• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trrzs

Oct 29, 2017
The Thanksgiving event will be on November 26th, can we expect the new update announcement tomorrow or next week? Maybe the will expand the farming mechanic with more vegetables so we need time to grow them up idk... im optimistic about this update.

NotSelf

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah it's probably going to be some new squash vegetables. Its going to be cool to see the harvest items in different colors they've always been pink.

GlakeGG

Sep 1, 2018
Minnesota
The Thanksgiving event will be on November 26th, can we expect the new update announcement tomorrow or next week? Maybe the will expand the farming mechanic with more vegetables so we need time to grow them up idk... im optimistic about this update.

I feel like if they were going to introduce something new for the farming mechanic, they'd give us a bit more time to prepare rather than scheduling the update for "Late November". Kinda sucks cause I was really hoping for veggies to be added in this year.

Also seems like this will be the last major update for the year. If anything, I hope we get the Cafe or something.

Gigglepoo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'm surprised we haven't gotten a cafe or garden store. Leif would be better as a store owner than guest.

GeoGonzo

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Madrid, Spain
I wouldn't expect any news on the update till the week starting on the 23th: Still before Thanksgiving, but the update was scheduled for LATE november.
-edit-
On second thought: Don't they usually start their announcements by highlighting a seasonal event that is already in the game? If they plan to do this again we might hear something next week since NH will start finding Maple leaves & recipes for the first time.

Last edited:

GeoGonzo

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Madrid, Spain
And I have a handful of extra spooky diys too: 4 x Spooky fence, 1x Spooky candy set, 4 x Spooky standing lamp. Poke me if any of you need any of them.

GlakeGG

Sep 1, 2018
Minnesota
I wouldn't expect any news on the update till the week starting on the 23th: Still before Thanksgiving, but the update was scheduled for LATE november.
-edit-
On second thought: Don't they usually start their announcements by highlighting a seasonal event that is already in the game? If they plan to do this again we might hear something next week since NH will start finding Maple leaves & recipes for the first time.

I believe the ACNH social media did the "November Highlight" video last week? I definitely remember seeing something.

Nov 25, 2019
I finally got all the mush recipes! I'm dying because I wasn't aware they had so many color variants and almost all of them are amazing.

Update announcement totally depends on the content planned for Harvest Festival. If we get new vegetables for the event, it should be available by the 18th to have enough time. If not, it can be as late as the 25th.

CJohn

Oct 30, 2017
I am starting this right now. Literally just picked my island format. Any tips for a newcomer to the series like me?

Mike Works

Oct 28, 2017
I am starting this right now. Literally just picked my island format. Any tips for a newcomer to the series like me?
Every building on your island can be moved except for Resident Services. So wherever you put that plaza when you build it, it's there for good.

You can only get 2 types of fruit playing offline -- the one native to your island, and one via mystery islands. And coconuts. All other fruit you need to trade with players for.

Bells will be easy to get soon enough due to the stalk market (if you play online). Nook miles are the real currency since that's how you get new villagers.

The first few villagers that move onto your island will have crappy "starter homes". They will all look the same on the inside. Like cabins. Eventually you'll start getting villagers that have unique homes.

Once a day you should see a shining gold spot on your island somewhere. Dig it up and get 1000 bells, then, depending on your money situation, bury up to 10,000 bells in the golden hole immediately. In a handful of days it will grow into a tree that will give you 30,000 bells. You can do this every day.

Hit rocks with your shovel to get materials and bells every day.

Have fun!

CJohn

Oct 30, 2017
So I have played a couple of hours. Payed my moving fees to Tom Nook and did the setup for the museum. Not much to do right now I think. I can do the loan to get a house but I think it is too soon for that?

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
So I have played a couple of hours. Payed my moving fees to Tom Nook and did the setup for the museum. Not much to do right now I think. I can do the loan to get a house but I think it is too soon for that?
You can store bugs and fish in tanks sitting around on the ground, so you can keep one of each for your museum. Too many and you'll get serious frame slowdown and pop-in, which might amuse you for a while.

But nah, you did your day's tasks, go to sleep irl. Come back tomorrow. It's supposed to take a year to get everything done.

rock

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
i have an extra mush log and mush partition DIY; will trade one or both for mush parasol DIY (not the umbrella!)

Jaq'or

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Jun 6, 2018
Got an extra Mushroom Wreath DIY. Still need the Mush Umbrella, Mushroom Wand, and Forest Wall, so lemme know if you're interested in trading 🤗

Last edited:

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Mike Works already mentioned it, but don't be too fixated on getting your dream villagers straight off the bat: the first five villagers you get won't even have their "true" houses, but basic ones.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Are we more likely to get mush recipes we don't have out of balloons, or is it totally random?

GeoGonzo

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Madrid, Spain
Are we more likely to get mush recipes we don't have out of balloons, or is it totally random?
For what its worth, I found the whole set without getting a single duplicate, learning them the moment I picked them up. Other people do have duplicated DIY but I wonder if it is because they didn't learn them before finding another or if they're using more than one local character to shoot down the balloons. If not, I was ridiculously lucky.

