• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kangi

Profile Styler
Oct 25, 2017
After months of stagnation and generally being happy with my crop of villagers, it's time I let one go. Sadly, that one will be Jacob.

EbKf6OlVcAE4ucR

I love the colorful little dude, but he's my least-favorite lazy on the island (Bones is just... the best) and he's spent the past several weeks barely leaving his trash house. It's just been kinda depressing. There are tons of other lazies out there I'd like to give a try, so Jacob will be moving out tomorrow.

He'll be free to a good home, of course. So let me know if a shiny tropical bird looks like he'd be a good fit on your island

TheBryanJZX90

Nov 29, 2017
What's the situation with amiibo cards? Amazon seems like it's full of nothing but resellers, is it possible to get the cards new in a pack not from a third party?

Nov 25, 2019
Finally. My first blue rose ever.

127583901_3631757933558637_2659431650033728546_o.jpg

Congrats to all the people that have managed to collect all seasonal recipes. There were lots of them this time around.

Turkey day gear seems pretty lame, they couldn't give us furniture of the foods we make for franklin? They KNOW people like making restaurants.

Has the game actually updated with missing furniture at all that use to be in earlier games?
I had heard pretty glowing reviews of the Turkey Day set and I liked the glimpse we saw on the trailer, guess I have to temper my expectations.

The game already has as much furniture as the previous game but it has substituted/replaced many of the old items (including some of the "standard house" sets).

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Is there an expected time for the hot patch to download to enable turkey day event? Or, did the recent patch 'fix' that via preventing time travel to future events before they occur? I'm not one to TT, but was just curious about the current system of managing events.

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
Hey guys. Just checking in. I haunt really played daily in months. So I'm so far behind. But I've started catching up one day at a time, 20 minutes at a time. I'm up to August 8th now. I skip a week at a time now after doing every day because it's just exhausting so I'm just jumping to the important events. I only stopped on Saturday just now because that's when Slider comes in August. So I'll be doing Saturday and Sunday for 4 weeks to get the important stuff, i.e. the fireworks. I'm missing out on all the visitors but I don't care right now as I just want to catch up so I can get back into a routine again once I catch up to the end of November. There's also a lot of fish, bugs and sea creatures I'll never get so I'll just have to wait for next year I guess. I also don't bother with the Stalk Market ever since I got a 600 bell payout. I have millions in the bank now so I don't care. I just want to plan out redoing my entire island.

Today I did get rid of a villager I never thought I would. Sorry Diva, you were fun but I picked up Jacob (lol at the poster above who just got rid of him, my head cannon is that he just decided to come live here) and even though I now have two birds, I'm probably not gonna get attached to him. I might just get to a point where I play the camper lottery every time one shows up and just let them get rid of whoever they pick to keep a constant rotation. Don't really have a list of favorites. I still wish we could have 15 people though. 10 is too small and the island is too big. More buildings please at least for the love of Reggie!

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
when does Turkey Day start tomorrow?

Hopefully kind of early

Edit: wait what
It's worth noting that after the Turkey Day event, you can purchase the Cozy Turkey Day DIY collection at Nook's Cranny for 19,800 Bells containing all eight of the same recipes. The same items will also be sold in the shop's seasonal sale slot in the bottom right. Both options will remain through the rest of November.

Is this true? Because that sounds really easy and not as annoying as Turkey Day seemed to be at first glance

Barely Able

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
when does Turkey Day start tomorrow?

Hopefully kind of early

Edit: wait what

Is this true? Because that sounds really easy and not as annoying as Turkey Day seemed to be at first glance
It appears to start at 9 AM and run through midnight. It looks like you can get the recipes but need to make the food items for some of the Turkey day items. But nice to know there are more options for people that might miss things due to the limited nature of the events.

Kapryov

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
This maple leaf thing has been miserable for me, I've been getting maybe 1 DIY a day, and those are sometimes mush ones.
Yesterday I spent a couple of hours in the morning hanging around the beach, also logged back in the afternoon, and then again for another hour between 8pm and 9pm. I got heaps of useless balloons (so many iron nugs..) and no DIYs at all the entire day.

Overall I've seen very very few DIYs, and THREE of them have been duplicates.

