• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
I tested this on my backup Switch and the drop rate does not increase. Maybe if Nintendo someday patches it, but that would also be retroactively unfair for Southern Hemisphere players, so I can't see them doing it.
Oh, that makes sense. Time to just shake trees like crazy then!

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
www.resetera.com

I Think I Erased My Wife’s Animal Crossing Island Beyond Recovery... [Up: All's Well That Ends Well!]

And I feel absolutely horrible about it right now. She’s a huge Animal Crossing fan and has put over 500 hours into her New Horizons island. I went to GameStop earlier and purchased the Animal Crossing Special Edition Switch to surprise her with. So I bring it home and am transferring everything...

Y'all we gotta help out... Donations of items or something
Thankfully the save data was okay, Nintendo did the transfer, and OP is still alive.

CarpenterJack

Nov 18, 2017
Why is there no autumn colors in my Animal Crossing? Haven't played for a few weeks but wanted to try the new update. Isabelle talked about Halloween and all that but still looks like Summer outside.

Common Knowledge

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Why is there no autumn colors in my Animal Crossing? Haven't played for a few weeks but wanted to try the new update. Isabelle talked about Halloween and all that but still looks like Summer outside.
Yeah I would've thought things would have looked full-blown Autumn by now. It'll suck if we only get a couple weeks of pretty fall colors before winter hits.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
Do fruit trees' leaves change color as well?

The first week the pine cones and acorns showed up, I didn't stop until I grabbed about ten of each per day. That was a lot of shaking!
That's a good idea. I did that today while watching my partner play A Plague Tale. Didn't take too much time!

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I got the Animal Crossing Switch and I decided to just start completely over on the new Switch rather than reach out to Nintendo to transfer my island.

Dodo Airlines won't unlock the Best Friends app for me, so I can't re-add my friends for my new avatar/island. Is this because of my old island being tied to my Nintendo Online account? Is this some sort of limitation to having multiple islands across multiple systems..? I hadn't played in months before I reinstalled the game to my new Switch.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I got the Animal Crossing Switch and I decided to just start completely over on the new Switch rather than reach out to Nintendo to transfer my island.

Dodo Airlines won't unlock the Best Friends app for me, so I can't re-add my friends for my new avatar/island. Is this because of my old island being tied to my Nintendo Online account? Is this some sort of limitation to having multiple islands across multiple systems..? I hadn't played in months before I reinstalled the game to my new Switch.
Wow, that was a while ago. I think you have to go back to Orville and have him open your gate to all friends. Then he should give you the app.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Wow, that was a while ago. I think you have to go back to Orville and have him open your gate to all friends. Then he should give you the app.

That did it, thank you!

I had visited other friends' islands but hadn't yet opened mine up. That's where I was messing up. We were all puzzled as to why I didn't have the Best Friends app and couldn't be added as a friend when I was visiting, but that did the trick!

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone have a pumpkin carriage recipe they'd be willing to sell to my wife? She's been having no luck trying to get it

Nov 25, 2019
Hello everyone, Celeste is visiting my island tonight. She is currently on the third level, at the top right corner above Julia's house (you'll need a ladder). You can come for a recipe, buy another candy at Nook's or grab the Magic Academy Robe with the sisters.

The Dodo Code is C8M6H.

Last edited:

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017

CNoodles

Banned
Mar 7, 2019
I have Merengue in boxes if anybody is interested. I have been looking for kid Katt or snake if anyone wants to do a swap.

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
Wife is going on maybe like 30 nook tickets now for a new villager. Has seen one village three times already and is growing increasingly angry. She just wants a cat and after however many months of playing (launch) she has not gotten one cat that isn't a lion or a tiger. Nintendo, come the fuck on.

Kamala

Sep 22, 2019
Good luck to her!! I spent like 50-60 tickets and found ONE cat... :( Left her cause she would be my THIRD snooty cat 😫

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
We went through some hell with the last villager replacement.

Tex packed his bags and left, he was my original Smug camper.
Both me and my roommate burned through many many tickets trying to find a replacement, we actually ran into Tex (with his memories erased) THREE TIMES. Several other villagers showed up as many times too, including multiple previous residents. Wasted a good portion of a saturday on that mess.

I did finally settle on Eugene in the end. His house is awful and doesn't fit his personality at all.

MoogleWizard

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't played in days. The daily interactions have gotten stale. The flavor is gone, the animals are too docile. I want some of this back:

yu4mV.gif

c2bdcc9ab158eebc95a0473f371a60492d6d28c5.jpg

d6db31c8435e417cd0b103b09c65caeb.jpg

Asmar

Oct 27, 2017
So is there anything to do other than customizing (terraforming, decorating, etc...) after K.K. Slider concert? My daily playtime dropped massively after that, everyday I open the game and I feel there is nothing to do :(

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
when you unlock the new Halloween emotes, does it just add an entire new row of blanks?

I just got my last emote this morning (thanks Ankha!), and it fills out the menu in a perfect square which will now be ruined by the new ones lol

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
Can one do dreams via local multiplayer? Aka both people with Nintendo online accounts visiting a dream island together?

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
It adds another tab of emotes, with 40 empty spaces.
Does anyone know if they ever updated the game to allow any villager to give emotes? I know (and assume it still is) that specific villager personalities will give you specific ones. My town is lacking in ...i think 3 different ones but its also filled with all of my personal favorites thanks to amiibo cards. I don't want to get rid of anyone but i also don't want to miss out on the other reactions.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know if they ever updated the game to allow any villager to give emotes? I know (and assume it still is) that specific villager personalities will give you specific ones. My town is lacking in ...i think 3 different ones but its also filled with all of my personal favorites thanks to amiibo cards. I don't want to get rid of anyone but i also don't want to miss out on the other reactions.
Pretty sure the top-friendship level and personality restrictions still apply.

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
RNG is being a jerk today. I've burned 40,000 Miles and it won't give me a single Smug villager. I just had my only Smug move out, so I just want another one to replace him.

Edit: It took fifty tickets to get it to spawn a Smug. Now Lopez will move to my town.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.