• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If the rumoured July 20 Direct is happening, then I imagine that would be a likely opportunity, other than that I figure between the either 24th or the 27th seems like a likely result.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Oh dear god I just realised looking at my critterpedia that I sold my red king crab rather than donating it. fuck fuck fuck
I always make sure to drop everything and go donate when I get something new. The one time I sold something before donating, it thankfully wasn't anything rare. To this day, I've only seen one Vampire Squid, so I'm happy I donated that.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Whenever I catch something new, since the museum is right by the shop, I always make sure to first empty out the new critters in front of the museum and then go sell shit.

Vault Boy

Nov 2, 2017
At least you have those out of the pool now.
Wouldn't the mermaid dresses be better inside the pool?

Sorry.

I'm the same way... One day I spent about 2 hours swimming around to get a scallop, and I never found one. Also, the past 5 times I've gotten a scallop, he's only given me a pearl, no DIY, and that's usually after 10 minutes of swimming around. Waste of time.

Yeah but you're missing out on a whole lot of wisdom, maaan.

ev0

Oct 25, 2017
i fished out 52 creatures before Pascal showed today. Madness. I got a scallop 10 dives in but he didnt show

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
I actually wish I would get more mermaid anything from Pascal as I keep getting pearls, which is nice but I can't use if I don't have a lot of diys.

In other news, in my hunt for the rare Giraffe Stag, I used a NMT and the Dodos landed on the rare Fins Island. I have to say...

...are Great Whites suppose to be the second most common finned fish next to the Suckerfish?

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So glad I turned my game on before bed. Redd is in town! He had a real Famous Painting and Moody Painting. Just grabbed Famous.

Now I have...... 4 pieces of art work. Aye aye aye!

Jan 2, 2018
Massachusetts
I actually wish I would get more mermaid anything from Pascal as I keep getting pearls, which is nice but I can't use if I don't have a lot of diys.

In other news, in my hunt for the rare Giraffe Stag, I used a NMT and the Dodos landed on the rare Fins Island.
I'd be happy to craft some of the mermaid stuff for ya if you're struggling. I've managed to pick up 9 of the 14 recipes, so I'm bound to see repeats soon and I'll speak up if/when that happens.

Side note, about the Giraffe Stag— I found they are super skittish and will fly away even at the normal "holding A with net" walk speed. If you see one, hold A and don't push the stick all the way forward, go reeeaaally slow.

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
I'd be happy to craft some of the mermaid stuff for ya if you're struggling. I've managed to pick up 9 of the 14 recipes, so I'm bound to see repeats soon and I'll speak up if/when that happens.

Side note, about the Giraffe Stag— I found they are super skittish and will fly away even at the normal "holding A with net" walk speed. If you see one, hold A and don't push the stick all the way forward, go reeeaaally slow.
Thank you for the offer, though I want to try to get the recipes on my own incase I want to craft multiples of the same item at a later date. I have all summer to do this.

As for the Giraffe Stag, I finally caught it a couple of hours ago.

My trick as soon as I saw it, was to move really slowly with the net open as they are moving and stop when they stop since that's a sign that they are about to fly away. It was similar to the "red light, green light" way of catching tarantulas and scorpions in reverse.

I don't think I have the will to catch three more of these for a model. They are the most rare and challenging bugs to catch, I've encountered so far. But at least I'm finally finished catching all of the July critters, including the deep sea ones.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
Hurrah, I finished up the entrance to my museum. Whooo. Though, now what do I do...

5KzixMd.jpg

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
I'm not convinced the Sea Pig actually exists. Literally all I do in this game now is turn it on for an hour in the evening and do a few laps of the ocean. On the bright side I'm making like 300k a night from it.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
EdNxBxoUYAQQaa2

Are they going to try and tell me that those are fish sausages and soy bacon and cashew cheese?

I thought everyone in this game was either pescetarian or vegan, this is like the first explicit reference to real meat I've seen

I guess this is what happened when I kicked Agnes off my island. Oh well!

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
EdNxBxoUYAQQaa2

Are they going to try and tell me that those are fish sausages and soy bacon and cashew cheese?

I thought everyone in this game was either pescetarian or vegan, this is like the first explicit reference to real meat I've seen

I guess this is what happened when I kicked Agnes off my island. Oh well!
This game has anthro hamsters, frogs, and octopi along with non-anthro hamsters(via hamster cage item), frogs, and octopi. It's probably safe to say that many of the villagers eat the non-anthro animals since they are not "people".

TheIdiot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone got a decent turnip price? Left it quite late to trade, had the volatile pattern but they're down to 34 bells today so need to trade somewhere else

Mine are at 94. If you don't find better than that, you're welcome to visit my town since you'll probably break even/not lose much with this price.

I'm only going to be playing for the next half hour or so, though.

NotSelf

Oct 26, 2017
Almost 5pm this walking stick better show itself today.

Cool 15 mins in and finally caught one.

EdPOmk1VcAEE_wb

Last edited:

FrakEarth

Oct 25, 2017
Liverpool, UK
Mine are at 94. If you don't find better than that, you're welcome to visit my town since you'll probably break even/not lose much with this price.

I'm only going to be playing for the next half hour or so, though.
138 on my island if you need to stop by.

Thanks for the offer guys, a friend helped me out. Didn't get much more but would have taken you up on it if I'd seen yours first!

Now to reinvest in the morning! 📈

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Would anyone happen to have the Black, Red, or Blue Laptop that I could catalog? I need one for my underground cloning lab.

Also a White office desk if possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.