• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
I actually liked how the original AC made Dobie and Sven lazy villagers instead of cranky, but it would have been silly to have Dobie be lazy in any game after the GCN, when personalities started drifting more apart and Lazy villagers started becoming manchildren

FerrisBueller

Jul 15, 2018
UK
I've kept all my original villagers so far and have felt far too guilty to let any of them go, but Rosie turned up in my campsite today and suggested Pietro as who she could replace after she went to resident services, so I just had to keep her.

Will she be moved in permanently tomorrow, or does it take a couple of days?

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
I've kept all my original villagers so far and have felt far too guilty to let any of them go, but Rosie turned up in my campsite today and suggested Pietro as who she could replace after she went to resident services, so I just had to keep her.

Tomorrow Pietro's lot will be empty, then she has a move in day where she doesn't leave her house, and then she becomes an active resident of your island the next day

magimix

Dec 9, 2018

It'll take a couple of days. Pietro will be in boxes for as day as he moves out, and then the property will be empty, awaiting Rosie moving in. I decided a while back to rotate out my first 5. Not that didn't like them (they were all sweethearts), but because I wanted every resident to have their 'proper' house.

Today Iggly is in boxes. My *first* resident. That one landed hard, you might say. I hope, while island hopping, I find someone I feel good about as a replacement!

FerrisBueller

Jul 15, 2018
UK
Tomorrow Pietro's lot will be empty, then she has a move in day where she doesn't leave her house, and then she becomes an active resident of your island the next day
It'll take a couple of days. Pietro will be in boxes for as day as he moves out, and then the property will be empty, awaiting Rosie moving in. I decided a while back to rotate out my first 5. Not that didn't like them (they were all sweethearts), but because I wanted every resident to have their 'proper' house.
Ah right cool, thanks for the info folks!

Today Iggly is in boxes. My *first* resident. That one landed hard, you might say. I hope, while island hopping, I find someone I feel good about as a replacement!
Ahh luckily I like my first ones, I could never bring myself to kick my true OGs out. Hope you find someone good!

someday

Oct 25, 2017
I finally moved out my last 2 of the original 3 villagers (Puck and Ribbot). I've had photos of both for awhile but they always avoided getting the boot. I realized that I really enjoy getting to know new villagers and changing my island/their yards to suit them. Granted, Octavian and Zucker will never leave but the door is revolving for everyone else (once I get a photo).

Vault Boy

Nov 2, 2017
I've been pretty ruthless with my island population thus far. Give me your photo and then GTFO*. But I have the advantage of owning most of the amiibo cards, so I can rotate them in and out as needed.

*Does not apply to my few select forever-villagers (Wolfgang, Marshall, Hugh, and Hans).

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
the only change I'd make now would be swapping Wendy out for Epona if they add her, but other than that, I love this lovable bunch of weirdos
EaqYq6OUwAAuYlF

Nov 25, 2019
My game had a busy night yesterday and I managed to take a photo at the best time:

107822617_3223410497726718_8704491996407363848_o.jpg

I love all of them. I'm pleased that aside from Julia, who is excercising, all of them are using clothes I gifted them.

I was rewarded today with my first golden rose!

MrBanballow

Not changing this tag
May 1, 2019
Looking around the internet for a little Amish outfit. I'm just going to wear it around villagers I want to leave, so that they know they're being properly shunned.

SpookySpice

Teyvat Traveler
Nov 22, 2019
Has anyone run into an issue with items straight vanishing? Bought a painting from Redd, took it out of the mail and it's gone.

No clue what happened but since you can't sell or gift paintings I have no idea what happened. The painting is in my catalogue and everything :(

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Has anyone run into an issue with items straight vanishing? Bought a painting from Redd, took it out of the mail and it's gone.

No clue what happened but since you can't sell or gift paintings I have no idea what happened. The painting is in my catalogue and everything :(

You can sell paintings, just not via the dropbox.

Kangi

Profile Styler
Oct 25, 2017
First time since, like... April that Wisp has given me something other than furniture. Guess I was just on a very long lucky streak.

holeung

Oct 28, 2017
Pascal gave me 4 pearls.
On the other hand, 545 dives with only 1 pearl :/
not gonna do it myself anymore with such absurd probability

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
He's a super efficient way to fill my catalogue while the shop carries the same dang items week to week

You'd think so, but he's been giving me a lot of items I already had catalogued, just didn't have in my storage, even though I still have plenty of low price furniture variants open that I never catalogued. But nope, he gave me the same damn pet food bowl thrice.
I'm not even bothering with him anymore now that I have the 20 Wisp stamp.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017

Login • Instagram

Welcome back to Instagram. Sign in to check out what your friends, family & interests have been capturing & sharing around the world.