I just want that damn maple pochette, why does this game hate me?
I want the mush lamp as well, so I imagine it will also never show up.

holeung

Oct 28, 2017
This maple leaf thing has been miserable for me, I've been getting maybe 1 DIY a day, and those are sometimes mush ones.
Yesterday I spent a couple of hours in the morning hanging around the beach, also logged back in the afternoon, and then again for another hour between 8pm and 9pm. I got heaps of useless balloons (so many iron nugs..) and no DIYs at all the entire day.

Overall I've seen very very few DIYs, and THREE of them have been duplicates.

I just want that damn maple pochette, why does this game hate me?
I want the mush lamp as well, so I imagine it will also never show up.
I have an extra maple pochette recipe that can give you.

Kapryov

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I have an extra maple pochette recipe that can give you.
Oh my god that would be amazing.
I'm at work at the moment, so I can't log in for a couple of hours.. if that's ok? If so, is there anything you need? I have loads of bells, a couple of spare real art pieces (just got a 2nd Great Statue the other day), and a couple of spare DIYs sitting around.

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
Turkey Day in the bag.

Cute event. I like how Franklin just gives you all the recipes at once after you complete it 100%.

It's not obvious at first, but you can get some of the rarer ingredients by talking to animals still in their homes and trading them fish.

MoogleWizard

Oct 27, 2017
The way villagers anticipate the reveal of a new dish on the plaza is the cutest thing. This event is also a good opportunity to determine who gets to stay on your island.
Some villagers are actually cooking:
EnvyreiVkAA0vnp

While others are trying to take you for a fool:
EnvyremVQAQqGAv

Oh yeah, Sherb, you want me to catch and deliver fish and crabs for your cooking? What kind of food can you cook by doing pantomime in front of a sink?

TheIdiot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I did not enjoy my time with Turkey Day. It was basically a glorified fishing/diving event. I think it's clear they had to cut some corners, since pumpkins were the only ingredients used that weren't from the sea.

I called it quits when I found out I had to find a scallop and Dungeness crab. And then I came on here and saw the little tidbit that you can purchase the DIY recipes tomorrow, which is a relief.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
The way villagers anticipate the reveal of a new dish on the plaza is the cutest thing. This event is also a good opportunity to determine who gets to stay on your island.
EnvyreiVkAA0vnp

EnvyremVQAQqGAv

Oh yeah, Sherb, you want me to catch and deliver fish and crabs for your cooking? What kind of food can you cook by doing pantomime in front of a sink?

So that is what Sherb's real house looks like. Didn't think he was into the cute set.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
Need one extra ingredient for the gratin. What should I be looking for?
If you do errands for the villagers cooking inside, they'll give hints about the secret ingredients.
But for the gratin its...
THE DUNGEONESS CRAB

Which I have not seen at all this month so I'm very glad they had a failsafe in just being able to buy the recipes.

lazybones18

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you do errands for the villagers cooking inside, they'll give hints about the secret ingredients.
But for the gratin its...
THE DUNGEONESS CRAB

Which I have not seen at all this month so I'm very glad they had a failsafe in just being able to buy the recipes.

Heh, Octavian gave me what I needed. Saved me the trouble of getting it myself lol

Barely Able

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
oh wait the villagers can give that stuff too? I just assumed it was the "easy" stuff like mushrooms or pumpkins, that's good to know
If you give them the items they are asking for they give you a hint and one of the other items that either the other villagers need or Franklin needs. It is not a guarantee you get only the secret items unfortunately. Still knocks off a few items from the fetch quest.

Nov 25, 2019
Finished helping my mom with the event, I thought it was really great. I'm planning to do my own afterwards and grind like crazy the villagers' requests, praying I can get some extra mushrooms from them. The whole set is amazing, I love that they can be customised with a "spring" look for the SH. My only disappointment is that I don't like the floor.

EnvyreiVkAA0vnp

EnvyremVQAQqGAv

lol, yeah all my villagers were working on the kitchens/kitchenettes and are fake cooking. My mom turned on the stove on Mathilda's house to make it more believable.

I did not enjoy my time with Turkey Day. It was basically a glorified fishing/diving event. I think it's clear they had to cut some corners, since pumpkins were the only ingredients used that weren't from the sea.

I called it quits when I found out I had to find a scallop and Dungeness crab. And then I came on here and saw the little tidbit that you can purchase the DIY recipes tomorrow, which is a relief.
There are 4 exclusive items for the day, which you won't get if you don't finish it. The recipes are obtainable after the event, but they don't include the exclusives.

