• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
Just wondering, are there 9 or 11 seasonal DIY recipes to collect in September for Northern Hemisphere players? Getting conflicting information, particularly on Tree's Bounty Arch and Tree's Bounty Big Tree.

official guide says 11 for the acorn / pine cone recipes. it lasts from september to december 10 though so you have time.
BUT the guide also lists the big tree and arch recipes under the maple leaf section too (oct 1 - 10 for recipe collection) as they require maple leaves to make.
maybe you can get those two recipes during the entire season? its not clear. lol.

Last edited:

Lady Catherine de Bourgh

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
official guide says 11 for the acorn / pine cone recipes. it lasts from september to december 10 though so you have time.
BUT the guide also lists the big tree and arch recipes under the maple leaf section too (oct 1 - 10 for recipe collection) as they require maple leaves to make.
maybe you can get those two recipes during the entire season? its not clear. lol.

I play daily since launch but always seem to have trouble getting all the seasonal recipes.

Chopper

Oct 25, 2017
Is anyone here playing in the Southern Hemisphere? I'd love to visit and do a bit of fishing if so...

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Oh wtf. I was on here ALL day yesterday and didn't see shit about a Nintendo Direct. Wtf?

It got shadow dropped earlier today.

wonder if the Mario stuff will end New Horizon content updates, or if they'll keep going past a year

I want to decorate my town with Piranha Plants right now though... I probably won't care as much next years...

Since it's coming in March, the Mario items might open up the anniversary celebrations or something.
Anyway, they did say they were going to keep updating the game for a few years, didn't they? And that was before the game launched and was a HUGE success. I can see this game being supported for at least 2-3 years, if not longer.

Woylie

May 9, 2018
I think adding the Mario stuff in this way is actually kind of interesting. I could see them adding items from other franchises as they go, sort of like how Tetris 99 continually adds themes based on new releases. They could add the Zelda items (and maybe villagers) when BOTW2 or WWHD + TPHD release on Switch, Pikmin items sometime around Pikmin 3's launch, the Metroid stuff when Metroid Prime Trilogy eventually comes out, etc. - and then maybe just have an update later on that adds in some of the other crossover items that aren't associated with new releases, like the Splatoon items and the Arwing if there isn't a Star Fox game on Switch.

I'm also interested to see if it's just the old items that we've had in previous games or if they'll be adding new ones based on Odyssey and other newer Mario games.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
wonder how the Mario items will be distributed

Will they invent some new NPC to give them to you? Or like... space man Gulliver?

Be fun to have a blooper like squid visit sometimes and have you do some random thing to get Mario items

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Oo wachu want for them man? I'm down to link if you want to
Okay, so I have 17 rusted parts. I thought I had a few more than that. Anyway, there are certain things I'm on the lookout for.
  • Acorns
  • Pine cones
  • Cherry-blossom petals
  • Cherry-blossom DIY
  • NMTs
  • Real art (except in the case of statues, some fakes are okay too.)

Oct 28, 2017
Just wondering, are there 9 or 11 seasonal DIY recipes to collect in September for Northern Hemisphere players? Getting conflicting information, particularly on Tree's Bounty Arch and Tree's Bounty Big Tree.

You can get any recipes that only contain the special ingredients "acorn" or "pine cone" now.
You can get any recipes with various mushrooms as ingredients during November.
You can only get recipes that contain the special ingredient "maple leaf" during the ten days of maple leaves being available in November.
Here's a link of which item recipes require maple leaves: https://villagerdb.com/item/maple-leaf
Two recipes are given by Isabelle's morning announcement, the Tree's Bounty Little Tree (start of fall) and Red Leaf Pile (start of maple leaves).

All of these recipes are brought via balloon and they're very annoying to get all of them plus catching hundreds of leaves and shaking trees thousands of times to get an adequate amount of acorns and pine cones is ridiculously time consuming. The drop rate for acorns and pine cones is ridiculously low all throughout the season, do not put it off in the hopes that the drop rate will increase as the fall coloration becomes more prominent. The drop rate is very low and never improves.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Guliver came today. Last day I need to strand him to get my rusted parts for the Giant Robot.

