• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Ok, I'm a little confused. With this update I can now freely transfer my own save data from my primary Switch to my secondary Switch like with other games, is that correct? I don't have to worry about the whole island data getting messed up or anything?
You can move either the entire island to another Switch or just non-representative residents over:

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Omg the curly hair is glorious. Closest I'll probably get to my hair and wearing beanies looks pretty darn accurate haha.

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017

So glad I can do random dream islands now. First one was a creepy Halloween island. Though I guess the spa area wasn't that scary.

Weegian

Oct 27, 2017
These one-off events aren't really doing it for me. I need some kind of new gameplay loop at this point.

MoogleWizard

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, not only did Tom make me pay my final loan (which is pointless and you don't even get an achievement), the storage upgrade cost me another 500k, that's 3 million for more storage slots. After all that I've done for this island, all the infrastructure, the residents, the scenery. Tom CROOK!

GeoGonzo

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Madrid, Spain
Honestly? I'm kind of shocked at the price being only half a million bells. I was expecting them to go with the usual 150%-200% the price of the last upgrade.

Sure, it wouldn't make much logical sense since it is only storage space but logic isn't used much for pricing videogame house upgrades: they are usually just increasingly more expensive goals and money sinks.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
This has been known for some time. It's kind of surprising that none of the more carniverously inclined villagers have eaten him yet.

They eat him and they will all die on the island within weeks or even days.

Who do you think organises the replenishment of the bugs and sea creatures despite the extreme levels of overfishing and removal of creatures from the wildlife that happens every single day? His underlings don't buy them all from you for a laugh.

You don't bite the hand that feeds you, even if it is a crook.

GeoGonzo

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Madrid, Spain
Wait maple recipes are only around *for one week?*
I've not seen even one maple recipe this week (aside from the freebie from isabelle). Or hell any recipes, barely any balloons this mont; i only have 2 of the Mush recipes (3 counting the isabelle receipe).
Oh from what I read online it is a handful of days more than a week: Maple season in the NH lasts till the 26th (but Im not sure if it includes the 26th).

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
Oh from what I read online it is a handful of days more than a week: Maple season in the NH lasts till the 26th (but Im not sure if it includes the 26th).
Well at least it's a little longer but man still not great combined with all the mush recipes I'm missing. Cherry Blossom's overlap with E G G was also not great but I've seriously been suffering from bad balloon luck. Guess its time to actively patrolling the shores again.

kodax_shc

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California

germansuplex

Apr 8, 2020
773, IL
Been awhile since I had a DIY spare surplus, but does anyone want any of the following? I'm looking for mush DIYs (except the wreath), maple and other fall DIYs.

Angled signpost
Aroma pot
Beekeepers hive
Classic-library wall
Juicy-apple tv
Kettle bathtub
Log dining table
Stacked magazines
Western-style stone
Wild-wood wall

Woylie

May 9, 2018
I think the event furniture like the Mushroom and Tree's Bounty sets being locked behind balloon drops is my biggest problem with New Horizons, even more than the clam/bait crafting issues. There are currently *3* separate event sets locked behind balloons that most players will likely barely see any of, with *30* diy recipes in all. I grinded to get all of the Cherry Blossom recipes and it took about way too long, but this is just a different level from even that.

Even if you're grinding out balloons on the beach using the "wait for the 0s and 5s" method, it'll still take REAL LIFE DAYS to get all the recipes. I think I have like 7 out of 30 right now, and that's with playing quite a bit over the fall without grinding balloons.

I think this might be where I'm just done - I need to let go of my OCD and just forget about getting all of the furniture, because it's not worth it. I love this series, but I wish it didn't have such a weird fetish for luck-based grinding (I will say this isn't quite as bad as waiting to get the Public Works Project suggestions from villagers in New Leaf, which took me well over a year)

I wish they'd just let you buy the set or recipes with Nook Miles or come up with some more fun/interesting way of getting recipes than "hope that maybe they fall from a balloon" - the least they could do is bump up the chance that a villager crafting or a beach bottle gives you a seasonal recipe during the period they're available, since it's just really deflating to get repeat normal recipes over and over when I'm trying to collect the seasonal ones, or even the handful of normal ones I still need like a few pieces of the Ironwood set, after like 9 months of regular play.

Last edited:

Gigglepoo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't think of a good argument against your post, Woylie. It's baffling they would add extensive grinding to a game that's supposed to be the antithesis of that mindset.

Nov 25, 2019
I agree with Woylie. Balloon farming is not very fun after doing it a few times. I also like the idea of being able to buy recipes with Nook Miles, it can be an interesting way to collect them. Limiting the purchase of recipe to 1 a day or something would still be an improvement. By the way, I think I have some ironwood dupes lying around if you want them (specifically the cart & cupboard).

Last edited:

Woylie

May 9, 2018
I agree with Woylie. Balloon farming is not very fun after doing it a few times. I also like the idea of being able to buy recipes with Nook Miles, it can be an interesting way to collect them. Limiting the purchase of recipe to 1 a day or something would still be an improvement. By the way, I think I have some ironwood dupes lying around if you want them (specifically the cart & cupboard).

I do still need the cart, actually! I have the recipe for the cupboard and kitchenette, but haven't found the ironwood dresser to make them yet, sadly.

Deleted member 33571

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 17, 2017
^Totally agree with the above posts--my partner and I still both play for at least 10-20 minutes most days and neither of us have gotten any recipes at all from the three ongoing sets. I'm particularly bummed about the mushroom ones since all the furniture is so great. It really is odd there's such a specific way to get them.

I mentioned this in another thread, but I think a pretty workable solution for these sets with special materials would be to use the same method they used for the garbage recipes, where once you've gathered enough, your character gets 'inspired' to make something out of them. I think that would better integrate the recipe-gathering with the actual main systems of the game rather than them being tied to this one specific action.....a bit more of something to work toward over time too, rather than rolling the dice a few times an hour and either getting it or not.
Even just the option to buy a subset of them would be nice though.

DodgeAnon

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if I'm being a smooth brain or it is just convoluted... but I play AC on my Switch Lite, and would like to transfer my entire save over to my other OG Switch so I can play AC on my TV.

How do I go about doing this now? I'm still confused after reading the transfer app. Also, can I then transfer the save back from the OG Switch to my Switch Lite using the same method and without losing anything?

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
I don't know if I'm being a smooth brain or it is just convoluted... but I play AC on my Switch Lite, and would like to transfer my entire save over to my other OG Switch so I can play AC on my TV.

How do I go about doing this now? I'm still confused after reading the transfer app. Also, can I then transfer the save back from the OG Switch to my Switch Lite using the same method and without losing anything?
You would need to do the island recovery which I believe requires contacting Nintendo and can only be performed a limited number of times.

Status
Not open for further replies.