• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I totally forgot that I have Redd today.
He has real common and sinking paintings, and fake jolly and graceful paintings (the latter is haunted). He also has a black diner chair and one of the protein shakers, I think it's the plain one.

Anyone interested?

NotSelf

Oct 26, 2017
It's still possible that they will surprises us with a furniture Luna set regardless I'm happy with the update looking forward to seeing your islands.

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
After 4 months I finally decided to decorate the living room, instead of just using it as a storage warehouse.

EeCS1e6UcAILOLQ.jpg

I totally forgot that I have Redd today.
He has real common and sinking paintings, and fake jolly and graceful paintings (the latter is haunted). He also has a black diner chair and one of the protein shakers, I think it's the plain one.

Anyone interested?

I wouldn't mind grabbing the sinking painting, if it's still available.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
isn't there a bug off in August?

Wonder when KK's weekend concert will be if fireworks are sunday and the bug off is saturday. Friday, I guess? Oh boy one less visitor that week

Which, if KK is on Friday, you will get in the week after. Remember that there's 9 visitors for 10 slots. You're gonna miss out on one duplicate visitor in that span of 2 weeks.

After 4 months I finally decided to decorate the living room, instead of just using it as a storage warehouse.

EeCS1e6UcAILOLQ.jpg

I wouldn't mind grabbing the sinking painting, if it's still available.

Course, gonna PM you the Dodo code once I have opened the gates.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone happen to have a single pearl to trade? I just need one more to be able to craft the rest of the Mermaid furniture.

Last edited:

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
just spent an hour and a half cleaning out all the messy meadows of flowers that took over my entire island due to never bothering to clean up after every rainy day

...that was tedious

...it took 5 shovels

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
just spent an hour and a half cleaning out all the messy meadows of flowers that took over my entire island due to never bothering to clean up after every rainy day

...that was tedious

...it took 5 shovels
I've been there. At some point I stopped convincing myself it would all be fine and I wouldn't have to manually re-place all the flowers and trees on the island. But I ended up doing it anyway. And then I did a huge rennovation on a large portion of my island, which has now reached its final form.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
The new update seems kinda light. Fireworks are neat, but there are just a few new items to go along with it?

Dreams are certainly neat, but I would've found it way more useful if I was still looking for inspiration to develop parts of my island. I'd be cool to see what my friend's islands look like these days, though.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone happen to have a Floral Rush-mat flooring from Saharah that they don't need? A friend saw it in Coco's house and I wanna get it for her.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
oh, just realized all this flower cleanup means my fossils will be harder to find

it had gotten so bad that there were only specific acres where fossils would even spawn because there were so many flowers choking out a third of my island

NotSelf

Oct 26, 2017
I like how they put a trash can right next to Redd's display stand I actually have a trash can right next to that spot. Your probably going to be trashing alot of items during the fireworks event if not I think it's a weird aesthetic to go with.

Oct 30, 2017
First time to try the AC Stalk Market today by trading my turnips in a strangers nook shop. Its quite profitable. converted my 100k to 400k. I wonder if Nintendo foresaw this. Makes it real easy to just buy your way thru.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
First time to try the AC Stalk Market today by trading my turnips in a strangers nook shop. Its quite profitable. converted my 100k to 400k. I wonder if Nintendo foresaw this. Makes it real easy to just buy your way thru.
The same could be done in New Leaf and both games have badges/stamps for making so much from the market so Nintendo knows people can make millions from it.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
Not to brag... but this was my haul from this Sunday. I've done this almost every weekend. I'm not sure Nintendo quite foresaw the extent at which people would leverage social media and other websites to sell their turnips and other things online.

Oct 30, 2017
The same could be done in New Leaf and both games have badges/stamps for making so much from the market so Nintendo knows people can make millions from it.

Not to brag... but this was my haul from this Sunday. I've done this almost every weekend. I'm not sure Nintendo quite foresaw the extent at which people would leverage social media and other websites to sell their turnips and other things online.

Nice! I only had 120k at the time so I only invested 100k into the turnips

It's good to know that I wont be worried about the pricing of moving houses and bridges/inclines later in the game with this going on. I kept hearing people being irritated by earning 50-100k a day just to move a house.

On another note, is it possible to get a second house in my current game and theme it as a shop or anything else? Will I need to pay the house loans again to get it to the same size?

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
On another note, is it possible to get a second house in my current game and theme it as a shop or anything else? Will I need to pay the house loans again to get it to the same size?
Open up the game with a different Switch profile and you can make another character who will have their own house that needs to be upgraded.

Oct 26, 2017
I am so sick of Redd's only genuine piece being the wistful painting. SERIOUSLY. I swear it's happened to me five or six times now. He's too rare to have his visits constantly wasted like this. Ugh.

BTW, does anyone need a wistful painting, by chance? XD

LakeShore

Oct 28, 2017
So when Redd showed up last week, I time travelled to try fill the museum up more. I'm now down to needing 3 works of art to complete, but these 3 just did not seem to cycle round at all.

Would anyone here happen to have any of the final 3 I need for sale? I did look on Nookazon, but are the prices there really what people expect to receive for the art?

The 3 remaining I need are: Great Statue, Motherly Statue & Tremendous Statue.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
So when Redd showed up last week, I time travelled to try fill the museum up more. I'm now down to needing 3 works of art to complete, but these 3 just did not seem to cycle round at all.

Would anyone here happen to have any of the final 3 I need for sale? I did look on Nookazon, but are the prices there really what people expect to receive for the art?

The 3 remaining I need are: Great Statue, Motherly Statue & Tremendous Statue.
Yes they're pretty dang rare. The prices are what people are willing to pay. I bought my last art piece there myself, well worth it.

GlakeGG

Sep 1, 2018
Minnesota
It's still possible that they will surprises us with a furniture Luna set regardless I'm happy with the update looking forward to seeing your islands.
Would be super dope if we happened to get a new set added into this update somehow. I'm trying to think of any of the older sets they could add in that would correlate with a "dream" theme, but honestly if we were to get one it would probably be an original set. Doesn't look like we're getting anything, though.

I'm curious to see what the prizes for Redd's Raffle are.

I believe they are the bubble wand, balloons, and party blower. Might be a couple more.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Looking at a walk around of an AC GCN map, I forgot just how common those wood... dirt... sand things were. They make up a lot of the map, and while they won't be that common on my island, I guess I should be more liberal with them

Wish we had the ground covering bushes from that game, since that's not really something you can clearly do with floor textures

Common Knowledge

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have a stone-lion dog recipe or crest doorplate recipe you'd be willing to trade for something? Been looking for the stone-lion dog one forever in particular.

Status
Not open for further replies.