• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
So, when do the fall colors appear?
So just like the real world, where the only seasons we get are summer and weird wavering between autumnal and mild winter temperatures. Those 1-2 weeks we get of spring and actual autumn each year ain't counting shit.

ok, I ran some time travel experiments for y'all. late October isn't TOO bad but i wish it currently looked like November 15:

October 15
ddAB97a.jpeg

October 30
5APog3y.jpg

November 15
HOVjGvl.jpeg

Textured Monk

Oct 27, 2017
Southern hemisphere here - I can't help with the resources but I have a few recipes leftover from earlier in the year (Trees Bounty Mobile, pile of leaves, acorn pochette) if anyone needs them. I've also got a few winter DIYs and an assortment of general ones if anyone's looking for something in particular.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017

I admit that I enjoyed this update a lot. Can't wait for my pumpkin patch I build to grow pumpkins and decorate my town. I had a graveyard since April and it's going to look so lit with all the Halloween stuff. I even growing pumpkins in select places in my town for decoration when I originally was going to keep everything in the patch.

SuperBanana

Oct 28, 2017
Has balloon spawn rates changed? I'm finding virtually none. 4 times played in 3 days, found 2 balloons in total...

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The changing colors have always been based Japanese seasons, not American or European ones, where autumn colors come out much later. Just one of those weird regional quirks that still persists in this game, which demonstrates how the northern/southern hemisphere options are such a basic implementation of regional localization.

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017

If you still want those path prints (and keep in mind, they really only work with the dirt paths due to coloring), my creator code is MA-7013-6419-4285.

I also made some Halloween III hoodies (with a Silver Shamrock logo on the back as you can see in the pic), a Banjo hoodie, a Freddy Krueger sweater and some other junk:

iuFJsU8.jpg

Has balloon spawn rates changed? I'm finding virtually none. 4 times played in 3 days, found 2 balloons in total...

they still spawn on the shores on the every five minutes for me (0s and 5s). Not always, of course, but I don't sense that the rate changed any.

MoogleWizard

Oct 27, 2017
Punchy is at my campsite and Cherry finally gave me her photo... He's adorable but I already have two cats. Decisions, decisions...

edit: And Coco gave me her photo, too! This must be a sign, either a dog or a rabbit/gyroid will be packing up tonight and a lazy cat is moving in tomorrow!

Last edited:

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
Yay! I finally got my first portrait. I guess Raymond really liked his birthday present yesterday:) Everyone else has been ungrateful up to now...

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
I have 3 cranky villagers Octavian, Wolfgang, and Chow. Chow's voice is way deeper than the others. It's a nice but small difference.
Guess I never noticed. Pietro and Julian have the same voice, and Octavian and Dobie also have the same voice

I actually wish Octavian's was a bit higher pitch, since I don't know, I feel like an octopus would have a bit higher of a voice than a wolf

Barn

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
ok, I ran some time travel experiments for y'all. late October isn't TOO bad but i wish it currently looked like November 15:

October 15
ddAB97a.jpeg

October 30
5APog3y.jpg

November 15
HOVjGvl.jpeg

Ah, I much appreciate you doing that. Definitely a downer, isn't it? I'm with you on wishing it looked like mid-November now -- but your flowers and paths are certainly helping the cause.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Anyone have good items today? I have Kicks in town with imp wings and spider tights.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
The changing colors have always been based Japanese seasons, not American or European ones, where autumn colors come out much later. Just one of those weird regional quirks that still persists in this game, which demonstrates how the northern/southern hemisphere options are such a basic implementation of regional localization.

It isn't just Japan. I'm in the midwest, and our leaves are still green. We don't get fall colors until late October.

Lady Catherine de Bourgh

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
I kind of like that the natural occurrences like cherry blossoms and fall leaves are only there for a short period. Like in reality it really heightens my enjoyment of that moments. I take hikes in the woods at least weekly and it is awesome seeing fall kicking in slowly. A mushroom here, some brown leaves on the ferns among a mostly green forrest. The game imitates that rather well.

Oct 27, 2017
Aha, finally unlocked the island creator app and what does that bugger Nook want? 6,000 nook miles for cliff/river permits! You swine.

After all I've done for this island I should get discounts and free stuff all the time. I MADE THIS ISLAND. Miserable ingrates.

Also good to have Leif in town, his pumpkin starts are half the price of those gouging bastard Nook twins. I have 50 pumpkins growing at the moment.

Also time to ignore Reneigh the stupid horse until she decides to leave, she's always in the way and is annoying. My favourite villager Iggly the penguin floated the idea of leaving, but no way, he's great Waddler. So he stays. Might ignore Phil the ostrich too, he has creepy eyes and zero cute factor. Career the gorilla I'm undecided on, I don't like his daft tiny moustache but I'll interact with him a bit more and see.

Also I've tried to make myself look a bit like a zombie with green skin and a shabby/ripped suit outfit and red eyes. Quite cool.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
BarryFishFinger Ignoring your villagers won't make them move away. It barely causes a blip in the RNG code.

But you can ignore them because you don't like talking to them, it's your island.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Campsite visitors can be used to get rid of particular villagers with soft resets, but of course if you don't like your camper either, well then buy amiibo cards, they'll be back in stores in november, thanks nintendo.
About time. They must have realized they were missing out on some money when people started making their own amiibo. Are they going to add the new villagers to any of the sets or are they just reprinting what they have?