NotSelf

Oct 26, 2017
Redd has a flowery painting if anyone wants it just DM me for the code

Gate closed

Last edited:

NotSelf

Oct 26, 2017
My current roster of villagers I went completely random I was going to keep two of my old villagers but I'm more interested in getting new photos. I got some from the campsite and some from island tours I didn't like any of the villagers initially but there starting to grow on me.

Also you save so many NMT going this route.

EhC4rVIXkAECyyW

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Anyone have the diy cherry blossom bonsai? I can provide the materials. I'd like 2, if possible.

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So, Hopper sent me a letter with a gift, he says it's an item that made him think of me, that it looks like me.

I open it and it's a fucking trash bin!

Hopper was next to my house right after that and asked to leave, well, I won't miss you!

Last edited:

magimix

Dec 9, 2018
So, Hopper sent me a letter with a gift, he says it's an item that made me think of me, that it looks like me.

I open it and it's a fucking trash bin!

Hopper was next to my house right after that and asked to leave, well, I won't miss you!

Hah! I while back Savannah said something similar, and then gave me a Squat Toilet. Bit of an eye-popping moment.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
If you still need this, I can stop by and make as many as you need. Wanna shoot me a dodo code?

Edit: off of the game now.
Damn, I posted as I was going to bed. Still looking for a helpful crafter.

Also anyone have a spare pair of purple windflowers or know how to get them? I've been trying for longer than it took me to get blue roses at this point and fear I've goofed somewhere in the process?

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, I posted as I was going to bed. Still looking for a helpful crafter.

Also anyone have a spare pair of purple windflowers or know how to get them? I've been trying for longer than it took me to get blue roses at this point and fear I've goofed somewhere in the process?
If you end up not having anyone to help by 4pm est, i can pop on to fly over and make them for you.

LakeShore

Oct 28, 2017
I was genuinely on the cusp of getting on discord and stumping up 4-5m bells for the motherly statue. Then there was Redd, apprehensive I went to check what he had. And there it was, a Motherly statue. I've been caught out before (4 fakes in possession) but I bought this one.

excited I time travelled to tomorrow (boooo) went to see Blathers.

This right here and playing Tony Hawks remaster has officially made this the best weekend of 2020.

Nov 25, 2019
I was genuinely on the cusp of getting on discord and stumping up 4-5m bells for the motherly statue. Then there was Redd, apprehensive I went to check what he had. And there it was, a Motherly statue. I've been caught out before (4 fakes in possession) but I bought this one.

excited I time travelled to tomorrow (boooo) went to see Blathers.

This right here and playing Tony Hawks remaster has officially made this the best weekend of 2020.

Congratulations!

Mah man Antonio sent a real Robust Statue to my mother the other day. Both jocks have sent us real statues, I love them. Hope they keep sending even more.

NotSelf

Oct 26, 2017
Buzz is the first villager I had that has two trash bins in his house so convenient every villager should have at least one.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Almost forgot to mention, I'm gonna have Dom in boxes tomorrow if anyone has an empty plot and was looking for him.

Oct 25, 2017
My island will be open for a little while, have a forecasted Meteor Shower and Celeste on the island.

Edit: Closed for the night.

Last edited:

wiiucollector

Aug 5, 2018
Germany
I have a forest them all throughout my island.

Awesome, thanks. I really need to find room for that pathway's design spots.

If anyone needs DIY codes for wands, I have these spare:

Bunny
Cosmos
Golden
Hyacinth X4
Ice X2
Mums X2
Windflower

Some others:

Coloured leaves flooring
Galaxy flooring
Tiny library
Tree's bounty big tree

DODO: J4TFQ

To get recipes, just go right and follow the grey stone path up.

Lady Catherine de Bourgh

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Yes! pathdesign by De MA-6647-9230-4716.
Time to welcome a new villager. After June moving out I really wanted a cranky or sisterly villager. Well about 100k nmt's later we will be welcoming Rizzo the mouse thief. Not one we anticipated up front, but when he showed up after a vast parade of cute normal and peppy villagers, I was happy to see him. Also I saw that his house will be perfect for my slightly under developed bamboo area.

Status
Not open for further replies.