• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Once you get the ability to replace villagers, they will always have the correct interior. And villagers 6-10 will have the correct interiors.
Ok so it's possible to get all 10 villagers have their correct interiors even if i don't replace the first few guys with themselves

Guess that means I'm not gonna get attached to the first 6 ones:/

Such a weird decision

Jan 2, 2018
Massachusetts
I read that even with buying their cards (which I'm not gonna do anyway, don't wanna spend any real cash) doesn't guarantee them moving in.

Anyway Nookazon sounds hilarious but also helpful so I'll check that out. Are Roald and Bob rare/expensive?
There's also a 3rd way that doesn't get talked about much since it's not exactly a reliable method, but if you talk to any villager that lives on someone else's island while you're visiting, the game keeps track. If that player then gets rid of that villager, the game will still remember that the villager met you. Then, if you happen to have a vacant lot, that villager will move in on their own after a while and be all "hey! it's me from before! remember?".

Only issue with this is if other people talked to that villager and they have an empty lot first, the villager might go to them instead. Also, the game keeps track of all the villagers you talked to on other islands, so if you talk to a lot of villagers, you might end up with someone you don't want. I got Freya (a cool pink wolf) from my friend's island before we knew this was a thing, and incidentally, he ended up with two villagers of mine that I hated and got rid of.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Ok so it's possible to get all 10 villagers have their correct interiors even if i don't replace the first few guys with themselves

Guess that means I'm not gonna get attached to the first 6 ones:/

Such a weird decision
There were a number of design decisions that should have been obvious which Nintendo seemed completely oblivious to. Like cloud saves. They finally added a backup option, but they're so terrified of people save scumming that they don't allow you to just do a regular cloud save.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
There were a number of design decisions that should have been obvious which Nintendo seemed completely oblivious to. Like cloud saves. They finally added a backup option, but they're so terrified of people save scumming that they don't allow you to just do a regular cloud save.
It's not too late to update them too

And yeah lol I was reading Tom Nook's explanation of the backup save and it was so bizarre

Also thankfully my switch isn't shared but the option to not have multiple islands on one switch must be super frustrating for those that do share a console

Lady Catherine de Bourgh

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
It's not too late to update them too

And yeah lol I was reading Tom Nook's explanation of the backup save and it was so bizarre

Also thankfully my switch isn't shared but the option to not have multiple islands on one switch must be super frustrating for those that do share a console
It depends on who you share your island with. I share the island with my daughter and a lot of our dinner time conversations revolve around our island, how we want to develop it, witch villagers we want etc. It's a lot of fun really. I'm pulling a little more weight than she does, but that is fine for the both of us.

Oct 30, 2017
They should put up quests to develop the starting villagers houses like the ones they did for the next three. Maybe they did but ruined the pacing or feel of the tutorial. But from what I hear about Nintendo, they don't really like being told what to do. So hoping for fixes is useless even moreso with the humongous success they are having

Deleted member 37151

Account closed at user request
Banned
Jan 1, 2018
Oh my god. I didn't realise how custom patterns work.

I spent days putting together a gym with custom flooring and all the correct furniture.

Well today I decided to make my path edges look nice. I thought I had no more need for the gym floor design so I overrode it with the path edging.

Now my gym is tiled with path edges! I didn't realise that if you have a design saved in slot 1, when you override slot 1, the design on the floor changes !

magimix

Dec 9, 2018
You can probably leave everything exactly as is and just toss a few lucky items in and you should be good.

Aye, hopefully I'll get it at the next evaluation. What got me almost there (I think) was that I decided I wanted an all-gold room. I'm not all the way there yet, but I had enough gold to make flooring, walls, and bench. And then I placed some pre-existing gold items in there as well. This morning had a bit of a re-org, and stuck another gold item in there. Fingers crossed!

Once I *get* the gold HHA rating, I want to have some fun exploring gimmicky themed rooms for basically the whole house apart from my main room, and bedroom. It'll also free up a bunch of stuff that I want to start using for installations outside (for example, an arcade-game leasure area).

Edit: Just hit 300 hours, too. For a game that was a 'spculative purchase' (never played an AC game before), it has been one of the more successful for me.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Trying to get iron nuggets but all the stones on my island are depleted for now and the lil raccoon and nook shop aren't selling any

Do I just have to wait for the stones to replenish? How long does that take? 24 hours?

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
I have better luck with cicada shells (3) then walking sticks (0).
The Walking Sticks are pretty challenging to catch since they fade in and out and you can easily miss them, especially on cedar trees. Also, they are limited to certain hours in a day 5pm-7pm and 4am-8am.