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
About time. They must have realized they were missing out on some money when people started making their own amiibo. Are they going to add the new villagers to any of the sets or are they just reprinting what they have?
I believe just sets 1 through 4 are confirmed for reprint, with no new cards mentioned.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Anyone have good halloween items today in Ables or Kicks? I have vampire costumes and the mage hoods in Ables.

Nov 25, 2019
I had a busy week, so I wasn't able to start with the update until yesterday. So, this is a WIP:

120293601_3484332781634487_5050638914777228197_o.jpg

I took down some of the trees on my orchard in order to put the small pumpkin patch, but I think the end result was nice. Fruits and vegetables growing together! If they add the datamined vegetables later, I can still replace some fruit trees to have more space.

I haven't seen all the spooky recipes, but I've loved the ones we've gotten.

Oct 27, 2017
Newnan, GA

Lots of great stuff happened today! I had my first pumpkin harvest, my house hit 150,000 points, my island hit 5 stars, and one of my original villagers finally gave me their photo!

TheIdiot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm a bit disappointed that since the update I've played roughly 8-9 hours and have shot down around 21 balloons and I've only gotten two cherry blossom recipes. I think something is wrong for us southern hemisphere folk with the RNG for cherry blossom recipes due to Halloween.

I also found out that Isabelle should have given me a picnic recipe on the 1st day of October (1st of April equivalent) but because of Halloween I never got this.

What a bummer.

devenger

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
I got Genji, Drago and a flamingo colored ostrich. Really trying to get a weird menagerie going. What are some other cool or rare villagers to try for?

Nov 25, 2019
I'm a bit disappointed that since the update I've played roughly 8-9 hours and have shot down around 21 balloons and I've only gotten two cherry blossom recipes. I think something is wrong for us southern hemisphere folk with the RNG for cherry blossom recipes due to Halloween.

I also found out that Isabelle should have given me a picnic recipe on the 1st day of October (1st of April equivalent) but because of Halloween I never got this.

What a bummer.
Welcome to the Easter+Cherry Blossom hell. NH had the same, since both the Cherry DIY and Easter DIY were on the same pool. I ended up missing one Cherry Blossom recipe! Isabelle apparently only gives a recipe if there are no other announcements, but I have seen other players get the recipe from her later on. The NH was even more screwed, as by that time, many players were making early-game progress and there were new villagers moving in or something like that preventing the free-recipe.

It's an unfortunate grind. Best of luck! I can craft almost everything from that set, so let me know if you get tired of the grind and just want the stuff!

Lots of great stuff happened today! I had my first pumpkin harvest, my house hit 150,000 points, my island hit 5 stars, and one of my original villagers finally gave me their photo!

Congrats on the best day ever!

MoogleWizard

Oct 27, 2017
I got Genji, Drago and a flamingo colored ostrich. Really trying to get a weird menagerie going. What are some other cool or rare villagers to try for?
You could add Phoebe the phoenix, Hans the yeti and Julian the unicorn, and you'd have all four of the main "mythical" villagers. There's also Ruby, who's based on the moon rabbit in East Asian folklore and Avery, who's based on Azetc art.

Other cool ones:
  • Sterling the knight eagle
  • Knox the knight chicken
  • Lucky the mummy dog
  • Ankha the pharaoh cat
  • Ketchup the tomato duck
  • Tangy the orange cat
  • Julia the trans peacock
  • Pietro the clown sheep
  • Ken the ninja chicken

devenger

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
You could add Phoebe the phoenix, Hans the yeti and Julian the unicorn, and you'd have all four of the main "mythical" villagers. There's also Ruby, who's based on the moon rabbit in East Asian folklore and Avery, who's based on Azetc art.

Other cool ones:
  • Sterling the knight eagle
  • Knox the knight chicken
  • Lucky the mummy dog
  • Ankha the pharaoh cat
  • Ketchup the tomato duck
  • Tangy the orange cat
  • Julia the trans peacock
  • Pietro the clown sheep
  • Ken the ninja chicken

Awesome, saving this list with the robots. I'm pretty picky when I get the chance for a newbie.

TheIdiot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Welcome to the Easter+Cherry Blossom hell. NH had the same, since both the Cherry DIY and Easter DIY were on the same pool. I ended up missing one Cherry Blossom recipe! Isabelle apparently only gives a recipe if there are no other announcements, but I have seen other players get the recipe from her later on. The NH was even more screwed, as by that time, many players were making early-game progress and there were new villagers moving in or something like that preventing the free-recipe.

It's an unfortunate grind. Best of luck! I can craft almost everything from that set, so let me know if you get tired of the grind and just want the stuff!

Congrats on the best day ever!

Wow, you're right. I completely forgot about how screwed over the NH got due to the cursed Bunny Day and it being 2 weeks into the game.

Thank you for the offer, I will definitely keep it in mind if I don't get the recipes I'm interested in by the 10th.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Got my first pumpkin harvest that yielded me no white pumpkins. Sucks since I have to plant more pumpkins, wait four days, and pray to RNG. Thankfully, the rare pumpkins are only for customization. Too bad I want white since they are some of the best custom pumpkins.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
It blows my mind this game has been out for about 6 months now and there's still no way to select multiple pieces of clothing in the changing room nor any indicator showing what I have in my storage/catalog so I don't mistakenly buy dupes or having to meticulously check my app to see what I have already. With so much stuff I easily forget what I have and especially what color variations of things.

mk_68

Banned
Feb 3, 2020
Does anybody have a diner chair or sofa that I could catalog? Preferably red or black. Also, what about a blue or black diner dining table?

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
I love the Garden Wagon DYI. I wanted it since I first saw it months ago and I can finally make it.

Status
Not open for further replies.