on. Such a huge missed opportunity. Hell I'd even be happy to spend them to level up some nonsense meter, just to give them some purpose
Yeah its sad. All the same items we can buy at ATM, nothing new. Paying 2000 tickets for a Island trip is good for nothing once you have your 10 villagers. If at least the Island was like different hemisphere from yours so you can catch different thing but no. Really hoping Nintendo patch this up quickly, cause once your set, nothing mich to do

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Yup, more will spawn. If I were you I'd also pick up the seashells to make some room. Also, i believe the limit is higher when you are wishing on your own island. Either 30 or 40, I think? 🤔
The limit is higher only when you have visitors wish at your island. If you wish alone, it's still 20.

Jan 10, 2019
All 8 toys have passed through my shop, so I'm gonna rate 'em:

1.- Puppy Plushie
Sure, cliche favorite but it's so darn cute. Cute animations and sounds and great design.

2.- Kids' Tent
Versatile items with amazing design. It's a shame there is no interaction at all.

3.- Dinosaur Toy
Tiny chompy guys that can be used on many different ways. Having two stances is nice!

4.- RC Helicopter
I was amazed at the animation loop, wish you could have it stuck on midair.

5.- Dollhouse
It's cute and has many uses for decorating. Not bad, I just prefer the others.

6.- Pop-up Book
Another book option is great, but nothing special.

7.- Mini Circuit
I... just don't care about it haha It's cool that the little cars never stop but yeah.

8.- Tin Robot
I don't like the design :/

And speaking of toys, does anyone have all the versions so I can catalogue them?

I don't have all the versions, but I have a few variations of some items, perhaps some you don't have yet. If you're interested I can message you which ones I have. Interested to catalogue as well if anyone has them all.

aiswyda

Aug 11, 2018
One more art post!! Re-rolled for Redd items a few more times haha

I'm looking for:
  • Wild Painting Right Half
  • Rock Head Statue
I've got to trade:
  • Sinking Painting
  • Academic Painting
  • Quaint Painting
  • Wistful Painting
  • Warrior Statue
  • Tremendous Statue

(also if anyone has more of the Kid's Tents, I'd love to trade for them. I've got the Colorful, Stripes, and Black catalogued. Also looking for the pink dollhouse--I've got purple and blue!)

Igor

Oct 31, 2017
Does anyone have a spare Mahi Mahi that would like to trade? I have a spare barrelfish, and would prefer not having to bother with Mahi Mahi ever again :(

Nov 25, 2019
I don't have all the versions, but I have a few variations of some items, perhaps some you don't have yet. If you're interested I can message you which ones I have. Interested to catalogue as well if anyone has them all.
Sure, that would be helpful! Let me know which are the ones you have and I'll fly to your island :D (or you can come to mine)

By the way, Celeste is on my island if anyone wants to come for a recipe. Dodo is:

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
She's trapped by the garden at the second level (where Mathilda and Julia live), D6.

Last edited:

holeung

Oct 28, 2017
Eloise just gave me Kagamimochi.
I tried to order some more on the Nook app, and it does not exist.
Nookplaza said it is not obtainable yet without TT.
Very strange.

Barely Able

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
How do you get the winter festive items
Your snowflake type recipes are in balloons currently through the end of February. Building snowboys gives you that set of items if you build them perfectly. The best way to get perfect snowboys is to lay down a 10 square long path, places a full size snowball on each end and then roll one of the balls down the path to the other side. There are directions online if you need the perfect placement but it's easy. Those also give you the large snowflakes daily until they melt. If you want the Christmas light type items, those start in balloons on the 16th until the 6th of January. The ornaments are shaken out of pine trees. Hope that helps.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
The snowflake DIYs are in balloons starting today, and the festive DIYs get added in with them on the 15th.
Your snowflake type recipes are in balloons currently through the end of February. Building snowboys gives you that set of items if you build them perfectly. The best way to get perfect snowboys is to lay down a 10 square long path, places a full size snowball on each end and then roll one of the balls down the path to the other side. There are directions online if you need the perfect placement but it's easy. Those also give you the large snowflakes daily until they melt. If you want the Christmas light type items, those start in balloons on the 16th until the 6th of January. The ornaments are shaken out of pine trees. Hope that helps.

Thanks to the both of you!

You can pick up snow balls?

Raza

Nov 7, 2017
Ohio
Anyone have an issue getting a snowboy to spawn for the second user/resident? I built one with my character earlier and my wife just logged in and she didn't have any balls spawn.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Omg the snow today! The crunchy steps, the breaths you exhale when running, the snow layered on everything... Yes!

Nov 25, 2019
Anyone have an issue getting a snowboy to spawn for the second user/resident? I built one with my character earlier and my wife just logged in and she didn't have any balls spawn.
Similar to the mushrooms, only 2 snowballs spawn per island- that means only one resident per island can make a snowboy per day. However, any other resident can speak to the snowboys to obtain the DIY, so no one is left out of Frozen recipes. The second user only gets the DIY if the snowboy is perfect.

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
Something about snow-covered palm trees just ain't right.

Also would've been a nice touch if they'd thought to put snow on the houseplants if you stick them outside. The cypresses stick out like a sore thumb, lol.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
How much space needs to be clear for snowballs to spawn? Other sites seem to imply flowers don't count, but if that's true I feel like I have to have space somewhere on my island for them. And if trees don't count I definitely have space. I cleared out a medium sized plaza so it's just snow now but I still can't find anything.

GeoGonzo

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Madrid, Spain
I don't have the exact answer but I've seen the snowballs spawning a few times in my island as I logged in and out, hoping to catch dung beetles: They absolutely spawned always in pairs, not more than two screens away from each other, sometimes over a flower or pumpkin. Only three spots seem big enough for them to appear, and the smallest of them is clearly smaller than the plaza. Not sure why they aren't spawning for you, Tavernade

Status
Not open for further replies.