• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
They reportedly have a chance of spawning every 5 minutes, at the 4 and 9 minute digits.

Apparently during the morning and afternoon they will always be flying in from the same direction, but that direction will switch at night. I haven't verified that myself, but if true it should make it easier to "farm" balloons.
thats true.

are the balloons different looking, like the easter ones were?
no. regular balloons. same as the acorn / pinecone recipe balloons.

Aug 14, 2020
regular every five minutes.
They reportedly have a chance of spawning every 5 minutes, at the 4 and 9 minute digits.

Apparently during the morning and afternoon they will always be flying in from the same direction, but that direction will switch at night. I haven't verified that myself, but if true it should make it easier to "farm" balloons.

Thank you! I'm always paranoid with this game that I'm going to miss out on recipes / time limited resources, but this seems like I'll have some pretty good odds.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Would anyone be willing to help out my wife with a trade sometime? Only thing she's after is the fruits she can't get on her island. The ones she's missing are apples, pears and peaches. She'd be willing to pay in bells or miles tickets ofc, whichever is preferred.

Boogiepop

Oct 25, 2017
I've been drifting off the game pretty hard, but trying to jump back in to keep up my museum. Got the rest of the stuff going away, but looks like I still need a gigas giant clam today.

Are there any tips at all for hunting diving creatures, or do I just have to keep on swimming and diving till one finally pops up?

jumper

Oct 27, 2017
Would anyone be willing to help out my wife with a trade sometime? Only thing she's after is the fruits she can't get on her island. The ones she's missing are apples, pears and peaches. She'd be willing to pay in bells or miles tickets ofc, whichever is preferred.
I could help with this, but tonight. Dm me.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Terraformed for the first time since April to prepare for my pumpkin patch. Was worried that I wouldn't have the room since despite my island not being 'filled', I wanted to keep as much as the natural beauty of the island. In short, I still wanted to keep that abandoned, wild feel in certain areas. Hopefully if we do get my vegetable to grow, I will just cycle the pumpkins out like a real garden.

Last edited:

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
I've been drifting off the game pretty hard, but trying to jump back in to keep up my museum. Got the rest of the stuff going away, but looks like I still need a gigas giant clam today.

Are there any tips at all for hunting diving creatures, or do I just have to keep on swimming and diving till one finally pops up?

They're random, but they shoot out a lot of bubbles so look for that. They also have a large shadow and move very fast, so if you find one just push the joystick slowly toward it and then dive onto it. If you can herd it towards the beach or the net, even better. It gets trapped and is easier to catch.

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
Quick: I accidentally told one of my villagers they could leave. Is there anything I can do to keep him?

It's Beardo. This dude is hilarious. I don't want him to go!

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Quick: I accidentally told one of my villagers they could leave. Is there anything I can do to keep him?

It's Beardo. This dude is hilarious. I don't want him to go!
Did it autosave after that ? You can still quit and restart the game if it did not autosave and you came back to the Switch's home screen.

Also, maybe you can use the ingame cloud save function to recover your last uploaded save ?

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
Did it autosave after that ? You can still quit and restart the game if it did not autosave and you came back to the Switch's home screen.

Also, maybe you can use the ingame cloud save function to recover your last uploaded save ?
Yeah, I thought about that but I've done so much stuff since I started playing. Lots of town development today... so I don't know if it's worth it to forfeit all that.

I could just buy the amino card for a few bucks on eBay. Lol. Maybe I'll just do that.

MoogleWizard

Oct 27, 2017
This update is great. The pumpkin items are awesome and finally some proper customizable stuff. I love the look of the monochrome ones.
And I get to cosplay as Count Dracula!

EjPdPzhUYAAUbXy

TheIdiot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm kind of regretting choosing the Southern Hemisphere. I have cherry blossoms and the Halloween decorations just aren't fitting in. The other holidays will definitely suffer too. Christmas with cicadas, lol.

At the time I figured events would be "localized" but that was naive of me. I'm just considering scrapping everything honestly.

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Oh no, I have to actually catch the Mahi-Mahi fish this month as its leaving in October. I already wasted so much bait on the pier and it never appeared.

Geg

Oct 25, 2017
So after a long villager hunting session yesterday after letting Piper go, I think I'm satisfied with my island's residents. I don't see myself letting anyone leave again.

