• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nich

Oct 26, 2017
Caught the new fish (both river and deep sea) but I haven't spotted any dung beetles yet. Do these not show up until there's snow on the ground?

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Time to buy a bunch of customization kits and recolor a bunch of my outdoor stuff to be winter/holiday themed.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
How do you get the golden fishing rod DIY? Caught my final fish this morning, and thought Blathers would hand it over when I donated it, but nothing.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Is it possible to recolor an article of clothing but not change it's entire design? I want to rock the ni hao shirt but I want it in all white or all black as the solid.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Rm8yk8W.png

Nov 25, 2019
Entering the shop for the first time and
the puppy plushie
is adorable. I want all the colors, I need to have all of them.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Does anyone want to trade Mom's Hand-knit sweaters?
moms-hand-knit-sweater-vv-accent-patch.d671778.png

Have this one and would be willing to trade for any that are not M-designed

Also does anyone have dollhouses in their shops that are different colors? (mine is red roof and brown/tan siding)
animal-crossing-new-horizons-winter-update-datamine-item-icon-dollhouse-variation-red.png

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Today I booted the game for the first time in a very long while because my niece wanted to play a bit with me. Spent an hour running around doing stuff with her, then was about to log off when I decided to check who was in the campsite announced earlier:

WbB0ixC.jpeg

Turns out, it was Raymond, for which I had already saved 300 NMTs months ago (and also almost 300k Nook Miles waiting to be printed into NMTs), in anticipation for the day I'll go hunt-shopping for him. I was so surprised and happy I squealed a bit! Then I hoped that I wouldn't struggle too hard to make him pick Gayle as a villager to replace, because she's the only one I wanted to boot out of all of them (she was never supposed to stay, always gonna be temporary, just to get her photo, but in the end I didn't have time to get it but oh well!).
And well, Raymond picked Gayle on my first try! Ahah, so lucky all around, easiest villager to recruit ever :'D

So yeah, here's the recap of all villagers on my island, probably the final one since Raymond was the last one I was on the lookout for and now that I have him, I have all of my fixed top 10 villagers, so I don't see myself having any changes anytime soon. If I did though, it might be Vesta that I'd be willing to let go of, but I'm not sure, I love her tons so I would need to find one hell of a villager to even consider letting go of her.

fqT1eXV.png

With all that being said, Gayle is now in boxes, so if anyone's interested, hit me up!

MfHTtw8.png

EDIT: She's gone!

That is awesome. Does the Camp villager save trick still work? I thought with the cloud save, that would not work anymore? Also how did you make that image? I just got Judy in Camp as well!

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Check Nook's shop for seasonal wallpaper and sweater. Also do you need to buy every toy from the store?
Your local store will have one color of each toy, as RNG'd for your island. To get other colors you'll need to get them from other players/redd/balloons. I don't know that they can't come from redd, trees and balloons anyhow. Like all the other furniture.

lazybones18

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just asked Klaus to move to my island. How could I refuse a bear that's dressed like he's from the Roman Empire lol

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
Well dang now I'm just sad there aren't random events you can stumble on where the special characters interact with each other.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
That is awesome. Does the Camp villager save trick still work? I thought with the cloud save, that would not work anymore? Also how did you make that image? I just got Judy in Camp as well!

I don't know if the camping villager save trick still works since I didn't have to use it, Raymond chose the person I wanted to kick off my island on my first try! But I see no reason as to why it wouldn't work anymore, can anybody confirm?

As for the image, I made it myself on Photoshop, but I can gladly share the PSD file if anybody's interested and want to make their own!

Last edited:

Lady Catherine de Bourgh

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know if the camping villager save trick still works since I didn't have to use, Raymond chose the person I wanted to kick off my island on my first try! But I see no reason as to why it wouldn't work anymore, can anybody confirm?

As for the image, I made it myself on Photoshop, but I can share the PSD file if anybody's interested and want to make their own!

I think it still works. I used it a couple of weeks ago when Molly appeared on my campsite. Takes some time though.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
I don't know if the camping villager save trick still works since I didn't have to use it, Raymond chose the person I wanted to kick off my island on my first try! But I see no reason as to why it wouldn't work anymore, can anybody confirm?

As for the image, I made it myself on Photoshop, but I can gladly share the PSD file if anybody's interested and want to make their own!

Thanks! I will have to try next time.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I am seeing some people building snowmen and getting christmas trees and ornaments. How do we make that happen?

You have to wait until it snows. Then build a perfect snowman (head can't be too small or large) to get the wand DIY recipe. Make multiple snowmen and speak to them every day and eventually one will give you the wreath DIY.

The ornaments won't come until the Christmas season officially starts. Isabelle will decorate the trees around the island, and ya shakes 'em.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
You have to wait until it snows. Then build a perfect snowman (head can't be too small or large) to get the wand DIY recipe. Make multiple snowmen and speak to them every day and eventually one will give you the wreath DIY.

The ornaments won't come until the Christmas season officially starts. Isabelle will decorate the trees around the island, and ya shakes 'em.

Ahhh so

Is it random when it is supposed to snow?

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
The people you're seeing doing it now are just time travelers.

Ahhh so

Is it random when it is supposed to snow?
You can get random snowfall now (but it doesn't stick to the ground), but it's a set date for everyone when it becomes permanently snowy.
December 11th

MrPickles

Oct 25, 2017
Are there any recipes in balloons right now? Like festive, winter, etc.? From what I can tell those start around Dec. 15. I have all of the Tree's Bounty recipes.

Burning Justice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Are there any recipes in balloons right now? Like festive, winter, etc.? From what I can tell those start around Dec. 15. I have all of the Tree's Bounty recipes.
Fall recipes are still in balloons now until December 10th. Winter recipes become available December 11th, and festive recipes become available December 15th.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
I really hate that Christmas stuff is not only so late but also balloon farming...

I want to go all out decorating but if I have the luck I have had with balloon recipes before then not likely I'll be doing a big decoration

Last edited:

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it sucks that you get a lot of the major holiday items the day of. You get to display them for all of a day at most and then it's over.

Semajer

Oct 27, 2017
I've recently activated my NSO for the first time and I'm interested in filling my catalogue and getting the different Nook reward colours. Is there anything I need to look out for or be worried about when opening my island to randos from the internet?

Severance

Oct 27, 2017
I've been compiling a notes checklist on my phone for museum items, and going through the art section hurts. Fish done, bugs 1 left and deep sea 2 left. Art though? Twenty-four items. That could take a whole year to complete at the current rate of one visit every 1.5 weeks without time travel. They really need to offer another way to acquire art: have a museum appreciation event or find a way for Redd to visit 2x per cycle like Gulliver. Add it to the wishlist lol.

Also I have to second making holiday DIY available before the holiday. It felt so weird getting everything on Thanksgiving.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I've been compiling a notes checklist on my phone for museum items, and going through the art section hurts. Fish done, bugs 1 left and deep sea 2 left. Art though? Twenty-four items. That could take a whole year to complete at the current rate of one visit every 1.5 weeks without time travel. They really need to offer another way to acquire art: have a museum appreciation event or find a way for Redd to visit 2x per cycle like Gulliver. Add it to the wishlist lol.

Also I have to second making holiday DIY available before the holiday. It felt so weird getting everything on Thanksgiving.

So Redd is the only way to get art - huh. I thought I was missing something. Yea, at this rate I'll be long over the game with an island completely transformed to my every whim before I collect all of the art, or even a majority of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.