• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 25, 2019
Hi all, I'm adding my partners friend code here, she is new to Animal Crossing and would love to be able to see other peoples Islands. She doesn't play console games very often but is very much enjoying ACNH!

3004-1231-2555
There is a feature where you can dream about other people islands and tour them whenever you want. Here is the list of Dream Addresses of ERA members:

Your partner can visit all those islands if she wants :D Hope she keeps enjoying the game!

I haven't updated the list in a while, so apologies to everyone I may have missed.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
I have all the Tree's Bounty recipes except the tree's bounty big tree and the tree's bounty arch. Do these only appear during maple leaf season?
You can't get any recipe that uses Maple Leaf as an ingredient unless it is Maple Leaf season. I'd assume anyone who already has it either is in the Southern Hemisphere, uses Time Travel, or got a duplicate recipe from a friend.

To be more clear, you can not get any of these nine recipes from a balloon or Isabelle unless you are in Maple Leaf season.
villagerdb.com

Maple Leaf | Animal Crossing Item and Villager Database - VillagerDB

Maple Leaf can be found in New Horizons.

I thought today was the start of the maple DIYs.
The 16th through the 26th, if I recall correctly.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I'll have Reneigh in boxes tomorrow if anyone is interested. She's a big sweety.

7024d7c1-83fc-4b5d-9c98-3c8374eda860

Mike Works

Oct 28, 2017
There is a feature where you can dream about other people islands and tour them whenever you want. Here is the list of Dream Addresses of ERA members:

Your partner can visit all those islands if she wants :D Hope she keeps enjoying the game!

I haven't updated the list in a while, so apologies to everyone I may have missed.
Can you add my island to that list?

DA-8964-8298-0204

I think my last upload was on Halloween.

Oct 25, 2017
We're a long way from getting to this point, it seems, but in case the occasion should ever arise, you can have this one for free:

Animal Crossing: New Horizons |OT5| Four Seasons Total Landscaping

Anbec

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
So today, Marina asked to move.
Tomorrow she should be in boxes right?
If someone wants her!

I really don't know what to ask .. I know she is popular but she randomly appeared.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
What's this game's "hacking" scene like? What do we need to watch out for? In Wild World, there was seeding. In City Folk, it was ugly custom villagers and DLC like the "lightsaber". I didn't play or hear much about New Leaf, so no clue what it was there.

With New Horizons, is there anything similar that would ruin it for those that prefer a more legit experience? So far, I have seen some guy on the Turnip Exchange site that had a fixed turnip price upwards of 600 Bells.

Oct 28, 2017
What's this game's "hacking" scene like? What do we need to watch out for? In Wild World, there was seeding. In City Folk, it was ugly custom villagers and DLC like the "lightsaber". I didn't play or hear much about New Leaf, so no clue what it was there.

With New Horizons, is there anything similar that would ruin it for those that prefer a more legit experience? So far, I have seen some guy on the Turnip Exchange site that had a fixed turnip price upwards of 600 Bells.
By fixed, do you mean all day, every day? The highest legitimate price is around 660 if I recall correctly. Nintendo has been okay at getting rid of hacked items (such as the star fragment trees) but there are plenty of people out there with infinite riches. I think the hacking community is largely focused on giving people the eight new villagers who don't have amiibo cards, but I don't think they can do much on other people's islands yet.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
By fixed, do you mean all day, every day? The highest legitimate price is around 660 if I recall correctly. Nintendo has been okay at getting rid of hacked items (such as the star fragment trees) but there are plenty of people out there with infinite riches. I think the hacking community is largely focused on giving people the eight new villagers who don't have amiibo cards, but I don't think they can do much on other people's islands yet.
Yeah, all day, every day. He pulled some shenanigans to make them stay at 660.

Good to hear that the hackers are currently harmless, but I still shudder when I think of that custom villager that moved into my town back in City Folk. Dude looked like he was designed by a 10 year old in MS Paint. I hope we never see anything like that.

Jan 2, 2018
Massachusetts

Haven't seen any hackers, but there are two harmless glitch exploits I've seen and used that would probably look like hacking-- one which lets you put trees along cliffs, and one to "climb" to the 4th level of your island and place objects there.

MoogleWizard

Oct 27, 2017
With Halloween over I let Pietro the creepy sheep go. I thought I would like him but I just wasn't feeling it. He was replaced by Frank, mostly because I want his badass photo:
982422c047d1d25a45605a6d3bdf57554318cfc1.png

I gave him a noble coat and it fits so well, Apollo has cranky eagle competition now!
EmdSlYIU8AErzPo

You can't get any recipe that uses Maple Leaf as an ingredient unless it is Maple Leaf season. I'd assume anyone who already has it either is in the Southern Hemisphere, uses Time Travel, or got a duplicate recipe from a friend.