8kGEyNs.png

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
I'm so glad to be done with all the pier fish

it's so... weird having it be a new month without anything for me to catch (other than the venus flower basket and lobster, but those are night time diving critters)

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
All spooky furniture DIYs require orange pumpkins (among other things).

Customization to yellow, white or green versions of the furniture requires pumpkins of those colors.
No customization kits required.

(the DIYs can be found in regular balloons.)

Barely Able

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
All spooky furniture DIYs require orange pumpkins (among other things).

Customization to yellow, white or green versions of the furniture requires pumpkins of those colors.
No customization kits required.

(the DIYs can be found in regular balloons.)
Thanks for saying how to get them. Might need to farm them as I hardly have any of the fall DIYs despite shooting a lot of balloons. Wish there were more avenues to get the recipes.

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
Thanks for saying how to get them. Might need to farm them as I hardly have any of the fall DIYs despite shooting a lot of balloons. Wish there were more avenues to get the recipes.
Yeah, it stinks. Especially because the chance of getting a DIY from a balloon seems so low as it is. I did get three spooky furniture DIYs in a row last night but I'm gonna assume that was a miracle because I haven't got a single one since. Lol.

TheIdiot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have two "events" going on (cherry blossoms + Halloween) and in the past 2 hours hit 4 flying balloons... Not one of them gave me a themed item/DIY.

It's always nice getting dish drying racks and barrels 6 months into the game!

Kamala

Sep 22, 2019
Keep in mind neighbors can craft them too(the halloween ones anyway)! So you'll want to be checking houses again.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
I like that the villagers comment on your changed of appearance. I gave my character red eyes, because all my avatar characters have red eyes, and I got several comments about it.

Anbec

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Is there something different for the balloons spawn rate? I have been waiting for more than 5 minutes and they don't appear yet...

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Is there something different for the balloons spawn rate? I have been waiting for more than 5 minutes and they don't appear yet...

No, nothing changed about the balloon spawn rate.
Sometimes balloons just don't spawn, and with the addition of diving, the distance between the island's boundaries where balloons spawns and the shore also has been increased, which means that they take a minute or so longer than they used to before the diving update.

Mocha

Dec 9, 2017
I notice playing handheld mode my decoration outside don't have pop-ins anymore after this update. It's so much better now, definitely the best update.

Barn

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
my.nintendo has animal crossing physical rewards. they cost a lot of platinum points. i wish i had enough to get that damn dodo airlines bag!

IHKIvFa.jpeg

Hooooooly shit, I can use platinum coins on something. I just got that dope-ass bandana. For years, the only thing they've been good for is expiring. Thanks.

So, when do the fall colors appear? I've been saddened three times -- first there was the update on the Animal Crossing Switch newsfeed that said it was the first day of fall so I expected it then, then I expected it yesterday (when they marketed the fall update), then I expected it today (when the fall update actually happened). It's 105 degrees in L.A., I need it to be fall in Animal Crossing, please.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
That's cool. So if you talk to one of your villager's who's making a DIY and it's something you already have, instead of just giving you the dupe card they give you a piece of candy instead.

Is there any reason to give out candy before Halloween or should I just hoard them all until the 31st?

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kind of weird that there are no holiday based nook miles goals, I didn't notice it with Bunny Day for some reason. You'd think they would have one for experiencing all 5 main holidays.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Kind of weird that there are no holiday based nook miles goals, I didn't notice it with Bunny Day for some reason. You'd think they would have one for experiencing all 5 main holidays.
I was surprised there weren't any for planting pumpkins, since it's farming and part of the "base game" now

maybe when farming gets expanded, pumpkin farming will start counting towards some kind of farming Nook Mile goal

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
Hooooooly shit, I can use platinum coins on something. I just got that dope-ass bandana. For years, the only thing they've been good for is expiring. Thanks.

So, when do the fall colors appear? I've been saddened three times -- first there was the update on the Animal Crossing Switch newsfeed that said it was the first day of fall so I expected it then, then I expected it yesterday (when they marketed the fall update), then I expected it today (when the fall update actually happened). It's 105 degrees in L.A., I need it to be fall in Animal Crossing, please.
Leaves start falling mid November. That's around when things get orange too. I time traveled to find the answer to this question and even late October is still not very fall like, tbh. It's gradual though. It won't be a sudden change to orange.

Status
Not open for further replies.