Jaq'or

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Jun 6, 2018
For what its worth, I found the whole set without getting a single duplicate, learning them the moment I picked them up. Other people do have duplicated DIY but I wonder if it is because they didn't learn them before finding another or if they're using more than one local character to shoot down the balloons. If not, I was ridiculously lucky.

I think you just got lucky 😛

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone have all the folding chair colors? Or at least red, blue and black that I can catalog?

For what its worth, I found the whole set without getting a single duplicate, learning them the moment I picked them up.
I got them all within a couple days. I only got one dupe and it was after I already had the full set.

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I am looking for the DIY for the Mush Partition. I'm willing to pay or trade the DIY for Mush Log and or Mush Lamp for it.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I shot one balloon today. It had red leaf pile diy in. A maple leaf recipe, on my first try!

.....shame isabelle gave it me in the morning announcement, huh.....

Gigglepoo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Surefire way to get a Maple Leaf DIY -- Say "Another yellow balloon? This is definitely going to bells." Works every time.

Lady Catherine de Bourgh

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
After two weeks of daily balloon farming I am only missing the mushroom partition. I am quite pleased with the fall season over all. There is a lot to do and I have my first duck villager. Molly lives in a cabin and fits well with the autumn theme.

Oct 27, 2017
Hi all. Hoping for a bit of help here. My 8 year old niece got the game for her birthday a week and a half ago. My memory is hazy from back in March when the game first came out, but should the game sync up with the real life seasons immediately? Or is it only after a certain point/number of tutorial tasks have been fulfilled?

I seem to remember it not being immediate, but she has been playing for a week and a half now and it still seems the be green grass/sunny skies default. Here in the UK/Norther hemisphere games it is Autumn. I'm starting to think she may have selected southern hemisphere at the start of the game.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Hi all. Hoping for a bit of help here. My 8 year old niece got the game for her birthday a week and a half ago. My memory is hazy from back in March when the game first came out, but should the game sync up with the real life seasons immediately? Or is it only after a certain point/number of tutorial tasks have been fulfilled?

I seem to remember it not being immediate, but she has been playing for a week and a half now and it still seems the be green grass/sunny skies default. Here in the UK/Norther hemisphere games it is Autumn. I'm starting to think she may have selected southern hemisphere at the start of the game.
Automatically. While she might have picked the wrong hemisphere, is there a chance the time and date settings on her Switch are wrong?

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's so strange how Isabelle is all excited about the leaves just starting to fall when the trees here have been pretty much barren for at least two weeks and how it's pitch black outside right now in real life but totally sunny in Animal Crossing. I really wish they had done more to align these seasonal mechanics with actual local seasons. It would just feel better and it would help address the problems with seasonal DIY recipes being too rare by providing a wider window of time for players, as a whole, to collect them. All this fall stuff would have been cool a couple weeks ago, now it just makes me sad because all this stuff already happened and now we're in the shitty pre-winter part of fall that no one likes.

NotSelf

Oct 26, 2017
My two predictions for two big updates early next year a island shopping district like city folk and a island amusement park.

Fall leafs are so nice.

Em-u30QVoAEbBvt

Oct 28, 2017
Is the DIY recipe for the Tree's Bounty big tree available now that maple leaves are out and about?
Yes, I got it today.

It's so strange how Isabelle is all excited about the leaves just starting to fall when the trees here have been pretty much barren for at least two weeks and how it's pitch black outside right now in real life but totally sunny in Animal Crossing. I really wish they had done more to align these seasonal mechanics with actual local seasons. It would just feel better and it would help address the problems with seasonal DIY recipes being too rare by providing a wider window of time for players, as a whole, to collect them. All this fall stuff would have been cool a couple weeks ago, now it just makes me sad because all this stuff already happened and now we're in the shitty pre-winter part of fall that no one likes.
As a resident of Arizona, I'm really glad that they don't try harder to sync the in-game seasons to real life. Animal Crossing is excellent for my reverse SAD during the absolutely punishing summer heat and the fact it has actual seasons (falling leaves and snow, get hyped!) really adds a certain luster to the "good seasons" in real life.

Oct 27, 2017
So is Isabelle supposed to give me a maple leaf recipe at some stage? My wife got hers when she switched on yesterday (16th November) which is when maple leaves start falling, but in my town it was daisy dogs birthday so that was Isabelle's announcement on 16th and today she didn't mention maple leaves either.

Maple leaves are falling and I've had one recipe (trees big bounty) but only one so far.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
So is Isabelle supposed to give me a maple leaf recipe at some stage? My wife got hers when she switched on yesterday (16th November) which is when maple leaves start falling, but in my town it was daisy dogs birthday so that was Isabelle's announcement on 16th and today she didn't mention maple leaves either.

Maple leaves are falling and I've had one recipe (trees big bounty) but only one so far.

I would assume you get yours tomorrow then when the next "announcement slot" is free but I'm only guessing here.

Burning Justice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's possible to get dupes from balloons, but you're much more likely to get recipes you don't have than recipes you do.

GlakeGG

Sep 1, 2018
Minnesota
I am hoping the update trailer comes out this week and the update no later than mid next week. The previous update trailers launched a few days to a little over a week before the updates actually arrived so I think it is doable.

This morning, or Thursday morning will be our best shot at getting some info this week I think. Otherwise Tuesday next week for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.