The recipes also used mushrooms if you're on the NH, so that's another ingredient not from the sea. Unlike NL, they probably didn't want to use fruits since some people may not have acquired them.

BigTime_2018

Dec 31, 2018
Turkey Day is my favorite event so far. Gathering all the ingredients felt like a substantial activity.

Also, the Dungeness Crab was hard to find. Had to resort to trading with a Villager haha

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Finished turkey day! I had fun with it. I totally thought it was over after making all four dishes, but then I went to visit the missing villagers and realized there was more to do.

Now it's time to catch as many maple leaves as humanly possible in one hour.

TheIdiot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There are 4 exclusive items for the day, which you won't get if you don't finish it. The recipes are obtainable after the event, but they don't include the exclusives.

The recipes also used mushrooms if you're on the NH, so that's another ingredient not from the sea. Unlike NL, they probably didn't want to use fruits since some people may not have acquired them.

Yeah I got the 4 exclusives and 2 additional items. I'm in the southern hemisphere, so I'm sure the event is overall more charming in the Autumn.

GeoGonzo

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Madrid, Spain
Turkey Day is my favorite event so far. Gathering all the ingredients felt like a substantial activity.

Also, the Dungeness Crab was hard to find. Had to resort to trading with a Villager haha
Kind of agree it might have been the best event, but honestly events aren't this game's specialty.

Surprisingly I had the most trouble finding a sea bass, of all things. Eventually Marina gifted me one, but still: weird.

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
I only traded with 4 cooking villagers for completionist's sake and each one told me a different secret ingredient, but I got really lucky with the ingredients they traded me:
EnxhBU7VkAAUFan

BigTime_2018

Dec 31, 2018
Kind of agree it might have been the best event, but honestly events aren't this game's specialty.

Surprisingly I had the most trouble finding a sea bass, of all things. Eventually Marina gifted me one, but still: weird.
There was a few minutes when I had a hard time finding a Sea Bass, too. Of course, the one time I actually want a Sea Bass, I can't find one lol

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017

It's basically a slightly toned down version of the New Leaf version. New Leaf was basically the same except some of the ingredients could only be found via trading with cooking villagers. Vinegar, butter, and flour; and they had unique models. Woulda been cool to have those items in New Horizons for decorations.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I think this is my favorite event so far? The scavenger hunt was fun, especially since there were secret bonus items you could wind up with by accident. I really dig some of the items too (garden stand and wall specifically) though I do feel like older games had better Harvest/Spooky sets than the ones we got this fall.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Just FYI, once you get the 4 main rewards for helping Franklin cook the dishes you don't have to do the extra dishes for the 8 DIY's if you don't want to, I read they will be available for purchase the next day at Nook's for like 20K Bells.

Boogiepop

Oct 25, 2017
My nephew's Franklin isn't showing up. He still hasn't done all the starting stuff (hasn't gotten Isabelle yet), so is that why? Any way to fix it for him?

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
My nephew's Franklin isn't showing up. He still hasn't done all the starting stuff (hasn't gotten Isabelle yet), so is that why? Any way to fix it for him?
He can set his time back to november 1st and get the resident services building by playing those days one at a time until he gets the preliminaries done.

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
I lucked into getting the crab while I was still searching for an oyster and scallop, which is good because none of my villagers traded me one. Event was cute and fun, and I was happy to see I had a strawboat hat in my storage, so I could match with the others. It was also cute seeing the indoor animals in their chef outfits and cooking. I saved and reset a few times so I could snap pics of all ten of them inside.

As for what I'm thankful for: I'm thankful that I'm already done with the zodiac business for the month, haha. I had Celeste last night, and I managed to get in the full 20 wishes, and got both the Sagittarius fragments needed this morning.

Barely Able

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I just added Sterling to my island today. Was weird seeing him cook thanksgiving in a run down jail cell...creepy AF to be honest.

Pink Tape

Oct 25, 2017
Red Velvet's cookie jar
I thought I saved up a scallop for one of the recipes but I guess I sold it so I had to find another one 😔 It took me the most time to find that than the other ingredients. It was a fun event though and I love how happy and cheerful the villagers are once the food is at the table.

HighFive

Oct 25, 2017
Woo. Finish the 4 main plus 4 extra, and got a diy with multiole thing i can craft! Nut wondering, what will be available tomorrow? Receip to cook some dishes?

Status
Not open for further replies.