• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

someday

Oct 25, 2017
How did you get 10 blue roses? I have been trying to grow them for literally months and never got one.
I didn't really care about growing them myself and got 5 from someone on reddit for free. They grow like weeds afterwards (like all flowers). It's how I got purple hyacinths, and blue windflowers that eventually turned purple.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, so my Purple is probably wrong. I think I will replaced the purple with the next generation and go from there.
There's a way to test your purples to make sure they're the right type. Plant them in pairs of 1 purple + 1 seed yellow (that is, a yellow rose that came from a seed, and not via other flowers). If you get another yellow, then it's good. If you get a white, it's bad. Keep in mind, the good ones can make yellow and white, so don't toss them unless you're still getting only whites after 3-4 offspring.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
There's a way to test your purples to make sure they're the right type. Plant them in pairs of 1 purple + 1 seed yellow (that is, a yellow rose that came from a seed, and not via other flowers). If you get another yellow, then it's good. If you get a white, it's bad. Keep in mind, the good ones can make yellow and white, so don't toss them unless you're still getting only whites after 3-4 offspring.

Yeah, I can tell you that my purples are bad because I never get Yellow from them. Just white and more purple. How do I fixed that?

MoogleWizard

Oct 27, 2017
Cute update, though a certain pigeon is still missing... I kind of regret letting Lucky go now, he would have been perfect for Halloween.

The pumpkins give a first look at farming, I guess? Seems to work basically like growing flowers. I wonder how many types of veggies we'll get. I need a bigger island!

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
the other day i was going to respond with something essentially saying how I didnt think that was likely. lol. but, you were right. im at least getting some pumpkins to put around. i do wish there were more general "fall" items too though.
Looks like a lot of the "fall" items (like the mushroom stuff, tree's bounty series etc) is getting saved for November.

Oh, and now I can welcome everyone to the amiibo card trading thread that I made in February before the world descended into chaos!

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Can wait to have a cooking update in November to make feasts for all my animals! Can't wait to farm some veggies!

Nov 25, 2019
Looking at the trailer, there's lot of new things coming... I can see:

*Halloween arch (glows)
*Stack of three jack o' lantern (glows)
*Stand-alone jack o' lantern (glows)
*Big jack o' lantern with small one (faces can change through customisation, glows)
*Jack' o lantern hanging from a branch (moves with the wind, faces can change through customisation, glows)
*A pumpkin stool
*Pumpkin scarecrow
*An iron fence with a pumpkin design
*New clothes, including horns, bat wings and a Jack mask
*Two new reactions (Haunt and Scare)
*4 kinds of pumpkins to grow (white/green/yellow/orange)
*A "Halloween picnic set"
*Body paint (Blue/white/green/purple)
*New eye colors
*Candy (and lollipops? according to the site)

The pumpkin stool gives me hope about more things like a table or a clock. I wonder how the different pumpkin colors are incorporated into the crafting mechanic- will they be like flowers where different colors are used for different recipes or are they just an aesthetic touch?

Oh and there's also a hay stool, which doesn't exist yet. Is this a new DIY not related to pumpkins/Halloween or the new white fence?

Last edited:

FerrisBueller

Jul 15, 2018
UK
I really wish the overall light at night was a bit cozier, like if there was a slightly orange/yellow glow from the moon or something that surrounded the island. It's far too blue/green overall for me when it gets dark, it feels too "cold".

Maybe I just need to put shit loads of campfires and tiki torches around the place.

MoogleWizard

Oct 27, 2017
I have been playing a lot less, and it seems the game is punishing me - I haven't had a single campsite visitor this month. Not one since August! And my two newest villagers that I invited last month still haven't given me their photos.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
I have been playing a lot less, and it seems the game is punishing me - I haven't had a single campsite visitor this month. Not one since August! And my two newest villagers that I invited last month still haven't given me their photos.
It look me ages to get Egbert's picture and he was one of my first five villagers. Unlike Agnes and Maggie, who gave me theirs pretty quickly.

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
Hi everyone! I just started the game, it's my first time playing AC for real. I'm really enjoying it but I'm still on day 4, I wonder if I should start messing with online interactions or should focus on improving my island first?

I really want to get online to at least get every fruit, but I'm afraid getting items from other players this early could end up hindering my experience, what do you think?

Also, how does online actually work? Do both players have to be online at the same time, or can I visit an island whenever as long as I have the code?

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Hi everyone! I just started the game, it's my first time playing AC for real. I'm really enjoying it but I'm still on day 4, I wonder if I should start messing with online interactions or should focus on improving my island first?

I really want to get online to at least get every fruit, but I'm afraid getting items from other players this early could end up hindering my experience, what do you think?

Also, how does online actually work? Do both players have to be online at the same time, or can I visit an island whenever as long as I have the code?
If you want to play with people, you need to visit when they are on as well. If you just want to see their island, you can enter their dream address in the dream suite by sleeping on your bed.

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
i missed july and august i haven't played since june, can i just turn the clock to july, catch everything, turn it to august catch everything and do september in real time now?