Thankfully, November is the last month to catch them and they are much easier to spot in palm trees.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Maggie gave me her photo today. She is a permanent villager for me while I am still struggling to get Egbert's photo. It is like he knows he is getting kicked out the second he hands it over.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
The most annoying thing in this game for me is trying to place anything outdoors since there's no way to hold the button down and drag something exactly where you want it. Planting flowers was an exercise in frustration.

Lady Catherine de Bourgh

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Walking Sticks have two specific time frames when they are available, and are also difficult to see. The one I caught, I didn't actually 100% for sure know it was there and just swung my net.
I have been in hyper alert skulking mode to catch these buggers for a week now. And every time I see some bug fluttering off I get this paranoid feeling that that bug was the walking stick I missed.
I actually had walking sticks as a kid and took good care of them to and this is how they repay me...pff.

Vault Boy

Nov 2, 2017
Once I stopped purposefully looking for cicada shells, I started finding them every now and then while roaming around doing other things. I've found 5 so far - one went to the museum, 3 went to Flick for a model, and I have 1 left over. I might order another model if I run across 2 more.

I've only found 2 walking sticks, but one of those was just by chance as well. It helps to have plenty of trees spread out over most/all parts of your island, of course.

In other news, I had a villager ask to move out so yesterday I had an actual empty plot on my island for the first time in a long time. Since I have all of the amiibo cards for the villagers I want, I decided to try the NMT method to see if I could run across any of the new villagers that don't have amiibos (specifically Sherb or Dom). 35 NMT later with not one desirable resident in sight, I gave up and just used the Lucky amiibo I'd been holding onto for quite some time. Welcome, Lucky! You get to stay until at least Halloween.

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
I have been in hyper alert skulking mode to catch these buggers for a week now. And every time I see some bug fluttering off I get this paranoid feeling that that bug was the walking stick I missed.
I actually had walking sticks as a kid and took good care of them to and this is how they repay me...pff.
Walking Sticks don't flutter away when they see you. They fade out completely.

How long do the fireworks go on for?
7pm-Midnight.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
How do I get the Nook miles that cycle to give me double miles again?

Oct 30, 2017
Anyone know if the outdoor furniture you get for the second set of villagers are still required after you get them? Do I lose friendship points if I remove them from near their house?

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Yep, that's the start of the new day ingame.
They're endless though, even if you can't get anymore double point ones, you can keep doing them forever I think. Or at least until you go crazy.
Yeah I figured that's the only way to farm nook miles once you complete the normal challenges?

Linius

Apr 2, 2020
It is. But trust me, it's plenty. I've always had more miles than I wanted to spend them. Unless you plan on buying stuff on Nookazon, then you'll never have enough NMT. But that's a different story.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
It is. But trust me, it's plenty. I've always had more miles than I wanted to spend them. Unless you plan on buying stuff on Nookazon, then you'll never have enough NMT. But that's a different story.
Ah ok

Also does putting bells in saving actually do anything? Do they accrue interest?

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
You do get interest. But it's a really small amount. Probably to make sure TT'ers can't get stupid rich from interest.
Makes sense, wouldn't TT also kinda break the online market in general though?

Like I have no problem if someone wants to TT, just curious

Linius

Apr 2, 2020
TT'ers are totally fine in my book. Just a different way to play the game. Ultimately TT'ers can get a hold of rare items easier. But that's also the reason why so many rare items are in circulation in marketplaces etc. It's dupers that break the economy by being able to have an insane amount of rare items without putting in the work. TT'ers still have to put in a lot of hours to collect art for example. Since it's aways random what Redd will bring. Or the items from Gulliver/Gullivarrr for example. The Era discord is probably the prime example of how TT'ers can help out others with the museum for example.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
TT'ers are totally fine in my book. Just a different way to play the game. Ultimately TT'ers can get a hold of rare items easier. But that's also the reason why so many rare items are in circulation in marketplaces etc. It's dupers that break the economy by being able to have an insane amount of rare items without putting in the work. TT'ers still have to put in a lot of hours to collect art for example. Since it's aways random what Redd will bring. Or the items from Gulliver/Gullivarrr for example. The Era discord is probably the prime example of how TT'ers can help out others with the museum for example.
Oh ok that's good. Shame about duping, will that ever be fixed or no

Lark

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I'm not sure whether this is the right place to ask, but I'm looking to acquire two or three oranges. Would anyone here be willing to assist? I can offer any of the other fruit, various DIY recipes, bells, or Nook Miles tickets.

EDIT: Oranges acquired!

Last edited:

Layell

One Winged Slayer
Apr 16, 2018
Got this game finally, enjoying it a bit. Hope people will be open to play still.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure whether this is the right place to ask, but I'm looking to acquire two or three oranges. Would anyone here be willing to assist? I can offer any of the other fruit, various DIY recipes, bells, or Nook Miles tickets.
I'll be free in a little bit if you wanna come over and grab some. I have fruit trees of all types.

Status
Not open for further replies.