• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NotSelf

Oct 26, 2017
Happy Halloween!

ElsehyvU8AATAgw

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
Apparently I've got all the Halloween items within half an hour. That's a shame, I thought there might be more to get, but it's just duplicates now. Had a quick Google and I appear to have everything on the list.

Jack keeps going on about something extra special if I keep bringing him lollipops, not sure what that is.

The DIY for the items he gives I think, the carriage specifically I didn't get after a few but it seems to exist based on guides.

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
I love the creepy distortion on Jack's voice lol. I think he just had a generic deep voice in some of the past games.

And the smugs are dressed as vampires in top hats, just like my costume! :D

Johnzyboi

Nov 10, 2018
I spent way to long just doing reactions with my villagers. Wished I stocked up on Candy this month. Only had 7 pieces.

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
I've been repeatedly pissing off Jack and there are at least four Halloween face paints:
1. Stitches
2. Wrinkles (honestly not sure what this one is supposed to look like)
3. Patches
4. An illustration of a little bat and jack-o'-lantern on your face

I spent way to long just doing reactions with my villagers. Wished I stocked up on Candy this month. Only had 7 pieces.
You can get more by repeatedly going into houses or dressing up as Jack and talking to the villagers outside.

Anyone know if you can keep the "trick" facial designs after Halloween?
I don't know if it's possible. I'd like to keep the stitches one because it sort of goes with my vampire outfit.

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
I'm wearing a sprite costume but the indoor villagers don't recognize it as a costume so fuck me I guess

Asmar

Oct 27, 2017
I entered the new day and Isabelle announced that mushrooms are starting to pop up on the island
Also she gave me a mushroom wreath that requires different kinds of mushrooms

I don't think there was anything mentioned in the update about this?

Oct 28, 2017
The grind to get that last DIY recipe is brutal
Which one? I've been popping balloons, visiting villagers, buying the daily candy, and stocking up on costume parts all month long. Was able to complete the event on two characters in less than an hour and got all four of the new recipes very easily on both within 4-5 Lollipops each. I ended up "spending" double the required candy on rolling the RNG tables to get more candy buckets and rugs and suchlike as well. I'm sorry the event is being stingy to you.

One thing I am really happy about is the way I laser focused down Balloons at the start of the event and took it easy for the other three weeks. I can't even imagine what it would be like trying to pop the last Spooky recipe out of the sky on the cusp of November and the roughly 20 November exclusive Balloon Recipes.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Which one? I've been popping balloons, visiting villagers, buying the daily candy, and stocking up on costume parts all month long. Was able to complete the event on two characters in less than an hour and got all four of the new recipes very easily on both within 4-5 Lollipops each. I ended up "spending" double the required candy on rolling the RNG tables to get more candy buckets and rugs and suchlike as well. I'm sorry the event is being stingy to you.

One thing I am really happy about is the way I laser focused down Balloons at the start of the event and took it easy for the other three weeks. I can't even imagine what it would be like trying to pop the last Spooky recipe out of the sky on the cusp of November and the roughly 20 November exclusive Balloon Recipes.
It was mostly just that I didn't buy enough candy throughout the month, I only had 5 or 6 pieces going in so I had to keep going into the 3 villagers' houses to get enough for the lollipops for Jack. It seems like it's a 50/50 chance after the first time whether they'll actually give you candy or tell you to come back next time and I swear I went into the wrong house first every single time.

Mike Works

Oct 28, 2017
It looks like my villagers stopped trick or treating me after I got each item. I wanted to see what a trick looked like :(

Nov 25, 2019
Happy Halloween! Enjoyed the event, played it enough to get everything and now I'm trying to get dupes of the floor/wall, since they're exclusives. Liked watching all the dialogue from the islanders, and doing a second round scaring all of them using Jack's clothes. I also wasn't expecting Jack's super deep voice coming from that small body haha he is a fun character, shame he's only around for a few hours.