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
i missed july and august i haven't played since june, can i just turn the clock to july, catch everything, turn it to august catch everything and do september in real time now?
Yes
I'm afraid getting items from other players this early could end up hindering my experience, what do you think?
I do agree that you should be careful with getting TOO much from others. That said, you only get 2 native fruits and flowers, so buying seeds at other shops and getting fruit is totally fine. Also buying variant furniture colors since waiting for Redd to deliver them all is unreasonable. And art. Art is fine to collect outside.

youwei

Jun 3, 2019

sauce
www.facebook.com

任天堂(香港)有限公司

很快就到中秋節!前陣子任天堂香港在官方「我的設計」發布了 「月餅帽子」,連接網路就可以在裁縫屋下載使用 ,請務必試試看喔。 ※下載「我的設計」時,需要連接網路並加入Nintendo Switch Online (付 費)(僅限可對應Nintendo eShop的地區) #動物森友會 #中秋節

official pro designs from Nintendo HK

Last edited:

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
Yes

I do agree that you should be careful with getting TOO much from others. That said, you only get 2 native fruits and flowers, so buying seeds at other shops and getting fruit is totally fine. Also buying variant furniture colors since waiting for Redd to deliver them all is unreasonable. And art. Art is fine to collect outside.

Yes, that sounds reasonable. Thanks!

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Today is my birthday and the first time I have played Animal Crossing. To my surprised, my best friend is Sherb. Thought it would be Deirdre (although she's at my party) since I spoiled her since she refused to give me her picture for over two months despite being one of my first villagers. I am also surprised that the third friend is Blanche. She is literally the last villager to come to my island and a replacement villager at that.

But I am happy it is Sherb. Love that blue goat and he's never leaving my island despite being stuck in his starter house.

Aug 14, 2020
wait.. what... I've been playing since release and this is the first time I've heard that the villagers give you photos!? Why has no one given me a photo yet? I talk to them all the time. They hate me. :(

Oct 28, 2017
wait.. what... I've been playing since release and this is the first time I've heard that the villagers give you photos!? Why has no one given me a photo yet? I talk to them all the time. They hate me. :(
You have to give them presents to get a photo in return. Depending in the monetary value of the item you give them, they have a chance to give you back bells or an item. I've been using non-native, non-coconut fruit. Grab two, make a stack of two, wrap it, gift. Even at the highest friendship values, it is still random whether they will give you a photo or not, just keep at it every day.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
You have to give them presents to get a photo in return. Depending in the monetary value of the item you give them, they have a chance to give you back bells or an item. I've been using non-native, non-coconut fruit. Grab two, make a stack of two, wrap it, gift. Even at the highest friendship values, it is still random whether they will give you a photo or not, just keep at it every day.

You can also give them fossils you dig up.

Aug 14, 2020
Ah I see. I've rarely been giving gifts unless it's something I think would suit them. I'll start doing this now, thanks for the tip!

Oct 28, 2017
Ah I see. I've rarely been giving gifts unless it's something I think would suit them. I'll start doing this now, thanks for the tip!
The benefits of using two wrapped non-native, non-coconut fruit this way are that it is easy to get it, the fruit has a consistent value so you always get a return item instead of bells, and fruit doesn't mess up their home furnishings or their wardrobes. You can give them other stuff too, obviously. I hope you start getting villager photos soon!

Aug 14, 2020
The benefits of using two wrapped non-native, non-coconut fruit this way are that it is easy to get it, the fruit has a consistent value so you always get a return item instead of bells, and fruit doesn't mess up their home furnishings or their wardrobes. You can give them other stuff too, obviously. I hope you start getting villager photos soon!
That makes sense. I'm going to play now and give Roald some wrapped up oranges (my native fruit is peaches). It's just so crazy to me that I never even knew villagers had friendship values, or gave photos.. and I've been playing it for so long.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
I really hate how cold and "gamey" the gift giving system is

Like the best birthday gift isn't anything unique you can think of that the neighbor would enjoy or anything. It's just fruit...

Oct 27, 2017
Newnan, GA
So I decided to give this a try today and the first villager I gave 2 wrapped cherries to gave me their photo. Thanks for the suggestion!

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
I really hate how cold and "gamey" the gift giving system is

Like the best birthday gift isn't anything unique you can think of that the neighbor would enjoy or anything. It's just fruit...
Actually some of the higher point items *are* things the villager would enjoy. You get bonus points for gifting them the music they have playing in their house, giving them an item thats a color they like, or pertains to their two favorite activities.

Its just that wrapped fruit happens to hit all the buttons and is far easier to do than craft an item, hunt for a specific thing.
It probably also doesn't help that often times villagers will put the item you give them down in a dumb spot in their house or wear a stupid piece of clothing that looks weird on them.

What they *should* add and I think i may have mentioned in this thread before is having HHA as a visitable island/location like Harvey (or another character who can appear in town). Have Lyle and Lottie in there and you can do Happy Home Designer styled things where you can decorate model homes for random villagers (through your amiibo cards or randomly who are visiting the island too) which would provide another opportunity to get villagers to come to your town OR allow you to get new DIYs or items). Maybe once you do a certain number of them you can redecorate your own villagers houses which would allow you to fix them putting things in weird spots AND fix villagers who have their starter homes.

Hell, you could even throw Gracie on there too and have her redo villagers wardrobes.

Kangi

Profile Styler
Oct 25, 2017
This creampuff needs no additional fanfare, but here's a birthday post for him regardless

EjG3P0ZUwAA1dmG

EjG3P0HUMAAuQQp

Status
Not open for further replies.