To be more clear, you can not get any of these nine recipes from a balloon or Isabelle unless you are in Maple Leaf season.
villagerdb.com

Maple Leaf | Animal Crossing Item and Villager Database - VillagerDB

Maple Leaf can be found in New Horizons.

The 16th through the 26th, if I recall correctly.
Thank you. You saved me from pointlessly shooting down balloons ^^

Gigglepoo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is there any reason to hang on to the creatures you can collect by diving? I keep three of every fish and insect in storage for when CJ and Flick come to town, and I've been hanging on to the deep sea creatures too, but I'm not sure if I need to.

NotSelf

Oct 26, 2017
Is there any reason to hang on to the creatures you can collect by diving? I keep three of every fish and insect in storage for when CJ and Flick come to town, and I've been hanging on to the deep sea creatures too, but I'm not sure if I need to.

Sadly you can't trade deep sea creatures for models.

NotSelf

Oct 26, 2017
^ Yep the seaweed and horseshoe carbs are great for decorating. I also like using some of the ones that are in plastic containers.

EmfZu8jVcAA6IcX

NotSelf

Oct 26, 2017
Oh I think you mean the ones on the right there just regular fishing poles you just place on the ground.

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
www.resetera.com

Amiibo Cards Trading/Help Thread | Gotta Trade Em All

Back in the old place, we had a thread specifically for trading amiibo cards and after last week's Animal Crossing Direct, we found out that the cards would be working once again in Animal Crossing New Horizons. The point of this thread is for those looking to trade or otherwise swap their...

Looks like the AC Amiibo cards are starting to ship out from retailers and should be available by the end of the week at most retail stores, so i figured it might be a good chance to give the Trade thread a little boost :)

Marmoka

Oct 27, 2017
Does anybody know how to get DIYs related to mushrooms? I've been taking bottles with recipes at the beach, talking with my neighbours, shooting at balloons,... And I didn't get nothing at all. This is embarrassing, the month will end and I will have many mushrooms without knowing what to do with them.

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
Does anybody know how to get DIYs related to mushrooms? I've been taking bottles with recipes at the beach, talking with my neighbours, shooting at balloons,... And I didn't get nothing at all. This is embarrassing, the month will end and I will have many mushrooms without knowing what to do with them.
They're in the balloons. You just have to keep shooting them down, unfortunately.

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
Shit, I've only seen one balloon every 30 minutes. I guess I will need to be patient.
Thanks for your response!!
Do you know how to hunt balloons? They show up more often than that. Check the wind direction to see where they are coming from (use chimney smoke from houses) and then run up and down the beach on that side on the xx:x0 and xx:x5 times. They don't spawn every chance, but most of the time they do.

The wind will switch direction in the evening, at 6 or 7.

Oct 27, 2017
Stupid tarantula spawns. It's been 11 days now, I've only seen 2 tarantulas on my island. First one I missed and it got me, second one caught me unawares and chased me until it jumped in the river. That was 5 days ago, the spawn rates on these things are a pain.

I've visited lots of other islands with no luck. I even tried the whole 'visit another island, clear everything bugs can spawn on and wait' which didn't work as apparently it needs to be raining.

Humph.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, Redd had THREE real paintings today. Two are spoken for already but if anyone still needs a real Jolly painting, it's still here.

MrPickles

Oct 25, 2017
Do you know how to hunt balloons? They show up more often than that. Check the wind direction to see where they are coming from (use chimney smoke from houses) and then run up and down the beach on that side on the xx:x0 and xx:x5 times. They don't spawn every chance, but most of the time they do.

The wind will switch direction in the evening, at 6 or 7.

This method definitely worked for me. Over the course of two nights, I stood on my pier (bottom right of island) and at 5 and 0 times would go up and down to find the balloon. They spawned about 90% of the time, and it took about 40-50 balloons to get all of the mushroom recipes. From what I read, the balloons actually spawn every 4th and 9th minute, but it takes them close to a minute to blow to the island (they start way out in the ocean).

Will probably have to do it again in a week for the maple recipes. So dumb.

Nov 25, 2019
My quest for the Mush recipes keeps going. I have the parasol/log/umbrella left. I have a duplicate low stool if anyone is interested.

Wow, Redd had THREE real paintings today. Two are spoken for already but if anyone still needs a real Jolly painting, it's still here.
Hey, is the Jolly still available? I have a famous/twinkling/wild right half for trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.