There's an official AC instagram account now, which they'll be using to introduce all the villagers and their default homes.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
With all the bells I have saved up, I decided to finally to tear down my starter bridge, build a new brick bridge in its place, and then do the same to my second bridge because it is off by a space. And speaking of Wisp, I just got the 20 visit stamp from him.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
With all the bells I have saved up, I decided to finally to tear down my starter bridge, build a new brick bridge in its place, and then do the same to my second bridge because it is off by a space. And speaking of Wisp, I just got the 20 visit stamp from him.
You're just tearing up that ugly old thing now? I have brick and zen bridges up and down the main river.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
Haha, I had my original bridge up for quite a long time because it was so convenient. But, I eventually torn it down and replaced with a brick one. Mainly for the same reason, it was off by one space in the design I eventually created.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Haha, I had my original bridge up for quite a long time because it was so convenient. But, I eventually torn it down and replaced with a brick one. Mainly for the same reason, it was off by one space in the design I eventually created.
oh my God, making sure pathways line up with doorways and bridges has been one of the things that drives me nuts. I'm doing a major rennovation currently and I just have to move a few more buildings and then move a bridge or two. Then everything will be perfect. Finally.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
oh my God, making sure pathways line up with doorways and bridges has been one of the things that drives me nuts. I'm doing a major rennovation currently and I just have to move a few more buildings and then move a bridge or two. Then everything will be perfect. Finally.
Some of my more complicated designs I drew out on graph paper just to make sure everything was going to fit. I did this with my big parking lot on my island, prior to unlocking Able Sister's. Unfortunately, my design (at the time) didn't account for Able's doorway not being in the center of the building. :X

It would be really helpful if we had a design view when we're moving things around on the island. I put some of my music players in places that are no longer accessible. They all turned off after someone had connection problems on my island this last weekend. :/

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
Yo, Goose showed up at my campsite today. I would totally choose him over Hippeux, but I want Hippeux to want to leave so I can try and (hopefully) recruit someone from the void.

WinniethePimp

Oct 26, 2017
EU
So i have my 10 villagers but and no more room for a new one obviously... Now if i want to get villagers again on mystery islands, do i need to kick someone out first? Also since i have never done this before... do i complain to Isabelle about the one i want to get out? And then she will "talk" to them and they're gone? Or do i need to complain several times first?

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
So i have my 10 villagers but and no more room for a new one obviously... Now if i want to get villagers again on mystery islands, do i need to kick someone out first? Also since i have never done this before... do i complain to Isabelle about the one i want to get out? And then she will "talk" to them and they're gone? Or do i need to complain several times first?
You have to have a free plot for villagers to show up on the mystery islands again. Complaining to Isabelle will just reset their clothes/phrase. In regards to kicking villagers out:

Q: Okay, I got my 10 villagers. Am I stuck with this set?
A: Nope! Every once in a while, a villager will be chosen to be thinking about leaving. If you see them walking around slowly with thought bubbles around their heads and saying things like "What to do next..." or the likes, one of the things that they might be thinking about is leaving. You can convince them to stay, or agree to have them leave. There are alternative ways to get new blood through the campsite, I'll get to that later.

MoogleWizard

Oct 27, 2017
Budding summer romance. :)

Ec9zG1-U4AI98MQ

Ec9zG1cUcAAMa_a

I love Erik so much, he has overtaken Sherb as my favorite lazy. How he is not S-tier is beyond me.

Yo, Goose showed up at my campsite today. I would totally choose him over Hippeux, but I want Hippeux to want to leave so I can try and (hopefully) recruit someone from the void.
I would take Goose. He's great. He left my island over a month ago and I still miss him. Some of my villagers still use the nickname he gave me. And you can get really unlucky with the void. I let the game fill in a spot once and I got an ugly bear with terrible custom clothing and a seabass for interior decor. Never again.

TheIdiot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is amazing. I had 30 Nook Miles tickets at the ready to recruit Erik. His character design and house exterior are too good to pass up for my Winter forest town. As I was going to my first island and showing my gf a pic of Erik saying why I wanted him... he just casually showed up in the background. We were both like:

tenor.gif

RedBlue

Oct 27, 2017
Queens, NY
Budding summer romance. :)

Ec9zG1-U4AI98MQ

Ec9zG1cUcAAMa_a

I love Erik so much, he has overtaken Sherb as my favorite lazy. How he is not S-tier is beyond me.

I would take Goose. He's great. He left my island over a month ago and I still miss him. Some of my villagers still use the nickname he gave me. And you can get really unlucky with the void. I let the game fill in a spot once and I got an ugly bear with terrible custom clothing and a seabass for interior decor. Never again.

what is a villager tier list anyway? We all have our preferences. Egbert is by far my favorite villager. Not just favorite lazy, but favorite villager overall. Seeing his big chicken silhouette on top of the mountain late at night always freaks me out. But he is a harmless goof.

I recently got rid of one of the villagers i liked a lot, Zell. And i filled his spot with a snooty i do not care for because my wife wants her eventually.

Bii

Oct 25, 2017
This is amazing. I had 30 Nook Miles tickets at the ready to recruit Erik. His character design and house exterior are too good to pass up for my Winter forest town. As I was going to my first island and showing my gf a pic of Erik saying why I wanted him... he just casually showed up in the background. We were both like:

tenor.gif

Haha. I had the same situation/reaction when I bumped into Sherb just a week ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.