123337627_3564918030242628_4410059237724858556_o.jpg

123050036_3564915356909562_9019337487186594805_o.jpg

123241543_3564918006909297_1422399793546888710_o.jpg

123111742_3564915370242894_1392732735587681707_o.jpg

123321601_3564918010242630_670193045131846549_o.jpg

Alexhex

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
EltPdC1U0AE5NL8

Happy with my costume but the bee sting meant I was getting literal medicine instead of candy while trick-or-treating haha

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm missing the spooky fence and chair recipes. A site says I can't get these from treating villagers. Is that true?

I'll happily trade my spare recipes if anyone has these.

EDIT: the villagers just gave me the chair & fence recipes. Strange.

Last edited:

Pink Tape

Oct 25, 2017
Red Velvet's cookie jar
Almost everyone on my island is wearing imp horns lmao. It's cute. I think I got everything I wanted from the event and I might save a lollipop for myself.

Happy Halloween everybody!

(I also have an extra DIY for a Spooky Standing Lamp if anybody needs it!)

Last edited:

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, okay. I think I have everything from the villagers? I have a couple of duplicate recipes but some new ones still pop up. Thanks!
I think everything you can get today is:

Spooky carriage
Spooky carriage (DIY)
Spooky garland
Spooky garland (DIY)
Spooky wall
Spooky flooring
Spooky rug
Spooky wand (DIY)
Jack's Robe
Jack's Face

I'm pretty sure that's all of it, that was just off the top of my head.

Oct 26, 2017
I think everything you can get today is:

Spooky carriage
Spooky carriage (DIY)
Spooky garland
Spooky garland (DIY)
Spooky wall
Spooky flooring
Spooky rug
Spooky wand (DIY)
Jack's Robe
Jack's Face

I'm pretty sure that's all of it, that was just off the top of my head.
Hmm, I'll have to recheck if I got the non-recipe garland. I got the rest for sure though.
I spent way too long trying to get that bonus reward...
What bonus reward?

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
After like 2 months or so, I finally came back for a bit this last week, and this Halloween event is pretty fun. Think I got everything from today beside a recipe or two, plus I bought a crap ton of pumpkin start over. XD I especially love getting extra candy from wearing jack's face and robes.

The month of spooks is coming to a close, but I might make a spooky spot soon with the stuff I got! Also ended up getting Ankha to come my island, so now I have 3 cats lol.

Oct 27, 2017
November the 1st, spooky time is done!

My wife is busy purging her town of anything Halloween but I really like the look of some of the items so I might keep a few around. Whether I leave them scattered about or have a designated Halloween area somewhere I haven't decided yet.

Lady Catherine de Bourgh

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
November the 1st, spooky time is done!

My wife is busy purging her town of anything Halloween but I really like the look of some of the items so I might keep a few around. Whether I leave them scattered about or have a designated Halloween area somewhere I haven't decided yet.
I just rotated a lot of my pumpkin decorations so they have more of a regular autumn vibe.

Lady Catherine de Bourgh

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know how the mushroom spawn rates work? I got like 3 or 4 this morning. Do they spawn multiple times a day or do I Have to wait for tomorrow to get more?

NotSelf

Oct 26, 2017
How long do guys plan to leave the Halloween decorations out? I think I'm taking things down today probably leave some pumpkins. I feel like my game has become a bit more laggy ever since I added them.

Deleted member 2317

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm definitely leaving three pumpkins on the island in various places because they serve as really cool lamps / markers!

magimix

Dec 9, 2018
Does anyone know how the mushroom spawn rates work? I got like 3 or 4 this morning. Do they spawn multiple times a day or do I Have to wait for tomorrow to get more?

I believe daily. The ol' 5am refresh.

Edit: On an entirely different note.... YEEEEeeees! My first golden rose! Finally! Only 9 more to go, to have enough to make the golden rose wreath. Once I also get the recipe as well, somehow. Okay, maybe I won't break out the Champagne just yet.

Lady Catherine de Bourgh

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
I believe daily. The ol' 5am refresh.

Edit: On an entirely different note.... YEEEEeeees! My first golden rose! Finally! Only 9 more to go, to have enough to make the golden rose wreath. Once I also get the recipe as well, somehow. Okay, maybe I won't break out the Champagne just yet.

hmmm that will ask for some dedication if you only get a few mushrooms a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.